Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 10:29

Dutton slammed over 'persecuted' white farmers remarks

The government in Pretoria says there is 'no reason' for Peter Dutton to ask his department to consider 'special attention' for white South African farmers.

South Africa has expressed its “regret” over Home Affairs minister Peter Dutton revealing he had asked his department to consider fast-tracking protection visas for white South African farmers seeking to flee the country.

Mr Dutton revealed he had asked his department to “look at options” for giving white farmers “special attention”, which could include prioritised access to humanitarian refugee visas.

“If you look at the footage, you hear the stories and you read the accounts, it’s a horrific circumstance that they face,” Mr Dutton told News Corp on Wednesday.

The senior Turnbull government minister, who still oversees immigration in his expanded Home Affairs portfolio, credited stories in News Corp publications for bringing the matter to his attention.

“I’ve asked my department to look at options and ways in which we can provide some assistance because I do think on the information I’ve seen people do need help, and they need help from a civilised country like ours.”

South Africa’s foreign ministry has dismissed Mr Dutton’s comments and expressed its “regret” over the lack of diplomatic communication.

"That threat does not exist," the South African foreign ministry in Pretoria told Reuters.

"There is no reason for any government in the world to suspect that a section of South Africans is under danger from their own democratically elected government.

"We regret that the Australian government chose not to use the available diplomatic channels available for them to raise concerns or to seek clarification."

South Africa's ruling ANC party is planning new laws that will allow the government to redistribute farmland without paying compensation, in an escalated push to give black South Africans more access to the land.

White farmers are a racial minority in South Africa but own a disproportionate amount of farmland, as a legacy of the country's apartheid era. The government has been buying back land from white farmers for years but has been frustrated by slow progress in increasing the percentage of black ownership.

AfriForum, a rights group representing primarily the white Afrikaner minority, praised Mr Dutton's comments but said it was not in favour of mass emigration, Reuters reported.

"Our future is in Africa, not elsewhere," chief executive Kallie Kriel said.

Mr Dutton said he had directed the Home Affairs department to explore whether the farmers can be accepted into Australia through refugee, humanitarian or other visas, including the in-country persecution visa category.

"I do think on the information that I've seen, people do need help, and they need help from a civilised country like ours," Mr Dutton said.

He suggested an announcement could be made soon.


https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dutton-slammed-over-persecuted-white-farmers-remarks
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 10:30

For a spot of perspective:

Rohingyas To Reskill As White South African Farmers, In Last Desperate Attempt For Refugee Status

Hundreds of Rohingya men an women from Myanmar have begun to learn the skills required to become white South African farmers, in the hope it will allow them access to Australia.

Many Rohingyas thought they already satisfied the requirements to meet refugee status. But recent developments have brought to light a new important criteria.

“It’s just one more hurdle we need to clear, unfortunately,” one Rohingya man said. “We’ve been through a lot. So retraining to become a white farmer is just another thing that we’ll have to contend with”.

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton said he would be happy to reassess their applications once they had learned their new skill.


http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/03/15/rohingyas-to-reskill-as-white-south-african-farmers/
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 10:37

Dutton: “What did white South Africans ever do wrong?”

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has defended his comments that white farmers in South Africa “deserve special attention” from Australia, pointing out that the farmers “seem different” to most other asylum seekers, but he can’t quite put his finger on what it is.
Unlike other asylum seekers who make up their genocides in order to get into the country to claim Centrelink benefits, white South African farmers are facing “horrific circumstances” and violence, Mr Dutton said.

“For a genocide to be horrific enough to qualify for special attention, you really need to feel some sort of sympathy for them. I can’t quite put my finger on why the white South Africans look more deserving of special attention, but as soon as I figure it out, I’ll get back to you.”



Mr Dutton said that merely facing the genocide of your entire race isn’t “horrific” enough to qualify for special attention from Australia, pointing out that Tamil Sri Lankans and Rohingyas from Myanmar don’t deserve any attention, and probably should just be sent home. “There’s some other ingredient that makes white farmers special, but I can’t quite work out what it is,” Mr Dutton said. “But it’s not that they’re farmers.”

Mr Dutton added that the Australia he grew up with back when he was a Queensland cop has always had a special affinity with white South Africans. “It’s so unfair they’re being victimised. What did they ever do wrong?”


http://www.chaser.com.au/national/dutton-what-did-white-south-africans-ever-do-wrong/
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 15 Mar 2018, 11:53

Could Dutton be more overtly racist?


no
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 15 Mar 2018, 11:54

dutton would have to be one of the most vile pieces of filth to grace our parliament
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 14:08

johnsmith wrote:dutton would have to be one of the most vile pieces of filth to grace our parliament



I honestly can't think of anyone worse.
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 14:13

Image
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 14:25

Image
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby greggerypeccary » 15 Mar 2018, 14:44

" ... they need help from a civilised country like ours.”

Racism 101
greggerypeccary
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 15:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 18:54

Dutton's white South African farmers claim 'breathtakingly hypocritical': HRW

Human Rights Watch has accused Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton of being 'breathtakingly hypocritical' after he expressed a desire to bring 'persecuted' white South African farmers to Australia on refugee visas.

Peter Dutton came under the firing line after asserting on Thursday that white South African farmers deserve "special attention" from a "civilised country" like Australia because they face violence and land seizures.

"I think in this circumstance we do need to look at the persecution that's taking place," Mr Dutton told 2GB radio on Thursday.

He has directed his Home Affairs department to explore whether the farmers can be accepted into Australia through refugee, humanitarian or other visas, including the in-country persecution visa category.

Human Rights Watch Director Elaine Pearson has since accused Mr Dutton of being "breathtakingly hypocritical" and said there was a "racial element" to the comments.

"That really concerns me because international law doesn’t discriminate, it does not say we should accept refugees on the basis of whether they make good migrants, or whether they’re well educated," she said.

"International law says that if people are fleeing persecution and they should have the right to seek sanctuary, and Australia has broken that law when it comes to people that we’ve locked up on Manus and Nauru.

"Certainly I think there are equally as moving stories from people from Afghanistan, Sudan and other countries. Perhaps it’s now that Peter Dutton hasn’t had the opportunity to read those stories.

"I find it breathtakingly hypocritical that government ministers would prioritise this group of white South African farmers over other groups that are equally, if not much more desperately in need of assistance."

Mr Dutton believes white farmers in South Africa face "horrific circumstances" and need help from Australia.

"We have a huge South African expat community within Australia. They work hard, they integrate well into Australian society. They contribute and make us a better country," he said.

"They're the sorts of migrants that we want to bring into our country."

But Ms Pearson said there are much greater humanitarian needs closer to home.

"There are a lot of persecuted groups that deserve special attention from the Australian government and I certainly would not be starting with the white South African farmers," she said.

"There are nearly 700,000 Rohingya Muslims that have had to flee killings, rape and violence to Bangladesh, so if we’re talking about groups that urgently need assistance, this would be a group which is closer to home that much more urgently needs immediate assistance, rather than this other group."

South Africa responds: 'Threat doesn't exist'
The South African foreign ministry said the "threat" Mr Dutton refers to does not exist.

"There is no reason for any government in the world to suspect that a section of South Africans is under danger from their own democratically elected government," it said in Pretoria, Reuters reported.

"We regret that the Australian government chose not to use the available diplomatic channels available for them to raise concerns or to seek clarification."

Ms Pearson said despite the ministry's denial, there was "probably something" to these allegations.

"I know back in 2001, Human Rights Watch issued a report, documenting abuses against South African farmers, but in that report some time ago, we found that black South African farmers were actually equally, if not more vulnerable to abuse than white South African farmers," she said.

"It’s interesting that the government is so moved by these stories, there does seem to be a racial element there."

AfriForum, a rights group representing primarily the white Afrikaner minority, praised Mr Dutton's comments but said it was not in favour of mass emigration.

"Our future is in Africa, not elsewhere," chief executive Kallie Kriel said.

Mr Dutton has suggested an announcement could be made soon.

"I hope we can settle some of these people because I think they will work hard, I think they desire to work hard, they want to educate their kids and they want to provide for a safe and certain future," he said.

"We can provide that in a country like ours."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dutton-s-white-south-african-farmers-claim-breathtakingly-hypocritical-hrw
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby pinkeye » 16 Mar 2018, 00:32

Astonishingly BAD. The man is obviously not in his right mind.

I'd suspect it was a joke... BUT :WTF :WTF

IT isn't funny.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 16 Mar 2018, 12:26

Malcolm Fraser’s ‘white farmers’ prophecy is now a reality

A year before he died in 2015, former prime minister Malcolm Fraser agreed to meet me at his Melbourne office to discuss Australia’s treatment of sea-borne refugees.

The cruelties of the offshore detention system, he said, made it look, “from outside Australia … as if the white Australia policy battles are still raging”.

There was no way, he said, that a boatload of “white South African farmers would be treated that way if they sailed into Fremantle harbour” – a sentiment he also expressed to the ABC in 2012.


https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/finance-news/2018/03/15/malcolm-fraser-south-african-white-farmers/amp/
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby CaesarAugustus » 16 Mar 2018, 13:48

Just a question for you lefties:

If a black government legally oppresses a minority white group BECAUSE they are white....

Is this racism?

Yes or no?
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
CaesarAugustus
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 16 Mar 2018, 13:57

CaesarAugustus wrote:Just a question for you lefties:

If a black government legally oppresses a minority white group BECAUSE they are white....

Is this racism?

Yes or no?


of course it is.

why do you assume that not agreeing with one thing means we agree with the other? The SA govt. is fucked. They're a bunch of racists who are treating white folk like crap. One might argue that it is karma, but even then that doesn't make it any less racist. Nor does it make duttons comments any less racist.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby CaesarAugustus » 16 Mar 2018, 14:00

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:Just a question for you lefties:

If a black government legally oppresses a minority white group BECAUSE they are white....

Is this racism?

Yes or no?


of course it is.

why do you assume that not agreeing with one thing means we agree with the other? The SA govt. is fucked. They're a bunch of racists who are treating white folk like crap. One might argue that it is karma, but even then that doesn't make it any less racist. Nor does it make duttons comments any less racist.


So then, why does Mothra post stuff about 'white racists' doing bad things. Is she trying to raise awareness that there are white racists, or is she implying that white racism is not the same as black racism?

Racism is racism; I don't care what colour the person is.
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
CaesarAugustus
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 16 Mar 2018, 14:05

CaesarAugustus wrote:
So then, why does Mothra post stuff about 'white racists' doing bad things


i would hazard a guess that it's because some white racist did a bad thing. You'll need to confirm that with her though as I don't speak for her.

ohh and while we're on the subject, there is very little evidence of the 'white farmer facing persecution'. From what I've seen there is a lot of 'he says she says', but very little actual EVIDENCE.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 16 Mar 2018, 15:57

CaesarAugustus wrote:So then, why does Mothra post stuff about 'white racists' doing bad things. Is she trying to raise awareness that there are white racists, or is she implying that white racism is not the same as black racism?

Racism is racism; I don't care what colour the person is.



Because i was making the (what i thought was very clear) point that there are two sides to the story.

More importantly, you don;t need to dig very deep into the socio-political machinations of South Africa to see that it is indeed an incredibly violent place. One in which black people are massively over-represented as victims.

Perhaps it's not so much a white genocide (as some preposterously call it) and simply a manifestation of a brutal country with a long history of brutality?
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 16 Mar 2018, 15:59

mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby CaesarAugustus » 16 Mar 2018, 16:08

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:So then, why does Mothra post stuff about 'white racists' doing bad things. Is she trying to raise awareness that there are white racists, or is she implying that white racism is not the same as black racism?

Racism is racism; I don't care what colour the person is.



Because i was making the (what i thought was very clear) point that there are two sides to the story.

More importantly, you don;t need to dig very deep into the socio-political machinations of South Africa to see that it is indeed an incredibly violent place. One in which black people are massively over-represented as victims.

Perhaps it's not so much a white genocide (as some preposterously call it) and simply a manifestation of a brutal country with a long history of brutality?


Sure, but you do realize that in RSA the government is now run by the black majority, and the majority of violence conducted is black on black.

So, it's not OK when it's white-on-black but it's OK when it's black-on-black?
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
CaesarAugustus
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby CaesarAugustus » 16 Mar 2018, 16:08

It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
CaesarAugustus
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 16 Mar 2018, 16:12

CaesarAugustus wrote:So, it's not OK when it's white-on-black but it's OK when it's black-on-black?


You're doing it again. Claiming it is not alright when it's white on black does not mean that you automatically think it is ok when it's black on black

come off it Ceasar ... Making up your own narrative and attributing it to others is the sort of crap the retards on ozpol try.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby CaesarAugustus » 16 Mar 2018, 16:17

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:So, it's not OK when it's white-on-black but it's OK when it's black-on-black?


You're doing it again. Claiming it is not alright when it's white on black does not mean that you automatically think it is ok when it's black on black

come off it Ceasar ... Making up your own narrative and attributing it to others is the sort of crap the retards on ozpol try.


John Smith, Mothra said that "most people don't realize that RSA is a violent country and that the majority of victims are black."

This statement is inferring that the blacks are victims of violence BECAUSE OF white people, which is not true NOWADAYS. Blacks are now victims of other blacks with a government ruled by blacks. So, where's the racism against blacks today in South Africa?
It has been demonstrated that no system, not even the most inhuman, can continue to exist without an ideology.
CaesarAugustus
mountain lion
 
Posts: 851
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 16 Mar 2018, 16:17

CaesarAugustus wrote:


Read, and so what's your point?


What the flying fuck do you think it is?
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby mothra » 16 Mar 2018, 16:18

CaesarAugustus wrote:This statement is inferring that the blacks are victims of violence BECAUSE OF white people, which is not true NOWADAYS. Blacks are now victims of other blacks with a government ruled by blacks. So, where's the racism against blacks today in South Africa?



Are you for real?
mothra
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: Could Dutton be more overtly racist?

Postby johnsmith » 16 Mar 2018, 16:24

CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:So, it's not OK when it's white-on-black but it's OK when it's black-on-black?


You're doing it again. Claiming it is not alright when it's white on black does not mean that you automatically think it is ok when it's black on black

come off it Ceasar ... Making up your own narrative and attributing it to others is the sort of crap the retards on ozpol try.


John Smith, Mothra said that "most people don't realize that RSA is a violent country and that the majority of victims are black."

This statement is inferring that the blacks are victims of violence BECAUSE OF white people, which is not true NOWADAYS. Blacks are now victims of other blacks with a government ruled by blacks. So, where's the racism against blacks today in South Africa?


rubbish ... it infers nothing of the sort.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Warthog
 
Posts: 2714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron