Scott Morrison

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Scott Morrison

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 09:29

cult, liberal party

join the dots
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Oct 2018, 18:46

David Crowe reckons the immigration debates has gone off the rails. And there’s a sting in the tail of the article for the Coalition.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 5092o.html
Morrison’s certainly got his hands full with the freedom of religion issue.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 508su.html
Morrison’s ‘blind spot’ may come from reading the Bible too literally according to theology lecturer Robyn Whitaker.
https://theconversation.com/on-gender-a ... lly-102843
And former minister Concetta Fierravanti-Wells has slammed the Coalition’s handling of religious protections, accusing senior Liberals of going missing during the same-sex marriage debate.
https://outline.com/5Jaezy
David Marr says the right to expel gay children from school isn’t about freedom; it’s about cruelty.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ut-cruelty
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2018, 09:41

Jack Waterford begins this excellent contribution with:

“The Morrison government is moving decisively away from any pretence to steady and, by its lights, principled government. It’s shifting to a program of booby-trapping the Lodge – a more cynical, political and ultimately dangerous program, usually adopted after one accepts one will lose. It’s to make it more difficult for the next (Shorten) government to govern, whether with or without a co-operative senate.”

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/sullen-coalition-lays-landmines-for-labor-20181012-p50991.html
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2018, 09:43

In a blistering article Paul Bongiorno outlines Morrison’s race to the bottom:

https://outline.com/LY6CMy
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 13 Oct 2018, 10:00

HBS Guy wrote:In a blistering article Paul Bongiorno outlines Morrison’s race to the bottom:

https://outline.com/LY6CMy

Morrison is the relief teacher who keeps an eye on the kiddies until the real teacher gets back. He doesn't get to determine the classrooms long term direction, he only gets to make some short term decisions to last the day

Morrison's just filling in time until the election, then he's gone. Hopefully for good.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 14 Oct 2018, 23:42

Yes, we need a Labor Government.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 06:50

Bastards. Bastards yet again

Disability advocates have slammed Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s decision to “repurpose” $3.9 billion originally set aside for the NDIS to pay for drought relief, but the plan has been cautiously welcomed by farmers.

Mr Morrison unveiled his $5 billion Drought Future Fund at a summit attended by farmers, economists, industry bodies and state and federal ministers in Canberra on Friday, promising measures to drought-proof the nation’s agriculture sector.

The first $3.9 billion of the scheme, which would operate similarly to the Medical Future Fund, is to be paid for out of a pool of money originally intended for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.

ttps://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/ndis-funds-to-be-repurposed-for-drought-relief-under-morrison-plan-20181026-p50c5k.html
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 19:45

HBS Guy wrote:Bastards. Bastards yet again

Disability advocates have slammed Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s decision to “repurpose” $3.9 billion originally set aside for the NDIS to pay for drought relief, but the plan has been cautiously welcomed by farmers.

Mr Morrison unveiled his $5 billion Drought Future Fund at a summit attended by farmers, economists, industry bodies and state and federal ministers in Canberra on Friday, promising measures to drought-proof the nation’s agriculture sector.

The first $3.9 billion of the scheme, which would operate similarly to the Medical Future Fund, is to be paid for out of a pool of money originally intended for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.

ttps://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/ndis-funds-to-be-repurposed-for-drought-relief-under-morrison-plan-20181026-p50c5k.html

:grn
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 27 Oct 2018, 19:47

I would say unbelievable ... but it's really not anymore, is it.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 20:11

The way they fucked up the NBN, criminal! All this innovative stuff, all collapsed. Need decent internet! The jobs that could have been created! Copper run out where the copper was inadequate (by NBN Co standards) not fibre!

Now the clowns are running out DOCSIS3.1. This allows gigabit speed on the HFC cable. That is not why they are doing it. It is cheaper to run that out than physically run out more fibre and coax, instal many more nodes etc.

The only part of the NBN that is not completely fucked is FTTH and the way the Libs set the rules if that degrades nothing will be done to fix that. Labor better change that and a LOT more about the NBN. Give it to the Future Fund, they have a lot of money doing nothing. Tell it to roll out FTTH rapidly using all the new techniques used in Project Fox (the Melton, Vic rollout) then sell off 49% of it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 20:15

HBS Guy wrote:The way they fucked up the NBN, criminal!

I'm going to spend Monday on the phone with telstra. My NBN is a piece of crap. In the last 2 days it must have dropped out at least 20 times. And my system is supposed to automatically switch to their wireless network when the NBN drops out, and even that wasn't working.

what a piece of crap
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 20:23

Just go to fulltime wireless 4G.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 21:11

HBS Guy wrote:Just go to fulltime wireless 4G.

their wireless is supposed to be 4g .,.that's not working as promised either
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 27 Oct 2018, 23:49

johnsmith wrote:

I'm going to spend Monday on the phone with telstra. My NBN is a piece of crap. In the last 2 days it must have dropped out at least 20 times. And my system is supposed to automatically switch to their wireless network when the NBN drops out, and even that wasn't working.

what a piece of crap

Been there longtime. It stinks BUT you'll be on the phone for many hrs, most likely. Good luck.
And a word of advice...perseverance.

Hmm this is correct spelling isn't it.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 27 Oct 2018, 23:51

Scott Morrison should shut the fuck up, and piss off till the election.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 28 Oct 2018, 09:04

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

what a piece of crap

Been there longtime. It stinks BUT you'll be on the phone for many hrs, most likely. Good luck.

I loath dealing with telstra .... I've no idea why I moved back to them. I swore over a decade ago 'never again'. Just Stupid.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 29 Oct 2018, 10:07

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

what a piece of crap

I loath dealing with telstra .... I've no idea why I moved back to them. I swore over a decade ago 'never again'. Just Stupid.

The day that Optus started operating in Australia, I switched over to them (long, long time ago).

Telstra kept calling me and offering better deals, but I just kept telling them to fuck off.

I will never, ever give another cent to Telstra.

(that's not to say that Optus is perfect, by the way)
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Oct 2018, 16:54

johnsmith wrote:

what a piece of crap

How did that go?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 29 Oct 2018, 19:38

HBS Guy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

what a piece of crap

How did that go?

It didn't. I've had no problem with he internet today, despite i raining all day, so I didn't call. I didn't need he hassle on my birthday :bgrin .
I saw some telstra workers around the corner when I dropped the kids off at school so they may have fixed whatever was causing it. I'm hopeful but no holding my breath.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 29 Oct 2018, 20:05

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

what a piece of crap

How did that go?

It didn't. I've had no problem with he internet today, despite i raining all day, so I didn't call. I didn't need he hassle on my birthday :bgrin .
I saw some telstra workers around the corner when I dropped the kids off at school so they may have fixed whatever was causing it. I'm hopeful but no holding my breath.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Oct 2018, 20:08

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 29 Oct 2018, 21:03

:thumb
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 29 Oct 2018, 21:35

I just saw Morriscum defend locking up children on Nauru, by saying that 10,000 people live on Nauru and they think it's very nice.

And then his religious not-job mate Abbott said, it's a "very pleasant island".

I hope, that when their time comes, these two cunts die a very slow, painful death.

I just cannot believe that that piece of shit is our PM.

I've never been more embarrassed to be an Australian.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 29 Oct 2018, 21:57

greggerypeccary wrote:I just saw Morriscum defend locking up children on Nauru, by saying that 10,000 people live on Nauru and they think it's very nice

someone should ask Morriscum how many of those 10 000 live in his concentration camps?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 29 Oct 2018, 22:09

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:I just saw Morriscum defend locking up children on Nauru, by saying that 10,000 people live on Nauru and they think it's very nice

someone should ask Morriscum how many of those 10 000 live in his concentration camps?

He's an evil, evil prick.

I truly look forward to the day he dies.

The world will be a much better place.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Politics