The Trump mural and the detained children

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The Trump mural and the detained children

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2018, 20:37

Auggie wrote:They were initially influenced by China, and then later the West, you are correct. But, you're talking off point here. We're not talking about influences by other countries on a host culture; we're talking about the movement of people from a foreign culture to a host culture, which is quite different.


No, I'm not off point. That is the point entirely.

Societies change, with or without migration. Claiming you are stopping migration so as to preserve society as you know it is not only ludicrous, it's pure fantasy. Stopping migration won't stop us evolving as a society.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5419
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Trump mural and the detained children

Postby Auggie » 05 Jul 2018, 20:55

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:They were initially influenced by China, and then later the West, you are correct. But, you're talking off point here. We're not talking about influences by other countries on a host culture; we're talking about the movement of people from a foreign culture to a host culture, which is quite different.


No, I'm not off point. That is the point entirely.

Societies change, with or without migration. Claiming you are stopping migration so as to preserve society as you know it is not only ludicrous, it's pure fantasy. Stopping migration won't stop us evolving as a society.


Let me ask you this question: if immigration led to a regression of Australian society, but created a more 'multicultural' society, would you support it?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: The Trump mural and the detained children

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2018, 21:36

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:They were initially influenced by China, and then later the West, you are correct. But, you're talking off point here. We're not talking about influences by other countries on a host culture; we're talking about the movement of people from a foreign culture to a host culture, which is quite different.


No, I'm not off point. That is the point entirely.

Societies change, with or without migration. Claiming you are stopping migration so as to preserve society as you know it is not only ludicrous, it's pure fantasy. Stopping migration won't stop us evolving as a society.


Let me ask you this question: if immigration led to a regression of Australian society, but created a more 'multicultural' society, would you support it?



given you are trying to predict the future, I'd say that question is invalid. How can you say with any certainty what immigration today will do to society in another decade, and a decade after that, and after that again? and so on, and so on.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5419
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal


Re: The Trump mural and the detained children

Postby mothra » 10 Jul 2018, 17:44

Image
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Trump mural and the detained children

Postby Auggie » 14 Jul 2018, 11:12

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:They were initially influenced by China, and then later the West, you are correct. But, you're talking off point here. We're not talking about influences by other countries on a host culture; we're talking about the movement of people from a foreign culture to a host culture, which is quite different.


No, I'm not off point. That is the point entirely.

Societies change, with or without migration. Claiming you are stopping migration so as to preserve society as you know it is not only ludicrous, it's pure fantasy. Stopping migration won't stop us evolving as a society.


Let me ask you this question: if immigration led to a regression of Australian society, but created a more 'multicultural' society, would you support it?



given you are trying to predict the future, I'd say that question is invalid. How can you say with any certainty what immigration today will do to society in another decade, and a decade after that, and after that again? and so on, and so on.


The question is a hypothetical: what if it did. Would you renounce your ideology on your death bed?? Or would you continue to claim that it was beneficial despite these other setbacks??

I'll give you my answer: yes, I would renounce my ideology; I would admit that I was wrong.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: The Trump mural and the detained children

Postby johnsmith » 14 Jul 2018, 14:23

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:They were initially influenced by China, and then later the West, you are correct. But, you're talking off point here. We're not talking about influences by other countries on a host culture; we're talking about the movement of people from a foreign culture to a host culture, which is quite different.


No, I'm not off point. That is the point entirely.

Societies change, with or without migration. Claiming you are stopping migration so as to preserve society as you know it is not only ludicrous, it's pure fantasy. Stopping migration won't stop us evolving as a society.


Let me ask you this question: if immigration led to a regression of Australian society, but created a more 'multicultural' society, would you support it?



given you are trying to predict the future, I'd say that question is invalid. How can you say with any certainty what immigration today will do to society in another decade, and a decade after that, and after that again? and so on, and so on.


The question is a hypothetical: what if it did. Would you renounce your ideology on your death bed?? Or would you continue to claim that it was beneficial despite these other setbacks??

I'll give you my answer: yes, I would renounce my ideology; I would admit that I was wrong.


what if? you saying we should treat these people like shit because of a 'what if'? get real

Do you know how many 'what if' scenarios I can make against you if I wanted to? should we lock you up because of them?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5419
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest