Barnaby bombs out

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Barnaby bombs out

Postby johnsmith » 17 Feb 2018, 09:00

Vulcan wrote:Looks like it could actually happen,

won't happen .... this will blow over. The nats will ditch barnaby before they ditch the libs.

Power (or the perception of power, real or otherwise) is more important to them than anything else
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Feb 2018, 09:04

The gNats will never ditch the Libs because if they did the Libs would run a candidate in and win all Nats seats bar one or two.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Feb 2018, 21:30

Oh dear

It’s a brave man who, having been calamitously dacked, strides forth with beef swellington and grumblecharms swinging in the breeze to call out the nearest fully-trousered gent for going disgracefully exposed in the public thoroughfares. Brave. Or stupid. Or simply incapable of shame. Barnabus Joyce decided to be that brave, shameless, vaguely man-shaped thing, crudely carved from a spoiled tuck shop ham, when he decided that Wednesday was the day to call out Bill Shorten as “a total and utter hypocrite who you cannot trust.”

https://aliensideboob.com/taste/joyse
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 17 Feb 2018, 22:18

johnsmith wrote:

won't happen .... this will blow over. The nats will ditch barnaby before they ditch the libs.

Power (or the perception of power, real or otherwise) is more important to them than anything else

I presume you are speaking from a Nat Party position here JS. :stop :WTF

Nationals might hope it goes away, but the rest of Australia doesn't feel quite so friendly towards Mr Joyce. :S
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 17 Feb 2018, 22:20

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Nationals might hope it goes away, but the rest of Australia doesn't feel quite so friendly towards Mr Joyce. :S

I understand you are saying the Nationals will depose Mr Joyce.

BUT..?

who will they replace him with?

:beer :beer :yak yak
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 17 Feb 2018, 22:41

pinkeye wrote:

no. Was referring to the nat/ lib coalition
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 17 Feb 2018, 22:42

pinkeye wrote:I understand you are saying the Nationals will depose Mr Joyce.

at this point i don't think it matter who. Barnaby is toxic.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Vulcan » 18 Feb 2018, 13:00

There is no sense of honour or even moral honour in Australian Political leadership - regardless of which 'party'.
Be they Democrat, ALP, Green, Independent, NLP, One Nation, etc - every one of those leaderships are 'failing' the industry/system and those that try to keep it going for the nation.

Maybe it's a 'cultural' thing, where Trump has shown strong leadership, even in the face of adversity from his nation's own Media - that the USA 'leader' represents the strongest aspect of USA Politics and its the rest of the Parties and Industry that 'fails' the Presidential position?
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Feb 2018, 09:41

Barnaby Joyce charged the taxpayer to stay overnight in Melbourne after attending an AFL game last year, before chartering a $6000 “special purpose” defence force flight back to Tamworth the following day. The Joyce issue will not die now:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/02/18/barnaby-joyce-expenses-afl-game/
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Feb 2018, 13:12

I think we are seeing the end of the Nats.

Barnyard has lost the support of a lot of New Englanders, especially the womenfolk.

Any seat the Nats lose to the Libs they won’t win back—no three cornered contests.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 19 Feb 2018, 22:45

HBS Guy wrote:I think we are seeing the end of the Nats.

Barnyard has lost the support of a lot of New Englanders, especially the womenfolk.

Any seat the Nats lose to the Libs they won’t win back—no three cornered contests.

One can only hope.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 20 Feb 2018, 15:47

and so it begins

Barnaby Joyce loses support of WA Nationals

Barnaby Joyce loses support of WA Nationals, says state leader Mia Davies

WA Nationals leader Mia Davies says Barnaby Joyce has lost the support of the party in Western Australia because of the "ongoing damage" he is causing the party.

In a statement, Ms Davies urged him to resign as leader, saying said she had contacted Mr Joyce to tell him of the branch's decision.

"Mr Joyce's actions have caused pain for his family but it is the ongoing damage Mr Joyce is causing The Nationals organisation that is of greatest concern to me as WA Leader," the statement said.

"The Nationals brand across regional Western Australia has suffered as a result of Mr Joyce's actions and he has become a distraction at both federal and state level."

Ms Davies said Mr Joyce should stand down as Nationals leader.

"My parliamentary colleagues and I have urged Mr Joyce to consider his position as leader in the best interests of the federal party and state branches," the statement said.

"It is the view of the Parliamentary National Party of Western Australia that Mr Joyce's position as federal leader is no longer tenable.

"I recognise Mr Joyce for his service to the party over many years and acknowledge his work dedicated to the people of regional Australia."

The WA Nationals are affiliated to the National Party of Australia but have their own separate structure.

More to come.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 20 Feb 2018, 15:52

and on another story

Eight Nationals in the party room want Joyce gone

Barnaby Joyce not returning Mathias Cormann's call, but sent message via journalist that he won't resign

Barnaby Joyce has not returned a phone call to Cabinet colleague Mathias Cormann, but he did dial a journalist to let it be known he will not resign.

The Deputy Prime Minister is on a week's leave to sort out his personal crisis as he deals with the fallout from his marriage ending and the pending arrival of a new baby.

In other circumstances he would have been acting prime minister from tomorrow when Malcolm Turnbull flies to the United States.

But Senator Cormann was given the honour of acting as PM instead.

He said today he had unsuccessfully tried to call Mr Joyce.

"I have left a voicemail message for him, we haven't had a chance to talk, no," Senator Cormann said.

But despite being on leave, Mr Joyce has spoken to a Fairfax journalist, declaring he is determined not to budge from the Nationals leadership.

Senior figures in the Nationals held a phone hook-up yesterday to discuss how to manage the crisis in the party.

The problems intensified when one of the ministers considered likely to be the next leader, Michael McCormack, repeatedly refused to rule out a challenge on Monday.

Mr McCormack eventually said he supported Mr Joyce, but his comments were probably enough to prompt Mr Joyce to make it known he has no intention of quitting.

Eight Nationals in the party room want Joyce gone

Prioritising the call that would send a message to his colleagues over a chat to a Liberal Cabinet colleague makes strategic sense for Mr Joyce, because Liberals — including Senator Cormann — are trying to take a hands-off approach to the Nationals problem.

"Barnaby Joyce is a good friend and valued colleague, he's an effective senior politician," Senator Cormann said.

"He's made a significant contribution in the past and I'm sure he will make a significant contribution in the future. What form that will take is matter for the National Party."

Instead of a post card from his holiday, Mr Joyce has sent a message via the front page to make it clear he has no intention of stepping down.

His colleagues are now in no doubt about that, but not all of them agree that he should stay.

About eight Nationals in the party room of 21 think he should quit the leadership, while another eight want him to keep his job. The rest are unsure.

That makes it difficult to resolve despite the increasing pressure from party elders for the Nationals to find a way to end the stand-off.

The WA Nationals publicly withdrew their support for Mr Joyce on Tuesday afternoon, with state leader Mia Davies saying he was causing "ongoing damage" to the party.

Former leader Tim Fischer told The Conversation the matter had to be resolved quickly.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby MilesAway » 21 Feb 2018, 02:29

Stagnation is close to death....

Enough said, "NEXT!"

:zzzz
MilesAway
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 21 Feb 2018, 22:51

MilesAway wrote:Stagnation is close to death....

Enough said, "NEXT!"

:zzzz

Just what Mr Joyce wants. He wants to be old news.
He is bluffing it out, just like Trump.

Gawd.!! What is wrong with this country.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 22 Feb 2018, 16:56

Barnaby Joyce should resign, Nationals backbencher Andrew Broad says

Barnaby Joyce should quit the frontbench, his Nationals colleague Andrew Broad has announced.

The Member for Mallee told the ABC Mr Joyce should resign as Deputy Prime Minister to "spend some time on the backbench", making him the first federal Nationals MP to publicly air an opinion that the party leader should step down.

Members of the National Party are due to meet in Canberra next week.

Mr Broad said he would tell that meeting Mr Joyce should resign as leader and go to the backbench for a time.

His colleague Ian Macdonald, an LNP senator, made similar calls for Mr Joyce to step aside as leader last Saturday.

Mr Broad said the fact that Mr Joyce was not able to be acting prime minister while Malcolm Turnbull is in the United States influenced his decision.

"I need to know as a Member of Parliament that the person who is going to be the acting prime minister has got their mind on the job," he said.

"At this point in time it is not fit for Barnaby to … step up as acting PM.

"The Prime Minister has seen that to be evident at this point for Barnaby's best interest, and for the national best interest and for the National Party's best interest."

Earlier today Mr Broad hinted at his feelings about the Nationals leadership on Twitter, sharing a quote from the late evangelist Billy Graham.

Andrew Broad MP
@broad4mallee
Quote from the late Billy Graham “when wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost”... telling words for the Leadership of the National Party.

Mr Joyce has said this week he has no intention of quitting as leader.

If he did lose his job as Nationals leader it would mean the nation would have a new deputy prime minister.

Veterans Affairs Minister Michael McCormack is considered favourite to replace Mr Joyce if there is a leadership change

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/barnaby-joyce-should-resign-says-andrew-broad/9475240

and the screws keep turning tighter and tighter
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 22 Feb 2018, 22:21

Nationals confirm formal complaint made against Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce

The National Party has confirmed a formal complaint has been made against Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce.

The ABC understands the complaint is in relation to allegation of sexual harassment involving a West Australian woman and Mr Joyce.

Mr Joyce said he had been "made indirectly aware" of the allegation and described the claim as "spurious and defamatory".

A spokesman for the Deputy Prime Minister said "allegations of wrongdoing should be immediately referred to police so that the veracity of any claim could be properly tested".

"All complaints are taken seriously and treated with the strict confidentiality and given due process," the National Party federal director Ben Hindmarsh said in a statement.

WA Police said they had not received a complaint about Mr Joyce.

The ABC has been told the ongoing issues surrounding Mr Joyce and his affair with a former staffer were discussed in a closed session of the WA Nationals State Council at Bindoon on Saturday.

On Tuesday, WA Nationals MPs then held a regular partyroom meeting where the sexual harassment complaint against Mr Joyce was raised.

The ABC has been told the complainant is not a WA Nationals MP or staffer but she holds a prominent role in the WA regions.

Nationals Minister Nigel Scullion was asked for his view on the allegation as the story broke, but told ABC Radio National he had not heard of the complaint.

Mr Joyce has taken leave to focus on his personal life, after it became public he was expecting a child with his former media adviser.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/sexual-harassment-allegation-made-against-barnaby-joyce/9475694

looks like the nats have had enough and are now trying to sink him themselves
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Feb 2018, 22:29

Scullion is not a Nat as such, LCP or whatever the NT has.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Feb 2018, 13:43

One corrupt arsehole—GORN! Gone to the backbench, no Ministerial role. Soon, out of Parliament I hope!

Will the spinesless spiv turdfull now demand his Agreement with the Nats be renegotiated? Strike while the iron is hot I say. Will see.

But—the bad guys suffered a loss today and that is good!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 23 Feb 2018, 15:05

Barnaby is GONE

FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 23 Feb 2018, 16:06

mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 24 Feb 2018, 00:59

johnsmith wrote:Barnaby is GONE

It is GOOD.~

Never in doubt, despite the ahole dragging it out. Maybe it's got something to do with his length in Parliament, and his pension.?
:roll I'd put nothing past him.

Wonder how he'll behave now.? Looks like he has some possible criminal charges against him.
Sexual Harassment.
Not surprised. I'd be surprised if she were the only one.

Never liked him. A fox in a hen house.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2018, 09:10

Michael McCormack will be sworn in as Deputy Prime Minister after being elected the new leader of the National Party on Monday.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2018/02/26/michael-mccormack-nationals-leader-deputy-pm/

Anybody know anything about the guy?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 26 Feb 2018, 10:33

HBS Guy wrote:
Michael McCormack will be sworn in as Deputy Prime Minister after being elected the new leader of the National Party on Monday.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2018/02/26/michael-mccormack-nationals-leader-deputy-pm/

Anybody know anything about the guy?

thank christ the fat fucker christensen didn't win ......... what a disaster that would have been :grn :grn :grn
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Feb 2018, 11:02

No, I wish he would have won—collapse of the Lib govt!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Politics