The latest shame from Nauru

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby mothra » 23 Oct 2018, 20:01

Auggie wrote:Did you not say to Aussie I’m an earlier post that you would like to see Australia take on 50k refugees from the current intake?

Then as I have with Set on OzPol, I will interpret your unwillingness to respond and failure to prosecute arguments to the fullest extent as you’re wanting to hide something, or that you don’t want to talk about it, much like the video about Israel which you refused to comment on.

When you don’t answer questions, and simply resort to ad hominem insults, then you’re only seeking to drive people like me away further to right.

Your self righteous and moral hautyness does notthimg but alienate people and make you feel better.

You never show restraint and never admit when you’re wrong.


And as with all of the many other assumptions you've drawn about me, you are:

User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5363
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby Squire » 24 Oct 2018, 15:29

If Auggie was pushed further to the right even the Hubble orbiting telescope wouldn't find Auggie.
User avatar
Squire
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 643
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 11:35
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby hatty » 24 Oct 2018, 15:39

Squire wrote:If Auggie was pushed further to the right even the Hubble orbiting telescope wouldn't find Auggie.


:bgrin :bgrin
User avatar
hatty
Feral cat
 
Posts: 249
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 12:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby fisherman » 27 Oct 2018, 03:41

Africans often go to other countries to give birth there. That's called Superior Welfare Exploiting. :thumb
fisherman
 

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 06:35

‘People are learning there’s terrible stuff going on in Nauru and it’s our fault’ – Australian politics live podcast

Katharine Murphy talks to the Australian Medical Association’s paediatric representative, Dr Paul Bauert, who has treated children on Nauru. Bauert says the situation on Nauru has escalated over last few months. He’s been asked to review 14 cases and says the worst are children around the ages of 10. He doesn’t understand how politicians can let this go on as the situation becomes more desperate


https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/audio/2018/oct/18/people-are-learning-theres-terrible-stuff-going-on-in-nauru-and-its-our-fault-australian-politics-live-podcast
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49713
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2018, 06:42

News Breakfast (ABC TV) Verified account @BreakfastNews Following Following @BreakfastNews More

.@LaTrioli: "Are you actually saying some children should stay on #Nauru?"

@AusHumanRights Children's Commissioner, Megan Mitchell: "There has to be a case-by-case basis here. There may be some children who are not having deleterious impacts on their health by being there."


https://twitter.com/BreakfastNews/status/1055597852942991361

Well, Megan needs to get the Order of the Boot on the first day of the Shorten Labor govt!

Some others feel the same way:
Deborah @Prufrockery 17h17 hours ago More
Replying to @BreakfastNews @LaTrioli @AusHumanRights
Megan Mitchell from the now completely toothless #HRC shilling for the government. What an absolute utter disgrace. #KidsOffNauru


Dr Sally @slsandpet 15h15 hours ago More

Ahhh I wondered who this merit less individual was.
Do you think they sleep at night?


Deborah @Prufrockery 15h15 hours ago More

If children being persecuted on Nauru doesn’t worry @MeganM4Kids I’m sure nothing much does. She’s being amply remunerated by the #LNP to ensure the #HRC no longer stands up for vulnerable kids. How I miss Professor Triggs..a woman of courage and integrity. #KidsOffNauru


They are so proud of what they are doing on Nauru they hide it as much as they can, nobble the Human Rights Commission etc. Cunts.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49713
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby johnsmith » 27 Oct 2018, 19:49

HBS Guy wrote:
They are so proud of what they are doing on Nauru they hide it as much as they can,


why is it the govt will allow film cameras anywhere, from secret military installations to maximum security prisons .... and yet they won't allow a camera onto Manus or Nauru? What exactly are they hiding?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby mothra » 29 Oct 2018, 16:10

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
They are so proud of what they are doing on Nauru they hide it as much as they can,


why is it the govt will allow film cameras anywhere, from secret military installations to maximum security prisons .... and yet they won't allow a camera onto Manus or Nauru? What exactly are they hiding?


That's the million dollar question.

Something, obviously.

See the mad monk come out today and say Nauru is a lovely tropical paradise?
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5363
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby mothra » 29 Oct 2018, 16:10

Image
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5363
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby johnsmith » 29 Oct 2018, 19:40

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
They are so proud of what they are doing on Nauru they hide it as much as they can,


why is it the govt will allow film cameras anywhere, from secret military installations to maximum security prisons .... and yet they won't allow a camera onto Manus or Nauru? What exactly are they hiding?


That's the million dollar question.

Something, obviously.

See the mad monk come out today and say Nauru is a lovely tropical paradise?



Like Sarah Hanson-Young old him, he should swap with them if it was so good.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Oct 2018, 15:48

Well well well, isn’t wonderful what a fucking horrible Newspoll (See Poll Tracking thread) will do:

Hundreds of asylum seeker children quietly brought to Australia for medical treatment will never be returned to Nauru, according to senior government sources.

Five years after Kevin Rudd pledged that “no asylum seeker who comes by boat will ever be resettled in Australia”, the Coalition’s preferred option is to simply bring the children to Australia with no clear path to citizenship.

Despite the tough rhetoric of the Coalition, senior cabinet ministers confirmed to The New Daily that 200 children and their parents would remain in Australia indefinitely, unless they could be resettled with family in the United States.

“We can’t forcibly remove them,” a Coalition source said.


https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/10/29/children-nauru/

No, forcible repats of kids to a hellhole will see the Libs testing a primary vote of 26%.

Come on Shorten, call for ALL refugees to be brought to Australia NOW and see Labor primary shoot to 48%!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49713
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby Auggie » 02 Nov 2018, 17:31

mothra wrote:
Auggie wrote:Did you not say to Aussie I’m an earlier post that you would like to see Australia take on 50k refugees from the current intake?

Then as I have with Set on OzPol, I will interpret your unwillingness to respond and failure to prosecute arguments to the fullest extent as you’re wanting to hide something, or that you don’t want to talk about it, much like the video about Israel which you refused to comment on.

When you don’t answer questions, and simply resort to ad hominem insults, then you’re only seeking to drive people like me away further to right.

Your self righteous and moral hautyness does notthimg but alienate people and make you feel better.

You never show restraint and never admit when you’re wrong.


And as with all of the many other assumptions you've drawn about me, you are:



Earlier in this thread did you not say:

“I idealise 50k though”?

You also supported Andrew Wilkie’s regional processing centres.

So where was I wrong about your views?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby Auggie » 03 Nov 2018, 00:09

Squire wrote:If Auggie was pushed further to the right even the Hubble orbiting telescope wouldn't find Auggie.


What do you call a tinted conservative?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby johnsmith » 03 Nov 2018, 09:23

Auggie wrote:
Squire wrote:If Auggie was pushed further to the right even the Hubble orbiting telescope wouldn't find Auggie.


What do you call a tinted conservative?


'boss'?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby Auggie » 03 Nov 2018, 13:29

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Squire wrote:If Auggie was pushed further to the right even the Hubble orbiting telescope wouldn't find Auggie.


What do you call a tinted conservative?


'boss'?


Or maybe a Gungadin?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Nov 2018, 15:22

He’s a better man than I am!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 49713
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HBS Guy, pinkeye and 1 guest