Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Auggie » 06 Apr 2018, 18:03

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus"
[quote="mothra wrote:
I'm not interested in indulging you in your near obsession with Islam. I have merely observed that Gandalf understands it significantly better than you or i, for he actually is one. Like every day and stuff.


I'm not obsessed with Islam. And what makes you think that he understands Islam better than I do or even you??? Can you provide specific evidence??

If you read loads about slavery, does that make you an expert on African Americans?

Gandalf is a Muslim. That's what loads of Muslims come across like. Thoughtful, humane, generous, loving, ethical, moral human beings.

You, like the other Islamophobes, keep overlooking them and telling them you know more about Islam than them and stuff.

It's really dumb. Buggered if i reckon you've thought it all the way through.


First, I'm not an Islamophobe.

Second, let me ask you this: if something is morally wrong, do I need to be of that race, religion, or belief to say that something is wrong? For e.g. if a homeless person kills someone, is it legitimate for me to criticise him/her? What if someone says to me: "you're not homeless, therefore you can't criticise him. When you're homeless then you tell me that murder is wrong?"

The logic is the same with this case. You're asserting that just because someone is Muslim, that means that they know more about their religion than someone who is not Muslim. I'm not saying that I know more about it than he does; I'm saying that I disagree with the fundamental premise that it is a religion of peace. But, most Muslims are peaceful, humane, generous, ethical human beings. I don't see a contradiction between the two. Christ taught to sell your possessions and live as he did, but the majority of Christians don't do that. I believe that they are also not practising what their faith teaches.

I don't understand why you're not able to separate doctrine with practice?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Dax » 06 Apr 2018, 18:03

johnsmith wrote:what would you say is unique about australian culture?


Our approach to life, our irreverence for authority, institutions and religion. Our up front have a go attitude which started with the introduction of convicts, then the mixing of races, with the majority non religious. It developed in the gold fields, the rural, outback and streets of growing towns and cities.

You can see it in our athletes, we are a very small population, but we punch well above our weight in just abut everything we do. That's because of the culture, which makes cultural and ideological controls irrelevant in the search for doing what ever we take on, well.

Australian culture is not a European, American, African or Asian type cultures, riddled with ideological controls. it's unique, provides relative freedoms, yet we are one of the only countries that doesn't have a "bill of rights", They are within our culture, enhanced by where we live and the conditions we live under.

AFL, comes from the original indigenous game called "Marngrook" and there is accepted evidence of that, but there will always be contention as to its origins. The only things in common with Gaelic football, is bouncing, hand balling, marking and kicking, you find those in many ball games.
User avatar
Dax
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Auggie » 06 Apr 2018, 18:04

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:Forgive me. I was merely taking you at your word.

Powerful things, words.


I don't know what that means.




CaesarAugustus wrote:I don't dismiss them.


CaesarAugustus wrote:Christianity is not a feminist religion and I would dismiss so-called ‘Christian feminists’ too


So, what's your point?

When you converse with me, you need to know that I don't understand euphemisms or subtle meanings. Please be direct and clear.



You claimed you didn't dismiss them directly after saying that you dismiss them.

I merely cited you.


No, I said that I woudn't 'believe' them if they told me something. That's not dismissing them. Disagreeing with someone is not dismissing them.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 06 Apr 2018, 20:16

CaesarAugustus wrote:
The logic is the same with this case. You're asserting that just because someone is Muslim, that means that they know more about their religion than someone who is not Muslim. I'm not saying that I know more about it than he does; I'm saying that I disagree with the fundamental premise that it is a religion of peace. But, most Muslims are peaceful, humane, generous, ethical human beings. I don't see a contradiction between the two. Christ taught to sell your possessions and live as he did, but the majority of Christians don't do that. I believe that they are also not practising what their faith teaches.

I don't understand why you're not able to separate doctrine with practice?



No Augie. I said they know more about being a Muslim.

But i suspect you're not particularly interested in that.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5526
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Auggie » 06 Apr 2018, 20:36

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
The logic is the same with this case. You're asserting that just because someone is Muslim, that means that they know more about their religion than someone who is not Muslim. I'm not saying that I know more about it than he does; I'm saying that I disagree with the fundamental premise that it is a religion of peace. But, most Muslims are peaceful, humane, generous, ethical human beings. I don't see a contradiction between the two. Christ taught to sell your possessions and live as he did, but the majority of Christians don't do that. I believe that they are also not practising what their faith teaches.

I don't understand why you're not able to separate doctrine with practice?



No Augie. I said they know more about being a Muslim.

But i suspect you're not particularly interested in that.


Maybe he does. Doesn't mean that he is right.

Why can't you separate doctrine from practice?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 06 Apr 2018, 22:00

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Maybe he does. Doesn't mean that he is right.

Why can't you separate doctrine from practice?



Augie, i learnt a long time ago that no ideology is all good or all bad. Stand up against human rights abuses, certainly, but don't undervalue all that is good because of the bad.

Ideologies are ideally open to interpretation. Saying someone who interprets that which you criticise for the betterment of themselves cannot be wrong.

And i'd very much like to listen to them. Unfortunately, they are drowned out by people telling them they're supposed to beat their wives.

As i said, i don't know where you lot are headed with this. It's highly illogical.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5526
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby pinkeye » 07 Apr 2018, 01:36

CaesarAugustus wrote:You might see Australia as simply a ‘geographic reality’ but to me it’s more than. Islam is a religion, which is a set of ideas and beliefs, just as Australia is a nation/state with a set of values and culture. I don’t see the difference you call spurious.



Nah sorry you lose. You honestly don''t see a difference between a Country/Continent and a Religion.??? Man you're one fucked up dude.

FUCK ME I NEVER KNEW I LIVED ON A RELIGION. !! :rofl :rofl :stop :OMG :rofl[/quote]

So, Australia is just a geographical entity. No culture, no institutions. Just lines drawn on a piece of paper.

Man, you’re one fucked up dude.

FUCK ME I NEVER KNEW I WAS PART OF A SOCIETY!!![/quote][/quote]

Make up your mind.[/quote]

I think it had been pretty clear from the get go that I was talking about Australia as being a more than a geographical entity.[/quote]

OH I thought you compared Australia to Islam. YES you DID. NOW I ask you, in all reasonableness, how you think this is a valid comparison? :roll

Oh and by the way, please refrain from using that Yank term 'from the getgo'... It just shits me when I hear Australians saying it. What .. you think it makes you ???? a hipster!!? :roll beats me.

No you need to get a grip. Australia is a NATION, made up of many peoples, with MANY faiths, .. a truly HUGE Country, with demands all it's own and an ancient lore that predates anything else you can mention. I'll never agree that your contention that Australia is like Islam has any validity whatsoever.

:up :up
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby pinkeye » 07 Apr 2018, 01:44

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:The vast majority of those born overseas, have adopted Aus culture and got rid of their own

i disagree

There is nothing unique about aussie culture persee.

What I call Aussie culture is a blend of other cultures all rolled into one.


See a lot of uniqueness in Aus culture and when travelling overseas, so do others. Except for very primitive cultures, the majority are mash ups of other cultures. Europe is a prime example of cultural mixing of thousands of years, when you break them down you find that out. Have done a it of study in cultural anthropology and just about all cultures are mixtures of other cultures.

Look at the god cult cultures, each faction claims they have a separate culture but when you look into them, they all derive much of their cultural insanity, from previous cultures. The Koran, was written by a christian and the cultural norms of islam all derive from Christianity and judaism.

Unlike everywhere else, Aus, had a non ideological culture, which revolved around the reality of nature and not deluded illusions. Aus was also the first country to break the bonds of religion and our culture derives from that directional path. Except for a couple of socialist countries, Aus is the most religion free country on the planet. Even china has more religion that Aus and church goers in Aus, consist of mainly women, old ladies and empty places.


Yes,, and thanks for that. The Libs and nationals want to keep their supposed Christian values, which , is quite frankly, nothing but hypocricy. Hopefully it will continue to die out here. I don't ever want to live in a society in which religion, of any sort, dominates.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby pinkeye » 07 Apr 2018, 01:48

mothra wrote:
I'm not interested in indulging you in your near obsession with Islam. I have merely observed that Gandalf understands it significantly better than you or i, for he actually is one. Like every day and stuff.

CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:I don't need to be told that. I quite clear on the differences between physicality, culture, religion and politics thanks You seem hazy though.


Where do I seem hazy?


Well, you're rabbiting on about Islam on a thread about Peter Dutton ... but i'm not pointing fingers or anything.[/quote]

:clap :clap :clap yes you got that perfectly correct Mothra. :thumb :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 07 Apr 2018, 09:50

CaesarAugustus wrote:Yes, that's true, but the idea was fundamental to the founding of Australia. Other nations adopted a similar notion later on. Our country and culture was founded on this principal, which has endured.


the concept of a fair go was not new pre the founding of Australia although the terminology 'fair go' might be wholly Australian. Fair go means that everybody has an equitable opportunity, an reasonable chance, even handed treatment regardless of the position they are born into. None of these concepts are unique to Australia.

CaesarAugustus wrote:It is an institution, and institutions are, in my opinion, integral to the culture of a society.

Again, I disagree. A parliamentary democracy is understood to be one in which the people choose representatives at regular elections and on the idea that Parliament is supreme, or sovereign. There is nothing unique about our system of government. Many countries elect their representatives and many countries have the parliament as the supreme decision maker. Norway, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Netherlands, Sweden just to name a few.



It is absolutely unique. Most countries in the world don't use the common law system.


I didn't say most did. I said there was nothing uniquely Australian about it.

Today, one-third of the world's population lives in common law jurisdictions or in systems mixed with civil law, including[16] Antigua and Barbuda, Australia,[17][18] Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados,[19] Belize, Botswana, Burma, Cameroon, Canada (both the federal system and all its provinces except Quebec), Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Liberia, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom (including its overseas territories such as Gibraltar), the United States (both the federal system and 49 of its 50 states), and Zimbabwe. Some of these countries have variants on common law systems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law


CaesarAugustus wrote:You may believe that, but the fact is that our Head of State, as it currently stands is the Queen, and the Union Jack is on our national and State flags.


the question was about what uniquely represents Aussie culture.... for a large portion of the country, the queen and the union jack mean mean bugger all. I certainly don't think of either of those when I think of aussie culture, although I am as proud of our flag as the next person. I'm proud because it represent AUSTRALIA, regardless of what is on it. Change the Aussie flag tomorrow to a picture of a crocodile and as long as it represented Australia, I'd be just as proud.

CaesarAugustus wrote:It is still our national sport.

a large portion of our population would argue that league is.

CaesarAugustus wrote:It informs on Australian culture. Australia being a hot country affects how people behave, and what they wear. In Canada it snows everywhere; in Australia it does not.


be that as it may, it's not what I would call aussie culture. I'd be surprised if I asked 100 other people about aussie culture and any gave that answer. I've often asked the question often over the years and never has anyone ever previously offered 'the outback' as an answer to Aussie culture.

CaesarAugustus wrote:It doesn't matter that we don't relate to it. It matters that exists and that it's unique to Australia.


I think it matters greatly. Ask the likes of yadda, Sprint or Mechanic if they think of aboriginal culture when they think of aussie culture and you're likely to get told off.

CaesarAugustus wrote:No, but again, it forms an integral part of Australian culture, inherited from our British ancestors.


my original question what would you say is unique about australian culture?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6882
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 07 Apr 2018, 10:03

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:what would you say is unique about australian culture?


Our approach to life, our irreverence for authority, institutions and religion. Our up front have a go attitude which started with the introduction of convicts, then the mixing of races, with the majority non religious. It developed in the gold fields, the rural, outback and streets of growing towns and cities.

You can see it in our athletes, we are a very small population, but we punch well above our weight in just abut everything we do. That's because of the culture, which makes cultural and ideological controls irrelevant in the search for doing what ever we take on, well.

Australian culture is not a European, American, African or Asian type cultures, riddled with ideological controls. it's unique, provides relative freedoms, yet we are one of the only countries that doesn't have a "bill of rights", They are within our culture, enhanced by where we live and the conditions we live under.

AFL, comes from the original indigenous game called "Marngrook" and there is accepted evidence of that, but there will always be contention as to its origins. The only things in common with Gaelic football, is bouncing, hand balling, marking and kicking, you find those in many ball games.



I 'd agree with that.

I find it funny that you credit the mixing of the races as a uniquely australian culture, yet earlier you claimed you didn't think we were multicultural.

I think one of the biggest contributors to our uniquely australian culture is our level of multiculturalism, and the way we've blended the best of all those cultures into our own.


I also love about Australia the fact that last night I took the kids to see Soweto dancers, and after that they saw a rapper from the Congo. We ate Asian cuisine, and had Italian gelato. All on a beach. where else but Australia. :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6882
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Dax » 07 Apr 2018, 11:46

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote:what would you say is unique about australian culture?


Our approach to life, our irreverence for authority, institutions and religion. Our up front have a go attitude which started with the introduction of convicts, then the mixing of races, with the majority non religious. It developed in the gold fields, the rural, outback and streets of growing towns and cities.

You can see it in our athletes, we are a very small population, but we punch well above our weight in just abut everything we do. That's because of the culture, which makes cultural and ideological controls irrelevant in the search for doing what ever we take on, well.

Australian culture is not a European, American, African or Asian type cultures, riddled with ideological controls. it's unique, provides relative freedoms, yet we are one of the only countries that doesn't have a "bill of rights", They are within our culture, enhanced by where we live and the conditions we live under.

AFL, comes from the original indigenous game called "Marngrook" and there is accepted evidence of that, but there will always be contention as to its origins. The only things in common with Gaelic football, is bouncing, hand balling, marking and kicking, you find those in many ball games.



I 'd agree with that.

I find it funny that you credit the mixing of the races as a uniquely australian culture, yet earlier you claimed you didn't think we were multicultural.

I think one of the biggest contributors to our uniquely australian culture is our level of multiculturalism, and the way we've blended the best of all those cultures into our own.


I also love about Australia the fact that last night I took the kids to see Soweto dancers, and after that they saw a rapper from the Congo. We ate Asian cuisine, and had Italian gelato. All on a beach. where else but Australia. :thumb


The mixing of races is not uniquely Aussie, just the circumstances and condition. One of those being, we are the only country completely separated from other countries and cultures for tens of thousands of years. We continued to be that way after the god nutter genocidal invasion, until after WW2 and developed our own culture.

Mixing races, is very different to multiculturalism, most coming here dropped their culture and fitted into the Aus way of life, which again was unique. Today fools encourage immigrants to keep their culture and turn us into what we see in almost every country on the plane, cultural war.

From the background and experience I've come from have to disagree, that we have blended the best of other cultures into our own. If that were the case, we wouldn't be seeing a growth in cultural crimes and discontent, with the push of warped and dangerous cultures onto us.

Whilst there are good and bad in every culture, some cultures are extremely dangerous to this country and we are seeing them in crime, schools and particular interest groups. Bikies come to mind, once they consisted of Aussies, now they are overrun by muslim and pacific islanders, all from violent bent cultures.

The viewable facts worldwide are, multiculturalism leads to collapsing, warring societies and the evidence is all around us. One look at Europe is enough to convince logical thinking people to see where multiculturalism leads. Foods, entertainment from other cultures, are not signs of multiculturalism, food preparation and entertainment, have been interchanged and inter mingled for tens of thousand of years everywhere. It's how people live and interact outside business, that provides the evidence either way. Those in Aus clinging to their old way of life and belief are not becoming Australians, but are dangerous invaders of our once peaceful national culture, which they want to change to reflect their violent insanity.
User avatar
Dax
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 07 Apr 2018, 14:34

Dax wrote:Mixing races, is very different to multiculturalism, most coming here dropped their culture and fitted into the Aus way of life, which again was unique.


I asked earlier, what was unique about Australian culture? I don't think what migrants found when they came here was unique, what made it unique was the way the cultures all blended together after they came here. You are wrong when you claim that migrants dropped their cultures. You couldn't be further from the truth.

Dax wrote: If that were the case, we wouldn't be seeing a growth in cultural crimes and discontent, with the push of warped and dangerous cultures onto us.


but we're not seeing a growth in cultural crimes. Don't let a few newspaper headlines mislead you. Major crimes are in fact on the decrease, and have been on a downward trajectory for a while now despite an increase in immigrant numbers.

Dax wrote:Bikies come to mind, once they consisted of Aussies, now they are overrun by muslim and pacific islanders, all from violent bent cultures.


illegal bikie gangs were violent long before they became over run by muslims or pacific islanders. Its the criminal enterprise they get up to, not their race or religion, that makes them dangerous. Most of the bigger gangs we have such as the Gypsy Jokers, Bandidos, Commancheros and the Hells Angels are US based, nothing to do with muslims, although the membership in australia of some of them does contain a high number of muslims.

Dax wrote:The viewable facts worldwide are, multiculturalism leads to collapsing, warring societies and the evidence is all around us.

bullshit .... cite this evidence?

Dax wrote: One look at Europe is enough to convince logical thinking people to see where multiculturalism leads


Europe doesn't have a problem with multiculturalism, it has a problem with open borders. Don't confuse the two.

Dax wrote:Foods, entertainment from other cultures, are not signs of multiculturalism,

again, I don't agree. Discuss culture in Italy or France and food often is one of the first things mentioned. To you food might just be something you eat, to others it's a way of life and a big part of their culture.


Dax wrote:food preparation and entertainment, have been interchanged and inter mingled for tens of thousand of years everywhere

Whilst many of what are considered 'non multicultural countries' do have ethnic foods, sure, the establishments selling them are few and far between because it's not a part of their culture..
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6882
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Auggie » 07 Apr 2018, 17:24

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
Maybe he does. Doesn't mean that he is right.

Why can't you separate doctrine from practice?



Augie, i learnt a long time ago that no ideology is all good or all bad. Stand up against human rights abuses, certainly, but don't undervalue all that is good because of the bad.

Ideologies are ideally open to interpretation. Saying someone who interprets that which you criticise for the betterment of themselves cannot be wrong.

And i'd very much like to listen to them. Unfortunately, they are drowned out by people telling them they're supposed to beat their wives.

As i said, i don't know where you lot are headed with this. It's highly illogical.


Is Nazism a bad ideology?
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Auggie » 07 Apr 2018, 17:27

pinkeye wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:You might see Australia as simply a ‘geographic reality’ but to me it’s more than. Islam is a religion, which is a set of ideas and beliefs, just as Australia is a nation/state with a set of values and culture. I don’t see the difference you call spurious.



Nah sorry you lose. You honestly don''t see a difference between a Country/Continent and a Religion.??? Man you're one fucked up dude.

FUCK ME I NEVER KNEW I LIVED ON A RELIGION. !! :rofl :rofl :stop :OMG :rofl


So, Australia is just a geographical entity. No culture, no institutions. Just lines drawn on a piece of paper.

Man, you’re one fucked up dude.

FUCK ME I NEVER KNEW I WAS PART OF A SOCIETY!!![/quote][/quote]

Make up your mind.[/quote]

I think it had been pretty clear from the get go that I was talking about Australia as being a more than a geographical entity.[/quote]

OH I thought you compared Australia to Islam. YES you DID. NOW I ask you, in all reasonableness, how you think this is a valid comparison? :roll

Oh and by the way, please refrain from using that Yank term 'from the getgo'... It just shits me when I hear Australians saying it. What .. you think it makes you ???? a hipster!!? :roll beats me.

No you need to get a grip. Australia is a NATION, made up of many peoples, with MANY faiths, .. a truly HUGE Country, with demands all it's own and an ancient lore that predates anything else you can mention. I'll never agree that your contention that Australia is like Islam has any validity whatsoever.

:up :up[/quote]

Of course they’re different, I never said they were the same. I said that they can be scrutinised in the same level because they both encompass values and beliefs. You were the one who said that criticism of Islam is different to criticism of a country.

Why does religion get special status, particularly ones which are seen as oppressed??
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Dax » 07 Apr 2018, 18:21

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:Mixing races, is very different to multiculturalism, most coming here dropped their culture and fitted into the Aus way of life, which again was unique.


I asked earlier, what was unique about Australian culture? I don't think what migrants found when they came here was unique, what made it unique was the way the cultures all blended together after they came here. You are wrong when you claim that migrants dropped their cultures. You couldn't be further from the truth.

Dax wrote: If that were the case, we wouldn't be seeing a growth in cultural crimes and discontent, with the push of warped and dangerous cultures onto us.


but we're not seeing a growth in cultural crimes. Don't let a few newspaper headlines mislead you. Major crimes are in fact on the decrease, and have been on a downward trajectory for a while now despite an increase in immigrant numbers.

Dax wrote:Bikies come to mind, once they consisted of Aussies, now they are overrun by muslim and pacific islanders, all from violent bent cultures.


illegal bikie gangs were violent long before they became over run by muslims or pacific islanders. Its the criminal enterprise they get up to, not their race or religion, that makes them dangerous. Most of the bigger gangs we have such as the Gypsy Jokers, Bandidos, Commancheros and the Hells Angels are US based, nothing to do with muslims, although the membership in australia of some of them does contain a high number of muslims.

Dax wrote:The viewable facts worldwide are, multiculturalism leads to collapsing, warring societies and the evidence is all around us.

bullshit .... cite this evidence?

Dax wrote: One look at Europe is enough to convince logical thinking people to see where multiculturalism leads


Europe doesn't have a problem with multiculturalism, it has a problem with open borders. Don't confuse the two.

Dax wrote:Foods, entertainment from other cultures, are not signs of multiculturalism,

again, I don't agree. Discuss culture in Italy or France and food often is one of the first things mentioned. To you food might just be something you eat, to others it's a way of life and a big part of their culture.


Dax wrote:food preparation and entertainment, have been interchanged and inter mingled for tens of thousand of years everywhere


Whilst many of what are considered 'non multicultural countries' do have ethnic foods, sure, the establishments selling them are few and far between because it's not a part of their culture..


Everyones experience and knowledge of life is different, so naturally according to the variety and wealth of experience, determines your understanding of reality, not the delusions fed to the masses. From an ideological aspect, your reply is spot on, from a realist aspect, it may be the opposite of the reality.

My reference to food and entertainment, was in relation to how those things are initially spread and it's not through multiculturalism. They spread by travelers, word of mouth and are not related to the society changing cultural aspects this thread is about, mainly religion and it's associated ideology.

Thats' what it's all about, not food or entertainment, or even clothing, they entire problem revolves around primitive violent religion. Every country throughout history has accept into their cultures, improvements from outside, but we all should draw the line at any more religion growth, or their demands.
User avatar
Dax
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 07 Apr 2018, 18:36

CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
Maybe he does. Doesn't mean that he is right.

Why can't you separate doctrine from practice?



Augie, i learnt a long time ago that no ideology is all good or all bad. Stand up against human rights abuses, certainly, but don't undervalue all that is good because of the bad.

Ideologies are ideally open to interpretation. Saying someone who interprets that which you criticise for the betterment of themselves cannot be wrong.

And i'd very much like to listen to them. Unfortunately, they are drowned out by people telling them they're supposed to beat their wives.

As i said, i don't know where you lot are headed with this. It's highly illogical.


Is Nazism a bad ideology?


Well i certainly can't think of a good way to spin it.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5526
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 07 Apr 2018, 22:18

Dax wrote:Everyones experience and knowledge of life is different, so naturally according to the variety and wealth of experience, determines your understanding of reality, not the delusions fed to the masses. From an ideological aspect, your reply is spot on, from a realist aspect, it may be the opposite of the reality.

My reference to food and entertainment, was in relation to how those things are initially spread and it's not through multiculturalism. They spread by travelers, word of mouth and are not related to the society changing cultural aspects this thread is about, mainly religion and it's associated ideology.

Thats' what it's all about, not food or entertainment, or even clothing, they entire problem revolves around primitive violent religion. Every country throughout history has accept into their cultures, improvements from outside, but we all should draw the line at any more religion growth, or their demands.


from where i sit, it is you who's being ideological champ. I'm the son of a migrant and I can tell you from 1st hand experience that at no stage have my parents or I have dropped our 'culture'.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6882
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby pinkeye » 07 Apr 2018, 22:37

Do you get the idea Dax feels a bit superior? because of his upbringing... hard tack as it were, apparently.?

I have to take this to mean he considers himself a 'true aussie' . Possibly even a child of convicts, or perhaps his people were here before the white colonisation.?

Hmm hasn't been very forthcoming... about anything BUT his opinions.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby pinkeye » 07 Apr 2018, 22:39

and most welcome they are. A good catalyst for discussion. :bgrin :beer
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby pinkeye » 07 Apr 2018, 22:44

CaesarAugustus wrote:[quote="pinkeye"

I think it had been pretty clear from the get go that I was talking about Australia as being a more than a geographical entity.


OH I thought you compared Australia to Islam. YES you DID. NOW I ask you, in all reasonableness, how you think this is a valid comparison? :roll

Oh and by the way, please refrain from using that Yank term 'from the getgo'... It just shits me when I hear Australians saying it. What .. you think it makes you ???? a hipster!!? :roll beats me.

No you need to get a grip. Australia is a NATION, made up of many peoples, with MANY faiths, .. a truly HUGE Country, with demands all it's own and an ancient lore that predates anything else you can mention. I'll never agree that your contention that Australia is like Islam has any validity whatsoever.

:up :up[/quote]

Of course they’re different, I never said they were the same. I said that they can be scrutinised in the same level because they both encompass values and beliefs. You were the one who said that criticism of Islam is different to criticism of a country.

Why does religion get special status, particularly ones which are seen as oppressed??[/quote]

But I DON'T agree that they can be scrutinised on the same level. I could compare all sorts of things to each other, depending on what I chose to elucidate.
Doesn't mean it has any validity. Frankly your COMPARISON is NO GOOD. :roll

Sorry, but I seem to need to keep it simple for you.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Dax » 08 Apr 2018, 07:26

johnsmith wrote: from where i sit, it is you who's being ideological champ. I'm the son of a migrant and I can tell you from 1st hand experience that at no stage have my parents or I have dropped our 'culture'.


So you're still a devout catholic.
User avatar
Dax
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 08 Apr 2018, 09:45

Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote: from where i sit, it is you who's being ideological champ. I'm the son of a migrant and I can tell you from 1st hand experience that at no stage have my parents or I have dropped our 'culture'.


So you're still a devout catholic.


religion has nothing to do with it (and no, I'm not although both my parents are)?

you realise religion is on the decrease in most western countries right?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6882
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 08 Apr 2018, 09:47

pinkeye wrote:Do you get the idea Dax feels a bit superior? because of his upbringing... hard tack as it were, apparently.?

I have to take this to mean he considers himself a 'true aussie' . Possibly even a child of convicts, or perhaps his people were here before the white colonisation.?

Hmm hasn't been very forthcoming... about anything BUT his opinions.

dax thinks he has it all figiured out and everyone is hasn't quite got there

the thing dax is missing is that there is no set rules about what constitutes Aussie culture. You can ask 20 dinkie di aussies and get 20 different answers.

For me, that just highlights the mix that IS Aussie culture.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6882
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby Dax » 08 Apr 2018, 13:36

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:
johnsmith wrote: from where i sit, it is you who's being ideological champ. I'm the son of a migrant and I can tell you from 1st hand experience that at no stage have my parents or I have dropped our 'culture'.


So you're still a devout catholic.


religion has nothing to do with it (and no, I'm not although both my parents are)?

you realise religion is on the decrease in most western countries right?


Catholicism is the backbone of Italian culture and has been for well over 1000 years you can deny that all you like, but it's a verified fact. Take religion out of cultures and they have virtually nothing left, as everything revolves around their religions, or other ideologies.

It matters not whether religion is on the decrease, it still controls just about all governments and societies. Trying to make out it doesn't, is just another form of ideological denial. Denial is something extremely entrenched in human psychology, the state of our planet is evidence of that reality. Very few live in reality, all they have is the delusions they are fed by the ideological elites and the state of world societies prove where that has got humanity. Doubt there is anyone on the planet who has "figured it out", I work on reality and verifiable evidence, not empty ideological hope and fervent denial.

As for Aus culture, of course you don't see it, just like many others. If you don't see or understand the culture of where you are, it's because you are not part of it and haven't even bothered to learn about it. Living in a city, means you don't see the real culture of Aus, just the mishmash of ideologically enslaved clones, trying to make out they have a life. When all they have is ideological, economic and social enslavement.

Most of humanity Live in a revolving door world, sitting on a their fancy merry go round wooden horse, repeating their lives day after day in empty hope.

My upbringing made me a free man, not reliant upon anyone and that's how I've led my life, even if it meant living in the gutter at times and made me financially independent at a very early age. It's enhanced by my indigenous/European background and the amount of world travel I undertake, which has shown me over many decades how world societies have deteriorated to the point where, they are about to collapse everywhere, including Aus.
User avatar
Dax
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest