Control of womens’s bodies by churches?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: New battleground for control of womens’s bodies by churc

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jul 2013, 19:26

What do you think of TX & AZ women having to travel to Mexico, buy some medicine from someone ho doesn’t know the doses then take the tablets all alone? Often in insufficient doses?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sappho » 23 Jul 2013, 19:47

HBS Guy wrote:What do you think of TX & AZ women having to travel to Mexico, buy some medicine from someone ho doesn’t know the doses then take the tablets all alone? Often in insufficient doses?

Obviously I think that sucks. But I don't really understand the opinion that you are trying to express when you present these provincial and on some level anecdotal tragedies... what is the point Monk?
Sappho

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jul 2013, 20:07

See the thread title?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MudGuts » 23 Jul 2013, 22:35

She has a point Thommo, ask Steve McQeen next time you hold your spiritualist coven..

Churches dont have anything about women, they have a thing about evolutionary pressure against similar organisations... very succesful brands have had a totally no sex policy where sisters and brothers work but were opressors of the proselitysed.

If a church has an opinion on fertility its one of fecundity.. If men had the babies, we'd cry men are oppressed.

Its the men in fertility churches that run the boys clubs... An easy power option. A gravitational calling to some few psychopaths and... the boys clubs just seem to blindly cover.

FGS.. who the fuck believes in an alien from an other universe being our continual benefactor anyway.. well except New Zealand..
Don't worry, God already saw you on the toilet
MudGuts
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Postby MudGuts » 23 Jul 2013, 22:38

May I add, Mr Abbott is one such boys club action by personal ministerial position and decree on two such pertinent issues..

No wonder he goes swimming at th beach in skimpy underwear...Under the backdrop of St Pats on the headland..Gag!
MudGuts
Feral cat

Postby MudGuts » 25 Jul 2013, 18:22

Is that it????

Jesus alien spacecraft...

Girls get into them... every women firendly policy mens more boys get a better chance at education...

Since 1972 in Oz..
MudGuts
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jul 2013, 11:13

Why politicians should not make decisions about womens health:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017134507
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 16 Aug 2013, 08:41

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Aug 2013, 07:32

Wendy Davis told a crowd of several hundred women in San Francisco on Friday that she was “very, very seriously considering” launching a campaign to replace Republican Gov. Rick Perry next year. [...]

This week, Davis argued that Republicans had stifled the role of women in the political debate at large by controlling the redistricting and the drawing of political boundaries.

She said she was seriously exploring whether she could stand a winning chance at taking on the Republican establishment in waging a fight for the Texas governor’s mansion. No Democrat has been governor of Texas since 1990.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gov ... torial-bid
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Aug 2013, 08:47

Oklahoma tried to restrict sales of emergency “morning after” contraception:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/1 ... 80093.html

:WTF
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Aug 2013, 10:05

Churches want not just women to be controlled by them, gays, family members, the churches want to go back 100 years when everyone went to church and donated money and let their lives be ruled by priests:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/dav ... -daughter-
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Aug 2013, 09:37

The War on Women is much more than that.

Read this rubbish:
A Texas megachurch whose leaders have linked vaccines to autism is now asking its members to get immunizations or stay quarantined after an outbreak of measles was traced to the congregation.

Instead of her normal sermon on Sunday, Eagle Mountain International Church Pastor Terri Copeland Pearsons was forced to spend the majority of her time explaining how the congregation should react to the news that all of the 11 measles cases in Tarrant County had been linked to members or visitors of the church.

"You are more than enough, Jesus, you are more than enough!" Pearsons began. "You're more than enough for any need we have. More than enough, Jesus. For things known and unknown, Jesus, you are more than enough. Can you shout, amen?"

"We're going to talk about some things affecting our church, and as we go through it, we remain steadfast that Jesus is more than enough," she told the congregation. "There has been a ... confirmed case of the measles from the Tarrant County Public Health Department. And that is a really big deal in that America, the United States has been essentially measles free for I think it's 10 years. And so when measles pops up anywhere else in the United States, the health department -- well, you know, it excites them."

Pearsons went on to say that the church was offering free vaccination clinics, and urged those who did not attend to quarantine themselves at home for two weeks.

But the call for vaccinations was made awkward by the fact that Pearsons' father, televangelist Kenneth Copeland, has promoted the idea that vaccines may lead to autism, according to the Dallas Observer.

Tarrant County Public Health Department spokesperson Al Roy told WFAA that people in at least 10 of the cases were not able to produce documentation that they had been vaccinated.

Pearsons did her best on Sunday to try to put a biblical spin on why the church had flip-flopped on its vaccination stance.

"There are a lot of people that think the Bible -- we talk about walking by faith -- it leaves out things such as, I don't know, people just get strange," she said. "But when you read the Old Testament, you find that it is full of precautionary measures, and it is full of the law."

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/dav ... rges-flock

And this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2 ... 06806.html

The Dark Ages were crap, so thanks very much but I don’t want to go back there!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Aug 2013, 08:11

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Control of womens’s bodies by churches?

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Sep 2013, 10:34

Once the churches, “moral crusaders” get a foot in the door through having abortion banned and they start acting on other aspects of life that displeases their oh-so-moral selves:

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2013/08 ... l-reasons/

Lifesaving drug banned for “moral reasons” leaving millions in US without access to it and 100% chance of death through overdosing on even medically prescribed medications.

See that Oxycodone is on that list—I knew I had to be careful with it. That last time I felt like taking some—don’t know if it fits some withdrawal timetable—and felt excruciating pain I resisted for two hours then took 2 Panadol Osteo. Never I took any more of it and returned 11 out of the 20 tablets I got to the hospital pharmacy. a week or two later.

But my surgery was fairly routine, if reasonably major, others no doubt need to take it longer and then run risk of getting dependent on it (was the pain I felt that night real or manufactured by my brain wanting more opiate?) and so of overdosing. But in 37 out of 50 states of the US tough, can’t get it!

Fuck all churches, fuck all moral crusaders!

Ha! This “moral crusader” idiot gets his comeuppance!
http://occupyamerica.crooksandliars.com ... j6Xjz.dpbs
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby annielaurie » 02 Sep 2013, 16:00

Have just read both of these articles and they are beyond appalling, respectively ..

:S
annielaurie
Administrator

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Sep 2013, 16:21

Is what you get when church and state mix.

We will be next if Piss&Moan becomes PM—first Opus Dei PM and a total dickhead and hypocrite.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Sep 2013, 07:24

As I keep saying—churches want more than just controlling womens’ reproductive organs:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017143072

Tragic!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Sep 2013, 06:57

These pro–lifers sure love their guns, with the expected consequences:

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2013/09 ... r-old-man/

Toddler and blind & deaf 107 year old man shot dead.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Sep 2013, 18:31

Battle moving onto medical abortion—RU486. Long article:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/20 ... here/?_r=1
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Oct 2013, 12:21

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Oct 2013, 08:32

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2013, 05:53

Fantastic answer by Hilary Clinton to a religious Repug zealot:

http://www.upworthy.com/dont-ask-hillar ... g=2&c=ufb1

This column is also worth reading:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/how-micha ... 2ws8h.html
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby annielaurie » 02 Nov 2013, 13:06

Okay, Hillary's comment was beyond brilliant. In my opinion she would make one of the best presidents we could ever hope for, and I'm hoping she will run and win, when Obama's term is up.

Also I am hoping as Pres that she can tweek Obamacare into her own version of Hillarycare, which would have worked so much better than his is doing, so far.
annielaurie
Administrator

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Nov 2013, 13:16

Yup, brilliant!

Read the editorial in the Sydney Morning Herald? Kirby was a former Justice of the High Court (our highest court) and is, obviously, gay. A few years ago a Lib Senator tried to besmirch Kirby J—and Howard, then PM, tried to further that along, the creep!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Nov 2013, 14:55

Abortion rights advocates say that both the Texas and Oklahoma laws are among several restrictive abortion provisions being enacted by conservative lawmakers in a number of states.

We are seeing an onslaught like we’ve never seen before,” Ms. Northup of the Center for Reproductive
Rights said in a conference call with reporters. [My emphasis.]

She said the new restrictions were “trumped up” efforts that purport to be aimed at bolstering the health and safety of women but are really designed to restrict women’s access to safe and effective abortions.

In the Oklahoma case, critics of the new law said that rather than making chemically-induced abortions safer, reliance on the old FDA-approved protocol would make them less safe or block them altogether.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/20 ... um=twitter
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Politics