The latest shame from Nauru

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby Auggie » 22 Oct 2018, 17:53

All right, folks, I'm going on a hunger strike for 3 weeks and I demand $10,000 from each member of Polanimal. If I don't get it, I could potentially die, and if I die, IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Oct 2018, 18:18

Goodoh.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 22 Oct 2018, 19:45

Auggie wrote:All right, folks, I'm going on a hunger strike for 3 weeks and I demand $10,000 from each member of Polanimal. If I don't get it, I could potentially die, and if I die, IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT.

let me know how it goes
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 22 Oct 2018, 22:09

Auggie wrote:All right, folks, I'm going on a hunger strike for 3 weeks and I demand $10,000 from each member of Polanimal. If I don't get it, I could potentially die, and if I die, IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT.

Sometimes you really are a complete dickhead.
mothra
Duck

Postby Auggie » 23 Oct 2018, 08:19

So we stop offshore detention. The people smugglers get wind of it and then start sending children by the thousands. Australia then processes these asylum seekers in onshore facilities. We accept 50,000 of these asylum seekers per year whilst another 50k are in on shore processing facilities. Meanwhile, thousands more children are sent by boat to claim asylum.

The question that no one has been able to answer is how do we control the number of asylum seekers arriving by maritime means to Australia? If 200k asylum seekers came to Australia by maritime means, then according to some here, we would have to accept all of them and process them in Australian facilities? How much is this going to cost? Billions of dollars to house and process all of these asylum seekers.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby hatty » 23 Oct 2018, 08:28

wonderful Jacinda wants to help many of the refugees who have been unlawfully imprisoned on Nauru by excepting them in New Zealand.

Australia says "fuck off!..... we are making a good point with our cruelty!"

:WTF :WTF :WTF
hatty
Feral cat

Postby mothra » 23 Oct 2018, 10:31

Auggie wrote:
The question that no one has been able to answer is how do we control the number of asylum seekers arriving by maritime means to Australia? If 200k asylum seekers came to Australia by maritime means, then according to some here, we would have to accept all of them and process them in Australian facilities? How much is this going to cost? Billions of dollars to house and process all of these asylum seekers.

Has been answered many times. Unfortunately, you are resistant to information unless it is presented to you in a myriad of combinations; repeatedly and patiently.

I keep telling you you need to work on that.
mothra
Duck

Postby dissilymordentroge » 23 Oct 2018, 10:39

Aussie wrote:If we want out lawfully, the pissweak politicians need to stand up and repudiate our signature on that Convention.

Have you any idea the of the implications for Australians caught with thier pants down in other countries ?
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 23 Oct 2018, 10:41

Auggie wrote:The people smugglers get wind of it and then start sending children by the thousands.

what a load of poppy cock.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Oct 2018, 12:03

Auggie wrote:So we stop offshore detention. The people smugglers get wind of it and then start sending children by the thousands. Australia then processes these asylum seekers in onshore facilities. We accept 50,000 of these asylum seekers per year whilst another 50k are in on shore processing facilities. Meanwhile, thousands more children are sent by boat to claim asylum.

Boat turnbacks. Think you will find ASs now fly in on temporary work visas.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Auggie » 23 Oct 2018, 13:13

mothra wrote:
Auggie wrote:

Has been answered many times. Unfortunately, you are resistant to information unless it is presented to you in a myriad of combinations; repeatedly and patiently.

Wrong.

What you had answered is how to stop people smugglers. You replied that if the Australian government pays to transport asylum seekers then this will stop the people smugglers and provide a humane manner of treatment.

What you haven’t answered or addressed is how to REDUCE the number of people claiming asylum. Paying for the transportation costs of asylum seekers doesn’t deter people from seeking asylum nor does it curb numbers.

If I recall correctly, you also stated that you believe Australia can take up 50k asylum seekers per year. Once again, this doesn’t address to curb numbers either below that or above that.

You haven’t addressed this specific issue. No one has and this evident by John’s comment ‘what a load of poppy cock!’
Last edited by Auggie on 23 Oct 2018, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 23 Oct 2018, 13:14

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:The people smugglers get wind of it and then start sending children by the thousands.

Then clearly you are being naive.

Look at Europe and the effort by humanitarian organisations to transport asylum seekers from North Africa to Europe.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 23 Oct 2018, 13:16

hatty wrote:wonderful Jacinda wants to help many of the refugees who have been unlawfully imprisoned on Nauru by excepting them in New Zealand.

New Zealand is too far away for anyone to risk the journey by maritime means. New Zealand’s location poses no such issue.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby mothra » 23 Oct 2018, 13:43

Auggie wrote:
mothra wrote:
Auggie wrote:

Wrong.

What you had answered is how to stop people smugglers. You replied that if the Australian government pays to transport asylum seekers then this will stop the people smugglers and provide a humane manner of treatment.

What you haven’t answered or addressed is how to REDUCE the number of people claiming asylum. Paying for the transportation costs of asylum seekers doesn’t deter people from seeking asylum nor does it curb numbers.

If I recall correctly, you also stated that you believe Australia can take up 50k asylum seekers per year. Once again, this doesn’t address to curb numbers either below that or above that.

You haven’t addressed this specific issue. No one has and this evident by John’s comment ‘what a load of poppy cock!’

I never said any of that.

This is partly why i tend not to bother with you. You just invent thoughts, ideas and attributes to us all.

That is not my solution. I'm not encouraged by your latest crap to walk you through it again, however.
mothra
Duck

Postby hatty » 23 Oct 2018, 13:55

Auggie wrote:
hatty wrote:wonderful Jacinda wants to help many of the refugees who have been unlawfully imprisoned on Nauru by excepting them in New Zealand.

New Zealand is too far away for anyone to risk the journey by maritime means. New Zealand’s location poses no such issue.

Auggie you have missed my point....

For now all i care about is the men women and children who are being unlawfully detained on Nauru.

New Zealand has offered them a place...... where they wont be raped, murdered, catch diseases or driven to suicide.

The Australian Government would seemingly however, rather save face and use your tax dollars to house them in squaller.
hatty
Feral cat

Postby johnsmith » 23 Oct 2018, 14:59

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Look at Europe and the effort by humanitarian organisations to transport asylum seekers from North Africa to Europe.

it is you who is being Naive! Don't believe all the hype that all the ME wants to move to the West

You don't want refugees, then don't bomb their fucken homes.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby hatty » 23 Oct 2018, 15:03

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

it is you who is being Naive! Don't believe all the hype that all the ME wants to move to the West

1,000 x this!! :oops
hatty
Feral cat

Postby Auggie » 23 Oct 2018, 17:11

mothra wrote:
Auggie wrote:
mothra wrote:
Auggie wrote:

Wrong.

I never said any of that.

This is partly why i tend not to bother with you. You just invent thoughts, ideas and attributes to us all.

That is not my solution. I'm not encouraged by your latest crap to walk you through it again, however.

Did you not say to Aussie I’m an earlier post that you would like to see Australia take on 50k refugees from the current intake?

Then as I have with Set on OzPol, I will interpret your unwillingness to respond and failure to prosecute arguments to the fullest extent as you’re wanting to hide something, or that you don’t want to talk about it, much like the video about Israel which you refused to comment on.

When you don’t answer questions, and simply resort to ad hominem insults, then you’re only seeking to drive people like me away further to right.

Your self righteous and moral hautyness does notthimg but alienate people and make you feel better.

You never show restraint and never admit when you’re wrong.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Auggie » 23 Oct 2018, 17:12

johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

We don’t bomb their homes. America does. Just because they gave us by the nuts doesn’t mean we’re responsible.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Aussie » 23 Oct 2018, 17:30

Auggie, we have four operational planes over there, dropping bombs.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby dissilymordentroge » 23 Oct 2018, 17:45

Aussie wrote:Auggie, we have four operational planes over there, dropping bombs.

Can we just look to the future and ask ourselves what we may be, or may not be able to do when global warming floods low lying countries such as Bangladesh and millions head for Australian in boats.
OK, I’ve asked that here before but nobody appears to want to face the reality.
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 23 Oct 2018, 17:49

dissilymordentroge wrote:
Aussie wrote:Auggie, we have four operational planes over there, dropping bombs.

Can we just look to the future and ask ourselves what we may be, or may not be able to do when global warming floods low lying countries such as Bangladesh and millions head for Australian in boats.
OK, I’ve asked that here before but nobody appears to want to face the reality.

Why would those Bangladeshi people come here? India is right next door.
:huh
Aussie

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Oct 2018, 17:59

Heard of Partition in 1949?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 23 Oct 2018, 18:58

HBS Guy wrote:Heard of Partition in 1949?

Nah, other than that TIB's entire Family was embroiled in it. Those Bangladeshis would be quite welcome in India.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 23 Oct 2018, 19:36

Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Auggie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

We don’t bomb their homes. America does. Just because they gave us by the nuts doesn’t mean we’re responsible.

that's a bullshit cop out. Everything America does we support. Our troops are usually right there with them (dropping bombs), our intel services provide whatever they can, our govt supports them.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics