Wow, a Qld Labor project for NQ

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Wow, a Qld Labor project for NQ

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Dec 2017, 19:59

REGIONAL Queenslanders will be able to access cheaper, more efficient internet under State Government plans for a broadband rival to the problem-plagued NBN.

The Government will look at making available space capacity on optical fibre networks used by state-owned corporations such as Energy Queensland to boost connectivity for thousands of families.

The publicly-owned network stretches more than 4000km up the coast – through cities such as Maryborough, Bundaberg, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns.

It reaches as far north as the resort town of Port Douglas and inland to Toowoomba, Roma, Charters Towers, Cloncurry and Mount Isa.

The plan was an election campaign promise that went under the radar.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/technology/nbn-rollout-queensland-plans-rival-broadband-network/news-story/?nk=853f938dfa999fbe82de66354ce3e0f3-1513502165

With the MTM not much more than a joke this initiative, perhaps copied/adapted from the SA govt gigabit network, this should boost employment, high wage employment! For example, a lot of primary producers and factories processing primary product will now be able to get market information and track their product past farm or factory gate. Don’t think so? I read the Hansard of the early meetings of the Economics Committee of the NBN and tracking produce was the main desire from rural areas.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Wow, a Qld Labor project for NQ

Postby johnsmith » 17 Dec 2017, 20:31

sounds interesting ..... but bigol won't be happy because it doesn't involve digging huge holes.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Dec 2017, 20:51

My thoughts exactly.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 17 Dec 2017, 22:33

johnsmith wrote:sounds interesting ..... but bigol won't be happy because it doesn't involve digging huge holes.

:bgrin :bgrin

shame
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 17 Dec 2017, 22:35

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:sounds interesting ..... but bigol won't be happy because it doesn't involve digging huge holes.

:bgrin :bgrin

shame

you just can't help those that won't help themselves.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby BigOl64 » 18 Dec 2017, 17:28

We have NBN and it works fine.

That cunt promised a dinky fuck all project and here she is delivering her promise, who gives a fuck.

She destroyed a $16 bil project, come back when she has got another one to replace the one she reneged on.

I don't care what the project is so long as is a decent project with a large employment base, just like the one she torpedoed.

But feel masturbate furiously as your southern useless piece of shit pretends to govern for all Queenslanders
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Dec 2017, 17:33

Coal is going down the gurgler.

FTTH can create high wage jobs.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 18 Dec 2017, 17:40

HBS Guy wrote:Coal is going down the gurgler.

Hang on why exactly why would we want another one, as I said we already have the NBN and have had for years. So can you or the cunt from brisbane explain this massive waste of money to build a FTTH when we have a working NBN?

Remember she is a filthy lying cunt her word is less than worthless, and by this project a stupid cunt as well.

Your understanding of coal is minuscule and your constant posting of ignorant statements proves that.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Dec 2017, 19:29

Port of Newcastle is looking ahead and wants to attract non-coal freight.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 18 Dec 2017, 22:20

BigOl64 wrote:

Hang on why exactly why would we want another one, as I said we already have the NBN and have had for years. So can you or the cunt from brisbane explain this massive waste of money to build a FTTH when we have a working NBN?

Remember she is a filthy lying cunt her word is less than worthless, and by this project a stupid cunt as well.

Your understanding of coal is minuscule and your constant posting of ignorant statements proves that.

tsk tsk such lack of content :roll

YOU have NOT had the NBN for yrs. We'll never hear the end of it when you do. :roll :purple
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Dec 2017, 22:30

Townsville has the NBN, partly at least FTTH but there would be vast stretches of NQ (and west Qld) that do not and any rolled out by the bloody Libs would be FTTN/FW/Sat. FTTH would be a vast improvement and make things possible that would lead to new jobs.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 19 Dec 2017, 18:59

pinkeye wrote:
BigOl64 wrote:

tsk tsk such lack of content :roll

YOU have NOT had the NBN for yrs. We'll never hear the end of it when you do. :roll :purple

Jeez you're such an idiot, we have had the NBN for several years now. as I said several times, and it works fine, nothing at
all to complain about

Still not one of you labor apologist have justified why the cunt from brisbane should build a second NBN when we already have one. A very expensive one at that.

We could do with a power station that provides base load power, seems incredibly stupid to provide something we have and deny us something we need.

But then Im not a fuckheaded labor voter am I?
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby BigOl64 » 19 Dec 2017, 19:01

HBS Guy wrote:Townsville has the NBN, partly at least FTTH but there would be vast stretches of NQ (and west Qld) that do not and any rolled out by the bloody Libs would be FTTN/FW/Sat. FTTH would be a vast improvement and make things possible that would lead to new jobs.

But is is coming isn't it qwe like everyone else either have the NBN or are getting the NBN, why the fuck do we need another one?

Why would I change from the NBN I have and that works fine, to use one built by that cunt that may also work fine, but not a single person needs?
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby BigOl64 » 19 Dec 2017, 19:03

HBS Guy wrote:Port of Newcastle is looking ahead and wants to attract non-coal freight.

But is still loads coal doesn't it?

If so, your other point seems a bit silly, some ports only load one thing, some load multiple things, not just the one you mentioned.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Dec 2017, 19:12

Nope!

Not all places in rural Qld have the NBN and FTTN/FW/Sat are third or fourth rate solutions. With the fibre already in place needing only fibre to be rolled out (overhead would do and is very cheap) into towns and townships a huge boost to productivity and new services.

Coal is rapidly becoming less and less flavor of the month with renewables becoming cheaper than coal.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 20 Dec 2017, 19:01

HBS Guy wrote:Nope!

Not all places in rural Qld have the NBN and FTTN/FW/Sat are third or fourth rate solutions. With the fibre already in place needing only fibre to be rolled out (overhead would do and is very cheap) into towns and townships a huge boost to productivity and new services.

Coal is rapidly becoming less and less flavor of the month with renewables becoming cheaper than coal.

Nothing about the NBN is cheap, but you know what is incredibly stupid, build 2 fucking NBNs.

Australia already has one being build including all of QLD what in the living fuck would want 2 NBNs?

Seriously why?

We wanted a power station as we have none, but instead we are getting an extra fucking NBN. This stupid cunt is out of fucking control.

When solar and wind provide constant reliable cheap base load power in any part of the world, then it will be worth talking about, but that is a fucking long, long way off.

This pie in the sky horse shit passing itself off as reliable power is a fucking joke and will be for decades, we need power now not in 30 or 40 years time if at all.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby BigOl64 » 20 Dec 2017, 19:03

HBS Guy wrote:Nope!

Nothing about the NBN is cheap, but you know what is incredibly stupid, build 2 fucking NBNs.

Australia already has one being build including all of QLD what in the living fuck would want 2 NBNs?

Seriously why?

We wanted a power station as we have none, but instead we are getting an extra fucking NBN. This stupid cunt is out of fucking control.

When solar and wind provide constant reliable cheap base load power in any part of the world, then it will be worth talking about, but that is a fucking long, long way off.

This pie in the sky horse shit passing itself off as reliable power is a fucking joke and will be for decades, we need power now not in 30 or 40 years time if at all.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Dec 2017, 19:43

No. If the NBN you have is not FTTH you don’t have the NBN. I imagine vest swathes of rural Qld don’t have the NBN.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 21 Dec 2017, 19:12

HBS Guy wrote:No. If the NBN you have is not FTTH you don’t have the NBN. I imagine vest swathes of rural Qld don’t have the NBN.

And how much is going to cost the QLD taxpayer to run FTTH for every single rural and regional house hold exactly?

As I said we have NBN, in what ever version that may be and it works just fine I run Netflix and foxtel through it and no problems, so why would I want another one?

Believe it or not Im not alone here no-one in NQ asked for another fucking NBN, we did ask for a base load power station and a PET Scanner, and support for any major projects that came our way, but it has been decided by the cunt from brisbane that she knows best about what we want and ignored any and all request from us.

What a fucking great leader that cunt is.
BigOl64
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Dec 2017, 20:52

Not every bloody house. You DO have brains I trust? Or is it all just reflex with you?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lefty » 22 Dec 2017, 11:02

HBS Guy wrote:Not every bloody house. You DO have brains I trust? Or is it all just reflex with you?

He's not actually a person, he's just a bot programmed to spray abuse :bike
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Dec 2017, 11:09

FTTN is slow and unreliable, Fixed Wireless has inadequate backhaul so does not do what it could do and Satellite is slow, overloaded and has high latency.

Forget all that crap.

FTTH would give TRUE, superfast rock steady broadband, the broadband that allows real commercial use! It will do MUCH more for NQ than a hole in the ground.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lefty » 22 Dec 2017, 11:10

Maybe he could learn to be satisfied with trenches? Lots of small trenches add up to make one big ole.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Dec 2017, 11:21

I would say overhead fibre would be the go. There is special fibre cable specifically made to be rolled out overhead. Cheaper than trenching or trying to use Telstra conduit.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lefty » 22 Dec 2017, 11:24

HBS Guy wrote:I would say overhead fibre would be the go. There is special fibre cable specifically made to be rolled out overhead. Cheaper than trenching or trying to use Telstra conduit.

Sounds interesting. Do they just attach it to existing power poles etc
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Next

Return to Politics