Dear God, 17 dead!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Dear God, 17 dead!

Postby MilesAway » 24 Feb 2018, 21:25

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:So we've heard Trump's views now on the teev. More guns.

geez .... I struggle to understand how Americans came to be the greatest superpower, with the biggest economy and some of the best businesses globally, whilst at the same time falling for crap like this

i must be missing something. No peoples that stupid should be such a success story .... and yet they are.

Dear John,

"America" is not the same as "Americans".

:roll
MilesAway
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 24 Feb 2018, 21:29

MilesAway wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

geez .... I struggle to understand how Americans came to be the greatest superpower, with the biggest economy and some of the best businesses globally, whilst at the same time falling for crap like this

i must be missing something. No peoples that stupid should be such a success story .... and yet they are.

Dear John,

no shit sherlock.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby MilesAway » 24 Feb 2018, 21:32

johnsmith wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Dear John,

no shit sherlock.

You're the one who said you must be missing something so don't crap down my throat buddy :beer
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 24 Feb 2018, 22:50

MilesAway wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Dear John,

no shit sherlock.

You're the one who said you must be missing something so don't crap down my throat buddy :beer

no country that full of idiots should, in theory, ever become a world leader .... it just doesn't work.

All you did was state the obvious.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 24 Feb 2018, 23:42

johnsmith wrote:

Umm :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

The people with the MOST FIREPOWER in the WORLD, gosh I wonder. :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 25 Feb 2018, 02:36

johnsmith wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Dear John,

no shit sherlock.

no country that full of idiots should, in theory, ever become a world leader .... it just doesn't work.

All you did was state the obvious.

All you did was crap on about something you didn't even believe in the first place!

...hence why you requalified your remarks as "in theory"!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 25 Feb 2018, 02:38

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Umm :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

The people with the MOST FIREPOWER in the WORLD, gosh I wonder. :roll

John doesn't know what 'stupid' means!

:beer :beer

Hey, John, are greedy people stupid? :roll

See, he doesn't have a clue who should be world leader: he's just a contrarian!
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Feb 2018, 06:29

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 25 Feb 2018, 08:46

MilesAway wrote:John doesn't know what 'stupid' means!

Try to follow the bouncing ball and I'll see if I can explain it to you in simpler terms.

In this case, stupid means anyone who thinks the answer to Americas gun problem is more guns.

Just imagine if someone here suggested that the answer to the African gang problem in Melbourne is more African gangs
or the answer to shark attacks is more sharks
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 25 Feb 2018, 08:50

MilesAway wrote:All you did was crap on about something you didn't even believe in the first place!

i qualified my comments with 'in theory' because I'm talking about my understanding of the situation, not talking political history. Something that was a dead giveaway if you'd read the first 3 words of my sentence ' I struggle to understand'
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Vulcan » 25 Feb 2018, 20:22

Why are the 'People' of USA looking to Politics & Military to solve the problem?
Their job is to pump out more guns - its their nature and industry.
Of course they would come up with "Arm the Teachers."

Obviously it won't work, because when a Teacher decides to 'lose the plot' and massacre his/her class because they are giving him/her a hard time...
Or the kids (possibly also allowed to be armed) shoot the teacher.
Etc, etc, etc. Its a downward spiral.

Politics is the #1 'Power' in the USA with it's mate The Military as #2.
In the Middle-East its Military#1 and Politics in 2nd position ...so you can see what happens to that part of the world where Military rules!
Australia's 'future' is for ART to be the #1 'Power' and as you can see, Politics only holds on here (falling to bits currently) by default via the UK & USA.

As for USA Economics. They might have a big Economy - but it is extremely flawed and basically the real perpetrator of Depressions, Recessions around the world.
As you recently saw when the Economy dropped. USA's Economic character is to 'destroy' the competition, because in reality - it just can't compete 'fairly' with other nations. Thank god we didn't sell Grain Corp to them: 3 years of 'nice' then they would have scuttled it!

Politics in Africa is a flawed 'power' too. Just look what happened to South Africa when the British turned up. The Boers were already 'assimilated' with the Khosian tribes of South Africa - hence why they were mostly 'farmers'. Hell, a lot have moved to Australia and still work top 'Rural/Farming' jobs. Gee - doesn't the next leader of the Nationals seem 'Boer' in his ways. But the British made Politics turn South Africa into a place of hatred, war and violence. It just does not work there as a 'power'.
Sport does better and Mandela knew it!

Australian Politics does have a 'future' though - but its future is really to support 'the Family' and the raising of kids (population). Art is the 'Power' of the Individual and will soon be the biggest 'money' earner here as a formidable industry that leaves Weta Workshop for NZ like a minor effort.

So - giving Teachers Guns is definitely not the answer (because they can and will shoot kids down the line ...it only takes one).
So what is the answer then - if Politics/Military can't provide the 'right' answer??
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 26 Feb 2018, 01:38

Vulcan wrote:Why are the 'People' of USA looking to Politics & Military to solve the problem?
Their job is to pump out more guns - its their nature and industry.
Of course they would come up with "Arm the Teachers."

Obviously it won't work, because when a Teacher decides to 'lose the plot' and massacre his/her class because they are giving him/her a hard time...
Or the kids (possibly also allowed to be armed) shoot the teacher.
Etc, etc, etc. Its a downward spiral.

Politics is the #1 'Power' in the USA with it's mate The Military as #2.
In the Middle-East its Military#1 and Politics in 2nd position ...so you can see what happens to that part of the world where Military rules!
Australia's 'future' is for ART to be the #1 'Power' and as you can see, Politics only holds on here (falling to bits currently) by default via the UK & USA.

As for USA Economics. They might have a big Economy - but it is extremely flawed and basically the real perpetrator of Depressions, Recessions around the world.
As you recently saw when the Economy dropped. USA's Economic character is to 'destroy' the competition, because in reality - it just can't compete 'fairly' with other nations. Thank god we didn't sell Grain Corp to them: 3 years of 'nice' then they would have scuttled it!

Politics in Africa is a flawed 'power' too. Just look what happened to South Africa when the British turned up. The Boers were already 'assimilated' with the Khosian tribes of South Africa - hence why they were mostly 'farmers'. Hell, a lot have moved to Australia and still work top 'Rural/Farming' jobs. Gee - doesn't the next leader of the Nationals seem 'Boer' in his ways. But the British made Politics turn South Africa into a place of hatred, war and violence. It just does not work there as a 'power'.
Sport does better and Mandela knew it!

Australian Politics does have a 'future' though - but its future is really to support 'the Family' and the raising of kids (population). Art is the 'Power' of the Individual and will soon be the biggest 'money' earner here as a formidable industry that leaves Weta Workshop for NZ like a minor effort.

So - giving Teachers Guns is definitely not the answer (because they can and will shoot kids down the line ...it only takes one).
So what is the answer then - if Politics/Military can't provide the 'right' answer??

Don't know. BUT I DO KNOW AMERICAN ARMS manufacturing is laughing all the way to the BANK.!!

How many nations have put in orders in excess of billions of $ for new military armaments in the last couple of years. First it was IS .. now we have a new cold war. :roll

Well for Fucks sake... !!

The whole armaments industry has one hell of a lot to answer for. in terms of human deaths and injury and misery, this industry has no parallel.

MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. :up :up :up :up :du :du :du :du :du
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2018, 09:25

Will the kids who saw their mates gunned down successfully take on the NRA?

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2018/02/25/nra-outgunned-by-kids

Some reasons for optimism here.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2018, 09:29

And the NRA is furious at corporate boycotts that will strangle its source of funds:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2018/02/25/nra-boycott-florida-shooting

All good!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 26 Feb 2018, 13:29

HBS Guy wrote:Will the kids who saw their mates gunned down successfully take on the NRA?

April 20th they're boycotting school, bless their little cotton socks.

Kids can move mountains ... just look to the civil rights movement for historical evidence.
mothra
Duck

Postby mothra » 26 Feb 2018, 13:36

Barack Obama‏Verified account
@BarackObama
Follow Follow @BarackObama
More

Young people have helped lead all our great movements. How inspiring to see it again in so many smart, fearless students standing up for their right to be safe; marching and organizing to remake the world as it should be. We've been waiting for you. And we've got your backs.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/966704319658647553
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 26 Feb 2018, 16:54

mothra wrote:Barack Obama‏Verified account
@BarackObama
More

Young people have helped lead all our great movements. How inspiring to see it again in so many smart, fearless students standing up for their right to be safe; marching and organizing to remake the world as it should be. We've been waiting for you. And we've got your backs.

do you think Barrack might consider running for the job of Australian PM? :thumb
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2018, 17:03

Another King O’Malley? wouldn’t mind but can’t see it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 28 Feb 2018, 01:57

johnsmith wrote:

Try to follow the bouncing ball and I'll see if I can explain it to you in simpler terms.

In this case, stupid means anyone who thinks the answer to Americas gun problem is more guns.

Just imagine if someone here suggested that the answer to the African gang problem in Melbourne is more African gangs

You think you're pretty cagey but you can't even explain what a bouncing ball is :beer :beer :beer
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 28 Feb 2018, 01:59

johnsmith wrote:
MilesAway wrote:All you did was crap on about something you didn't even believe in the first place!

i qualified my comments with 'in theory' because I'm talking about my understanding of the situation, not talking political history. Something that was a dead giveaway if you'd read the first 3 words of my sentence ' I struggle to understand'

You don't even talk in circles mate: you're just flat out full of it!

:bike
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 28 Feb 2018, 02:04

mothra wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Will the kids who saw their mates gunned down successfully take on the NRA?

April 20th they're boycotting school, bless their little cotton socks.

Kids can move mountains ... just look to the civil rights movement for historical evidence.

That is a silver lining.... :OMG
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 28 Feb 2018, 23:18

mothra wrote:Barack Obama‏Verified account
@BarackObama
More

YES > IN PREVIOUS TIMES THE YOUNG WERE AT THE FOREFRONT. tHEY WERE OFTEN THE CANNON FODDER FOR THE WARS OF THE 18TH 19TH AND 20TH cENTURIES., AND ,?

i CAN ONLY POINT TO ALEXANDER THE GREAT AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOUTH HAS BEEN, AND IS, CAPABLE OF.

Of course todays world, although no less complex in human relations terms, now, is externally much more demanding for individuals to navigate. Life is much more complex.

AND YET?

the HUMAN has the same needs and wants... we seem to have stalled in our ongoing adaptation to life.

I wonder what will happen.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 01 Mar 2018, 10:04

johnsmith wrote:

US Lifeguards To Carry Sharks, To Protect Beachgoers From Future Shark Attacks

Donald Trump has proposed radical new measures that would see lifeguards on US beaches carrying live sharks, in an attempt to limit the number of deaths caused by sharks.

35 people have died of shark attacks on US beaches, a number that could have been reduced to zero had staff been trained to carry and use sharks, the President said.

“Last year a young teenager tragically died in California after being bitten by a shark. He was defenceless. Imagine how different it might have been if the lifeguard on duty was armed with a shark”.

The National Shark Association (NSA), a group that advocates for the rights for Americans to bear sharks, said it would fight any attempts to control shark ownership. “The only way to stop a bad guy with a shark is with a good guy with a shark,” a spokesperson said. He said that shark attacks were a mental health issue.

Meanwhile, other groups have called for shark ownership to be restricted to smaller sharks, with more dangerous great white sharks to be outlawed.

A beach town in Texas is considering legislation that would require all beachgoers to carry a shark at all times.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/02/25/us-lifeguards-to-carry-sharks/
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Mar 2018, 10:39

Good old Shovel! :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Vulcan » 01 Mar 2018, 11:04

Can tell from Trumps body language and presentation that to arm Teachers with Guns - was not his idea. He didn't have one (answer) of his own, but he just used his 'advisors from the Military & Police side of things to give him an answer: More Guns!

The Answer is simple:

USA Power (Politics & Military) have Guns.
USA People (Art & Religion) also have Guns.

King William (soon) will 'remove' the Union Jack from the Australian Flag "You Aussies are on your own. Good riddance!"
Australia forced to become a Republic wether it likes it or not.
Australian people forced to defend themselves like a wagon train in a circle from Indians.
Australian people become 'armed' with Guns.

...Australian People (Political & Military) now have Guns.
(stole them from the Art & Religious people of USA)
Australian Power (Art & Religion) still don't have guns.

So you see - its just a cultural thing in the scheme of things.
All will work out.

Still don't understand?
Well Australian Politics & Military was never meant to be a 'Power' like in the Northern Hemisphere of USA & UK. It is designed to be a 'People'.
Art & Religion on the other hand is meant to be a 'Power' down here ...not a 'people' (like in the USA).
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Politics