WHO IS AMERICA?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: WHO IS AMERICA?

Postby Bongalong » 26 Jul 2018, 17:11

mothra wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:The young blonde bimbo was amazing too.

No idea who she is, but she just did anything he asked of her.

Told outright lies, without flinching.

And then the "adopt a child soldier" bit - oh dear.

That was just crazy. Said she was from the Bachelor? I dunno, i've never watched that crap. But what a fame whore. A stunning example of so much that is wrong with society.

She didn't seem to be a complete moron which was frightening ... just utterly devoid of any morals or ethics. As in, none whatsoever. Frightening.

Godless, even, perhaps??
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 26 Jul 2018, 17:14

mothra wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
I imagine she's one of these girls who takes a hundred selfies a day, with that stupid pouted lips pose.

She'd be checking into Facebook every fifteen minutes: "Just had toast for breakfast, off to do some clothes shopping now".

These people really worry me.

I saw some in their natural habitat only recently; the city on a Saturday night ... and not the good bits.

It was fucking freezing and i lost count of how many women i saw walking around sleeveless and bare-legged, supporting themselves on strappy spikes, walking on tip-toes by 10pm, clearly in agony. And age is no barrier ... or anything else for that matter. They just looked ridiculous. I've never understood it. And the kinds of men they attract are just revolting.

Never understood why a woman would consider a man who would prefer she was freezing and in pain. I've never liked boys like that.

Yet you still encourage young women to dress up like harlots :Hi :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 26 Jul 2018, 17:37

Bongalong wrote:
mothra wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
I imagine she's one of these girls who takes a hundred selfies a day, with that stupid pouted lips pose.

She'd be checking into Facebook every fifteen minutes: "Just had toast for breakfast, off to do some clothes shopping now".

These people really worry me.

I saw some in their natural habitat only recently; the city on a Saturday night ... and not the good bits.

It was fucking freezing and i lost count of how many women i saw walking around sleeveless and bare-legged, supporting themselves on strappy spikes, walking on tip-toes by 10pm, clearly in agony. And age is no barrier ... or anything else for that matter. They just looked ridiculous. I've never understood it. And the kinds of men they attract are just revolting.

Never understood why a woman would consider a man who would prefer she was freezing and in pain. I've never liked boys like that.

Yet you still encourage young women to dress up like harlots :Hi :Hi

I'm sorry? What's harlotry got to do with evidencing the intelligence and ability to adapt to your environment?

I'm just saying i'm not attracted to stupid ... or anyone who would be attracted to stupid.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 Jul 2018, 19:17

I saw a bit more on youtube today.. the fatman in a gym with ISIS and him backing up to sasha yelling America and if he touches him he will be gay.... made the day go better this arvo. :bgrin
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 27 Jul 2018, 13:12

‘Who Is America?’ town accuses Sacha Baron Cohen of 'baiting' local residents into making racist comments
Arizonans were filmed objecting to mosque being built in their town and saying black people 'aren't welcome'

The city of Kingman, Arizona, wants you to know about its dazzling history along Route 66, the weekly farmers market with local produce and that its residents are not uniformly racist.

Kingman became the latest target for Sacha Baron Cohen's social satire program on Showtime's Who Is America?. A segment featured Cohen, posing as a member of a development firm, bringing together locals to comment on a multimillion-dollar project.

The gathering of at least 21 quickly learn the proposal: the world's largest mosque outside the Middle East. As Cohen explains the plan in disguise at the front of the room the mood sours. One man links the word mosque to terrorism. The mosque will bring problems, another explains. One man says black people aren't welcome in town.

City officials were unhappy about the depiction and public outcry, of course, releasing a Facebook statement. There are criticisms at Cohen for "baiting" locals. It takes a shot at the show's reach in a Trumpian insult of "very low ratings." And every town has intolerant people, the city explains.

But then, it takes a turn.

Kingman said the segment led to a reckoning and has spurred efforts to be more racially and religiously inclusive.

"Shrugging this off is not going to be us. We're going to use this opportunity to keep moving our community forward with the help of many community stakeholders including the Kingman Interfaith Council," the statement said, signed by "City of Kingman, Arizona."

It added: "While we've been making progress, the comments in the show, fairly or unfairly, show that we still have more work to do."

Cohen's brand of uncomfortable social criticism has already led to a Georgia state representative's resignation after he dropped his pants and yelled obscenities on the show. He has also duped former Alaska governor Sarah Palin and former vice president Richard Cheney.

Kingman has a population of just under 30,000, according to a Census Bureau estimate last year. It is overwhelmingly white, with nearly 89 per cent identifying as white-only in a 2016 survey. The biggest minority population is Hispanic, a little more than a tenth of the population.

African Americans have long been a minority, totalling just over one per cent now. There were 289 people who identified as black only eight years ago. That number was 36 in 1990.

In one of the most charged moments of the segment, the group forcefully pushes back against the idea of the mosque. Kingman cannot accept that, a man explains, because the town is "lucky to have black people in it."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/who-is-america-racist-comments-kingman-arizona-town-mosque-islamaphobic-a8464251.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1532615294
mothra
Duck

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Jul 2018, 15:44

Baiting them? Lol :bgrin

One of the rednecks said "we're lucky to have black people in this town".

Meaning, there aren't many of them there.

Cohen said "Yes, you are lucky - they are lovely people. It's good to have them in your town" (something along those lines).

But the redneck kept insisting that he didn't mean that at all.

He said they didn't like black people, but they tolerated them.

That room was full of very nasty, ignorant, uneducated bigots.

It reminded me of OzPol.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jul 2018, 15:51

greggerypeccary wrote:Baiting them? Lol :bgrin

Cohen said "Yes, you are lucky - they are lovely people. It's good to have them in your town" (something along those lines).

It reminded me of OzPol.

I suspect a few ozpolians might live there
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jul 2018, 15:52

It reminded me of OzPol.

Are you saying I don't like black people? :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jul 2018, 16:02

Nobody is saying that. We mean bigots like Valky and Gordon etc.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 27 Jul 2018, 16:06

johnsmith wrote:

It reminded me of OzPol.

It feeds into what we're talking about on the thread about Nazi skulls. People get highly defensive when they are presented close up with their own failings. Like these people in this town are blaming Cohen for the exposure of their own bigotry, folks on OzPol (as evidenced by the claim i start threads to provoke people so i can attack them) are so desperate to avoid introspection that they can look no further than to blame whosoever has incited them to reveal their darker natures.

Greg, it's the same beast as those made furious by vego/vegans. They know they can do better but it's not worth their while trying, or they don't want to sacrifice to do it so they heap criticism on what suggests they could, heaven forfend should.
mothra
Duck

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jul 2018, 16:25

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

It reminded me of OzPol.

It feeds into what we're talking about on the thread about Nazi skulls. People get highly defensive when they are presented close up with their own failings. Like these people in this town are blaming Cohen for the exposure of their own bigotry, folks on OzPol (as evidenced by the claim i start threads to provoke people so i can attack them) are so desperate to avoid introspection that they can look no further than to blame whosoever has incited them to reveal their darker natures.

Greg, it's the same beast as those made furious by vego/vegans. They know they can do better but it's not worth their while trying, or they don't want to sacrifice to do it so they heap criticism on what suggests they could, heaven forfend should.

Lol, no one wants to do mothras form of abstract obeisance to the out of control feminist unknown for some reason :Hi

<Cry Cry :PC >
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 28 Jul 2018, 04:49

Bongalong wrote:Lol, no one wants to do mothras form of abstract obeisance to the out of control feminist unknown for some reason :Hi

<Cry Cry :PC >

Not about me, John or feminists, this one, Bong.

This is all about how foulness just oozes out at the lightest scratch.

And then, they blame the itch.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Jul 2018, 07:43

this reminds me ,not the same scale though
ohh when booby was dribbling how aussie left hints of who he was , it was his fault that they did search's on him , released details...... hehe still giggling love sasha.... :bgrin
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Jul 2018, 07:58

Like Booby said that mothra and me made him troll us. No concept of personal responsibility.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 28 Jul 2018, 08:47

Always someone else's fault.

Man, i talked that thinking out of my kids real young.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Jul 2018, 08:55

mothra wrote:Always someone else's fault.

yeah my oldest used to blame everyone else
I drummed into him real men accept blame when they do wrong.
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 28 Jul 2018, 09:02

DonDeeHippy wrote:

yeah my oldest used to blame everyone else
I drummed into him real men accept blame when they do wrong.

First thing to ask when Mr. Cock-up comes to visit .... how am i looking.

Not only is this introspection, it's self-preservation.

Thinking. Not widely practised these days.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Jul 2018, 09:41

I read a biography about Gandhi and probably the most profane thing I got from it was Gandhi was quit willing to admit he was wrong... it really annoyed his opponents because pride is usually the governing factor..
I go out of my way to admit it , if I'm wrong... the funny thing is when I do most ppl don't know how to react and just stop. I don't know if they think I'm weak or just to hard for them to acknowledge ? :thumb
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 28 Jul 2018, 09:50

DonDeeHippy wrote:I read a biography about Gandhi and probably the most profane thing I got from it was Gandhi was quit willing to admit he was wrong... it really annoyed his opponents because pride is usually the governing factor..
I go out of my way to admit it , if I'm wrong... the funny thing is when I do most ppl don't know how to react and just stop. I don't know if they think I'm weak or just to hard for them to acknowledge ? :thumb

My mistakes have taught me more than my successes.

One of the many great things about getting older is that you can observe that, if you're humble enough to.

I feel really sorry for people who resist that. It shows in them.
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 28 Jul 2018, 09:55

unlike you two, I never make mistakes

:c :c :c
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Jul 2018, 10:19

:tweed
johnsmith wrote:unlike you two, I never make mistakes

DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 28 Jul 2018, 13:28

DonDeeHippy wrote::tweed
johnsmith wrote:unlike you two, I never make mistakes

you doubting thomas. :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jul 2018, 14:26

Hence you being a feminist that blames all things on men :beer :Hi :Hi :Hi :Hi :bike :bike :zzzz
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 29 Jul 2018, 15:37

I most certainly do not. Although you blame everything on feminists. That strike you as reasonable?
mothra
Duck

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jul 2018, 17:38

mothra wrote:I most certainly do not. Although you blame everything on feminists. That strike you as reasonable?

You're a real smart arse aren't ya babe!

What a joke that you and your ilk help send little girls on their quest for life via skimpy outfits late at night in red light districts to prove the idiotic as just that: idiotic!

:bike :bike

Lucky most learn you are full of it before it's too late :zzzz
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Politics