I Ask NO Pardon

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

I Ask NO Pardon

Postby pinkeye » 01 Aug 2018, 03:42

I was tossing up between Off-Topic and Politics for this. It is really about politics, I reckon, in the long term.

Environmental politics and neighbourly concerns.

I reported my new(ish) neighbours to Council a week or so ago.

For tree-clearing in a highly protected , extremely rare and very small area, covered by local, state and federal law.

A young family, father mother and 3 kids under 10. 2 wee blonde girls and a slightly older boy, who is basically looking obesity in the face. :sad :tweed

Only the third owners of the land since development, I feared there would be trouble when I found out the type of people, the 3rd owners were. I knew they would want to do stuff they're not allowed, even before I met them.
So concerned was I that , seeing the real estate agent next door, in the settlement period, I spoke to her directly about the importance that the new purchasers understood the laws covering the land. She basically shrugged, and said it was the lawyers acting for the young family to advise them. I persisted, saying they shouldn't purchase land if they aren't fully informed. She fobbed me off.

And yes the sale went through, and yes the young husband has been busy ripping the guts out of the upper part of the land,.. felling trees that were hundred yrs old or more, etc etc.
That part of the land is protected, but does not to extend to the strictness applying to the bottom of the property.

They have not been willing to talk to me, not as a new neighbour, or anything else, so I made a point of calling him over to the fence... ( after 2 yrs I only know HIS first name.. no ph number .. not common in the area.. people look out for each other )

I informed him of the laws, .. later after more devastation offered him a copy of the rules .. refused... So the last straw was 3 Sundays ago. ( Not content with using a Bobcat to rip up plants and move dirt into the protected area, for 2 weeks previously) I heard a chainsaw start up.

:sad AWFUL SOUND.

At first I thought he was cutting up some big limbs that had come down in high winds a couple of months ago.

But then i heard it.

The crash/thunk of trees falling. :mad

All I could do was go and stand down at the boundary fence, with my arms folded, and glare at him.

Then... I reported him. Council attended, agreed they were in breach of the Laws, and compliance action will follow.

:yahoo :yahoo :clap :clap

Cunt thinks he's the king ... arrogant piece of shit. His kids seem scared of him. I know his dogs were. Only they've disappeared, and now there are 2 piglets living just across the fence from my fresh-water drinking tanks. Fucking moronic arsehole. I might make that an issue as well.

All I was doing was trying to be a helpful neighbour.

Now... he and his family are up for big costs. But I'm sure his wife's father will cover for him. :roll

Makes me sick to look at the destruction, and wonder why some people (usually Men) think they can do as they choose, regardless of the Law.

WHY would you want to destroy irreplaceable habitat and bio-diversity.?
So

I reported it. I WILL follow up as well.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: I Ask NO Pardon

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Aug 2018, 06:43

You be careful, lock doors,have mobile phone on you at all times!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 01 Aug 2018, 07:12

mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 01 Aug 2018, 07:48

pink, don't take this the wrong way but you sound like the neighbor from hell

:clap :clap :clap
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Aug 2018, 07:56

In a good cause!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DreamRyderX » 01 Aug 2018, 17:23

HBS Guy wrote:You be careful, lock doors,have mobile phone on you at all times!

And if it were legal, I would suggest you have a loaded firearm nearby in case it's necessary for self-defense.......but being it isn't legal in Australia yet, I wouldn't suggest you do that.....Just hope your call to 000 gets taken seriously & you stay safe.......some day, soon I hope, I will legally be able to advise you like before, but until then you are at your neighbors mercy until the coppers come to your rescue. Image
DreamRyderX
puppy

Postby Aussie » 01 Aug 2018, 17:42

some day, soon I hope, I will legally be able to advise you like before

I'll bite. Please clarify.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby pinkeye » 02 Aug 2018, 01:32

johnsmith wrote:pink, don't take this the wrong way but you sound like the neighbor from hell

Nah..I'm the best neighbour you ever had … I have a card from the previous owners saying so,... BUT... they valued what is there. They didn't harm it.

This young mob? … they are going to have to wear it. He is not a good neighbour. Only a fucking fool would do what he has done to that place.
The wife and kids? she's a nurse in A&E or Oncology.. one or the other, and has never made any attempt to talk to me, even before shit started happening.

I have no fear of them only contempt. They had fair warning.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 02 Aug 2018, 01:33

Aussie wrote:

No idea myself. :?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 02 Aug 2018, 15:08

pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

He means he hopes Australian gun laws relax to the point he can legally advise you to arm yourself.

Yes, he's that stupid.
mothra
Duck

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 15:37

pinkeye wrote:I was tossing up between Off-Topic and Politics for this. It is really about politics, I reckon, in the long term.

Environmental politics and neighbourly concerns.

I reported my new(ish) neighbours to Council a week or so ago.

For tree-clearing in a highly protected , extremely rare and very small area, covered by local, state and federal law.

A young family, father mother and 3 kids under 10. 2 wee blonde girls and a slightly older boy, who is basically looking obesity in the face. :sad :tweed

Only the third owners of the land since development, I feared there would be trouble when I found out the type of people, the 3rd owners were. I knew they would want to do stuff they're not allowed, even before I met them.
So concerned was I that , seeing the real estate agent next door, in the settlement period, I spoke to her directly about the importance that the new purchasers understood the laws covering the land. She basically shrugged, and said it was the lawyers acting for the young family to advise them. I persisted, saying they shouldn't purchase land if they aren't fully informed. She fobbed me off.

And yes the sale went through, and yes the young husband has been busy ripping the guts out of the upper part of the land,.. felling trees that were hundred yrs old or more, etc etc.
That part of the land is protected, but does not to extend to the strictness applying to the bottom of the property.

They have not been willing to talk to me, not as a new neighbour, or anything else, so I made a point of calling him over to the fence... ( after 2 yrs I only know HIS first name.. no ph number .. not common in the area.. people look out for each other )

I informed him of the laws, .. later after more devastation offered him a copy of the rules .. refused... So the last straw was 3 Sundays ago. ( Not content with using a Bobcat to rip up plants and move dirt into the protected area, for 2 weeks previously) I heard a chainsaw start up.

:sad AWFUL SOUND.

At first I thought he was cutting up some big limbs that had come down in high winds a couple of months ago.

But then i heard it.

The crash/thunk of trees falling. :mad

All I could do was go and stand down at the boundary fence, with my arms folded, and glare at him.

Then... I reported him. Council attended, agreed they were in breach of the Laws, and compliance action will follow.

:yahoo :yahoo :clap :clap

Cunt thinks he's the king ... arrogant piece of shit. His kids seem scared of him. I know his dogs were. Only they've disappeared, and now there are 2 piglets living just across the fence from my fresh-water drinking tanks. Fucking moronic arsehole. I might make that an issue as well.

All I was doing was trying to be a helpful neighbour.

Now... he and his family are up for big costs. But I'm sure his wife's father will cover for him. :roll

Makes me sick to look at the destruction, and wonder why some people (usually Men) think they can do as they choose, regardless of the Law.

WHY would you want to destroy irreplaceable habitat and bio-diversity.?
So

I reported it. I WILL follow up as well.

Do you hate all men?
Free what?
Bongalong
Irish wolfhound

Postby Bongalong » 02 Aug 2018, 15:38

mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

He means he hopes Australian gun laws relax to the point he can legally advise you to arm yourself.

Yes, he's that stupid.

You can arm yourself without guns: :thumb
Free what?
Bongalong
Irish wolfhound

Postby hatty » 02 Aug 2018, 16:23

Bongalong wrote:
mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yes, he's that stupid.

You can arm yourself without guns: :thumb

Yeah!..... I've got two arms..... all the better to be a nice happy clappy spaghetti monster..... Guns can fuck right off.

you are doing the right thing here pinkeye..... ol mate neighbour sounds like a cunt.
Last edited by hatty on 03 Aug 2018, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
hatty
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 02 Aug 2018, 18:53

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:pink, don't take this the wrong way but you sound like the neighbor from hell

Nah..I'm the best neighbour you ever had … I have a card from the previous owners saying so,... BUT... they valued what is there. They didn't harm it.

This young mob? … they are going to have to wear it. He is not a good neighbour. Only a fucking fool would do what he has done to that place.
The wife and kids? she's a nurse in A&E or Oncology.. one or the other, and has never made any attempt to talk to me, even before shit started happening.

I have no fear of them only contempt. They had fair warning.

i hate neighbours who are like that. I always chat to my neighbours, even the ones I don't like.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 03 Aug 2018, 01:12

huh..but not the one's you hate?

Nah I tried real hard at first to be a friendly neighbour... they took a year to remodel the house, before they actually moved in. :roll For all that time they had two small dogs confined to the yard area, sometimes alone for more than a day. Their sad wee howls at night got to me, so , yes, I spoke to him .. expressing concerns for their welfare. He claimed it was just like people who work all day. Sorry, not 24/7 I said. He just stared at me with his arms folded.

So yeah that was sort of the start. I did no more about it I'm afraid , but :grn then he started in on the trees. :OMG
and the wee dogs are gone, and there are now 2 fucking piglets living in a pen near my drinking water tanks. :huh :WTF
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby DreamRyderX » 03 Aug 2018, 11:05

Aussie wrote:

As in ...... earlier in the same post ...... where I said that if it were legal to have a loaded firearm, close by....say next to the bed, my hopes are that some day it will be legal to suggest having a loaded gun next to your bed, & people will legally be able to do it ..... unlike today where you need to lock yer firearm in a Fort Knox safe, & then lock the ammo for it in another Fort Knox safe ..... the "Thought Police" will be bangin' on yer door....hell, they'll break right in.....for just thinkin' about doing that, & God forbid using that firearm in self-defense!!! ImageImage
DreamRyderX
puppy

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 11:07

In America the most use of guns is accidental deaths/woundeds from kids getting hold of loaded firearms.

Suicides by gun are big too. So are deaths from cops shooting suspects, afraid they are armed.

Don’t think we want that crap here.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DreamRyderX » 03 Aug 2018, 12:32

HBS Guy wrote:In America the most use of guns is accidental deaths/woundeds from kids getting hold of loaded firearms.

Suicides by gun are big too. So are deaths from cops shooting suspects, afraid they are armed.

I'd take my chances.

I'd rather deal with accidental deaths (accidents happen....like swimming pools & fallin' off bikes, running into busy streets after toys...etc....etc....etc....etc....) than stand by & watch home invasions by Machete wielding Sudanese, or a single minded rapist crawling through my daughters bedroom window. And BTW don't we have education to teach children right from wrong? With our stellar educational system, I would think adopting a strong approach to teaching children gun safety, from day one....1st grade through secondary......should be a walk in the park....a no brainer. There's nothing better than intensive education & good parenting....no? Oh, & don't forget adult education too.....all adults should, if they own firearms, should attend adult firearm education.....at the very least have it available at a very nominal fee.....say the cost of a handful of ammo.

Suicides.........I have no pity for them, just their families, matter in fact they are doing society a favor.....removing themselves from it.....Nature Culls.....
Victoria is the first state in Australia to pass voluntary assisted dying laws. The Voluntary Assisted Dying Act (2017) provides a safe legal framework for people who are suffering and dying ⮞ ⮞ ⮞ to choose the manner and timing of their death. ⮜ ⮜ ⮜

Cops shoot bad guys now, so if you're a bad guy, & guns become mainstream, being a bad guy just becomes way more dangerous, not only because cops are shooting at you, but because citizens will be too.....maybe it would be time for bad guys to take up a different profession.......or, do bad guys need special protections in your utopian society? I firmly believe a well armed citizenry will, over time, will force a marked drop in violent crime. Guns, IMHO, will be used to save way more lives than they will take.

Defending one's life, & the lives of one's family & friends, is a 'Natural Right'........the Right to Self-Defense, & no government has the right to deny or obstruct it's Citizens from the exercise of that Right, nor the means in which the Citizen deems necessary to exercise it. If necessary, let a court of law make the determination (at the governments cost) if the act was justified, but do so ONLY after the fact & not a moment before!

DreamRyderX
puppy

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 13:03

The stats from the US show that accidental homicides/woundings and suicides are far the biggest “uses” of guns in the home.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 13:07

HBS Guy wrote:In America the most use of guns is accidental deaths/woundeds from kids getting hold of loaded firearms.

1,000 times this.

Kid finds a loaded gun in a drawer..... thinks its a toy shoots his brother..... or mum...... happens every day.

police in England don't even carry firearms..... they don't feel they need to..... they talk to people, even violent people safe in the knowledge that the aforementioned violent person isn't going to shoot them.
hatty
Jack Russell

Postby DreamRyderX » 03 Aug 2018, 13:21

HBS Guy wrote:The stats from the US show that accidental homicides/woundings and suicides are far the biggest “uses” of guns in the home.

BTW, eliminate suicide.....over 60% of all firearm deaths in America are suicides, not the intentional murder of another human being.

Suicide is when someone decidedly takes their own life, & not an act to criminally injure or kill another human being.

I wish them all the success in the world. Image Image

God loves them, but personally I don't give a rats ass for their sorry selves.....I just feel empathy for their families who need to clean up after the fact.

So, why don't you provide the link to that assertion, I'd like to see the data they gathered, their figures, & their source to make that assumption......
DreamRyderX
puppy

Postby Auggie » 03 Aug 2018, 14:02

DreamRyderX wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:The stats from the US show that accidental homicides/woundings and suicides are far the biggest “uses” of guns in the home.

BTW, eliminate suicide.....over 60% of all firearm deaths in America are suicides, not the intentional murder of another human being.

Suicide is when someone decidedly takes their own life, & not an act to criminally injure or kill another human being.

I wish them all the success in the world. Image Image

God loves them, but personally I don't give a rats ass for their sorry selves.....I just feel empathy for their families who need to clean up after the fact.

So, why don't you provide the link to that assertion, I'd like to see the data they gathered, their figures, & their source to make that assumption......

You’re a fucking piece of shit, Panther. Go back to the shit hole you admire so much - America.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 14:13

Yeah...... sometimes we all get a bit sad.

but...... this so far in 2018

no wonder i want to move to New Zealand
hatty
Jack Russell

Postby hatty » 03 Aug 2018, 14:46

Fuck Yeah!
hatty
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Aug 2018, 15:02

Without loaded guns around the place suicide is harder and so less suicides likely happen—that is a supposition not a fact.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Politics