I demand an election!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

I demand an election!

Postby MilesAway » 27 Oct 2017, 15:02

This is smacking bulldust: our children got handed a copper rope by these bastards whilst all the profits from the mining boom went to the elite who don't even live here!

...hey, Aussie: have I got grounds or what?

:bike :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :gsp :beer

:huh

<where is that joining issues emoticon when you need it because :stay :buddy :buddy :buddy :buddy :buddy ?>
Last edited by MilesAway on 27 Oct 2017, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
MilesAway
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Re: I demand an election!

Postby Aussie » 27 Oct 2017, 15:03

For what?

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby MilesAway » 27 Oct 2017, 15:44

Aussie wrote:For what?

For demanding the downfall of the whole f'n lot!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 27 Oct 2017, 15:48

How about grounds for the Gov'n'r?? What else.... um, anarchy in the streets?

I just want the blooming fibre for me kids in the Asian century their parents all reaped paper profits from, 't'is all :OMG

:rain

:yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :oops
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 27 Oct 2017, 22:44

Love your avatar / icon. :Hi

I reckon an election ... A FEDERAL Election... would be a great idea. :thumb
sleep is bliss: do it as often and for as long as you need.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 27 Oct 2017, 23:14

pinkeye wrote:Love your avatar / icon. :Hi

I reckon an election ... A FEDERAL Election... would be a great idea. :thumb

It's the original iron maiden singer and guitarist(one of) doing covers of a band called "fastway" which was named after a guitarist called "fast" Eddie Clarke from Motorhead... I don't mind a few of their songs :buddy
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Oct 2017, 08:43

Sorry that image was too big for a signature so I removed it—it meant endless scrolling, endless repetition.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 28 Oct 2017, 12:32

HBS Guy wrote:Sorry that image was too big for a signature so I removed it—it meant endless scrolling, endless repetition.

Hey, why don't you just put me in a box so I don't have to listen to your endless fascism :Hi

No wonder threads are all you :jump look in the mirror Champ and get a clue :PC
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby Francis » 28 Oct 2017, 12:50

Another election?

You mean I have go to a polling booth. Hassles to park. Get heralded past idiots trying shove how to vote cards in my hands. Stand in a bloody line to get my name ticked off than expected to write in boxes to elect ppl I don't know or trust?

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony
Francis
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Oct 2017, 14:22

A pony would be nice. I will call mine Baa Baa.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 29 Oct 2017, 02:17

Francis wrote:Another election?

You mean I have go to a polling booth. Hassles to park. Get heralded past idiots trying shove how to vote cards in my hands. Stand in a bloody line to get my name ticked off than expected to write in boxes to elect ppl I don't know or trust?

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony

You want a pony. Have you got a good home for it.?:)

Seems this Govt has had a good home. Lots of feed, no real work required, just a pile of horseshit . :bgrin

Francis,?.?. You do understand don't you, what is means to have the right to vote.?
It is a right, a commitment, an obligation AND your ultimate expression of freedom.
It is something untold dead folk have provided for you.
Do not compare it, in any way, to a pony.

It really is the only thing that separates you from many millions of folk trying to survive, today. YOUR vote is your tangible inclusion in your society. Spurn it at your peril.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 30 Oct 2017, 13:21

pinkeye wrote:

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony

Seems this Govt has had a good home. Lots of feed, no real work required, just a pile of horseshit . :bgrin

Francis,?.?. You do understand don't you, what is means to have the right to vote.?
It is a right, a commitment, an obligation AND your ultimate expression of freedom.

It really is the only thing that separates you from many millions of folk trying to survive, today. YOUR vote is your tangible inclusion in your society. Spurn it at your peril.

Well said!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby BigOl64 » 30 Oct 2017, 13:34

pinkeye wrote:

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony

A right is a right and can never be an obligation

But yes we are forced to participate in this farce called aa Australian election and we do so like the little sheeple the government so enjoys us being.

You cannot be forced by legislation to excise your rights, well not in a real democracy anyway.

Maybe you should research real first world democracies that do have rights including the right to vote and more importantly the right to not vote, like an adult would expect
BigOl64
Jack Russell

Postby MilesAway » 30 Oct 2017, 13:51

BigOl64 wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony

But yes we are forced to participate in this farce called aa Australian election and we do so like the little sheeple the government so enjoys us being.

You cannot be forced by legislation to excise your rights, well not in a real democracy anyway.

Maybe you should research real first world democracies that do have rights including the right to vote and more importantly the right to not vote, like an adult would expect

What is an adult without the protection of the state? Yeh, dead!

There are no rights except those granted.... But for the ones doing the granting: what rights do they have?

You can't be a common man and pretend you've got the ace card!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby BigOl64 » 30 Oct 2017, 20:25

MilesAway wrote:
BigOl64 wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony

There are no rights except those granted.... But for the ones doing the granting: what rights do they have?

And once granted and codified it becomes pretty rock solid, a shit load better than the farce we have with rights quickly and easily converted to temporary privileges or worse obligations.

Why is it that every other first world democracy happily grants basic codified rights to their citizen and we treat human right like some sort of boogy man to be avoided at all cost because we believe the government has our best interest at heart, contrary to all evidence.

I want less government in my life not more.
BigOl64
Jack Russell

Postby MilesAway » 30 Oct 2017, 22:06

BigOl64 wrote:
MilesAway wrote:
BigOl64 wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony

And once granted and codified it becomes pretty rock solid, a shit load better than the farce we have with rights quickly and easily converted to temporary privileges or worse obligations.

Why is it that every other first world democracy happily grants basic codified rights to their citizen and we treat human right like some sort of boogy man to be avoided at all cost because we believe the government has our best interest at heart, contrary to all evidence.

I want less government in my life not more.

WTF?
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 11 Nov 2017, 02:45

BigOl64 wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

All on my day off!

Stick your election.

I want a pony

I absolutely disagree. To say a 'right' can never be an obligation
is a farcical suggestion.

Intrinsically, rights contain obligation. It may go all the way back to DUTY of CARE, I'd suggest. Of course, people ignore their obligations ALL THE TIME. People ignore what is RIGHT, if it interferes with their chosen position. They choose to ignore the requirements of being a part of the social structure of our society, and set out to have their way, regardless.
Pauline Hanson is an excellent example of people who exercise their rights, without acknowledging and acting on their obligations.

SUCKS.
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby MilesAway » 11 Nov 2017, 03:13

So,... Getting back to brass tacks: I DEMAND AN ELECTION!
MilesAway
Feral cat

Postby pinkeye » 12 Nov 2017, 01:56

MilesAway wrote:So,... Getting back to brass tacks: I DEMAND AN ELECTION!

Me too.!!! :tweed
pinkeye
Feral cat

Postby Francis » 12 Nov 2017, 18:16

HBS Guy wrote:A pony would be nice. I will call mine Baa Baa.

:jump thats my husbands penis nickname :OMG
Francis
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Nov 2017, 19:11

:oops

:WTF
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 12 Nov 2017, 19:20

Francis wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:A pony would be nice. I will call mine Baa Baa.

:jump thats my husbands penis nickname :OMG

to much information :grn
johnsmith
mountain lion

Postby Bam » 12 Nov 2017, 22:14

We could get one if Labor wins a few by-elections, tests the numbers of the House and calls an early House-only election "to get more workable numbers" as Menzies did in 1963.

By elections? The following House Coalition MPs have questions over their citizenship.
* Josh Frydenberg (Lib, Kooyong VIC, 13.34%)
* Alex Hawke (Lib, Mitchell NSW, 17.82%)
* Julia Banks (Lib, Chisholm VIC, 1.24%)
* Bert van Manen (LNP, Forde QLD, 0.63%)
* Luke Hartsuyker (Nat, Cowper NSW, 4.56% vs IND, 12.58% vs ALP)
* Jason Falinski (Lib, Mackellar NSW, 15.74%)
* Ann Sudmalis (Lib, Gilmore NSW, 0.73%)
* Tony Pasin (Lib, Barker SA, 4.74% vs NXT, 15.19% vs ALP)

We also have two by-elections being contested, only one of which is safe for the Coalition.

Worst-case scenario - all of these MPS are forced into by-elections (plus one or two others from Labor and NXT's Sharkie), all four marginal Liberals lose with Labor winning three of the seats and NXT winning the other. I'll assume Alexander retains Bennelong though that's not certain.

The numbers would be:
Coalition 72
Labor 72
NXT 2
Greens 1
KAP 1
Independents 2

Who forms government?
Bam
puppy

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Nov 2017, 23:08

Can’t trust the bloody Greens!

Cathy McGowan will support the libs

KAP will not vote against the Libs in a No Confidence motion
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Politics