Who cares if we're a Colony?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 06 Nov 2017, 20:11

MilesAway wrote:
Lefty wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Auggie wrote:The problem with Australia is that we've become increasingly centralized, relying on Canberra to solve all our problems. We need to rethink the relationship between the States and the Commonwealth, and allow each State more autonomy and control. The NBN project was a disaster because the Federal government took control of it. If each State had developed it owns plan, it would've more effective and cheaper. Look at NZ, and how well it's done on its own as an fully self-governing entity. If they had joined the Commonwealth, they would've been worse off.

Obviously, we can't unscramble the Federation egg, but we can start to see Australia as more of a 'continent' rather than a country.

I truly believe that each State would be better off if we abode by the principals of competitive federalism.


The NBN was a disaster because it was deliberately shot in both knees and then kerbstomped. Only in Australia (that I'm aware of) did something as fundamental as telephone moving in to replace the old telegraph system - "it's just the logical next step in communications infrastructure" according to a team of tech guys I had a conversation with - become so politicised that what could have easily been a world class system was reduced to a mess.

The current NBN debacle is an example of what happens when a conservative government opposed to progress takes office.

It's not a conservative govt: it's a fascist govt!


Probably a fair enough point - they are monumentally stupid wreckers at the very least! I mean FFS, who with half a brain would set out to deliberately sabotage such basic progress? It was never even a radical idea. It's no wonder they keep falling over themselves to gut this country of any truly productive and innovative capacity.

Auggie won't dare point the finger at the fake conservatives: he reckons it's the high court :roll

:bike

Oh yeh: the status quo is never wrong :bike :bike


It wasn’t the conservatives who prevented the states from levying their own income taxes. It was the high court.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 06 Nov 2017, 20:14

Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Lefty wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Auggie wrote:The problem with Australia is that we've become increasingly centralized, relying on Canberra to solve all our problems. We need to rethink the relationship between the States and the Commonwealth, and allow each State more autonomy and control. The NBN project was a disaster because the Federal government took control of it. If each State had developed it owns plan, it would've more effective and cheaper. Look at NZ, and how well it's done on its own as an fully self-governing entity. If they had joined the Commonwealth, they would've been worse off.

Obviously, we can't unscramble the Federation egg, but we can start to see Australia as more of a 'continent' rather than a country.

I truly believe that each State would be better off if we abode by the principals of competitive federalism.


The NBN was a disaster because it was deliberately shot in both knees and then kerbstomped. Only in Australia (that I'm aware of) did something as fundamental as telephone moving in to replace the old telegraph system - "it's just the logical next step in communications infrastructure" according to a team of tech guys I had a conversation with - become so politicised that what could have easily been a world class system was reduced to a mess.

The current NBN debacle is an example of what happens when a conservative government opposed to progress takes office.

It's not a conservative govt: it's a fascist govt!


Probably a fair enough point - they are monumentally stupid wreckers at the very leasI mean FFS, who with half a brain would set out to deliberately sabotage such basic progress? It was never even a radical idea. It's no wonder they keep falling over themselves to gut this country of any truly productive and innovative capacity.

Auggie won't dare point the finger at the fake conservatives: he reckons it's the high court :roll

:bike

Oh yeh: the status quo is never wrong :bike :bike


It wasn’t the conservatives who prevented the states from levying their own income taxes. It was the high court.

We were talking about the nbn: you should get off the special pills for the upper snob brigade buddy :bike

:oops
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 07 Nov 2017, 14:39

It wasn’t the conservatives who prevented the states from levying their own income taxes. It was the high court.

We were talking about the nbn: you should get off the special pills for the upper snob brigade buddy :bike

:oops


Still related to the same thing: just let the States build the infrastructure; it would be cheaper and more cost effective.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Nov 2017, 15:20

No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 41819
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 17:06

Auggie wrote:
It wasn’t the conservatives who prevented the states from levying their own income taxes. It was the high court.

We were talking about the nbn: you should get off the special pills for the upper snob brigade buddy :bike

:oops


Still related to the same thing: just let the States build the infrastructure; it would be cheaper and more cost effective.

Hey lets just say anything :jump
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 17:07

HBS Guy wrote:No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.

Auggie is just some insane feminist talking smack for reasons long past!
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 07 Nov 2017, 17:32

HBS Guy wrote:No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.


That’s all good in theory but in practice it hasn’t worked out, has it?

I’d rather have state and local governments determine nbn needs rather Canberra. ISPs can deliver services wherever they want; the cabling and infrastructure is a separate issue.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 07 Nov 2017, 17:33

MilesAway wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.

Auggie is just some insane feminist talking smack for reasons long past!


What makes you think I’m a woman?
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 17:44

Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.

Auggie is just some insane feminist talking smack for reasons long past!


What makes you think I’m a woman?

Who cares of you're a woman?
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 07 Nov 2017, 18:45

MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.

Auggie is just some insane feminist talking smack for reasons long past!


What makes you think I’m a woman?

Who cares of you're a woman?


You said I was a feminist ergo you thought I was a woman.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 18:54

Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.

Auggie is just some insane feminist talking smack for reasons long past!


What makes you think I’m a woman?

Who cares of you're a woman?


You said I was a feminist ergo you thought I was a woman.

You don't have to be a woman to be a feminist!

You just have to be stupid!
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 07 Nov 2017, 19:52

MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No bloody way!

Some infrastructure must be national, railways, the NBN etc. Single standard etc, work the most efficient way regardless of state boundaries.

We are also not a colony.

Auggie is just some insane feminist talking smack for reasons long past!


What makes you think I’m a woman?

Who cares of you're a woman?


You said I was a feminist ergo you thought I was a woman.

You don't have to be a woman to be a feminist!

You just have to be stupid!


Let me test your deductive reasoning here:

What have I said that makes me a feminist?

Careful now...
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 20:15

Auggie wrote:Let me test your deductive reasoning here:

What have I said that makes me a feminist?

Careful now...

"Let me test..."

"Careful now..."

:yellow

You're the biggest femenist w%{#} any femenist w#}% would ever dream of becoming buddy and you love it don't ya ay :bike :bike :bike

Go on.... Stick that knife in go on you know you want to :Hi
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 08 Nov 2017, 13:45

MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Let me test your deductive reasoning here:

What have I said that makes me a feminist?

Careful now...

"Let me test..."

"Careful now..."

:yellow

You're the biggest femenist w%{#} any femenist w#}% would ever dream of becoming buddy and you love it don't ya ay :bike :bike :bike

Go on.... Stick that knife in go on you know you want to :Hi


So no, no evidence as to how what I’ve said relates to feminism.

Your reasoning is astounding! :huh
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 09 Nov 2017, 13:24

Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Let me test your deductive reasoning here:

What have I said that makes me a feminist?

Careful now...

"Let me test..."

"Careful now..."


:yellow

You're the biggest femenist w%{#} any femenist w#}% would ever dream of becoming buddy and you love it don't ya ay :bike :bike :bike

Go on.... Stick that knife in go on you know you want to :Hi


So no, no evidence as to how what I’ve said relates to feminism.

Your reasoning is astounding! :huh

Can't you read?

:rofl
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 09 Nov 2017, 15:20

MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Let me test your deductive reasoning here:

What have I said that makes me a feminist?

Careful now...

"Let me test..."

"Careful now..."


:yellow

You're the biggest femenist w%{#} any femenist w#}% would ever dream of becoming buddy and you love it don't ya ay :bike :bike :bike

Go on.... Stick that knife in go on you know you want to :Hi


So no, no evidence as to how what I’ve said relates to feminism.

Your reasoning is astounding! :huh

Can't you read?

:rofl


I can read. Can you? Please outline and highlight where I have said anything that indicates that I'm a feminist?
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 09 Nov 2017, 15:52

Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Let me test your deductive reasoning here:

What have I said that makes me a feminist?

Careful now...

"Let me test..."

"Careful now..."


:yellow

You're the biggest femenist w%{#} any femenist w#}% would ever dream of becoming buddy and you love it don't ya ay :bike :bike :bike

Go on.... Stick that knife in go on you know you want to :Hi


So no, no evidence as to how what I’ve said relates to feminism.

Your reasoning is astounding! :huh

Can't you read?

:rofl


I can read. Can you? Please outline and highlight where I have said anything that indicates that I'm a feminist?

Are you colour blind too :meet
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 09 Nov 2017, 15:57

MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Let me test your deductive reasoning here:

What have I said that makes me a feminist?

Careful now...

"Let me test..."

"Careful now..."


:yellow

You're the biggest femenist w%{#} any femenist w#}% would ever dream of becoming buddy and you love it don't ya ay :bike :bike :bike

Go on.... Stick that knife in go on you know you want to :Hi


So no, no evidence as to how what I’ve said relates to feminism.

Your reasoning is astounding! :huh

Can't you read?

:rofl


I can read. Can you? Please outline and highlight where I have said anything that indicates that I'm a feminist?

Are you colour blind too :meet


Ah, dodging it!
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 09 Nov 2017, 19:36

Auggie wrote:Ah, dodging it!

You're a complete looper brother :beer
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 10 Nov 2017, 06:18

MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Ah, dodging it!

You're a complete looper brother :beer


You’re still miles away, mate...
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby MilesAway » 11 Nov 2017, 03:28

Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Ah, dodging it!

You're a complete looper brother :beer


You’re still miles away, mate...

Good answer :jump

Wow, I wish I was called your internet name :zzzz
User avatar
MilesAway
Feral cat
 
Posts: 242
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Who cares if we're a Colony?

Postby Auggie » 11 Nov 2017, 13:07

MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
Auggie wrote:Ah, dodging it!

You're a complete looper brother :beer


You’re still miles away, mate...

Good answer :jump

Wow, I wish I was called your internet name :zzzz


You do wish.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
Auggie
Red Czar
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:05
spamone: Animal

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron