Pell to go to Hell?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Pell to go to Hell?

Postby pinkeye » 05 Mar 2018, 23:15

Thank Christ I am not a Christian of any description. :bgrin :yak yak :jump

The man is not a godly man.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: Pell to go to Hell?

Postby Aussie » 05 Mar 2018, 23:38

pinkeye wrote:Thank Christ I am not a Christian of any description. :bgrin :yak yak :jump

Maybe, but let's let Justice run its course.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby pinkeye » 05 Mar 2018, 23:43

Aussie wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Thank Christ I am not a Christian of any description. :bgrin :yak yak :jump

Oh Yes indeed. :clap
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 05 Mar 2018, 23:46

pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hmmm
I have reviewed my previous post and understand.. it is a bit opaque/oblique/enigmatic.

Or NOT.! :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 06 Mar 2018, 02:25

pinkeye wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hmmm
I have reviewed my previous post and understand.. it is a bit opaque/oblique/enigmatic.

:WTF are you talking about?
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 06 Mar 2018, 02:56

MilesAway wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hmmm

:WTF are you talking about?

JUSTICE FOR PELL

Will he receive a fair verdict? Will his power subvert our system of Justice.?

His Counsel are already casting doubt on it all by accusing the Police of Bias.
Don't expect this to be easy.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 06 Mar 2018, 08:20

Aussie wrote:Maybe, but let's let Justice run its course.

so you think he should be hung and quartered too?? great, something else we agree on
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Vulcan » 06 Mar 2018, 15:39

Shouldn't only 'God' be the judgement on this 'religious' issue, or is Legal/Politics playing 'God' ? :bgrin
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Mar 2018, 15:59

God rot Pell! Happy now?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 06 Mar 2018, 16:49

Vulcan wrote:Shouldn't only 'God' be the judgement on this 'religious' issue, or is Legal/Politics playing 'God' ? :bgrin

no. If god had wanted a say he should have smite him before he buggered the little boys
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 07 Mar 2018, 00:21

Vulcan wrote:Shouldn't only 'God' be the judgement on this 'religious' issue, or is Legal/Politics playing 'God' ? :bgrin

No No and NO. OBVIOUSLY. God doesn't represent justice here today. What ? you want Pell to die of old age and THEN go to HELL, with no recompense required by the Church.?

SORRY WRONG STORY.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 07 Mar 2018, 03:50

seems his defence team have finally acknowledged he has a case to answer..

He will be pleading ' Not Guilty' .
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Vulcan » 07 Mar 2018, 09:38

pinkeye wrote:

No No and NO. OBVIOUSLY. God doesn't represent justice here today. What ? you want Pell to die of old age and THEN go to HELL, with no recompense required by the Church.?

SORRY WRONG STORY.

:rofl
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby Gordy » 07 Mar 2018, 10:49

Pell is a totally repugnant individual but from what I've heard these allegations are a bit of a stitch up.

The story I got was yes he's totally guilty of covering for fiddlers, but he himself is not one.

Tell you what tho, if he gets jail time over this even if he's innocent, I reckon it's a good result for him being a cunt.
Gordy
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 10:54

He did do weird things, like standing naked with a towel over his shoulder while boys were having showers.

Abstinence is unhealthy. The Catholic Church must move to allowing priests etc to marry. It is not a matter of dogma—celibacy was imposed because priests were leaving church lands to their children, round about 1100–1200 AD IIRC. We have proper systems of title now.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Gordy » 07 Mar 2018, 11:05

HBS Guy wrote:He did do weird things, like standing naked with a towel over his shoulder while boys were having showers.

Abstinence is unhealthy. The Catholic Church must move to allowing priests etc to marry. It is not a matter of dogma—celibacy was imposed because priests were leaving church lands to their children, round about 1100–1200 AD IIRC. We have proper systems of title now.

Yea I've heard that story and I believe it, but I still don't believe he's personally a paedo. Don't mistake my thinking he's innocent for any defense of him otherwise. of course I'm open minded to when new evidence is presented to the public.
Gordy
Chihuahua

Postby Vulcan » 07 Mar 2018, 11:10

HBS Guy wrote:He did do weird things, like standing naked with a towel over his shoulder while boys were having showers.

This is where people get it all wrong. Abstinence has nothing 'wrong' with it. Many be are 'Celibate' (abstain from sex) 'non-sexuals' and the vast majority do it for 'career' reasons. Some life vocations need dedication and no time for 'distracting' relationships. Sometimes - a position of power and privilege demands 'total dedication' and if the person is married, then it takes a good partner to support the other during such a period.

I've be celibate for 7 years. I get hit upon while doing Cab, but I just couldn't be bothered (although flattered) and have better things to do that get 'involved' in that.

The problem with the 'Black or White' World of thinking is that The Catholic Clergy (opposite of those Protestant 'rooters' Clergy) are mean't to be Celibate and abstain from sex (while their followers breed like rabbits). Sadly, many think that (men) not having sex with women, means having sex with other men or children.
This is the crux of the whole matter.

There are those men who can jump onto the horse of Celibacy and ride off into the sunset (enter Clint Eastwood western music).
But many (like Gays, Paedos) jump on and then fall off the other side to kiss ...the dirt.

So please don't bring us Non-sexual Celibates in as the same basket as 'Gays/Paedos'.
It's like saying 'clever' kids who leave at year 10 to get a trade should be in the same basket as those kids who leave just to do nothing for want of continuing on into years 11/12 to pursue Academia at Uni.

Catholic Priest: Celibate (Money)
Catholic Followers: Breeders
Protestant Priest: Breeder
Protestant Follower: Celibate (Money ...yep, wave you hands in the air, ya gonna be rich!)
Orthodox Priest: Best of both worlds - Breeder and Money
Orthodox Followers: Not many at all, not interested

Pagan Priest: No sex and no money
Pagan Followers: heaps of sex and money

...so there you have the 'Four Winds' of choice and as you can see, each has its 'equalised' advantage, disadvantage.
It's the same reflection in many other facets of societies around the world.

Even Judaism, Christianity & Mohommedism reflect the same above.

Pell?
"You better get a lawyer son - you better get a real good one!"
:rofl
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 11:31

Priests are lifetime celibates.

The Catholic Church has the majority of pedophiles in its ranks, the CoE the second but a lot less than the Catholic Church.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Gordy » 07 Mar 2018, 13:01

HBS Guy wrote:Priests are lifetime celibates.

The Catholic Church has the majority of pedophiles in its ranks, the CoE the second but a lot less than the Catholic Church.

Technically.....

I've had no personal contact with Catholicism, however two people I've met, both friends of my dads who were ex priests said that's not exactly the case and many priests are either rooting each or have secret hetro relationships on the side. Constraining human sexuality in modern times would not be an easy thing to do.

About paedos, I reckon while they do have a somewhat higher number than the general population, the big problem is paedos in the Catholic church have easy access to kids and are (were) backed by a system that covers for them.
Gordy
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 13:05

Yes, the cover up, the moving of pedophile priests from parish to parish. THAT should be greatly reduced, at least.

The Church needs to pay, tho! Sell some of its vast holdings of real estate.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Gordy » 07 Mar 2018, 13:26

HBS Guy wrote:Yes, the cover up, the moving of pedophile priests from parish to parish. THAT should be greatly reduced, at least.

The Church needs to pay, tho! Sell some of its vast holdings of real estate.

Without a doubt.

When proved, the compensation bills should be so high they serve as a very effective future deterrence.

I'd hope in 2018 this is not happening.
Gordy
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Mar 2018, 14:02

But probably is, maybe not in organisations but pedophile rings exist.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 07 Mar 2018, 16:19

Gordy wrote:Pell is a totally repugnant individual but from what I've heard these allegations are a bit of a stitch up.

The story I got was yes he's totally guilty of covering for fiddlers, but he himself is not one.

Tell you what tho, if he gets jail time over this even if he's innocent, I reckon it's a good result for him being a cunt.

withholding information of a crime and harbouring criminals is also a crime is it not?
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Vulcan » 07 Mar 2018, 18:24

Yes - true. The Catholic Church has a good number of 'Spiders' in their ranks. Protestants also have 'spiders' too. Sex addiction has its many masks.

The irony of the 'Media' is that it totally loved Pope John Paul the Second. He smiled for their cameras and they gave him the title of the 'Peoples Pope'.
Then along comes Pope Benedict. The Media went at him much like they did/do with Trump. He didn't care about smiling for 'their' cameras and playing to 'their' Media fiddle. They called him NAZI, that called him Racist, they called him Paedophile - you name it!
But unlike Pope John Paul II who smiled for the cameras and just turned a 'blind eye' to all the 'evil' in the Church. Pope Benedict 'cleansed' the Church of much of its Spiders and cobwebs. He copped a lot of abuse and even gained enemies in the Church but he had his allies and a lot was achieved. He even had the grace to come to Australia.
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 08 Mar 2018, 00:58

Vulcan wrote:Yes - true. The Catholic Church has a good number of 'Spiders' in their ranks. Protestants also have 'spiders' too. Sex addiction has its many masks.

The irony of the 'Media' is that it totally loved Pope John Paul the Second. He smiled for their cameras and they gave him the title of the 'Peoples Pope'.
Then along comes Pope Benedict. The Media went at him much like they did/do with Trump. He didn't care about smiling for 'their' cameras and playing to 'their' Media fiddle. They called him NAZI, that called him Racist, they called him Paedophile - you name it!
But unlike Pope John Paul II who smiled for the cameras and just turned a 'blind eye' to all the 'evil' in the Church. Pope Benedict 'cleansed' the Church of much of its Spiders and cobwebs. He copped a lot of abuse and even gained enemies in the Church but he had his allies and a lot was achieved. He even had the grace to come to Australia.

His Grace.? I can do without.

Celibacy is not necessary.. it is simply another means of control and indoctrinisation. Before (who was it Augustin?) priests in the Roman Catholic Church could marry.

Then ?? the innate fear of women , felt by some MEN whose power felt threatened, was used to introduce Celibacy. And the Church has never looked back.

OR FORWARD for that matter.

Celibacy should only be a choice, and all MALE priests should be able to marry. Um also Female Priests :roll I never could understand why any woman would seek to further the biases of the past. Perhaps they will shine a light towards the future.?

Personally, Religion is way past its USE BY date.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Next

Return to Politics