The latest shame from Nauru

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The latest shame from Nauru

Postby Sprintcyclist » 09 Oct 2018, 00:57

mothra wrote:Should be rioting in the streets.

if the left don't get what they want, there often is.
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 08:33

Sprintcyclist wrote:
mothra wrote:Should be rioting in the streets.

if the left don't get what they want, there often is.

remind again of the 'ditch the witch' rallies?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Oct 2018, 09:55

when the right protest , i'm sure its called a war...... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 10:06

DonDeeHippy wrote:when the right protest , i'm sure its called a war...... :purple

no, then they call it 'democracy'

:roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 09 Oct 2018, 10:50

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:when the right protest , i'm sure its called a war...... :purple

no, then they call it 'democracy'

:roll

Freedom of speech, specifically.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 09 Oct 2018, 10:54

Nauru arrests suicidal refugee - report

Refugee advocates say police in Nauru have arrested a 36-year-old Iranian refugee for attempting suicide.

The Refugee Action Coaltion said the refugee swallowed washing powder at the Anibare camp on Monday afternoon.

The Coalition's Ian Rintoul said although the man was in obvious distress, police arrested him rather than calling an ambulance.

It follows a government edict made last week that any refugee who threatens or attempts suicide be arrested.

Mr Rintoul said it was not known if the police sought medical assistance for the refugee.

https://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/368220/nauru-arrests-suicidal-refugee-report
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 11 Oct 2018, 14:03

And just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse:

mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 11 Oct 2018, 14:07

when will they charge the members of this government with neglect?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Auggie » 11 Oct 2018, 20:40

The AFP should've arrested that psychopath Dutton! Not try to figure out where the leak come from!
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Sprintcyclist » 12 Oct 2018, 00:38

mothra wrote:And just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse:

' ............ And just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse ................. '

........... someone posts a comment from someone who has a facebook account on the net onto a chatsite and thinks this is of worth.

You'ld think that person would know better.
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 12 Oct 2018, 07:00

Sprintcyclist wrote:' ............ And just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse ................. '

........... someone posts a comment from someone who has a facebook account on the net onto a chatsite and thinks this is of worth.

You'ld think that person would know better.

so sticking your head in the sand is still your preferred option then?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 21 Oct 2018, 20:33

mothra
Duck

Postby Auggie » 21 Oct 2018, 20:38

mothra wrote:Image

Not even a five-year girl who is an Australian citizen is entitled to that kind of quality healthcare in Australia.

Why does a five-year old non-citizen deserve to get it and not an Australian citizen?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby mothra » 21 Oct 2018, 20:40

:WTF
mothra
Duck

Postby Auggie » 21 Oct 2018, 20:46

mothra wrote::WTF

WTF what?

People in Australia have to wait to get basic operations done, often months at a time; and a kidney transplant - good luck finding a donor.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby dissilymordentroge » 21 Oct 2018, 21:33

pinkeye wrote:sigh

Seems the only thing we can actually do, is VOTE THEM OUT, at the next election.

They MUST go. What Australian government agencies, contractors, etc, have been doing in our (MY) name is ............. fuck...........so appalling, in so many ways....I'm lost for words (almost)

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK...........

And what makes you think Labour is going to be any more humanitarian?
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby dissilymordentroge » 21 Oct 2018, 21:34

mothra wrote:And just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse:

If you knew Naruans as I do you’d not be in the least surprised.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby Auggie » 21 Oct 2018, 21:37

The fact that both Labor and Liberal support this policy must mean that they know something we don't. It seems to me that the Australian Navy does not have the capacity to prevent a swarm of maritime arrivals from coming to Australia. Having offshore detention apparently acts as the most effective deterrent against unexpected maritime arrivals.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Aussie » 21 Oct 2018, 21:42

Auggie wrote:The fact that both Labor and Liberal support this policy must mean that they know something we don't. It seems to me that the Australian Navy does not have the capacity to prevent a swarm of maritime arrivals from coming to Australia. Having offshore detention apparently acts as the most effective deterrent against unexpected maritime arrivals.

Not only do they not have lawful authority to intercept vessels on the high seas, they have no lawful right to transport people to shit holes.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Auggie » 21 Oct 2018, 22:17

Aussie wrote:
Auggie wrote:The fact that both Labor and Liberal support this policy must mean that they know something we don't. It seems to me that the Australian Navy does not have the capacity to prevent a swarm of maritime arrivals from coming to Australia. Having offshore detention apparently acts as the most effective deterrent against unexpected maritime arrivals.

Not only do they not have lawful authority to intercept vessels on the high seas, they have no lawful right to transport people to shit holes.

Correct, which means that in the event that 5 or 10 thousand maritime arrivals were to happen, there would be no way that the RAN could intercept all of these vessels, and not without having some unfortunate accidents of having children dying at sea.

It seems to me that the intelligence services have a pretty good hold on this, and have strongly recommended the government to maintain off-shore processing.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Aussie » 21 Oct 2018, 22:29

Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Correct, which means that in the event that 5 or 10 thousand maritime arrivals were to happen, there would be no way that the RAN could intercept all of these vessels, and not without having some unfortunate accidents of having children dying at sea.

It seems to me that the intelligence services have a pretty good hold on this, and have strongly recommended the government to maintain off-shore processing.

Not the point, Caesar. We are a signatory to a UN Convention, and while we are, we cop the influx and the dead (including kids) are "collateral damage." Australia did not invite parents to risk the lives of themselves or their kids. As far as I am concerned, the smugglers can hire a Dream Liner and fly whatever here. Let's see if the Air Force shoots that down.

How about that as an idea? The refugees get to Indonesia......hire a plane and fly in. No way will the RAAF shoot that thing out of the sky.

If we want out lawfully, the pissweak politicians need to stand up and repudiate our signature on that Convention.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby dissilymordentroge » 21 Oct 2018, 22:38

Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

When global warming begins to flood low lying countries such as Bangladesh the trickle of boats will turn into a flood of millions. How are they going to stop that? Nuke the entire Indian Ocean, South China Sea and Pacific Ocean?
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 21 Oct 2018, 23:10

Auggie wrote:People in Australia have to wait to get basic operations done, often months at a time; and a kidney transplant - good luck finding a donor.

people in Australia don't wait when their life is on the line
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Sprintcyclist » 21 Oct 2018, 23:22

Auggie wrote:
mothra wrote:Image

Not even a five-year girl who is an Australian citizen is entitled to that kind of quality healthcare in Australia.

Why does a five-year old non-citizen deserve to get it and not an Australian citizen?

fake news
Sprintcyclist
Irish wolfhound

Postby Auggie » 22 Oct 2018, 17:52

Aussie wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:If we want out lawfully, the pissweak politicians need to stand up and repudiate our signature on that Convention.

Agreed.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

PreviousNext

Return to Politics