Private Health Insurance

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Private Health Insurance

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2018, 00:30

So... another fine mess we find ourselves in ...courtesy of Mr John Howard.

Remember??
That Liberal Legend?? Remember? I'm almost glad I'm so fucking poor I get a Pensioner Concession Card. You poor suckers... forced to purchase so-called health 'insurance' from his mates in the big end of town, by fucking Law.. or be penalised through higher Medicare Levy and lifetime loadings . What a fucking furphy. What a fucking scam. No wonder people are leaving private health insurance in droves. !!

Fucking joke :think :S :S
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: Private Health Insurance

Postby johnsmith » 29 Mar 2018, 08:34

once labor has done away with the dividend tax changes, i hope they move into this area.

Remove the taxpayer funded health rebates and stop punishing people who don't use private health in the form of higher taxes. It's a scam designed to force me onto something I neither want or need.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Mar 2018, 17:36

Yup, remove the rebates, let those who want private health pay the cost of it.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 29 Mar 2018, 17:43

Removing the rebate, would have a very positive effect on the health system. It would force private hospitals to provide public health services, otherwise they would go broke. The money saved would be used for creating a better health system based on preventive medicine and we would save more money, to put to better community uses.
Dax
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2018, 22:11

johnsmith wrote:once labor has done away with the dividend tax changes, i hope they move into this area.

Remove the taxpayer funded health rebates and stop punishing people who don't use private health in the form of higher taxes. It's a scam designed to force me onto something I neither want or need.

We will see. We've got 20 years of mainly bad policy by Libs to undo. Setting back the nation by an incalculable amount in both human and money terms...
I haven't even listened once to Question Time... not for ages. It is just disgusting.

I could paint a more graphic picture in words, but I will spare you all. :S
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Return to Politics