Trumps Daily Briefings

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
Post Reply
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

chris155au wrote:
22 May 2020, 19:36
greggerypeccary wrote:
22 May 2020, 18:47

Do you believe Trump is taking the drug, or was taking it?

A simple yes or no will suffice.
I simply do not know and neither do you.
We're not discussing what you know - we're discussing what you believe.

Do you believe Trump has ever taken the drug?

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10779
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by johnsmith »

Not good news for the US. Up to 300 000 deaths from covid based on new projections if restrictions are eased.

We predict that increased mobility following relaxation of social distancing will lead to resurgence of transmission, keeping all else constant. We predict that deaths over the next two-month period could exceed current cumulative deaths by greater than two-fold, if the relationship between mobility and transmission remains unchanged. Our results suggest that factors modulating transmission such as rapid testing, contact tracing and behavioural precautions are crucial to offset the rise of transmission associated with loosening of social distancing.

Overall, we show that while all US states have substantially reduced their reproduction numbers, we find no evidence that any state is approaching herd immunity or that its epidemic is close to over.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-i ... ed-states/

This is a link to the full report if anyone is interested. It's a pdf.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... ort-23.pdf

I would have copied the conclusion directly but when I tried to paste it it pasted with no space between the words, making it one very long illegible mess.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

Lol    :bgrin

Trump thinks he can override the governors.

Watch his vile sideshow clown get slammed by reporters:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pirVcUD_g0k

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:45

We're not discussing what you know - we're discussing what you believe.

Do you believe Trump has ever taken the drug?
You're making a distinction between "know" and "believe" which certainly is a strange distinction to make. I don't share it.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:04
Not good news for the US. Up to 300 000 deaths from covid based on new projections if restrictions are eased.
We predict that increased mobility following relaxation of social distancing will lead to resurgence of transmission, keeping all else constant. We predict that deaths over the next two-month period could exceed current cumulative deaths by greater than two-fold, if the relationship between mobility and transmission remains unchanged. Our results suggest that factors modulating transmission such as rapid testing, contact tracing and behavioural precautions are crucial to offset the rise of transmission associated with loosening of social distancing.

Overall, we show that while all US states have substantially reduced their reproduction numbers, we find no evidence that any state is approaching herd immunity or that its epidemic is close to over.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-i ... ed-states/

This is a link to the full report if anyone is interested. It's a pdf.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... ort-23.pdf

I would have copied the conclusion directly but when I tried to paste it it pasted with no space between the words, making it one very long illegible mess.
Are you not aware of how utterly wrong Imperial College has been about coronavirus?

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:18
Lol    :bgrin

Trump thinks he can override the governors.

Watch his vile sideshow clown get slammed by reporters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pirVcUD_g0k
How the hell is she "vile?" I don't expect any response given that you're hopeless under scrutiny! :rofl

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:28
"A study of 96,000 hospitalized coronavirus patients on six continents found that those who received an antimalarial drug promoted by President Trump as a "game changer" in the fight against the virus had a significantly higher risk of death compared with those who did not.

People treated with hydroxychloroquine, or the closely related drug chloroquine, were also more likely to develop a type of irregular heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, that can lead to sudden cardiac death, it concluded."
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 6/fulltext
I assume that those 96,000 patients were on their deathbed and would've died anyway, with hydroxychloroquine being given to them as a last resort.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10779
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:21
johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:28
"A study of 96,000 hospitalized coronavirus patients on six continents found that those who received an antimalarial drug promoted by President Trump as a "game changer" in the fight against the virus had a significantly higher risk of death compared with those who did not.

People treated with hydroxychloroquine, or the closely related drug chloroquine, were also more likely to develop a type of irregular heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, that can lead to sudden cardiac death, it concluded."
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 6/fulltext
I assume that those 96,000 patients were on their deathbed and would've died anyway, with hydroxychloroquine being given to them as a last resort.
If that helps you to sleep better.

Of course, you could always read the report and try to inform yourself.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10779
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:09
johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:04
Not good news for the US. Up to 300 000 deaths from covid based on new projections if restrictions are eased.
We predict that increased mobility following relaxation of social distancing will lead to resurgence of transmission, keeping all else constant. We predict that deaths over the next two-month period could exceed current cumulative deaths by greater than two-fold, if the relationship between mobility and transmission remains unchanged. Our results suggest that factors modulating transmission such as rapid testing, contact tracing and behavioural precautions are crucial to offset the rise of transmission associated with loosening of social distancing.

Overall, we show that while all US states have substantially reduced their reproduction numbers, we find no evidence that any state is approaching herd immunity or that its epidemic is close to over.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-i ... ed-states/

This is a link to the full report if anyone is interested. It's a pdf.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... ort-23.pdf

I would have copied the conclusion directly but when I tried to paste it it pasted with no space between the words, making it one very long illegible mess.
Are you not aware of how utterly wrong Imperial College has been about coronavirus?
wrong about what exactly?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:27
wrong about what exactly?
The modelling which said that millions would die. https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/p ... -disgrace/

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10779
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by johnsmith »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:29
johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:27
wrong about what exactly?
The modelling which said that millions would die. https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/p ... -disgrace/
The modelling was based on countries doing nothing tp stop the spread. Since no country did 'nothing', except for maybe Sweden, how can you claim they were wrong?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:39

The modelling was based on countries doing nothing tp stop the spread. Since no country did 'nothing', except for maybe Sweden, how can you claim they were wrong?
Well I mean the same model which modeled the deaths WITH prevention methods. They were WAY off. They're a completer joke along with their now fired disgraced head.

User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:08
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:45

We're not discussing what you know - we're discussing what you believe.

Do you believe Trump has ever taken the drug?
You're making a distinction between "know" and "believe" which certainly is a strange distinction to make. I don't share it.
Lol :bgrin

You don't understand the English language, therefore you think you can get away with not giving an answer.

Jesus, you Trump supporters always have an excuse.

And, as always, you're all cowards.

I won't bother wasting my time with you anymore.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:43

You don't understand the English language, therefore you think you can get away with not giving an answer.
If you want to explain what you think the meaningful distinction is between "know" and "believe" you're welcome to share it. However, it remains very simple - you and I both don't know the truth here! However, I'm sure that you'll continue to believe that you know everything.
Jesus, you Trump supporters always have an excuse.
You think that I'm a Trump supporter? :rofl I'm Australian - why the hell would I support ANY US politician?
I won't bother wasting my time with you anymore.
Of course you won't! Engaging with me would require you to be competent at standing up to scrutiny - which you've demonstrated that you're utterly incapable of doing! :rofl

User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:50
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:43

You don't understand the English language, therefore you think you can get away with not giving an answer.
If you want to explain what you think the meaningful distinction is between "know" and "believe" you're welcome to share it. However, it remains very simple - you and I both don't know the truth here! However, I'm sure that you'll continue to believe that you know everything.
Jesus, you Trump supporters always have an excuse.
You think that I'm a Trump supporter? :rofl I'm Australian - why the hell would I support ANY US politician?
I won't bother wasting my time with you anymore.
Of course you won't! Engaging with me would require you to be competent at standing up to scrutiny - which you've demonstrated that you're utterly incapable of doing! :rofl
I'm still getting over the shock of you not understanding the difference between "know" and "believe".

I just hope it's your cowardly way of getting out of answering the question, because if you're really that stupid, well, ... Wow!

User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:50
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 18:43

You don't understand the English language, therefore you think you can get away with not giving an answer.
If you want to explain what you think the meaningful distinction is between "know" and "believe" you're welcome to share it.
Yesterday, I had no reason to believe that you wouldn't understand the difference between "know" and "believe".

Today, I know better.

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:16

Today, I know better.
And presumably you BELIEVE it to be the case.

User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:19
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:16

Today, I know better.
And presumably you BELIEVE it to be the case.
No.

I know it to be the case.

"You're making a distinction between "know" and "believe" which certainly is a strange distinction to make. I don't share it."

chris155au
Cheetah
Posts: 1277
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 21:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by chris155au »

greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:26
chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:19
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:16

Today, I know better.
And presumably you BELIEVE it to be the case.
No.

I know it to be the case.

"You're making a distinction between "know" and "believe" which certainly is a strange distinction to make. I don't share it."
You seem to be saying that you KNOW that Trump isn't taking it.

User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:35
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:26
chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:19
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 19:16

Today, I know better.
And presumably you BELIEVE it to be the case.
No.

I know it to be the case.

"You're making a distinction between "know" and "believe" which certainly is a strange distinction to make. I don't share it."
You seem to be saying that you KNOW that Trump isn't taking it.
I believe Trump isn't taking it.

Why?

1. He's a proven pathological liar.

2. His doctor hasn't corroborated his story.

3. It would be very unlikely that someone would (or would want to) give the POTUS a drug that has serious side effects, including sudden death.

Based on these things that I know, I believe he isn't taking the drug.

Do you believe he's taking the drug?

I'm curious.

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5776
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by pinkeye »

chris155au wrote:
21 May 2020, 16:35
johnsmith wrote:
21 May 2020, 16:14

FDA has to approve all prescription drug use in the USA ... in or out of a hospital
Yes, and this drug has been around for roughly one million years.
what drug..?? U do know drugs didn't exist a million yrs ago.?
Yeah? :roll
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5776
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by pinkeye »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:21
johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:28
"A study of 96,000 hospitalized coronavirus patients on six continents found that those who received an antimalarial drug promoted by President Trump as a "game changer" in the fight against the virus had a significantly higher risk of death compared with those who did not.

People treated with hydroxychloroquine, or the closely related drug chloroquine, were also more likely to develop a type of irregular heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, that can lead to sudden cardiac death, it concluded."
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 6/fulltext
I assume that those 96,000 patients were on their deathbed and would've died anyway, with hydroxychloroquine being given to them as a last resort.
You make a lot of assumptions. You know what that means.
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5776
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by pinkeye »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:08
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:45

We're not discussing what you know - we're discussing what you believe.

Do you believe Trump has ever taken the drug?
You're making a distinction between "know" and "believe" which certainly is a strange distinction to make. I don't share it.
OH..?? Well that explains everything. :bgrin :jump :bike

From that... I can only think you actually consider that your belief is somehow a self-evident fact.?
What the fuck are you saying.? Belief and Know are the same.?
Surely not. You COULD try harder to make your position clearer.
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
Posts: 3330
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by DonDeeHippy »

The images [of airport chaos] showed how a policy intended to block the pathogen’s entry into the United States instead delivered one final viral infusion. As those exposed travelers fanned out into U.S. cities and suburbs, they became part of an influx from Europe that went unchecked for weeks and helped to seal the country’s coronavirus fate.
Epidemiologists contend the U.S. outbreak was driven overwhelmingly by viral strains from Europe rather than China. More than 1.8 million travelers entered the United States from Europe in February alone as that continent became the center of the pandemic. Infections reached critical mass in New York and other cities well before the White House took action, according to studies mapping the virus’s spread. The crush of travelers triggered by Trump’s announcement only added to that viral load.

When trump banned travel to China at the end of January all the major airlines in the world had stopped their routs into china, so the ban was too late and meant nothing...
Europe is where trump really screwed the pooch...

Trump tees up controversy as he plays golf in a pandemic. The president visited his own golf club in Virginia as the US coronavirus death toll approaches 100,000

At least he got to play golf, might as well, he is useless as the American leader... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

User avatar
greggerypeccary
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5122
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Trumps Daily Briefings

Post by greggerypeccary »

chris155au wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:13
greggerypeccary wrote:
23 May 2020, 11:18
Lol    :bgrin

Trump thinks he can override the governors.

Watch his vile sideshow clown get slammed by reporters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pirVcUD_g0k
How the hell is she "vile?" I don't expect any response given that you're hopeless under scrutiny! :rofl
She's a hypocrite (she was totally against Trump running for President - said he wasn't good enough) who makes a living from defending a pathological liar responsible for the deaths of 100,000 people.

Vile is a perfect word to describe that creature.

"vile: extremely unpleasant"

Post Reply