Legalise It!.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Legalise It!.

Postby Sprintcyclist » 09 Oct 2018, 20:26

............ Colorado was the first state to legalize recreational weed, so its market is the most mature. And lawmakers and entrepreneurs in other states, and other countries, look at Colorado as a measuring stick.

Revenue from taxes and fees has increased each year, from $76 million in 2014 to $200 million last year, and the state is on track to beat that this year, according to VS Strategies, which used state revenue data in its report Wednesday.

Colorado has spent most of the money on schools, the research company says. Smaller chunks have gone to drug prevention and treatment programs and to regulating the marijuana industry. .............

https://money.cnn.com/2017/07/19/news/colorado-marijuana-tax-revenue/index.html

An income of $200 M, lower expenses, fewer young people lives being wrecked by the legal system.
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 20:55

Sprintcyclist wrote: fewer young people lives being wrecked by the legal system.

saw something once that claimed that about 80% of inmates in US prisons were in there for drug use. Some of the US states have a three strikes policy which means that you can go to jail for a decade for smoking a joint.

it's ridiculous.

Many of the ones who are pushing for tougher penalties for drug users also have shares in the companies that run the jails over there.
It's just another money making scam for the elite.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Oct 2018, 21:39

Private gaols are a fucking abomination! If the prison needs filling judges will find people to send there.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 10 Oct 2018, 03:19

mothra wrote:I'll just leave this here:

:bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 10 Oct 2018, 03:23

DonDeeHippy wrote:you seam to be mixing up 3 separate items....
Illegal illicitt drug use
pharmaceutical drug use
Addaitives in Food

I agree with u on big pharma and Food

It seams when your talking about drugs (illigal that is ) your hoping for some wonderful crackdown and they magically disapear... which if it could happen id be happy to support.

However history of the last 40-50 years is a totally diferant thing

All i see with prohabition is drug users getting poison instead of the drug they think they r getting.

Kids going to jail and learning to be criminals

Organized crime getting stronger and stronger.

A lot of the terrible cost to human health is because of users not getting what they paid for...… Yes I know they r destroying ppl, but if it was controlled at least the addicts could get help and not jail time.

The europian countries that have relaxed drug laws, have seen thair jails not being used and crime going down.

I think making our laws even more draconian is only going to make more deaths from polluted drugs, jail time and organized crime. :purple

Ys :roll :bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 10 Oct 2018, 03:45

HBS Guy wrote:I would also be in favor of, say, a registered drug addict having his license taken away. Drugs are drugs. Same with someone on prescribed opioids.

uh hum.. Not happening. See you are making assumptions... and I assume you are referring to a driver's license.
I've been prescribed opioids.. specifically MS Contin, for years. It helped. BUT NOW ??

I don't take it anymore..I still have MS Contin30 mg tabs sitting in my room. Not out of date yet.

.NO I AM NOT AN ADDICT of Morphine. If all the BS about drugs were true, I'd be dead long time ago. :roll

For me, a better pain reliever has become available. It is a drug that works on the brain, much like THC.

Not having a reliable source of good quality POT, I have to look to big pharma to help.

Much rather just smoke Pot.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 10 Oct 2018, 06:57

Know none of you want to read this, as you're all to scared to see the reality. However this is what the real situation is in Aus, one which you all fervently support and want to promote so that it becomes legal. All the ingredients come from the major chemical and drug manufactures, who also want to legalise their drugs so they can increase profits and turn societies into drug controlled profit growth slaves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... caine.html

Just love this thread, so very revealing and provides evidence of how cloned ideologues, swarm into an angry, hateful, vengeance filled mob, determined to destroy any opposition to their simple infantile ideological programming. You all freely admit to never reading links or even posts, just swarm, attack and spew hate. Which is a wonderful way to prove where world societies are headed., down the drain rapidly, enjoy the ride into the future you support. A drug fueled crazy society with mob rule and never ending violence, which is already entrenched and growing daily, wit PC clones fully supporting and cheering it on.

So pleased am not part of the crowd, at least have the decency and interest to read all posts and associated links, otherwise never get to understand how others think and view things. Being locked into a simple primitive mindset, determined to never step outside and without any knowledge go into and primitive pack mentality, sure shows where you ll come from and your drug crazed urban squalor.

Bye, :rofl
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 10 Oct 2018, 07:25

do u think Dax's pain killers for his hand have been very strong …... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby Sprintcyclist » 10 Oct 2018, 09:58

pinkeye wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:you seam to be mixing up 3 separate items....
Illegal illicitt drug use
pharmaceutical drug use
Addaitives in Food

I agree with u on big pharma and Food

It seams when your talking about drugs (illigal that is ) your hoping for some wonderful crackdown and they magically disapear... which if it could happen id be happy to support.

However history of the last 40-50 years is a totally diferant thing

All i see with prohabition is drug users getting poison instead of the drug they think they r getting.

Kids going to jail and learning to be criminals

Organized crime getting stronger and stronger.

A lot of the terrible cost to human health is because of users not getting what they paid for...… Yes I know they r destroying ppl, but if it was controlled at least the addicts could get help and not jail time.

The europian countries that have relaxed drug laws, have seen thair jails not being used and crime going down.

I think making our laws even more draconian is only going to make more deaths from polluted drugs, jail time and organized crime. :purple

Ys :roll :bgrin :bgrin

Entirely yes.
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Oct 2018, 10:08

Yes. I don’t want anyone addicted to bloody drugs. But pretending we can prohibit them is childish. Time for a new, more realistic policy.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 10 Oct 2018, 23:24

second largest drug users according to dax's link

clearly prohibition is working well for us :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 11 Oct 2018, 00:20

Dax wrote:Know none of you want to read this, as you're all to scared to see the reality.
Just love this thread, so very revealing and provides evidence of how cloned ideologues, swarm into an angry, hateful, vengeance filled mob, determined to destroy any opposition to their simple infantile ideological programming.

, just swarm, attack and spew hate. A drug fueled crazy society with mob rule and never ending violence,
Being locked into a simple primitive mindset, determined to never step outside and without any knowledge go into and primitive pack mentality, sure shows where you ll come from and your drug crazed urban squalor.

Bye, :rofl

:rofl Classic spit the dummy. :rofl Oh don't go Dax. :buddy

Mate you don't seem to understand we are all more or less on the same page, except for YOU, of course.

Drugs already RUN our society. That is obvious.( to me at least)

WE have to change this. Pretty simple thing to consider, but very difficult to find a resolution.

You can take your whinging fucking pointless posts and shove them up your arse. You pose no solutions...

YOU DO NOT have the answer... so get over it, fool. :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Oct 2018, 03:20

pinkeye wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I would also be in favor of, say, a registered drug addict having his license taken away. Drugs are drugs. Same with someone on prescribed opioids.

uh hum.. Not happening. See you are making assumptions... and I assume you are referring to a driver's license.
I've been prescribed opioids.. specifically MS Contin, for years. It helped. BUT NOW ??

I don't take it anymore..I still have MS Contin30 mg tabs sitting in my room. Not out of date yet.

.NO I AM NOT AN ADDICT of Morphine. If all the BS about drugs were true, I'd be dead long time ago. :roll

For me, a better pain reliever has become available. It is a drug that works on the brain, much like THC.

Not having a reliable source of good quality POT, I have to look to big pharma to help.

Much rather just smoke Pot.

Wasn’t making assumptions, said “registered addict” could be heroin, crack etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 20 Oct 2018, 20:52

:yahoo

Oh CANADA OH Canada...

at least Canada has some smarts. :roll

We're still stuck in the Dark Ages.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 20 Oct 2018, 21:11

pinkeye wrote::yahoo

Oh CANADA OH Canada...

at least Canada has some smarts. :roll

We're still stuck in the Dark Ages.

I saw something somewhere say that they ran out of marijuana on their first day :giggle
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Oct 2018, 21:30

ahahahah!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby dissilymordentroge » 20 Oct 2018, 22:05

HBS Guy wrote:So legalise drugs, tax them, and stop pretending we haven’t already lost the War on Drugs™ before it started.

Take the crims out of the supply chain, make it a medical problem which is what it is.

Totally agree but I wan’t to bring in here issues I find often ignored in these discussions.
1: Generalising about the effect of a range of drugs invariably ignores the fact individuals react in different ways to different drugs. Instance, myself I have what’s described clinically as ‘paradoxical reactions’ to a wide range of tranquillising and anti-depressant drugs many of which have the opposite effect from what they’re normally supposed to do . More research into individuals chemistry, possibly involving studies of family members genetics, might tell us more about this . Instance, if we could predict a particular individual had a high chance of having paranoid/and/or schizophrenic episodes triggered by certain drugs they’d be forewarned.

2: Generalisations about particular drugs ignore several facts. Black market drugs aren’t necessarily anything like what they claimed to be when sold to users. Genetic differences between strains of marijuana and opium can be enormous. Instance, two varieties of poppies are grown in Tasmania, one for opium production, the other for thebane a powerful anaesthetic. Consume the later by accident and you have a high chance of dying. This matters as tourists to this state impulsively pick poppies, treat them in an often amateurish way and having unknowingly chosen the wrong paddock to steal from die. Several of those who died a few years ago weren’t junkies, had never used previously acting as teenagers often do, impulsively.
The black market and hydroponics have led to very advanced manipulation of plant genetics. Older varieties contained ingredients with tranquillising as well as hallucinatory effects.
Many never varieties have had nearly all the tranquillising component bred out of them and the hallucinogenic component boosted to literally insane levels.

3: Teaching less than truth to school children about drugs is more than just dishonest, it’s downright dangerous. Take for instance the common classroom assertion of all marijuana being addictive and a trigger for conditions such as schizophrenia. The young, as they have always done, will none the less experiment. They discover marijuana doesn’t induce addiction in their case and doesn’t induce schizophrenia. They therefore assume everything else they’ve been told about a wide range of drugs is a lie thus going on to experiment with far, far more dangerous substances. If we must tell children about drugs an important fact we need to get through is that consumption below a certain age often retards brain development. Here’s one area I suggest the law should come down on suppliers for selling to teenagers and younger. Parents in fact who buy their young teenagers that bottle of vodka for a party should have the law punish them too.

I might add here however my perspective may be warped by my own history of drug consumption which started at 18. Large quantities of marijuana, so many LSD trips I lost count, three years of heroin and I’m still here although some would claim the damage has been done. My view is I did more damage to myself by running marathons too often and for too many years managing to smash my knees. Nobody warned me about the dangers of that. I don't want to use my own experience to try and claim all drugs are harmless and anyone should try them. Far from it. I know my experience isn’t universal.However, there is one drug I suggest nobody should ever go near, Ice. It’s known to change brain chemistry upon FIRST USE and trigger extremely violent episodes.

Then there’s the medical use of drugs such as marijuana, a well researched area that is far too often the subject of panic driven bullshit.
Enough, I’m having a nice little libation of Tasmanian Scotch and putting myself to bed.........
Last edited by dissilymordentroge on 20 Oct 2018, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Chihuahua

Postby Miranda » 20 Oct 2018, 22:09

Well, because I have epilepsy, I smoke dope with the doctor's advice and approval. 1 joint per night means I only take Keppra in the mornings.

And, it's that time of the night to partake :thumb
Miranda
Jack Russell

Postby dissilymordentroge » 20 Oct 2018, 22:39

Miranda wrote:Well, because I have epilepsy, I smoke dope with the doctor's advice and approval. 1 joint per night means I only take Keppra in the mornings.

And, it's that time of the night to partake :thumb

I’ve seen the evidence myself. A friend’s young daughter used dope to control epilepsy and it was far, far more effective then any of the orthodox drugs she’d previously used, all with very nasty side effects in her case. Most turned her into a zombie.
When her only parent died she moved in with an Aunt and Uncle who were Exclusive Brethren. They forbad the use of dope. Five months later after many experiments with a range of prescription drugs she had a grand mal fit, fell down the stairs and passed away. I’m afraid I made a scene at the funeral screaming at her Aunt and Uncle when they claimed she had ‘experienced God’s grace when in their home'. I’m still angry.
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Chihuahua

Previous

Return to Politics