Auspollies

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Auspollies

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2018, 20:27

Has anyone actually been listening to the MP s lately. Morrison, Bishop, Dutton et al.?

Seems they've all been taking lessons in Trump speech.

What I mean is, they make statements of such abysmal content, and expect us to believe it is truth. :WTF It seems the fashion now for the Liberals is to assert , not inform. I'm SICK TO DEATH of these arseholes.

It really IS SICKENING.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: Auspollies

Postby johnsmith » 28 Mar 2018, 21:31

it's less about policy these days, and more about personally attacking opponents and hyperbole.

they're all guilty of it
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2018, 00:45

johnsmith wrote:it's less about policy these days, and more about personally attacking opponents and hyperbole.

they're all guilty of it

I wonder... this cricket fiasco. What were they thinking.? :jump :jump

Well this Trumpism is spreading. :purple :yellow :purple

They actually seem to believe they could get away with it.! :oops :huh :WTF

After all... look what the government has been getting away with.!

Not a good look Australia, either on the sporting field, OR on the political integrity front.

WTF.? :WTF

Seems we're suckers.. the Australian public. We'll believe anything if its what we want to hear, whatever the consequences. :mad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 09 Apr 2018, 02:32

just watching the Insiders on ABC24. Josh Frydenberg.!!!

Minister for the Environment, talking about coal-powered power stations, specifically Liddell. I mean this guy is so full of :S

I am so sick of these hacks having ANY SAY whatsoever... this Minister is not particularly worse than the others. :grn :grn
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 09 Apr 2018, 02:34

Then they voiced-over Dutton.
:grn It only gets worse.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 09 Apr 2018, 02:42

OH NO. HOWARD
I heard him rabbiting on and turned off, the other night.

WHY MUST?? they keep resurrecting this awful skeleton in Australian political history.!! The man is so ............. self-satisfied, and such a betrayer of the Australian people. I really wish NO media spoke to this man. He still HAS WAY TOO MUCH influence in Australian public life, whether it be his awful lingering policies, or his resurrection on his political opinions. I honestly have to say, this man I never want to hear his voice ever again.
I consider him the most destructive PM to the Australian Way of Life, since Federation.

sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 09 Apr 2018, 13:58

pinkeye wrote:Has anyone actually been listening to the MP s lately. Morrison, Bishop, Dutton et al.?

What I mean is, they make statements of such abysmal content, and expect us to believe it is truth. :WTF It seems the fashion now for the Liberals is to assert , not inform. I'm SICK TO DEATH of these arseholes.

It really IS SICKENING.

Copper internet is cheating: they got caught red handed by the whole world giving their nations kids a bum steer after a mining boom!

China just shakes their heads at how corrupt We are :OMG
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 09 Apr 2018, 22:41

MilesAway wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Has anyone actually been listening to the MP s lately. Morrison, Bishop, Dutton et al.?

It really IS SICKENING.

Copper internet is cheating: they got caught red handed by the whole world giving their nations kids a bum steer after a mining boom!

CHINA has CORRUPTION down pat. The government RUNS the corruption. In all walks of life, in all provinces and penal settlements, like TIBET.
Corruption is how China operates... convoluted, dense and fearsome.

The NBN? ... Australia will become more and more a third rate country, with Malcolm's NBN as our nemesis.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 09 Apr 2018, 22:44

Huh.. the NBN dropped out while I was typing my last post. Its happened so often, I now know what to do.
Arrow back to your unposted effort, and wait to get the green light again. Oops better post this quick. :mad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 07 May 2018, 22:34

that doesn't always work

SO... we have a budget coming up. I've had Q&A on, but find the whole thing a waste of time.

Can anyone show me ONE LNP politician, that has said ANYTHING that can been taken as anything but BS spin on their policies. They seem not to have any understanding of reality. This suggestion that $50 a week extra for Newstart is a BAD IDEA? :WTF
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 07 May 2018, 22:56

pinkeye wrote:that doesn't always work

SO... we have a budget coming up. I've had Q&A on, but find the whole thing a waste of time.

Can anyone show me ONE LNP politician, that has said ANYTHING that can been taken as anything but BS spin on their policies. They seem not to have any understanding of reality. This suggestion that $50 a week extra for Newstart is a BAD IDEA? :WTF

Yeah i've got Q&A on at the moment and saw that.

The (twice repeated) lie that to raise benefits, money would need to be taken from someONE else ... typical scare tactic hinging on the public perception on unworthiness of welfare recipients.

When of course, if they all stopped photocopying their arses, we could raise benefits and house the homeless.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 07 May 2018, 23:02

mothra wrote:

The (twice repeated) lie that to raise benefits, money would need to be taken from someONE else ... typical scare tactic hinging on the public perception on unworthiness of welfare recipients.

When of course, if they all stopped photocopying their arses, we could raise benefits and house the homeless.

EXACTLY.!!

This shitfight of lies the LNP is laying on us to buy their lies is just laughable, IF YOU LIVE THERE.

IF you live in the safe cosy world of comfortable, you probably haven't got a clue. So will believe what suits them. I just want some facts. YOU KNOW.?

This political BS is seriously ON THE NOSE.!

Give someone else a chance..? Might as well. The GREENS.. !! COULD NEVER be worse than the LNP COALITION.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 07 May 2018, 23:27

I don't have enough yearly income to pay income tax. You want to be there.?
Nope? Not surprised.

BUT, I still have to pay tax, known as the GST. Once upon a time before Howard, Pensioners who didn't get enough income, paid NO TAX. Same with Newstart allowance. Never up to the level of paying income tax, but still must pay GST.

NOW, we pay tax on most financial transactions, in the form of GST. SO, arguments AGAINST raising the Newstart allowance , where basically every dollar goes on LIVING EXPENSES.. not holidays, no dinners out, no movies .... but still paying tax, are attempts to lay blame on the most vulnerable in our society. Nope.. they'd rather give tax cuts . SO you SEE? None of this helps the poorer people. NONE OF IT.

HEY LNP COALITION!!!
STOP DEMONISING UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE.

THERE are more unemployed, than jobs, BUT you still feel empowered, as a GOVERNMENT. !!! FFS, to continue beating them down, thinking you are playing to your ELECTORATE.!!! Well maybe you are.. lots of greed in Australia, lots of apathy to the plight of others.. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 08 May 2018, 00:04

mothra wrote:

didn't tim whateverhisnameis look upset when the girl sitting next to him laughed at his comment about creating jobs in LaTrobe, near the end there. :giggle :giggle
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 08 May 2018, 00:10

wasn't watching...

but... MOST of what the sitting nobs say, is laughable. And THAT"? is very sad indeed.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 08 May 2018, 00:13

johnsmith wrote:
mothra wrote:

didn't tim whateverhisnameis look upset when the girl sitting next to him laughed at his comment about creating jobs in LaTrobe, near the end there. :giggle :giggle

He was a bit fragile i thought, all in all. Dangerous, when you're as stupid as him and you stick your head over the bunker.
mothra
Duck

Postby MilesAway » 08 May 2018, 02:54

pinkeye wrote:
MilesAway wrote:

It really IS SICKENING.

CHINA has CORRUPTION down pat. The government RUNS the corruption. In all walks of life, in all provinces and penal settlements, like TIBET.
Corruption is how China operates... convoluted, dense and fearsome.

The NBN? ... Australia will become more and more a third rate country, with Malcolm's NBN as our nemesis.

Um, we gave our kids inferior technology after a once in a century mining boom so China could buy our resources cheaply. We don't act in our own interests: China does!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 08 May 2018, 04:34

China acts in the Party's interest.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 08 May 2018, 05:20

pinkeye wrote:China acts in the Party's interest.

Meaning: their own country, not someone else's!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 08 May 2018, 07:09

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:

EXACTLY.!!

This shitfight of lies the LNP is laying on us to buy their lies is just laughable, IF YOU LIVE THERE.

IF you live in the safe cosy world of comfortable, you probably haven't got a clue. So will believe what suits them. I just want some facts. YOU KNOW.?

This political BS is seriously ON THE NOSE.!

Give someone else a chance..? Might as well. The GREENS.. !! COULD NEVER be worse than the LNP COALITION.!

The Greens are a neocon Party every bit as rightwing as the Nats and Libs. Their former ideals get lip service at best.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 08 May 2018, 08:00

MilesAway wrote:

Chinese govt own their businesses, Businesses own the Australian govt
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby MilesAway » 08 May 2018, 14:22

DonDeeHippy wrote:
MilesAway wrote:

Chinese govt own their businesses, Businesses own the Australian govt

A complete inversion of what a country is: your best comment ever !
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 08 May 2018, 17:16

Ummmm, you hide in a bunker, you “stick your head over the parapet” as you shelter behind said parapet. You shelter IN a bunker.

No biggie, but a broken metaphor like that is like nails on a blackboard to me. You don’t say “it is the squeaky wheel gathers no moss” do you?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 08 May 2018, 17:46

HBS Guy wrote:Ummmm, you hide in a bunker, you “stick your head over the parapet” as you shelter behind said parapet. You shelter IN a bunker.

No biggie, but a broken metaphor like that is like nails on a blackboard to me. You don’t say “it is the squeaky wheel gathers no moss” do you?

What was the squeaky metaphor?
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 08 May 2018, 18:30

Stick your head over the bunker. You could stick your head OUT the bunker I guess, through an entrance or a gun slit etc.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Politics