Special Feature: War on Science, education and technology

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier
spamone: Animal

Re: Special Feature: War on Science, education and technolog

Post by karlrand »

Chuck wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:h Establishment Satellite (WRESAT) from Woomera in 1967 gained Australia international recognition and membership of the exclusive ‘Space Club’. [/i]
Some may not believe my involvement in this project but I was an employee of Aircraft Research Development Unit between 1972 - 1976.
Why wouldn’t they? Did you happen to bump into an English Army officer seconded to the OZ army by the name of Brigadeer General McKay?
A balistics expert with a background in experimental weapons systems.
Interesting and very eccentric bloke.
Groupthink will destroy us all.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:h Establishment Satellite (WRESAT) from Woomera in 1967 gained Australia international recognition and membership of the exclusive ‘Space Club’. [/i]
Some may not believe my involvement in this project but I was an employee of Aircraft Research Development Unit between 1972 - 1976.
Why wouldn’t they? Did you happen to bump into an English Army officer seconded to the OZ army by the name of Brigadeer General McKay?
No!
I was just a shit-kicker tradie who was there to simply make modification for the Defence Scientists and do the strict testing regime?.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

Chuck wrote:
karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:
No!
I was just a shit-kicker tradie who was there to simply make modification for the Defence Scientists and do the strict testing regime?.
Even if you didn’t know at the time you’d have been subject to a thorough security check even for that job.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:
karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:
No!
Even if you didn’t know at the time you’d have been subject to a thorough security check even for that job.
Certainly, I had to go thru all the rigmarole, being a member of ARDU - a special research and development Unit in the RAAF.

karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Post by karlrand »

Chuck wrote:
karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:
karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:
No!
Certainly, I had to go thru all the rigmarole, being a member of ARDU - a special research and development Unit in the RAAF.
HM, then you probably ran across Brigadeer General McKay but didn’t know that’s who he was. He was in the habit of appearing in civies at research sites and keeping his rank to himself.