SSM—parody of the NO!!! ad

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

SSM—parody of the NO!!! ad

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Sep 2017, 20:52

Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: SSM—parody of the NO!!! ad

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Sep 2017, 10:20

Another fake Christian (not so much a church as a tax shelter:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/joel-osteen-memes-houston_us_59a902f8e4b0354e44093d3b
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lefty » 05 Sep 2017, 07:36

HBS Guy wrote:Another fake Christian (not so much a church as a tax shelter:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/joel-osteen-memes-houston_us_59a902f8e4b0354e44093d3b

Heh, I'll pay some of those ones :bgrin

Seriously, what is it with Americans loving these TV evangelist wanks? Blind Freddy can see that it's basically a pyramid selling scam that flies in the face of what are supposed to be true Christian values.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Sep 2017, 08:46

I have no idea. Weird.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Sep 2017, 12:45

Will put this here. No one here gives a stuff about who can marry who.

59% (up 2% from 2 weeks ago) support changing the law to allow same-sex couples to marry and 31% (down 1%) are opposed.

Those most in favour of changing the marriage laws are Labor voters (73%), Greens voters (82%), women (65%) and those aged 18-34 (69%).

Those who would definitely vote in the national survey are more likely to support same-sex marriage (69%).

Essential Research 5 Sep 2017.

Pointless waste of $122m. Use that money for social housing or some FTTH or. . . any amount of uses that are better than helping turdfull delay ME legislation. Cunt!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lefty » 06 Sep 2017, 08:18

Turdfull just wanted the issue not on his hands so he spent all that money so he could avoid being seen to make any decisions himself.

Another "do nothing" from do nothing Malcom.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Sep 2017, 10:50

Yeah, saving face is the most important thing for turdfull!

—Energy security is up shits creek, a succession of coal fired generators will close over the next couple decades. Turdfull. . .does nothing.

—Energy prices shooting up. . .turdfull has lunch with energy company CEOs, who tell him they are not interested in coal! Nothing useful came from these two meetings!

—By the time the useless prick became PM it was clear his FTTN was not working at all well, the connection to the “new” network was far from smooth for very many households, FTTN is hampering the businesses and hospitals connected to it, speed slows to a crawl at night etc etc. To save face—the temporary copper network will be completed and fuck the complete waste of $60Bn of tax payers money!

Now the useless prick is toadying up to Trump, we might be at war with North Korea FFS!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Sep 2017, 21:22

turdfull is turd all the way through:

“It got me a bit upset to walk all the way out the back, after I had walked 6000 kilometres to come here to see him,” Mr Pryor said.

Mr Pryor left Perth in protest against the forced closure of Aboriginal communities, but as he journeyed through remote towns he collected the stories of Indigenous Australia, and his message became a call for treaty from those communities.

Frustrated activists delivered a sharp message to the Prime Minister and Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion, who had earlier visited Mr Pryor at the Aboriginal tent embassy.

They expressed concern over cashless welfare cards and Elijah Doughty’s death in Kalgoorlie, among other issues.

Mr Turnbull told the crowd the cashless welfare card was designed to “protect children”, before he was called away.

Mr Pryor said a brief word to the Prime Minister as he left.

“It was a great honour to meet you, but I was really disappointed you didn’t come out the front to talk to me,” Mr Pryor said to the Prime Minister.

“Well I’m sorry you couldn’t come in so I could make you a nice cup of tea,” Mr Turnbull replied.

Out the back of Parliament House, Mr Pryor defended his supporters.

“I was really proud that my aunties and uncles and elders spoke from their heart, because they were hurting too,” he said.

“They have my full support and backing, because they are my people.”

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2017/09/06/malcolm-turnbull-meeting-with-indigenous-man/

Also:

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Sep 2017, 13:58

Peter Martin shows the cashless kick a bludger or boong card is not working:

A searing government-commissioned evaluation of the $410 million program could not find "any substantive evidence of the program having significant changes relative to its key policy objectives, including changing people's behaviours".

There was no evidence of changes in spending patterns, no evidence of any overall improvement in financial wellbeing, no evidence of improvement in community wellbeing, including for children, and evidence of the kind of learned helplessness that flows from making people dependent on the decisions of others.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-cashless-welfare-card-may-not-be-quite-the-success-it-seems-20170905-gybm0q.html

“Learned helplessness” aka govt being fucking patronising is an inevitable result. Addicts will find ways to circumvent the card or turn to crime, etc.

Only way is talking to communities about solutions to heavy drinking, drug use, child abuse, domestic violence and implementing mutually agreed policies, allowing a community to be dry—things the fucking Intervention stuffed up. Register of drinkers not allowed to buy alcohol and so on. Help people find jobs, help communities reduce costs by supplementing or replacing diesel generators with renewable energy.

Don’t move populations so fucking Twiggy can mine the land. Treat people as adults etc.

Not for a govt anxious for a win SOMEWHERE I suppose.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Sep 2017, 10:47

Tiernan Brady on the Irish Marriage Equality campaign:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/same-sex-marriage-the-irish-experience-20170906-gycg58.html

Think it is a wrong description. YES campaigners may have been dignified in campaigning for the YES vote but we know the fucking Church in Ireland campaigned bitterly against a YES vote. The campaign was bitter and divisive.

Now we will have a totally unnecessary and nonbinding campaign for marriage equality. The first NO ad on TV contained several lies and that brought forth a strong reaction from the ME campaigners. Fucking Libs!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Sep 2017, 19:51

Posted my YES! vote today.

Wrote that is was a waste of $122m and the ABS couldn’t count properly and weren’t the right organisation to do the survey.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Sep 2017, 11:25

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Sep 2017, 13:23

Got the NO! pamphlet in the mail just now. Glossy, full color $$$

Read it. Didn’t discuss marriage equality at all! All warnings of dire things that will happen if gays are allowed to marry. Tore it into shreds and threw it in the rubbish.

We need to tax all so–called churches and charities! If they can waste all this money on a BS glossy pamphlet they can damn well pay some tax!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Sep 2017, 11:23

ahahahahahahaha

Fitzroy Football Club players, 1929.

Bernardi is a late and irrelevant johny come lately

:jump :jump :jump
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Sep 2017, 22:37

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2017, 17:09

Seems the YES vote will win by a thumping big margin.–REACHTEL says 64% or so. Higher than the polls have showed over the last couple of years.

I imagine this is not what Turdful wanted at all! A narrow margin and lots of abstentions would allow the libs to postpone legislation.

Well, turdfull can have one small positive mark I suppose?

I think the Greens too were hoping for an unsuccessful result, SSM being their main figleaf “progressive” policy.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Oct 2017, 20:13

Latest ABS information on the postal survey – about 10 million of us have now voted, that’s 62.5%, as of last Friday.

Australia Surpasses Ireland In Marriage Vote Turnout, With A Month To Go

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lanesainty/australia-surpasses-ireland-in-marriage-vote-turnout-with-a?utm_term=.ngVM1jRM9#.yj1ZLODZX

A large turnout and a large Yes! vote (according to polls and exit polls) must be the last thing turdfull and the RWNJs wanted?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Oct 2017, 21:45

Paul Karp‏Verified account @Paul_Karp Follow @Paul_Karp More

ABS update: 67.5% have voted in marriage law postal survey. Up 5% week on week for two weeks now #auspol

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Oct 2017, 11:02

Children raised in same-sex families develop as their peers in families with heterosexual parents do, a group of senior paediatricians and adolescent health experts says.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/discrimination-not-samesex-parents-harms-children-report-20171022-gz5w2y.html

(from PBX)
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Oct 2017, 11:07

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby BojackHorseman » 27 Oct 2017, 10:05

The issue I see with this is that that battle is only half won when the Yes vote gets up
BojackHorseman
puppy

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Oct 2017, 16:48

Like, the rightwing nutjobs in the Coalition will take no notice of it, yup.

gives Labor the moral authority and mandate to legislate it after the next election tho.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 27 Oct 2017, 23:58

HBS Guy wrote:Tiernan Brady on the Irish Marriage Equality campaign:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/same-sex-marriage-the-irish-experience-20170906-gycg58.html

Think it is a wrong description. YES campaigners may have been dignified in campaigning for the YES vote but we know the fucking Church in Ireland campaigned bitterly against a YES vote. The campaign was bitter and divisive.

Now we will have a totally unnecessary and nonbinding campaign for marriage equality. The first NO ad on TV contained several lies and that brought forth a strong reaction from the ME campaigners. Fucking Libs!

It's not just libs against ssm :huh
MilesAway
Pitbull terrier

Postby MilesAway » 28 Oct 2017, 00:00

HBS Guy wrote:Like, the rightwing nutjobs in the Coalition will take no notice of it, yup.

gives Labor the moral authority and mandate to legislate it after the next election tho.

As a Labor voter I hate the fact they are all pro gay marriage: why don't they bother canvassing their electorates for the answer?

It's sham democracy in action....
MilesAway
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Oct 2017, 08:23

60% votes YES.

It is an issue of equality before the law.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Politics