Michaelia Cash sinks to new lows

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Michaelia Cash sinks to new lows

Postby mothra » 28 Feb 2018, 17:54

I'm not one for gendered insults so let's just call her a despicable arsehole and be done with it.

How dare she threaten to "out" women oabout whom gossip is circulating?

Women like her do more to damage women's rights than any man:

mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Re: Michaelia Cash sinks to new lows

Postby mothra » 28 Feb 2018, 18:18

mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 28 Feb 2018, 18:24

mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 28 Feb 2018, 18:32

she's a piece of work that woman. I wouldn't spit on her if she were on fire.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 28 Feb 2018, 18:39

johnsmith wrote:she's a piece of work that woman. I wouldn't spit on her if she were on fire.

She's utterly contemptible. Even for a lieberal.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Feb 2018, 19:32

Yup. Hateful, stupid and low.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 28 Feb 2018, 19:36

Penny Wong put her in her place though. 4.37.

As did this class act. Can she replace Shorten already?

mothra
Duck

Postby greggerypeccary » 28 Feb 2018, 20:53

Horrid, horrid woman.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 Feb 2018, 22:23

greggerypeccary wrote:Horrid, horrid woman.

Talk about a 'brain explosion'.!!

That was so WRONG.. she should be removed from her place on the front bench.

Disgusting.

And thanks Mothra for starting this topic... I would have if you hadn't, but mine would have been a diatribe of vitriol.!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 28 Feb 2018, 22:42

pinkeye wrote:

Disgusting.

And thanks Mothra for starting this topic... I would have if you hadn't, but mine would have been a diatribe of vitriol.!!

Is there one reasonable lieberal woman? Ever?

Still, i believe this haggis may be the worst of a bad bunch.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 28 Feb 2018, 22:52

mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

Disgusting.

Well lets face it, the only women that can get a Liberal possie are headbangers. They're outnumbered so much I think they lose sight of reality. This piece of work sure has.
She is supposed to REPRESENT WOMEN'S RIGHTS. THAT is the POSItION she holds. FFS.

I don't think I've EVER HEARD a WORSE BREACH of DUTY by anyone. Not on the PUBLIC record. She should be FINISHED. OUT OF THERE. ! :mad

SHE shouLD BE STOOD DOWN, on leave for a week, JUST LIKE BARNABY.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 Feb 2018, 22:54

mothra wrote:Penny Wong put her in her place though. 4.37.

As did this class act. Can she replace Shorten already?

Personally I'd prefer PENNY WONG.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 Feb 2018, 22:56

pinkeye wrote:
mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

Disgusting.

oops..don't know how I posted that twice. I think it is a board aberration.

Well lets face it, the only women that can get a Liberal possie are headbangers. They're outnumbered so much I think they lose sight of reality. This piece of work sure has.
She is supposed to REPRESENT WOMEN'S RIGHTS. THAT is the POSItION she holds. FFS.

I don't think I've EVER HEARD a WORSE BREACH of DUTY by anyone. Not on the PUBLIC record. She should be FINISHED. OUT OF THERE. ! :mad

SHE shouLD BE STOOD DOWN, on leave for a week, JUST LIKE BARNABY.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 01 Mar 2018, 00:30

sorry about that :WTF

Anyway, the Teev shows that then the Coalition created an uproar... various ministers made a show of indignation about Shorten. (?) :roll :scare. CRIKEY, even Dutton got in on the show.. :roll BIG DRAMA about nothing to draw attention away from that M . CASH person. :purple

IT FAILED. :tweed :tweed :tweed

The Libs are just
tumbling in the wind

Blown by the Nats
blowhard bumblings

Cash and Co will answer
for that foulplay

Cash should go
Go far away

OH dear. Can't help it.!!! :bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 01 Mar 2018, 08:13

pinkeye wrote:oops..don't know how I posted that twice. I think it is a board aberration.

if you double up you can delete one post by clicking on the 'x' near the quote button.
I've deleted it for you
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 01 Mar 2018, 09:50

Scientists Begin Development Of Anti-Venom For Michaelia Cash

Researchers at Sydney University have begun the development of anti-venom for Liberal Senator Michaelia Cash, after increasing reports of unprovoked attacks.

The research unit said they hoped to provide a cure for attacks within the next few weeks.

ACT Parks and Wildlife spokesperson John McGill described the attacks as ‘dangerous and toxic’, and advised people to stay indoors.

“What we’ve seen is an increase in strange, unpredictable attacks from this animal. We’re advising caution for anyone walking in the Canberra area, particularly the pathway around Parliament House,” he said.

Michaelia Cash responded, saying she would continue to attack. “If you want to go down that path today I will do it. It’s a dangerous path to go down and you know it,” she said.

One inside source said that there were rumours that Michaelia Cash was a complete and utter arsehole, but if anyone was offended by the statement she would withdraw it.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/03/01/scientists-begin-development-of-anti-venom-for-michaelia-cash/
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Mar 2018, 09:53

You have a long time before the delete button disappears.

Or you can ask a Mod: Me, Aussie or John
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 01 Mar 2018, 16:28

Watch: Cash shielded by whiteboard as PM refuses to condemn minister

Malcolm Turnbull says Jobs Minister Michaelia Cash was "bullied and provoked" into her controversial comments about Bill Shorten's female staff, refusing to condemn her actions or demand an apology.

The Prime Minister's first response to the controversy came amid farcical scenes in Parliament House in which security guards wheeled a whiteboard in front of Senator Cash to shield her from television cameras, photographers and reporters.

Mr Turnbull's intervention came after senior minister Peter Dutton set off a new round of personal mudslinging, declaring he would not tolerate lectures from Labor MPs who have a "history of problems" in their private lives.

Labor is demanding Senator Cash resign for her outburst in Senate estimates on Wednesday when she threatened to "name every young woman" working in Opposition Leader Bill Shorten's office who is the subject of rumours.

Senator Cash made the comments during questioning by Labor senator Doug Cameron about her staffing arrangements after the scandal that rocked her office last year, when her media adviser David de Garis quit after admitting to tipping off the media about a raid on the Australian Workers Union.

Senator Cash later offered a qualified withdrawal of the comments but has refused to apologise.

Mr Shorten said he was angered by the comments.
"
I’m angry on behalf of the smart, dedicated, hard-working professionals in my office who have been smeared by Michaelia Cash," he said. "I’m honestly shocked she hasn’t said sorry. I’ve been waiting for her to ring up my office and organise it."

In question time, Mr Shorten asked Mr Turnbull whether he would require his minister to apologise.

"Senator Cash was being bullied and provoked by Senator Cameron who was making insinuations about staff. She made a response that she has unreservedly withdrawn. If members opposite want to mitigate any offence to the persons referred to they would treat this matter as having been dealt with," Mr Turnbull said.

Mr Turnbull also seized on "disgraceful" comments by Labor senator Kim Carr in another estimates hearing, in which he referred to Liberal senator James Paterson as a member of the "Hitler Youth".

Senator Carr withdrew the comment and apologised.

The Cash episode has added to an atmosphere of rumour and innuendo that has gripped Parliament House in the wake of the extramarital affair that led to the end of Barnaby Joyce's deputy prime ministership.

Asked about Senator Cash's comments on Thursday, Mr Dutton said Labor MPs did not have "great grounds to be virtuous".

"I think there's a frustration on the Coalition side at the moment if I'm being honest about it," the Home Affairs Minister told 2GB radio.

"I think we've sat here taking a morals lecture from Bill Shorten in relation to Barnaby Joyce over the last few weeks and people know that there's a history of problems in Bill Shorten's personal life, Tony Burke's personal life. And to be lectured by the Labor Party really sticks in the craw."

Mr Dutton's comments appear to refer to the failed first marriages of Mr Shorten and Mr Burke. Mr Dutton is also married for the second time.

Mr Shorten responded: "Mr Dutton’s comments reflect on him and no one else."

Mr Burke, a senior Labor frontbencher, earlier said Mr Shorten's staff were upset at the implications of Senator Cash's threat and wanted an apology.

Neither Mr Shorten nor Mr Burke have publicly pursued Mr Joyce over his personal life, focusing their attacks on his use of public money.

Other Coalition MPs leapt to Senator Cash's defence, with Liberal frontbencher Craig Laundy saying there was "implied innuendo" in the questioning that triggered her reaction - even though the questions that led to comments simply related to the identity of her new chief of staff and media adviser.

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann said: "The Labor Party doesn't like Michaelia because Michaelia is a very effective operator."

Education Minister Simon Birmingham said Senator Cash had acknowledged that "perhaps a line had been crossed".

"I think that anybody's who has watched Senate estimates would see that questioning can be pretty robust, even bordering on bullying at times. Michaelia Cash has been dealing with a difficult situation. I think she acknowledged that she crossed a line, which is why she withdrew those remarks."

Senator Cash's Labor counterpart Brendan O'Connor said: "Minister Cash must do two things today - apologise and then resign."

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politics/federal/watch-cash-shielded-by-whiteboard-as-pm-refuses-to-condemn-minister-20180301-p4z2bx.html
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 01 Mar 2018, 21:51

FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Vulcan » 01 Mar 2018, 21:59

mothra wrote:I'm not one for gendered insults so let's just call her a despicable arsehole and be done with it.

I see your point here. Yes - she seems just a 'blonde' version of Julia Gillard.
Many Australian women saw Gillard's personal ambition to be the 'first' (novelty) FEMALE Prime Minister - as a poor example or representation of what Australian women wanted of themselves. I think more women blasted Gillard than men in this country. Now we see Michaelia doing the same 'personal ambition' as Gillard. Just a different hair colour.

Is it just me, or do the Daffy Ducks become PM here in Australia??
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby mothra » 01 Mar 2018, 22:09

Vulcan wrote:
mothra wrote:I'm not one for gendered insults so let's just call her a despicable arsehole and be done with it.

I see your point here. Yes - she seems just a 'blonde' version of Julia Gillard.
Many Australian women saw Gillard's personal ambition to be the 'first' (novelty) FEMALE Prime Minister - as a poor example or representation of what Australian women wanted of themselves. I think more women blasted Gillard than men in this country. Now we see Michaelia doing the same 'personal ambition' as Gillard. Just a different hair colour.

Is it just me, or do the Daffy Ducks become PM here in Australia??

I strongly disagree with your assessment of Gillard. She was easily our best PM since Hawke.

Cash's ambition has naught to do with her treachery towards women. Did you utterly miss the point as to what is so objectionable about what she said?
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Mar 2018, 22:13

Gillard was our best PM since Curtin.

Without Curtin we may have been invaded/occupied by the Japs.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Vulcan » 01 Mar 2018, 22:32

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Gillard: The best PM since so & so!
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Firstly, she was a 'usurper' and usurpers are never the best at anything. They are like a Bully that cuts in line at the canteen. Gillard was one of our 'worst' PM's and we've had a good number of them since Keating 'cut in front' of Hawke. But hey, that's the new 'Aussie mateship' for ya. Gillard was selfishly self ambitious, had no desire to impress upon Australia - only wanted to go visit the USA as a PM and get a rousing applause, because no-one in Australia would give her one. She was a poor representation of Australian women and exploited the female agenda as a persecution against her by males to justify her ambition.
Yep - she threw herself down accusing all men being against her, to get herself a penalty shot at goal. The irony of 'stabbing her leader' in the back and taking his job ...yep, she sure was victimised by all men - for being a woman.
:roll
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Mar 2018, 22:39

Curtin “usurped” the position from Menzies because the two independents then in Parliament could see how totally useless and weak Menzies was.

Rudd tried to micromanage the whole CPS, he was in hiding from the head of his own Department. Caucus acted.

Nope, considering Rudd leaking against the ALP in the election campaign, then whiteanted her relentlessly, considering the mindless opposition of abbott then consider all she achieved!

Greatness!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 02 Mar 2018, 00:38

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:oops..don't know how I posted that twice. I think it is a board aberration.

if you double up you can delete one post by clicking on the 'x' near the quote button.
I've deleted it for you

thanks for that.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Next

Return to Politics