The refugees are in a state of terror on Manus

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The refugees are in a state of terror on Manus

Postby Francis » 05 Nov 2017, 10:39

Do you vote green?
Francis
Jack Russell

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Nov 2017, 11:22

Vote Green? Never in a million years!

They are no longer left/progressive/environmental but neoconservatives.

I don’t like their (undeserved) holier-than-thou attitude or the “if we can’t have a whole loaf we won’t have any” meaning progress can never be made which is what the Greens want.

The Greens blocked the CPRS for party-political reasons. The Greens made the Gillard ETS fixed price which allowed abbott to rescind it.

Nah, I do not vote Green!

I prefer to vote for a party, warts and all, that stands for progress and nationbuilding, Labor.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 06 Nov 2017, 02:22

THANK GOODNESS .. the WORLD is finally taking notice of the disgusting inhumane and criminal acts of the LNP Govt.

Seen News from outside Australia have you?. No? Why not, if you claim a right to comment. The camps are being described correctly, as PRISON CAMPS. THE DETAINEES are recognised as genuine refugees. THE UN has demanded this government takes HUMANE action in this matter. TO DATE... this abysmal, de-humanising cruelty and torture is being deliberately inflicted on innocent people. WHY?
FEAR perhaps? I can't think of any other reason. Plain fear of others. The govt is a cunt, and it should be responsible for caring for these detainees ( prisoners). All the excuses made fall very flat. Mr Dutton would continue this as long as possible.

The world news is saying,, WELL forget about Australia, and Turnbull's policy... the govt has washed its hands of these people ( or are trying to) and so the obvious circumstances raise other options. FUCK AUSTRALIA, and DUTTON... they don't have a say. Nor should they. If any country offers to help, what is the problem? . BS rejecting NZ's offer... saying TRUMP will save it all. WHAT A FUCKING CROCK OF SHIT.

NOPE.. this issue is finally coming to a head. The govt cannot bury its head in the sand and pretend NO ONE is WATCHING. THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD now knows what fascists run this govt. SHAME AUSTRALIA. SHAME. :mad :mad :emb :read :read :PC :PC
sleep is bliss: do it as often and for as long as you need.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby Squire » 06 Nov 2017, 12:48

Manus Island detention of refugees is a crime by the government of Australia and the government of Papua New Guinea.

These people were kidnapped on the high seas by the Australian Navy piracy division and taken against their will to a third country.

This is a monstrous crime which the perpetrators should be prosecuted for, including the Navy personnel involved in the kidnappings.
Squire
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 06 Nov 2017, 15:22

HBS Guy wrote:They could take all 600, resettle some elsewhere.

That would have bad optics for both Australia and New Zealand!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 07 Nov 2017, 00:30

MilesAway wrote:

Um I appreciate brevity but I can't connect the quote with the comment. Presumably HBS refers to NZ ? taking all. Hmm guess I'll scroll back o be able to understand this comment.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Nov 2017, 00:36

Get the poor bastards of Manus to where they can recover, settle down, rebuild their lives. Leaving the situ as is is bad optics!

These Lib pollies whining about the boats coming again. Bah! ASs now fly in on dodgy temporary work permits and disappear. They must know this, surely?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 07 Nov 2017, 00:41

HBS Guy wrote:THAT is going to take some doing!

There is still so much of Howard in the Budget, choking it of funds.

Do away with negative gearing, halve the CGT exemption

Do away with the Private Health Care rebate! If people want private health let them pay for it, no need for the government to!

Adjust the PAYE rates, Costello cut them too bloody much! Increase the tax free threshold so those on lowest incomes can have more spending money! Libs cut the rates/increase the threshold for the top rate but don’t care about the lowest rate.

Retirees on SMSF can damn well pay tax on their income like everybody else! A lot of the capital is government rebates which go to the top 20% by income!

Increase the award super rate to ease claims on the age pension.

Do away with the Jobs Network, restart the CES! As both jobseeker and employer I know the CES was good, Job Network was shit! When I went on the Invalid Pension I had to go to this mob to make me “work ready” and it was a total waste of time! As an employer I got a horde of semi qualified applicants for a vacancy from the Job Network, the CES would send over 2-3 qualified people!

Do away with most of the Work for the Dole etc. A Jobs Guarantee is good as long as workers comp, super and real wages are paid and meaningful training made available. Yes, there ARE bludgers! I used to rent rooms to them back in the 80s but why penalise EVERYBODY on the dole when there is so much un and underemployment about? Waste of money.

Living on the dole as a career isn’t much fun: share accommodation is needed so forget privacy, forget eating meat, dress yourself from opshops etc. Few chose it as a lifechoice so why act as if 100% do it?

Save a lot of money going to the top 20%, use some of that to increase NewStart by $50 or $100 a week. That will get spending started!

So scrolling I find this comment from HBS Guy. Pretty much all of that I agree with. Oh and I found the post made. Again HBS GUY (sigh)
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 07 Nov 2017, 00:44

HBS Guy wrote:Get the poor bastards of Manus to where they can recover, settle down, rebuild their lives. Leaving the situ as is is bad optics!

These Lib pollies whining about the boats coming again. Bah! ASs now fly in on dodgy temporary work permits and disappear. They must know this, surely?

Of course they do. More illegals arrive by plane every frikkin' DAY, then ever arrived by boat.
The Boat people are the most genuine in my view.
They have risked EVERYTHING... and get locked up , to now die in isolation from neglect. What a horror.
:sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 07 Nov 2017, 00:45

MilesAway wrote:

NO the only COMPLICIT and GUILTY Party is the Australian Government.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Nov 2017, 08:25

True, I should have said “bad optics for the Aust govt.”
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 17:13

HBS Guy wrote:Get the poor bastards of Manus to where they can recover, settle down, rebuild their lives. Leaving the situ as is is bad optics!

Certainly bad optics if nothing is done!

Stagnation is close to death.

It's just a perverse type of rolling circus that, to put it cynically, sells copy!

Wait,... How could I say something like that?

Naughty naughty me :OMG
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 17:14

pinkeye wrote:
MilesAway wrote:

NO the only COMPLICIT and GUILTY Party is the Australian Government.

Said the dumb feminist!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 17:16

pinkeye wrote:

Of course they do. More illegals arrive by plane every frikkin' DAY, then ever arrived by boat.
The Boat people are the most genuine in my view.
They have risked EVERYTHING... and get locked up , to now die in isolation from neglect. What a horror.
:sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad :sad

Yeh, but deaths at sea is bad optics for the country!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Nov 2017, 18:10

No more boats, DRAH, ASs now fly in!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Francis » 07 Nov 2017, 18:26

The illegal dual citizen government of Australia is saying they no longer have any control the situation and its entirely a png government call.

Why than are Turnbull and Dutton stopping n.z from being involved and taking control the situation?
Francis
Jack Russell

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 18:49

HBS Guy wrote:No more boats, DRAH, ASs now fly in!

Ass always flew in!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 18:51

Francis wrote:The illegal dual citizen government of Australia is saying they no longer have any control the situation and its entirely a png government call.

Why than are Turnbull and Dutton stopping n.z from being involved and taking control the situation?

Sovereignty: that's why nz won't offer to take all of them!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby Francis » 07 Nov 2017, 20:35

They need help....for us to stand in the wayof a friendly offer from n.z just doesn't make any sense

N.z has their shit together dealing with global stuff so much better it makes me sad to be a Australian
Francis
Jack Russell

Postby MilesAway » 07 Nov 2017, 21:18

Francis wrote:They need help....for us to stand in the wayof a friendly offer from n.z just doesn't make any sense

N.z has their shit together dealing with global stuff so much better it makes me sad to be a Australian

Yes, well, Australia will certainly have to react after the offer of 150 that is for certain!

You can't have a situation where a government of a first world country lets people drink stagnant water... At least not in front of a global audience!

That would be bad optics!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 08 Nov 2017, 02:12

MilesAway wrote:
Francis wrote:They need help....for us to stand in the wayof a friendly offer from n.z just doesn't make any sense

Yes, well, Australia will certainly have to react after the offer of 150 that is for certain!

You can't have a situation where a government of a first world country lets people drink stagnant water... At least not in front of a global audience!

Well all the Media, except SBS and some ABC content, are now ignoring the whole thing. Not a word . The protesters around the Melbourne Cup have more guts than most people. This is SO BAD, not just for the victims of illegal imprisonment, but our society.

Sadly the world chooses to look the other way on all sorts of inhumanity. Remember TIBET.?? Anyone?. Disgusting. We have no claims to having a decent society, and anyone who thinks everything is going to be fine, are insane. Which makes most of the human population, dysfunctional and barely civilised. Downhill all the way from here. Mother will take care of most of us, and the world will roll on without us.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 09 Nov 2017, 13:29

pinkeye wrote:
MilesAway wrote:

Well all the Media, except SBS and some ABC content, are now ignoring the whole thing. Not a word . The protesters around the Melbourne Cup have more guts than most people. This is SO BAD, not just for the victims of illegal imprisonment, but our society.

Sadly the world chooses to look the other way on all sorts of inhumanity. Remember TIBET.?? Anyone?. Disgusting. We have no claims to having a decent society, and anyone who thinks everything is going to be fine, are insane. Which makes most of the human population, dysfunctional and barely civilised. Downhill all the way from here. Mother will take care of most of us, and the world will roll on without us.

There is a very dark side to our collective natures.

Unfortunately we can't save the world as individuals but we should expect some standards from our Governments!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 11 Nov 2017, 02:18

MilesAway wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
MilesAway wrote:

Unfortunately we can't save the world as individuals but we should expect some standards from our Governments!

WELL YES, we should. What gets me is once in power, all sorts of OTHER things take precedence for the pollies. LIKE keeping power, no matter what. :slap
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 11 Nov 2017, 03:18

pinkeye wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
MilesAway wrote:

WELL YES, we should. What gets me is once in power, all sorts of OTHER things take precedence for the pollies. LIKE keeping power, no matter what. :slap

What else is life?
MilesAway
Feral cat

Previous

Return to Politics