Australia takes from the poor to give to the rich

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Australia takes from the poor to give to the rich

Postby johnsmith » 13 Apr 2018, 16:41

Dax wrote:Nothing will or can change, until the current political party system is removed and something better suited to this century put in place and that can only be online referendum style government by the people.

on that we can agree

https://www.onlinedirectdemocracy.org/

https://voteflux.org/

the difference between the two is flux allows you to trade your vote in something you aren't interested in with someone else for their vote in something they aren't interested. ODD doesn't allow any trade whatsoever.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 13 Apr 2018, 22:50

Dax wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Looks like a tricky mutt :bgrin

Not only tricky, but stupid as well, like an absent professor.

Yeah. :bgrin :bgrin it definitely has that dopey look in it's eyes.

My big beautiful dog on the other hand, is so fucking smart.. damn I'll have to download some pics from my phone and post them..

No my girl is definitely very much present. Unless she's asleep.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 14 Apr 2018, 11:08

[quote="johnsmith"

the difference between the two is flux allows you to trade your vote in something you aren't interested in with someone else for their vote in something they aren't interested. ODD doesn't allow any trade whatsoever.[/quote]

Trading your vote is no different to trading preferences and will get teh same results, Neither of those sites have a decent approach to online voting, it needs to be set up properly so we get rid of all politicians, government boards and senior PS management.

After reading through both doctrine, it still leaves the door open for corporate and vested interest intervention. They have no platform to kick start a new system, nor and methodology to implement it. There is nothing to indicate how this would work and the idea of swapping votes from flux, is ridiculous.

An online system has to over all bases and be completely hack proof, you can't do that using proprietary systems and not being able to isolate they governance system from outsiders. Why do you think so many of government departments and enterprises are being hacked and manipulated, they are using windows and apple, so are wide open to anyone who want to hack into them

No logic in that approach, why would anyone vote for a system that has no policy starting point and a methodology people can understand that actually puts them in control. Like everything else, we are way past being able to change anything in our political system, the majority are so trapped in delusionary denialist ideology, anyone putting forward anything different, they instantly jump on.

The sociological, economic and environmental pyramid system clones have allowed to take over world society is unsustainable and the base is collapsing. Once it does, those on top will come crashing down, taking society with it.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 14 Apr 2018, 12:28

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
the difference between the two is flux allows you to trade your vote in something you aren't interested in with someone else for their vote in something they aren't interested. ODD doesn't allow any trade whatsoever.

Trading your vote is no different to trading preferences and will get teh same results, Neither of those sites have a decent approach to online voting, it needs to be set up properly so we get rid of all politicians, government boards and senior PS management.

After reading through both doctrine, it still leaves the door open for corporate and vested interest intervention. They have no platform to kick start a new system, nor and methodology to implement it. There is nothing to indicate how this would work and the idea of swapping votes from flux, is ridiculous.

An online system has to over all bases and be completely hack proof, you can't do that using proprietary systems and not being able to isolate they governance system from outsiders. Why do you think so many of government departments and enterprises are being hacked and manipulated, they are using windows and apple, so are wide open to anyone who want to hack into them

No logic in that approach, why would anyone vote for a system that has no policy starting point and a methodology people can understand that actually puts them in control. Like everything else, we are way past being able to change anything in our political system, the majority are so trapped in delusionary denialist ideology, anyone putting forward anything different, they instantly jump on.

The sociological, economic and environmental pyramid system clones have allowed to take over world society is unsustainable and the base is collapsing. Once it does, those on top will come crashing down, taking society with it.

both those systems are the start of the process, not the end goal. It will take time to develop a workable fully functioning system. In the meantime you can bet the other parties will do everything in their power to prevent it.

Look at italy and the 5 star part. It's another version of an online democratic party. They have a fairly good system with lots of good ideas I'd like to see implemented here, and after only about ten years has about 30% of the primary vote. Yet despite that they are hamstrung because for the first time in about 70 years, all the other parties, including the extreme left and extreme right parties, are voting together to stop 5 star implementing some of it's more controversial policies (controversial for lifelong politicians at least). Some of their policies include a limit to number of years a politician can serve in govt thereby removing lifetime politicians looking to feather their nests, restricting politicians wages, making illegal a member of parliament to become a lobbyist for a minimum period of 5 years after leaving office. Their representatives must vote according to the wishes of their members, irrespective of their personal views on an issue. Is the 5 star model perfect? not by a long shot. It has issues it needs to resolve, but it's a huge step in the right direction.

As for hack proof, is that even possible? Even the CIA and NSA get hacked on occasion.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Apr 2018, 12:44

I doubt the servers use MacOS or Windows.

More to do with crap implementation, not using two–factor identification (just a password is hopeless) and so on—I am no expert on all this but have read a bit and that is what my reading suggested.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 14 Apr 2018, 13:34

johnsmith wrote:
As for hack proof, is that even possible? Even the CIA and NSA get hacked on occasion.

I'll answer this as it's finally a reasonable response. Just about every government and their departments in the western world use windows and apple, so they have no privacy. Even with my pathetic computing abilities, could hack into government departments easily and the same with any computer using windows or apple, they are so open.

My intrusion system provides me with everything that's going on in a windows box if I want to and accessing it is very simple. I use it to control what other sites can do and to maintain anonymity, which is essential if you want to stay ahead of the pack. Don't need anti virus or anti logging/tracking tools. Even if they were able to access my computer, they can't get past the router, in linux systems the front end is totally separate to the back end. With windows and apple, they are the same thing, so extremely vulnerable and as they both use last century code, cumbersome and slow

With those links you provided, my system found there are 15 trackers, 12 key loggers and numerous data miners. Both are linked to corporate and political sites, which means they are being watched and all data that goes on there is siphoned off. So to get in without being noticed, went through their back door and they didn't even notice.

Have run my company on linux for over a decade, have never had a break down or intrusion and it covers 14 venues round the country, plus we deal with some pretty big companies and organisations. Front of house staff don't have clue, nor does anyone else.

For a safe and secure online political system, you'd make one which would be totally intrusion proof and provide every voter with a copy. Then they could dual boot and wouldn't be hackable. The governance system would be separate and secured by face, finger and password protection. If you're gonna change the system, you need to do it properly and both those sites have no approach whatsoever to online governance. They just want everyone to think they have control, but when the voting happens, who knows what those in control will do, without the peoples full oversight.

"I doubt the servers use MacOS or Windows."

To the best of my knowledge, government servers are all windows, that's why they get hacked all the time. Have a son inlaw who works for a state government CGG department and says all government departments state or federal he deals with, use windows for everything, including servers. They have very long provider and service contracts with microsoft and lots departments are still running xp, the cost to upgrade licensing runs into hundreds of millions.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 14 Apr 2018, 15:00

Dax wrote:I'll answer this as it's finally a reasonable response.

your problem is that you're an idiot who sees anything other than blathering agreement with what you say as 'ideology' .... all you are doing is shoving your head up your arse and fingers in your ears like a toddler.

I'm not now, nor will I ever be, your sycophant. If you don't want to get called upon your stupidity, don't say stupid things. The truth is your opinion isn't any more valid than anyone else's. And if I was going to use your comments to date as a guide, I'd go even further and say that most opinions on here make more sense than yours.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 14 Apr 2018, 22:06

:bgrin :jump
:thumb JS.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 14 Apr 2018, 22:55

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

I'll answer this as it's finally a reasonable response. Just about every government and their departments in the western world use windows and apple, so they have no privacy. Even with my pathetic computing abilities, could hack into government departments easily and the same with any computer using windows or apple, they are so open.

My intrusion system provides me with everything that's going on in a windows box if I want to and accessing it is very simple. I use it to control what other sites can do and to maintain anonymity, which is essential if you want to stay ahead of the pack. Don't need anti virus or anti logging/tracking tools. Even if they were able to access my computer, they can't get past the router, in linux systems the front end is totally separate to the back end. With windows and apple, they are the same thing, so extremely vulnerable and as they both use last century code, cumbersome and slow

With those links you provided, my system found there are 15 trackers, 12 key loggers and numerous data miners. Both are linked to corporate and political sites, which means they are being watched and all data that goes on there is siphoned off. So to get in without being noticed, went through their back door and they didn't even notice.

Have run my company on linux for over a decade, have never had a break down or intrusion and it covers 14 venues round the country, plus we deal with some pretty big companies and organisations. Front of house staff don't have clue, nor does anyone else.

For a safe and secure online political system, you'd make one which would be totally intrusion proof and provide every voter with a copy. Then they could dual boot and wouldn't be hackable. The governance system would be separate and secured by face, finger and password protection. If you're gonna change the system, you need to do it properly and both those sites have no approach whatsoever to online governance. They just want everyone to think they have control, but when the voting happens, who knows what those in control will do, without the peoples full oversight.

"I doubt the servers use MacOS or Windows."

To the best of my knowledge, government servers are all windows, that's why they get hacked all the time. Have a son inlaw who works for a state government CGG department and says all government departments state or federal he deals with, use windows for everything, including servers. They have very long provider and service contracts with microsoft and lots departments are still running xp, the cost to upgrade licensing runs into hundreds of millions.

I'll bet you the government doesn't use the NBN. :bgrin :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby BigOl64 » 15 Apr 2018, 13:39

mothra wrote:Australia takes from the poor to give to the rich

Last year, as the government prepared another round of welfare crackdowns, Minister Michaelia Cash said she expects “that those who can work should work and our welfare system should be there as a genuine safety net, not as something that people can choose to fund their lifestyle.”

The subtext was clear – those who need help are a drain on the rest of us.

Since they actually contribute absolutely fuck all to society, they get what they are given. If they want any more than the absolute minimum they can do what we do, make ourselves employable and get on the job mill and fucken earn our money.

Adults look after themselves, children and given hand outs, it is your choice what you want to be.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Apr 2018, 13:42

That isn’t what we are talking about.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 15 Apr 2018, 13:45

HBS Guy wrote:That isn’t what we are talking about.

It is a reply to the OP, so.......
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 15 Apr 2018, 14:12

BigOl64 wrote:Adults look after themselves, children and given hand outs, it is your choice what you want to be.

so adani is a child ?

:gup :gup
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby BigOl64 » 15 Apr 2018, 14:25

johnsmith wrote:
BigOl64 wrote:Adults look after themselves, children and given hand outs, it is your choice what you want to be.

so adani is a child ?

Since our labor government deliberately torpedoed what amounts to a loan with interest, they have to pay royalties, water licences and everything else with absolutely no government assistance you are posting is as per normal , drivel.

They will contribute massively to regional QLD, providing investment, jobs and infrastructure, which is a lot more than the cunt from brisbane will ever do, I don't see your point.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby MilesAway » 15 Apr 2018, 16:49

BigOl64 wrote:
mothra wrote:Australia takes from the poor to give to the rich

Last year, as the government prepared another round of welfare crackdowns, Minister Michaelia Cash said she expects “that those who can work should work and our welfare system should be there as a genuine safety net, not as something that people can choose to fund their lifestyle.”

The subtext was clear – those who need help are a drain on the rest of us.

Since they actually contribute absolutely fuck all to society, they get what they are given. If they want any more than the absolute minimum they can do what we do, make ourselves employable and get on the job mill and fucken earn our money.

Adults look after themselves, children and given hand outs, it is your choice what you want to be.

Same ol' crap from the killing brigade!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 15 Apr 2018, 17:26

BigOl64 wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

so adani is a child ?

Since our labor government deliberately torpedoed what amounts to a loan with interest, they have to pay royalties, water licences and everything else with absolutely no government assistance you are posting is as per normal , drivel.

They will contribute massively to regional QLD, providing investment, jobs and infrastructure, which is a lot more than the cunt from brisbane will ever do, I don't see your point.

blah blah blah ..... when you wanted the govt to give adani $1B were adani also acting like child? yes or no?
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby BigOl64 » 18 Apr 2018, 10:11

johnsmith wrote:
BigOl64 wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

so adani is a child ?

blah blah blah ..... when you wanted the govt to give adani $1B were adani also acting like child? yes or no?

Not a gift fuckhead, maybe learn your common language before posting further, champ.;

It is not of that cunt's business what happens outside of her precious south east corner, if she wants to govern for on small part of the state fine, fuck off and leave the rest of us to look after ourselves, but don't be a total cunt and destroy jobs just to prove how cunty she is.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 18 Apr 2018, 10:28

BigOl64 wrote:
Not a gift fuckhead,

of course it was a gift .... you didn't really believe you were going to get it back did you? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

why would they? what security had they offered? :oops
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 18 Apr 2018, 10:29

BigOl64 wrote:It is not of that cunt's business what happens outside of her precious south east corner,

great .... just don't expect that same cunt to approve funding for that northern shithole. :oops
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby BigOl64 » 18 Apr 2018, 10:37

johnsmith wrote:
BigOl64 wrote:It is not of that cunt's business what happens outside of her precious south east corner,

great .... just don't expect that same cunt to approve funding for that northern shithole. :oops

Luck you deleted absolutely everything that gave that statement context, otherwise you would look like a total fuckwit writing horseshit like that. :h

You're not even a Queenslander so this has absolutely nothing to do with you.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 18 Apr 2018, 12:29

BigOl64 wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Luck you deleted absolutely everything that gave that statement context, otherwise you would look like a total fuckwit writing horseshit like that. :h

You're not even a Queenslander so this has absolutely nothing to do with you.

i deleted nothing you dopey bastard. I did however address the main point of your argument without copying the whole rambling speil.

Your comment is still there in all it's stupidity.Context and all. Perhaps if you weren't in such a hurry to defend adani at all costs, you'd see that. I'm not holding my breath waiting.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 19 Apr 2018, 01:42

you know..? what?>

what really gets me is people who should be all for the working class, like Big Ol..? hmm? do everything they can to promote big business.

yeah wellllllllllll it's thatt trickleeee downn efect..

BULLSHIT.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Auggie » 21 Apr 2018, 12:48

Totally agree with this article; if the rich can get tax concessions then the poor should be able to as well. Either the same rules apply to everyone or they apply to no one.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby johnsmith » 21 Apr 2018, 15:58

CaesarAugustus wrote:Totally agree with this article; if the rich can get tax concessions then the poor should be able to as well. Either the same rules apply to everyone or they apply to no one.

that not how neo liberalism works.

It's one rule for the rich, another for everyone else
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Auggie » 21 Apr 2018, 18:17

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:Totally agree with this article; if the rich can get tax concessions then the poor should be able to as well. Either the same rules apply to everyone or they apply to no one.

that not how neo liberalism works.

It's one rule for the rich, another for everyone else

That’s cronyism not liberalism.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

PreviousNext

Return to Politics