A case for a new State: Northern Australia

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: A case for a new State: Northern Australia

Postby Auggie » 15 Nov 2017, 11:36

BigOl64 wrote:
Auggie wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Ok, fair enough!

Don’t listen to Big Ol, he’s a twat who doesn’t know anything.

The answer: return Northern Territory to South Australia. Well do a better job than the feds.

You are a total fuckwit son.

I have never agreed to do anything with the NT other than leave it alone, I am only talking about NQ becoming its own state, nothing else, So try do try to stay on target.

And you know that NT used to be part of South Australia, until the Government thereof gave up? Prime Minister Deakin said some bullshit about the fear of another country taking over the NT. What absolute crap! The Commonwealth just didn't want South Australia to have so much power and influence.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar

spamone: Animal

Postby Bam » 15 Nov 2017, 17:30

It could be worse. Australia could have looked like this.

We need to look at the state borders, they seriously messed up some of them.

* Victoria's border with SA is 4 km west of where it should be.
* Victoria has an 80-metre land border with Tasmania because a few islands were farther north than they thought.
* WA has a 100-metre land border with the Northern Territory that runs east-west.

We also need to make a few adjustments. Put the whole of the Gold Coast airport into Queensland and move the town of Queanbeyan into the ACT.

As for new states:
* The city of Brisbane and the surrounding areas (including Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast) should secede from the rest of Queensland and become the Free State of Brisvegas. Then they can have daylight saving, it's only the rest of Queensland that's holding Brisbane back.
* The New England district of NSW can secede from NSW. NSW is too large and unwieldy and we should revive the old tradition of carving off bits of NSW to make new states.
Bam
puppy

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Nov 2017, 17:49

If the SA–Vic border is wrong, what about the NSW–SA border?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 15 Nov 2017, 19:16

Auggie wrote:
BigOl64 wrote:
Auggie wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Ok, fair enough!

Don’t listen to Big Ol, he’s a twat who doesn’t know anything.

The answer: return Northern Territory to South Australia. Well do a better job than the feds.

You are a total fuckwit son.

I have never agreed to do anything with the NT other than leave it alone, I am only talking about NQ becoming its own state, nothing else, So try do try to stay on target.

And you know that NT used to be part of South Australia, until the Government thereof gave up? Prime Minister Deakin said some bullshit about the fear of another country taking over the NT. What absolute crap! The Commonwealth just didn't want South Australia to have so much power and influence.

Even though I and every other Australian primary school child did know the NT was part of SA, I do not give a fuck about the relationship between SA and the NT?

So so please exclude me from any conversation about fucking SA and the NT or accuse me of not knowing anything when in fact I couldn't give a fuck about fucking SA.
BigOl64
Jack Russell

Postby Auggie » 16 Nov 2017, 12:06

Even though I and every other Australian primary school child did know the NT was part of SA, I do not give a fuck about the relationship between SA and the NT?

So so please exclude me from any conversation about fucking SA and the NT or accuse me of not knowing anything when in fact I couldn't give a fuck about fucking SA.

You should give a shit about SA. It is the most enlightened State; it was founded as a free-settler Colony.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Nov 2017, 14:23

SA currently has the cheapest electricity and is exporting electricity to Vic!

And some drongo on OzPol said that was not possible, that SA would NEVER export electricity. :rofl
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 16 Nov 2017, 19:02

Auggie wrote:

You should give a shit about SA. It is the most enlightened State; it was founded as a free-settler Colony.

So fucking what?

The place is a rolled gold sh1t hole, the only saving grace is its wines and I can buy them anywhere.
BigOl64
Jack Russell

Postby Francis » 16 Nov 2017, 21:43

Don't start me on defending S .A.

Because as territory lover and once living.

I will defend central Australia till my last breath departs.

You all know Alice Springs has had constant blackouts for over a month now?

What you care.. more importantly gays can now hold hands in Brisbane without fear of being convicted
Francis
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Nov 2017, 21:46

Sounds like Alice Springs needs to invest in a decent solar farm.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Francis » 16 Nov 2017, 21:47

Sounds to me like a 122 million could have been better spent
Francis
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Nov 2017, 21:49

Amen to that!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BigOl64 » 17 Nov 2017, 20:02

HBS Guy wrote:Sounds like Alice Springs needs to invest in a decent solar farm.

At least they will have some power, some of the time, just like they have now, yep money well spent

They need base load power, nothing else matters
BigOl64
Jack Russell

Postby BigOl64 » 17 Nov 2017, 20:03

Francis wrote:Don't start me on defending S .A.

Because as territory lover and once living.

I will defend central Australia till my last breath departs.

You all know Alice Springs has had constant blackouts for over a month now?

What you care.. more importantly gays can now hold hands in Brisbane without fear of being convicted

And so you should, as I do with North QLD

Also fuck brisbane.
BigOl64
Jack Russell

Postby Francis » 17 Nov 2017, 20:10

Exactly. ...get a reliable, affordable base load power supply in place in THE FIRST PLACE than develope orher technology around it.

Its pretty disgusting that in 2017 Australia hasn't the management that ensures basic power too northern Australia.

Than again. ...plenty of business in Melbourne are shutting shop because they can't afford power bills.

Tell me again why our politicians failures entitle them to great pensions after failing so badly?
Francis
Jack Russell

Previous

Return to Politics