Right Wing = Sexy

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Right Wing = Sexy

Postby MilesAway » 31 Jan 2018, 13:34

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... tudy-finds

Yeh, if you want you dick ripped off!
MilesAway
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Re: Right Wing = Sexy

Postby MilesAway » 31 Jan 2018, 13:38

They said a connection between an individual’s physical attractiveness and political beliefs could be revealed. They found that attractive people faced fewer hurdles navigating the social world and were more likely to be conservative due to the blind spot theory.

“In a sense, attractive individuals have a blind spot that leads them to not see the need for more government support or aid in society,” Palmer and Peterson argue.
<<

Hmm, I wonder how many of my cousins are right wing? Oh, wait, they all are!

They all need something to eat: they are all so hangry and just slit each other’s throats!
MilesAway
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 31 Jan 2018, 14:31

bet that study was done by a conservanut :oops
johnsmith
Jaguar

Postby Lefty » 31 Jan 2018, 15:00

johnsmith wrote:bet that study was done by a conservanut :oops

On the back of a beer coaster.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby Lefty » 31 Jan 2018, 15:01

No wonder all of my comrades in the union were butt-ugly :purple
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby johnsmith » 31 Jan 2018, 15:57

Lefty wrote:No wonder all of my comrades in the union were butt-ugly :purple

do you typically rate your male comrades?
johnsmith
Jaguar

Postby MilesAway » 31 Jan 2018, 16:36

johnsmith wrote:bet that study was done by a conservanut :oops

“For 500 dollars/(a house and a meal for life):What is a Chicken Head, ... oops I mean,....sugar daddy?”

:beer

:roll
MilesAway
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 01 Feb 2018, 21:12

to quote phil on ozpol

Good looks compensate for lack of brains OBVIOUSLY???
johnsmith
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 01 Feb 2018, 23:36

Yet Hollywood is notoriously left.

Beautiful people anyone?
mothra
Cheetah

Postby MilesAway » 02 Feb 2018, 18:05

mothra wrote:Yet Hollywood is notoriously left.

Beautiful people anyone?

The righties aren’t allowed to mix with other men :jump
MilesAway
mountain lion

Postby CaesarAugustus » 03 Feb 2018, 22:29

This is partially true. Ugly women believe that the system is totally geared against them. They're annoyed that men aren't attracted to them and blame the 'Patriarchy' instead of trying to improve their life and better people.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby CaesarAugustus » 03 Feb 2018, 22:30

Beautiful people anyone?

But, do you think that most actors and actresses are actually left? They're left because if they don't subscribe to it, they'll lose their jobs.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby johnsmith » 03 Feb 2018, 23:02

CaesarAugustus wrote:They're left because if they don't subscribe to it, they'll lose their jobs.

i think that's a load of bullshit perpetrated by the right as part of their constant attempts to play the victims to the left
johnsmith
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 03 Feb 2018, 23:43

CaesarAugustus wrote:

Beautiful people anyone?

But, do you think that most actors and actresses are actually left? They're left because if they don't subscribe to it, they'll lose their jobs.

Complacency is all that is required for conformity.

Your theory doesn't account for the high levels of activism.
mothra
Cheetah

Postby CaesarAugustus » 04 Feb 2018, 13:08

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:They're left because if they don't subscribe to it, they'll lose their jobs.

i think that's a load of bullshit perpetrated by the right as part of their constant attempts to play the victims to the left

No, it is a fact.
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby CaesarAugustus » 04 Feb 2018, 13:08

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

Beautiful people anyone?

Their activism is part of the act.
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby johnsmith » 04 Feb 2018, 13:46

CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

No, it is a fact.

you wish

James earl jones, Vince Vaughn, Walk Disney, Robert Duval, Stallone, Chick norris, Owen Wilson, Adam Sandler, Cint eastwood, bruce willis, James Caan, Patricia Heaton, Dwayne Johnson, Sara Michelle Geller, Jessica Simpson, Tom Selleck, Craig Nelson, Mel Gibson, Leslie Neilson, Julie Bowen, Jerry Bruckheimer, Kristen Chenoweth are just SOME Republican supporters whos careers haven't suffered for it, and I'm sure if I looked more I'd find a hell of a lot more.

Like I said, it's BULLSHIT
johnsmith
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 04 Feb 2018, 14:45

CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

Beautiful people anyone?

Before i commit myself to commenting on that, are you actually serious?
mothra
Cheetah

Postby CaesarAugustus » 04 Feb 2018, 23:09

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

No, it is a fact.

you wish

James earl jones, Vince Vaughn, Walk Disney, Robert Duval, Stallone, Chick norris, Owen Wilson, Adam Sandler, Cint eastwood, bruce willis, James Caan, Patricia Heaton, Dwayne Johnson, Sara Michelle Geller, Jessica Simpson, Tom Selleck, Craig Nelson, Mel Gibson, Leslie Neilson, Julie Bowen, Jerry Bruckheimer, Kristen Chenoweth are just SOME Republican supporters whos careers haven't suffered for it, and I'm sure if I looked more I'd find a hell of a lot more.

Can you name me any new movies in which these actors are in?
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby CaesarAugustus » 04 Feb 2018, 23:11

mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

Beautiful people anyone?

Absolutely. It's called virtue-signalling: it's designed to enhance their perception in the media, which leads to greater recognition and career opportunities. Just like politicians lie and participate in events, so do celebrities.
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby johnsmith » 06 Feb 2018, 22:28

CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

No, it is a fact.

you wish

clint eastwood has a movie coming out next week (directing, i don't think he's acting in it), James earl jones is in 'The last Jedi' which is at cinemas now, Vince Vaughn and Dwayne johnson both star in a movie 'Fighting with My Family' to be released later this year, Patricia heaton stars in 'The middle' as well as currently working on a new series called Winners which NBC has given a script commitment to (early stages) , Adam sandler is working on a project with chris rock for netflix, Cann made his latest movie in 2016, but at 77yrs of age, you can excuse him for slowing down a little, Craig nelson is due to star in the sequel to 'The Incredibles' due out later this year, Mel Gibson is acting in a movie ' Every Other Weekend' that has yet to be given a release date, as well as producing 'passion of the christ 2', Jerry bruckheimer is producing a sequel in the 'bad boys' series with Will smith and Martin Lawrence, Kristen Chenoweth is touring with Andrea Bocelli

i may have missed one or two but I think that can be excused given that most actors don't release a new movie every year single year

stop believing all the hype spat out by the right.
johnsmith
Jaguar

Postby mothra » 07 Feb 2018, 17:28

CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
mothra wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

Beautiful people anyone?

Absolutely. It's called virtue-signalling: it's designed to enhance their perception in the media, which leads to greater recognition and career opportunities. Just like politicians lie and participate in events, so do celebrities.

You've been hanging out on Ozpol too long. It's seriously warped your thinking.

Virtue signalling ... lol. The new buzz phrase for people embarrassed by their own lack of ethical integrity.
mothra
Cheetah

Postby CaesarAugustus » 15 Feb 2018, 13:22

johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

No, it is a fact.

you wish

clint eastwood has a movie coming out next week (directing, i don't think he's acting in it), James earl jones is in 'The last Jedi' which is at cinemas now, Vince Vaughn and Dwayne johnson both star in a movie 'Fighting with My Family' to be released later this year, Patricia heaton stars in 'The middle' as well as currently working on a new series called Winners which NBC has given a script commitment to (early stages) , Adam sandler is working on a project with chris rock for netflix, Cann made his latest movie in 2016, but at 77yrs of age, you can excuse him for slowing down a little, Craig nelson is due to star in the sequel to 'The Incredibles' due out later this year, Mel Gibson is acting in a movie ' Every Other Weekend' that has yet to be given a release date, as well as producing 'passion of the christ 2', Jerry bruckheimer is producing a sequel in the 'bad boys' series with Will smith and Martin Lawrence, Kristen Chenoweth is touring with Andrea Bocelli

i may have missed one or two but I think that can be excused given that most actors don't release a new movie every year single year

Ok, let me rephrase it: do you know any actors who support Trump who have had movie parts recently?

Here's an article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4956924/James-Woods-says-hes-retiring-film-selling-house.html. Actor James Woods is no longer being chosen for parts because he supports Trump.

It's true that many actors/directors are Republicans. That was my mistake. The real question is: are there any actors who support Trump who are in recent movies??
Last edited by CaesarAugustus on 15 Feb 2018, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby CaesarAugustus » 15 Feb 2018, 13:24

You've been hanging out on Ozpol too long. It's seriously warped your thinking.

Virtue signalling ... lol. The new buzz phrase for people embarrassed by their own lack of ethical integrity.

So, when JK Rowling goes on about how Britain should take in more refugees but refuses to house any of them in her homes notwithstanding that she lives in million-dollar mansions, you don't find that a bit hypocritical?

And are you implying that I lack 'ethical integrity' just because I don't espouse beliefs that I can't live up to??
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2018, 13:46

CaesarAugustus wrote:Ok, let me rephrase it: do you know any actors who support Trump who have had movie parts recently?

they are recent. Those listed have all had recent releases, or movies in post production that have yet to be released

Want some more?

John Ratzenberger in Incredbles 2, coming out next June

Stacey Dash to star in a movie coming out sometime this year called Honour Up

Robert Davi is staring in a movie currently in post production called 'Reagan' ... release date not yet decided

Gary Busey - is to be in an upcoming series of 'Celebrity big brother US'

Teresa Giudice - real housewives of New jersey

I'll repeat for you

James wood is looking for excuses.

Edited, he is also highly litigious dragging multiple people through court, a racist and is one of those actors accused in the #metoo campaign .... yet you think he's not been given roles recently because he supported trump? Perhaps if he weren't such a wanker he'd be better placed.
johnsmith
Jaguar

Next

Return to Politics