RIGHT to DIE

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

RIGHT to DIE

Postby pinkeye » 11 May 2018, 02:38

So I guess most of us have seen the saga of Professor Goodall.
At 104 yrs of age, he has taken himself off to Switzerland to access the ability to end his own life.

104 yrs old, and he must travel to Europe to seek the right to decide the time of his own death.

IN SO MANY AREAS AUSTRALIA LAGS behind, on many areas of personal freedoms. AND ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR. :sad
Professor Goodall hoped to cause more discussion in Australia, about this issue.

I do hope he has succeeded. He is no longer with us, and I say good on you Professor Goodall.

YOU SEE, this anathema our society in Australia holds for Euthanasia is based on religious belief. Nothing else. The Roman Catholic Church has a huge sway, still, over Australian society. THEY want the goods of the apostate. They think it should be theirs. Well, that's the way it used to be.

I really have thought about this. Self-preservation is so strong in living beings, it MUST BE ACCEPTED when one of us says enough. Enough pain and suffering.

Seems religious people, and that also includes our state and federal governments, believe people have no rights, when it comes to death. That must be a serious prejudice, enacted in law.

Seems once upon a time, here in Australia, suicide's corpses were dragged through the streets behind horse-drawn carriages, so the populace could spit on them, AND, the CHURCH took all their worldly goods. As a penance, I suppose. What a scam religion is.

SO I think Australia needs to grow up. To acknowledge reality, and not the colonial dream.

The Church ( of any persuasion) is less and less relevant in this world today. It is very clear why this is so.

I think the sooner all these priests etc, moved off into the wilderness to live ín sanctity and seclusion, and leave the rest of us sinners alone' the better.

Cardinal Pell can go straight to jail.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: RIGHT to DIE

Postby HBS Guy » 11 May 2018, 08:20

Unfortunately, the church is MORE relevant today. Try and get an abortion in Indiana, US even if the fetus is the result of rape.

So less and less people believe but the church works more and more through the state.

Here the Libs have more Catholic MPs than at any time in its history and the Treasurer is a happy clapper.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 13 May 2018, 00:32

HBS Guy wrote:Unfortunately, the church is MORE relevant today. Try and get an abortion in Indiana, US even if the fetus is the result of rape.

So less and less people believe but the church works more and more through the state.

Here the Libs have more Catholic MPs than at any time in its history and the Treasurer is a happy clapper.

That is NO surprise. A more backward mob you'd have a hard job finding.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 13 May 2018, 13:03

HBS Guy wrote:Unfortunately, the church is MORE relevant today. Try and get an abortion in Indiana, US even if the fetus is the result of rape.

Ya know that Nietzsche thought democracy pushed Christian values.... I'm not sure if he thought that was democracys only purpose but he definitely did say it!

Oh, and he didn't like either! He didn't like anything :roll Wait: Apparently he loved his drugs!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Return to Politics