Lions eat poachers

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Lions eat poachers

Postby mothra » 06 Jul 2018, 09:52

At least two rhinoceros poachers eaten by lions on South African game reserve

At least two rhino poachers have been eaten by lions on a South African game reserve, the owner of the lodge said.

A ranger taking guests at the Sibuya Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape on a safari drive on Tuesday afternoon discovered human remains close to a pride of lions.

"We suspect two were killed, possibly three," Sibuya owner Nick Fox said.

An axe and three pairs of shoes and gloves were found later when police and an anti-poaching unit arrived.

The lions had been heard making a commotion in the early hours of Monday.

"We thought they must have been rhino poachers but the axe confirmed it," Mr Fox said.

South Africa is home to more than 80 per cent of the world's rhinos, whose population has been depleted by poaching for buyers in Vietnam and China where rhino horn is coveted as an ingredient in traditional medicine.

More than 1,000 rhinos were killed in South Africa last year.

Earlier this year lions killed and ate a poacher, leaving only his head and some remains.

Last year lions were found poisoned near a farm in the province with their heads and paws cut off.

Body parts of lions are also used in traditional medicine.
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Re: Lions eat poachers

Postby mothra » 06 Jul 2018, 09:55

“It Was A Tragedy” Lions Who Killed Poachers Say They Forgot To Take Selfie For Social Media

The pride of lions who attacked and killed a group of rhino poachers in a South African game park say they have made a grave and regrettable error by not capturing the image for socials.

“That would’ve been 10,000 likes minimum,” Greg, one of the lions told journalists this morning.

“Just imagine. Me sitting there smiling next to a human head I’d hacked off. People love that shit. I would’ve looked so cool”.

He said he forgot to take a snap because he got caught up in the excitement. “It kinda made the whole thing a waste of time. You spend all night tracking and hunting these guys, then you finally kill them and you’ve got nothing to show for it. Now people won’t know how big and scary I am”.

He said he was getting the human heads stuffed to put on the wall of his den.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/07/06/ ... cache=true
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Jul 2018, 09:58

I read about the lions eating the poachers! Loved it!

Rhino horn used in traditional Chinese mumbo jumbo.

The horn is keratin, hair. It slightly reduces a fever, not nearly as well as aspirin, and for that whole species of rhino are being wiped out!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 06 Jul 2018, 10:15

Karmas a bitch ain't it! :read
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Jul 2018, 10:27

Couldn’t get any bitchier!

The tranquilised the lions to recover body parts! Urgle yurgle!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 06 Jul 2018, 10:48

problem is that the actual poachers r probably just guys trying to get by, feed family etc.. Its the bastards that create the demand, id like to see in a loin cage. :thumb
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 06 Jul 2018, 12:20

I saw a comment today that Scott Pruitt resigned and 3 poachers got eaten... Today is a good day :) :bgrin
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 06 Jul 2018, 12:32

DonDeeHippy wrote:I saw a comment today that Scott Pruitt resigned and 3 poachers got eaten... Today is a good day :) :bgrin

:c :c
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 06 Jul 2018, 13:58

mothra
Duck

Postby MilesAway » 06 Jul 2018, 14:01

mothra wrote:Image

If we had big brains we could stop the poachers!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jul 2018, 00:58

DonDeeHippy wrote:I saw a comment today that Scott Pruitt resigned and 3 poachers got eaten... Today is a good day :) :bgrin

Yes..it is. Plenty too many useless humans in the world.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jul 2018, 01:00

DonDeeHippy wrote:problem is that the actual poachers r probably just guys trying to get by, feed family etc.. Its the bastards that create the demand, id like to see in a loin cage. :thumb

Hmm a loin cage cage huh? Nah can't say I'd want to see that... but... dead ENTREPRENEURS ? yeah .. that's something to aim for.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jul 2018, 02:09

….meaning..the brokers that pay the poachers.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jul 2018, 13:27

pinkeye wrote:

Yes..it is. Plenty too many useless humans in the world.

..and you count yourself as useful do you?

May I ask why?
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 08 Jul 2018, 02:25

? No .. you may not.

I know, and the people that matter to me know, as do many many unknowns.... life changing.

poachers ? family men? well that is something else altogether, and if the poachers are bush people, FAMILY MEN they'll NOT be spending their VERY ILL-GOTTEN gains on piss and pleasure. But ? it's a short-term thing... they'll kill everything valuable to someone somewhere, OFF.. till they're ALL GONE.

Then? if they still live, they'll traffic human beings. A much more lucrative crop. Or die, in their stead.

This is not a vast happy world. Why? because ...?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 08 Jul 2018, 13:42

pinkeye-the-pious-one :zzzz :zzzz
Free what?
Bongalong
Pitbull terrier

Return to Politics