The beginning of the end for Gillard.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The beginning of the end for Gillard.

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 10:25

You have to laugh at some of the pig ignorant Lib fanbois/gals, they know austerity will be implemented and think it will be short and sweet—short sharp shock.

That would be true (well, not the sweet bit) if the economy was booming and needed cooling but as I have explained that is not the case. Any attempt to achieve a “surplus” will punch the economy into long term recession and that will INCREASE the deficit. Nor can you reverse your policy—confidence once shaken will only decline with 180° policy U turns!

The UK was in a similar situation, small government debt, huge private sector debt and even bigger finance industry debt. So Cameron’s Tory idiots tackled government debt—their deficit and borrowings are now BIGGER than when they started. The private and finance sector debts are still there, of course. God give me strength!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 27 Jun 2013, 10:56

The sky is not falling...Rudd is Labor, remember? We were NOT winning with Julia..NO WAY!!!!!

At least we might save a few seats now and not be in opposition for eternity, if your Labor you have to vote for Rudd, get behind your leader... :WTF

I was going to vote Labor even with Julia... :?
Honor to God.

Loyalty to the Country Woman's Association.
Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 11:08

I have said I will not vote for a stinking Liberal, especially not lazy, useless Southcott!

But we are now slated to lose the election.

Yesterday Morgan had us at 49.5% 2PP, bit generous but we WERE competitive!

Don’t have much hope Labor will retain govt under the treacherous ratfucker, if we do those of Julia’s achievements the ratfucker won’t remove out of jealousy will remain. The NBN. NDIS, not sure about Gonski, etc.

Treachery is never rewarded.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 11:10

Too damn right!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 27 Jun 2013, 11:14

We will NOT win it there has been too much damage sustained by the Party whoever was to blame ( all of them ) but we can save a lot more seats so we don't sustain so damage taking us forward..even in opposition we could not stop Abbott from implementing some VERY damaging reforms under Julia.."Workchoices" penalty rates and on and on it goes..we will at least be effective opposition now..that is the BEST we can hope for for..he is a not a miracle worker, they put him back in way to late, he doesn't have TIME to turn this around FFS.

You sound like a child..no one was winning the election the way it was pre-yesterday..not on Gillards numbers You should be thanking Rudd!!!This was inevitable really , why are you so surprised, I'm not!

No more negativity...Rudd is Labor I am a Labor voter...stop.

Rudd and Albanese sworn in by GG this morning :bgrin :yahoo :clap

IN CASE YOU FORGOT..this was about saving the party not ONE person :mad You should be THANKING RUDD!!!!!!!!!! He could have told them all too get fucked after the way they treated him
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby Cherie » 27 Jun 2013, 11:36

She had some admirable qualities...even I could see that!!!!
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 13:42

Just sent this email to Sen Penny Wong:

I used to think you were something special, but you were easily bought with promise of SSM and Leader of Senate. You are nothing special. You helped break a lot of hearts and I do not know if the ALP will survive this rewarding of treachery. Piss off.

Got something from Labor—told them NEVER to send me anything that had the traitor’s name on it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 27 Jun 2013, 14:58

HBS Guy wrote:Just sent this email to Sen Penny Wong:

I used to think you were something special, but you were easily bought with promise of SSM and Leader of Senate. You are nothing special. You helped break a lot of hearts and I do not know if the ALP will survive this rewarding of treachery. Piss off.

Got something from Labor—told them NEVER to send me anything that had the traitor’s name on it.

That's just immature sour grapes Monk..Wong did the right thing..
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 15:33

Rewarding treachery is never the right thing, AG. Next bad poll—maybe you will realise the truth of what I have been saying all along.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 15:51

Bullying and outright treachery are the new normal in Australia, says Anne Summers

We treated our first female prime minister disgracefully while she was in office, and now that she has been driven out, it seems she is going to be denied even the solace of having her extraordinary raft of achievements recognised.

. . . .What it means for us ordinary Australians that Julia Gillard was hounded from office in the way she was.
We are now, apparently unashamedly, a country where bullying, stalking, undermining and outright treachery are not just tolerated but are the new way of doing business.

So the next time your child comes home complaining about being bullied in the schoolyard, you will have to say: "Suck it up kid, this is the way we are."

The next time you, or your girlfriend or sister or any woman you know complains about sexual harassment at work, you will have to say: "Tough titty, sweetheart, but if the prime minister had to put up with it, so do you."
And if you are the head of an organisation and find yourself being constantly undermined and disparaged or publicly mocked and belittled by a rival or a predecessor, you will just have to steel yourself against the sabotage, knowing this is the new normal.

And don't for a moment think if you are woman and upset that you, say, get paid 17.5 per cent less than the man you work alongside, or you've been denied promotion yet again, that you can complain about this without being accused of unleashing a "gender war". . . .

Yet when Kevin Rudd spoke after his shameful coup last night and praised "Julia" for being "a remarkable reformer", he did not mention a single one of her prime ministerial accomplishments. Not the carbon price. Not the NDIS. Not the Murray-Darling agreement. Not the Gonski reforms. And certainly not her historic agreement with the new Chinese leadership that ensures an unprecedented annual leadership dialogue between our two countries, something that Rudd while he was prime minister was unable to bring off.

No, Rudd did not mention any of these things.

"In Julia's case let me say this: if it were not for Julia we would not have the Fair Work Act," he said. "If it were not for Julia, we would not have a national scheme which ensures that the literacy and numeracy performance of Australian schools is tested regularly and that interventions occur to lift those students who are doing poorly."

All things she accomplished while she was deputy prime minister. And, the subtext was, while he – the man mocking her by outfitting himself in a blue tie for the coup – was prime minister.

Expect Julia Gillard's record of reform to be swiftly excised from the political memory of the Labor Party. It started last night and it will continue apace.

Her treacherous colleagues will have nothing good to say about her.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking as well as shameful.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/bullying- ... z2XOIPPchc

All that and more, originally started by the knuckle dragging simian then the constant undermining by Rudd, who used to call Gillard ‘bitch’ and probably worse. Now, treachery is rewarded.

Something great, magical almost has left the country and we are now a meaner, littler people than we were.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 27 Jun 2013, 19:37

Rob Oakshott in Parliament today made a sweet gesture to Julia re: her father...saying her dad would have been proud of her.

Anne Summer btw is too emotive and hysterical for my likeing.
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 20:14

Just saw that on ABC TV News. Did not watch Parliament, not with that gloating termite, the symbol of all that is wrong with Labor, in the big chair.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Jun 2013, 09:59

Looks like Rudd realises he is a pygmy compared to Julia.

First when “praising Julia” this ageing, poky Tin Tin ONLY praised what Julia did as his Deputy!

Secondly, it looks like he has to mess with what Julia has done, talking of changing Carbon Price to ETS—listen, Tin Tin with the glass jaw—Parliament would have to be recalled! Also talked—and is just talk with Parliament finished—of reversing the the taking mothers whose youngest child is 8yo off Parents Allowance. Great stuff, way the Budget is we can really pay young women to sit on their arse all day, trapped in poverty trap of public benefits until youngest is 16 when, with no saleable work skills they get kicked off Parenting Allowance anyway!

What with the various subsidies etc—none of these mothers had payments reduced much at all, action was to apply same system to all which is fair.

The bad taste in my mouth is not going away.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 28 Jun 2013, 11:00

We treated our first female prime minister disgracefully while she was in office, and now that she has been driven out, it seems she is going to be denied even the solace of having her extraordinary raft of achievements recognised.

. . . .What it means for us ordinary Australians that Julia Gillard was hounded from office in the way she was.
We are now, apparently unashamedly, a country where bullying, stalking, undermining and outright treachery are not just tolerated but are the new way of doing business.

So the next time your child comes home complaining about being bullied in the schoolyard, you will have to say: "Suck it up kid, this is the way we are."

The next time you, or your girlfriend or sister or any woman you know complains about sexual harassment at work, you will have to say: "Tough titty, sweetheart, but if the prime minister had to put up with it, so do you."
And if you are the head of an organisation and find yourself being constantly undermined and disparaged or publicly mocked and belittled by a rival or a predecessor, you will just have to steel yourself against the sabotage, knowing this is the new normal.

And don't for a moment think if you are woman and upset that you, say, get paid 17.5 per cent less than the man you work alongside, or you've been denied promotion yet again, that you can complain about this without being accused of unleashing a "gender war". . . .

This is the way this country is now. Abbott supporters have embraced this denigration and elaborated on it and the sheep have followed. It will be a nightmare having this thug running the country. Gillard got far worse than she deserved and the acceptance of the bullying and abuse by Abbott and his cronies has set a precedent that unacceptable behaviour is now acceptable. It is a shame. Gillard is a brave woman. I can't see any male tolerating the crap that was thrown at her.
mantra
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Jun 2013, 11:14

Yup.

Only way Rudd could win was embrace all Julia’s legislated achievements and be a better salesperson for them, he being supposed to be such a “great campaigner.” He keeps on dissing and sullying her achievements he will piss of more ALP voters. Look at the Informal vote election night, it will be a biggy I reckon.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Jun 2013, 18:30

I had to turn the TV off, had switched to ABC24 to see his presser. {ugh}

Scumbag last night praised Julia—for what she did as his deputy! Must have got an EARTHQUAKE of protest via phone, email, twitter etc. Has announced he has to piss into her legacy to make it taste better. Started his presser saying how much Julia had achieved as PM. Bet he was cursing and swearing and blaming others for his disgusting behavior last night.

I am not voting this election, will pay the $20.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Jun 2013, 20:24

Tim Rust ‏@tim_rust 1h
@Pollytics @R_Chirgwin The Age has returned to Policy, as promised, with an in depth investigation of what Julia will get when she leaves

Hah! Age should (but won’t) compare what Gillard will cost compared to John Cunting Howard who costs taxpayers $1m dollars a year, plus $25m over the time he stuck his dessicated arse in Kirribilly House instead of the Lodge!

Can also look at cost of the knuckle dragging simian LOTO office expenses—apart from o/seas travel, triple to quadruple what Gillard’s office cost. The Termite will likely raise that to Howardesque levels.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Jun 2013, 10:33

The Termite accepted tobacco money for a flight and accommodation in/to Germany for some conference {Ugh!}

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd accepted international flights and hotel accommodation from a German foundation that controls a key part of the international tobacco industry, despite his earlier declarations that “cigarettes kill people”.

Mr Rudd’s declarations of interests lodged with the federal parliament reveal that in October last year he was given return international tickets and two days accommodation in Berlin from the Korber Foundation, a German non-profit foundation that is the sole owner of the world’s leading supplier of machines for the production of filter cigarettes.

The Prime Minister’s acceptance of this benefit would appear to be at odds with the Federal Labor Party’s long standing policy of not accepting political donations or any other benefits from the tobacco industry.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politi ... z2XYujFk6p

Apparently the Age sat on this story for quite a while (since last Oct?)—but no “get Julia” agenda oh no {retch}
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby wog_girl » 29 Jun 2013, 21:26

Labor are far from a united party. 45 Labor MPs don't want Rudd as their leader. This is a complete shambles. Up yours, Shorten. Rudd must have made those 30 pieces of silver very shiny for you.
Sarah Hanson-Young on the 2011 drowning of asylum seekers: "Tragedies happen, accidents happen."
wog_girl
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Jun 2013, 21:38

Not quite as divided as the Libs—1 vote in it last time.

In my blacker moments I sometimes think the fucking country deserves PM Abbott for 3 years! The number of stupid bogans you come across “Oh, Labor has ruined the economy” and you point out “low debt, 3xAAA, low unemployment, low inflation, low interest rates, envy of about the whole fucking world, 12th biggest economy” and they have no comeback but still spout the same rubbish! :mad
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 30 Jun 2013, 13:15

What is most sickening is now the media is inferring that Gillard is Rudd's victim and that he has been planning his comeback for 3 years. Instead of focusing the hate where it belongs - on Abbott, his media mates and supporters - the attacks now are on Rudd as being the one wielding the knife.

I don't particularly like him, but have always thought him good in a diplomatic position. He has given Labor a boost if nothing else and for that they should be grateful.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Jun 2013, 14:04

Of course, the media are all out to get rid of Labor—they fear the NBN and what it can offer us, how it will harm their old fashioned news/business model. Dirty old Rupert most of all—the NBN would kill his stupid Foxtel, the only bit here that makes money for him!

Has Rudd done a deal to neuter the NBN, to sell it to fucking Murdoch? If the rollout changes to focus on the capital cities a sell out by Rudd to Murdoch is on its way!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lefty » 01 Jul 2013, 09:48

Peter Martin argues that Gillard was off-message and that the public had switched off to her.http://www.smh.com.au/business/labor-must-get-real-on-the-economy-20130630-2p58q.html#ixzz2XjJEqgR6

Polling I saw the other day suggested that an overwhelming majority believed that Labor was doing a very poor job of handling the economy. This is stunning........because it's a million miles from the truth. Under Labor, Australia has been one of the best-performing economies in the world since the GFC.

The power of entrenched perception.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Jul 2013, 10:05

Power of the MSM! Just like I said—Libturds say Labor thrashed the economy, you point out it hasn’t but they won’t believe it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Jul 2013, 01:53

More consultative?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-features/minister-kate-lundy-left-in-dark-over-kevin-rudd8217s-reshuffle/story-fnho52jj-1226672826660

HAVING fashioned himself as consultative, kinder Kevin, the Prime Minister failed to personally call a female minister to tell her she losing a plum portfolio.

Kate Lundy, who retained minor portfolios, had news she was being replaced by Don Farrell as Sports Minister confirmed in a media release from Kevin Rudd’s office on Monday morning.

Why I hate the change to Kevin—he hasn’t changed and will have to be replaced again doing long term damage to the Party—and I will have nothing to do with it, not even voting.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Politics