The beginning of the end for Gillard.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The beginning of the end for Gillard.

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 21:12

New election date will be when PM Abbott says.

Early election is stupid—guess Rudd is in a hurry to have it before his little blip in the polls is over.

GG has nothing to say in the matter! If the Indies even abstain Abbott will be PM tomorrow! The whole huge raft of reforms of the last 3 years is in danger! So is the economy as a growing concern, jobs will be lost wholesale!

THIS is what you wanted, AG?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 21:14

The “evil little cow” had more support than Rudd in the caucus. He DEMANDED to be Leader, pity Gillard acceded to that!

PM Gillard, Deputy PM Rudd would probably have been a happier combination.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 26 Jun 2013, 21:16

HBS Guy wrote:New election date will be when PM Abbott says.

Early election is stupid—guess Rudd is in a hurry to have it before his little blip in the polls is over.

GG has nothing to say in the matter! If the Indies even abstain Abbott will be PM tomorrow! The whole huge raft of reforms of the last 3 years is in danger! So is the economy as a growing concern, jobs will be lost wholesale!

THIS is what you wanted, AG?

None of that will happen...your being hysterical now , none of them would have bothered with this if it made it that easy for Abbott use your head..Shorten put his Political life on the line here! I think I heard Oakshott say he wasn't getting involved!
Honor to God.

Loyalty to the Country Woman's Association.
Cherie
Jaguar

Postby Cherie » 26 Jun 2013, 21:19

HBS Guy wrote:The “evil little cow” had more support than Rudd in the caucus. He DEMANDED to be Leader, pity Gillard acceded to that!

PM Gillard, Deputy PM Rudd would probably have been a happier combination.

She "acceded" to that when Shorten told her game over..this was a real Game of Thrones..he won it fair and square so just be a gracious about it and get behind Rudd. He IS Labor don't lose sight of that.

That slimey piece of shit Swan is gone :rofl
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 21:22

I will NOT get behind a whiteanter. He can win the election by himself as far as I am concerned. I will NEVER vote for a stinking Liberal but I will not help a termite like Rudd!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 26 Jun 2013, 21:25

HBS Guy wrote:I will NOT get behind a whiteanter. He can win the election by himself as far as I am concerned. I will NEVER vote for a stinking Liberal but I will not help a termite like Rudd!

He learned everything he knew from the master white ant herself Julia Gillard ! :roll

Your not for the Labor Party your for Gillard... :rain
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 21:29

No. Rudd whiteanted Julia for three fucking years.

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 21:54

So many resigning from Cabinet and Parliament: Gillard, Combet, Swan, Garret, how many more?

Women should weep for the damage their cause is about to sustain!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 26 Jun 2013, 22:01

HBS Guy wrote:So many resigning from Cabinet and Parliament: Gillard, Combet, Swan, Garret, how many more?

Women should weep for the damage their cause is about to sustain!

Julia did not represent all women ! She chose to remain childless..so not many women indentified with her...and playing loosely with the gender card also discredited women..she entered a mans world and wanted to change the rules to suit herself. Doesn't work that way for women Monk UNLESS you have lady bits your not telling me about :bgrin
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby Cherie » 26 Jun 2013, 22:03

Let the pussies walk...we don't need them esp Swan... :WTF
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 22:07

Errr yes, Rudd needs them.

Well, seems Abbott won’t get No Confidence.

Just has to be patient and the PMship will be his.

No abortion, contraception, IVF

No fault divorce—gone

RC into child abuse—wound up

NBN—rollout stopped

Workers’ rights like penalty rates—rescinded.

Money spent on North—enormous environmental damage.

Austerity clamped down—recession, high unemployment and inflation, lose the 3xAAA, deficit increases.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 22:09

HM young women are now going to go into politics or strive to rise in business, PS or whatever?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Cherie » 26 Jun 2013, 22:23

Anthony Albanese is new Deputy PM and good choice..he didn't put another woman in that very awky spot!
Honor to God.

Cherie
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 22:32

This is only until the election, then the Libs are government.

Something great passed from public life today.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 23:27

abcnews24 just showed the lnp advert with clips of all the ALP people, including Julia, listing his faults.

Shorten is a fool.

That will only be the start. Caucus made a crap decision tonight!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 23:33

Pathetic, Rudd only mentions Julia’s achievements as Deputy Prime Minister.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Jun 2013, 23:48

Abbott is holding a presser. Faceless men choose Prime Minister again. yadayada

Has a very good line.

“In 2007 you voted for Kevin and ou got Julia.
in 2010 you voted for Julia and you got Kevin.
If you vote for the Labor Party in 2013, who knows who you will end up with.”

JESUS WEPT. The f#cking fools.

And on and on it will go. Lucky to get 40 seats now, my god! Just wait, tomorrow the fucking Libs will mention “NSW disease” my god!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 01:17

It begins:

And so it begins…

Dear XXXXX,

My message tonight to the Australian people is that you deserve so much better.

Once again the faceless men of the Labor Party, rather than the Australian people, have chosen a Prime Minister.

The government of our country should not be a continuing soap opera.

The Australian people need a strong, stable and competent government and we are determined to deliver one.

My message to all Australians is that only the Coalition offers our country an experienced team with our Real Solutions Plan to build a strong, prosperous economy and a safe, secure Australia.

We believe the time has come for the Australian people to choose their government and to choose the Prime Minister. The only way for that to occur is to have an election.

In 2007 the Australian people voted for Kevin and got Julia.

In 2010 they had Julia and got Kevin.

In 2013 if you vote Labor, who knows who or what you will get next? But one thing is for sure, whatever the faceless men do, it won’t be your choice.

While Labor’s faceless men have changed leader yet again to get themselves through the election, they are still deeply divided and dysfunctional.

The Coalition will get Labor’s record debt, now approaching $300 billion, under control. Labor’s Carbon Tax, going up next week, will be scrapped; the boats will be stopped; small business will be assisted, and you will get a truly united and well managed government.

Only an election will deliver a genuinely united government and a better future – for all Australians.

Regards,

Much more to come. We could have gone in strong and united. Fuck Rudd and his megalomania, his narcissism and ego.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lefty » 27 Jun 2013, 08:09

Rudd's predictable honeymoon bounce - snap polling shows that if an election were held today, it would now be too close to call. This is obviously a huge improvement on yesterday but the question is......will it last?

I can't make a call yet. I do think though that Abbot has nothing but negativity at this point. Rudd has acknowledged the ending of the China boom in his speech last night while Abbot is still mostly concerned with stopping the boats and the axing of a "mining tax" that delivers next to nothing anyway since it's structure is highly favourable to the mining majors.

Let's wait and see what happens.
Lefty
Bengal Tiger

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 09:20

Oh I think Abbott has major agenda, none of which will be told to the electorate before the election.

They have too much on Rudd, incl his lack of ticker and his glass jaw. I believe Abbott genuinely feared going against Julia, the woman who would not lay down and die.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 27 Jun 2013, 09:21

I will NOT get behind a whiteanter. He can win the election by himself as far as I am concerned. I will NEVER vote for a stinking Liberal but I will not help a termite like Rudd!

I think it was a very sad day yesterday. Gillard was ostracised from the beginning. I thought she had made great inroads over the past few months - but most voters choose popularity and media propaganda over substance.

You should vote Monk - even if it is for Rudd. Labor can't afford to get wiped out. Don't make it easy for Abbott.
mantra
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 09:23

That is why I said I will not vote for a stinking Liberal—in my case one of many, many totally useless Lib MPs—Andrew Southcott.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 09:39

The Labor caucus will soon learn to regret rewarding the weasel who leaked against Labor in the 2010 election then, with a few scummy mates like Fitzgibbon, Bowen, Kim Carr, Alan Griffin, deprived Julia of clear air for three years, always popping up on TV to prevent her message getting out. He won’t, I think, win the election where Julia probably would have.

Look at the latest NewsPoll and its 14% “Others” a number just not credible—rigged to panic the Labor Caucus which it succeeded in doing. Labor PV is clearly mid 30s, leaving just a few percent more to be won over in the campaign when Leadershit/Ruddstoration was clearly over. Last Morgan, likely 1-2% too generous to Labor showed Labor was competitive.

What a message to send to young women, many of which already deterred from entering politics by the less than Neanderthal antics of the knuckle dragging simian, the message being “The glass ceiling is firmly in place girls, don’t bother, ever, anywhere, trying to become #1. Just marry and have kids, lots of kids.”

This country has achieved so much under Julia and Wayne. We are the 12th biggest economy—staggering thought and it is real! The rest of the world, maybe not quite so much in the US, is busy killing its economies with austerity and we are slated to join them under PM Abbott. 21 years continuous growth (ONE quarter negative growth when the GFC hit) is slated to end early next year under PM Apeman.

That WILL happen if Abbott is elected and receives the “Audit” report from the economic ignoramus Costello. Tax free threshhold—back down to $6K and swathes of part time workers quit, not worth working and earning a bit of money (after child care fees perhaps) so quit. Government spending cut—I predict 60,000 Public Servants to be sacked. This might work if we were having a boom but we are not. The Public deficits are helping the private sector save and pay off debts after the credit–fuelled spending boom Howard & Costello fed with tax cuts, pork, election buying and rewarding those who supported the Coalition, like enabling asset rich, income poor (deliberately designed that way, of course) millionaires to claim full or part Aged Pension. Swanny did good getting rid of a lot of this but IMHO wasn’t aggressive enough. So the private sector will cut discretionary (non–essential) spending which will see more businesses close, which will reduce the GST revenue to the states which will see them tighten Budgets and on it goes. By the time of the 2016 election unemployment will be in double figures. Look at the austerity thread here, that is now in store for Australia totally needlessly. Small amount of government debt, much bigger private debt—clearly the thing to do is help the private sector pay off that debt.

If Abbott wins—look up ALEC, something like that will happen here, states racing each other to the bottom in terms of treatment of women, workers and the environment. Funny thing tho—the “red states” i.e. the states with Repug State governments are doing the worst economically! That’ll happen here if Abbott wins. No NBN rolled out, not even #Fraudband and that will see us continue to slide down international competitiveness rankings in education, business and productivity etc on the way to becoming the poor white trash of Asia.

I believe Abbott will now win the election—he knows he bested Rudd on the ETS, knows of Rudd’s lack of ticker and glass jaw.

Enjoy being 12th largest economy in the world, it won’t last long under TAPM!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 27 Jun 2013, 09:48

“The glass ceiling is firmly in place girls, don’t bother, ever, anywhere, trying to become #1. Just marry and have kids, lots of kids.”

I totally agree. We have just taken another step backwards and with an Abbott government - we will firmly be pushed into our seats.

This country has achieved so much under Julia and Wayne. We are the 12th biggest economy—staggering thought and it is real! The rest of the world, maybe not quite so much in the US, is busy killing its economies with austerity and we are slated to join them. 21 years continuous growth (ONE quarter negative growth when the GFC hit) is slated to end early next year under PM Apeman.

If Abbott wins—look up ALEC, something like that will happen here, states racing each other to the bottom in terms of treatment of women and workers. Funny thing tho—the “red states” i.e. the states with Repug Stat governments are doing the worst economically! That’ll happen here if Abbott wins.

I don't think anyone really expected Rudd to replace Gillard - but the party panicked. The haters will have no-one to bitch about now, although they'll make a few half hearted attempts on Rudd. It won't be the same for them though. It's too late now to make a difference by putting Rudd in her place. It just makes Labor look totally unsettled.
mantra
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jun 2013, 10:04

Too right, mantra! It makes Labor look like a party that stands for nothing and is poll driven and that is what they did, a clearly rigged NewsPoll panicked the little idiots. Penny Wong sold out on a promise of Same Sex Marriage. Not gonna happen, not under Rudd and certainly not under Tony “Mr 1950” Abbott.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Politics