Chinese Companies exploiting us

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 26 Mar 2020, 19:23

I never managed to leave the country because of the cruise ship cancellations and airlines restrictions. I was saved from my wife’s determination to travel at all cost!

So I been monitoring the articles on his site for a few days and noticed how this site is so mundane and boring!

The site needs a bit of spice that normally comes with controversy, and I prepared to fulfil this task.

Beside what I believe is this disgusting behaviour by predominantly mainland Chinese residents and students with the the baby powder formula.

If the following is an example of the behaviour of a Chinese company allowed to operate in Australia, heaven help us, if they buy our farms and other businesses.

Our govt needs to exclude any purchases of properties or businesses by Mainland Chinese companies when our economy is in a depressed state.

Other Chinese residents should not be offended with Trump’s remark about the "The China Virus" which refers to mainland China.
It would be different if he used the "Chinese Virus" in his comments and I would understand why some would be offended.

Unfortunately, our experiment with multiculturalism amounted with one particular races dictating our life style to our own detriment!

The following is extracted or a précis format of the SMH article.

Chinese-backed company's mission to source Australian medical supplies.

As the coronavirus took hold in Wuhan earlier this year, staff from the Chinese government-backed global property giant Greenland Group were instructed to put their normal work on hold and source bulk supplies of essential medical items to ship back to China.

The Greenland group, which is majority owned by the Shanghai government, has sold more than a billion dollars worth of residential apartments in Sydney and Melbourne since its arrival in 2013.

A whistleblower from the company has told the Herald it was a worldwide Greenland effort - and the Sydney office was no different, sourcing bulk supplies of surgical masks, thermometers, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitisers, gloves and Panadol for shipping.

The company even posted its efforts of packing pallets in the company’s Sydney headquarters on social media.
"Basically all employees, the majority of whom are Chinese, were asked to source whatever medical supplies they could," one company insider told the Herald. This exercise went on for weeks through January and February, he said.

The entire accounts department, contract managers, the human resources team and even receptionists were sent on a mission to find bulk supplies of surgical masks, thermometers, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitisers, gloves and Panadol."There were numerous requests from the HR manager and even our direct reporting line [which] prioritised the assisting of the company in gathering these supplies over other work activities," said the source. The entire accounts department were absent for days as they were out purchasing supplies, he said.

In a statement to the Herald, the Greenland Group confirmed the shipment of medical supplies in January and February saying it "felt compelled ... to assist in efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus, which had caused a shortage of crucial medical supplies in China."
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 04:42

If Australia was in dire need. It would be nice to think that Aussie companies around the world would do the same for us....
Probably wishful thinking though... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 27 Mar 2020, 11:41

DonDeeHippy wrote:If Australia was in dire need. It would be nice to think that Aussie companies around the world would do the same for us....
Probably wishful thinking though... :purple
I doubt they would do it in a underhanded manner as this particular group and possibly involving others companies under China's govt control.
It wouldn’t surprise me, that such behaviour in China would be a treasonable offence.

Many Western Govt's sent medical equipment to Wuhan in their initial outbreak!
Suspecting their govt thinking’s, their reciprocation would involve some form of financial, migration or labour laws changes, to the detriment of the Australian community!

I blame our demise on the Corporate business community and the crazing modern day economist who manage to manipulate our politicians into their line of thinking.
Unfortunately, most of our politicians aren’t normal interested in the well being of our society, unless it compromise their re-election.

These people, ever through greed or ignorance, allowed us to become a colony of Imperialist China economic warfare and demographic policy’s!

I would even go as far in suggesting that our country’s security is compromised by the lack of loyalty as shown by residents from mainland China.
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 12:45

Chuck wrote:Many Western Govt's sent medical equipment to Wuhan in their initial outbreak!


china has sent many supplies elsewhere as well. Italy got sent many containers full of supplies, plus doctors to assist.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10012
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 28 Mar 2020, 19:05

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Many Western Govt's sent medical equipment to Wuhan in their initial outbreak!


china has sent many supplies elsewhere as well. Italy got sent many containers full of supplies, plus doctors to assist.

What concession has Italy had to concede to get their assistance from China?

I’ve heard rumours, that the stuff that was sent from here to China, has been offered back to us at an exorbitant prices!

Someone mentioned it is a racket run by the private migration agency and some of these agency’s can source a portion of the stack within Australia.
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Bongalong » 28 Mar 2020, 19:51

Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:If Australia was in dire need. It would be nice to think that Aussie companies around the world would do the same for us....
Probably wishful thinking though... :purple
I doubt they would do it in a underhanded manner as this particular group and possibly involving others companies under China's govt control.
It wouldn’t surprise me, that such behaviour in China would be a treasonable offence.

Many Western Govt's sent medical equipment to Wuhan in their initial outbreak!
Suspecting their govt thinking’s, their reciprocation would involve some form of financial, migration or labour laws changes, to the detriment of the Australian community!

I blame our demise on the Corporate business community and the crazing modern day economist who manage to manipulate our politicians into their line of thinking.
Unfortunately, most of our politicians aren’t normal interested in the well being of our society, unless it compromise their re-election.

These people, ever through greed or ignorance, allowed us to become a colony of Imperialist China economic warfare and demographic policy’s!

I would even go as far in suggesting that our country’s security is compromised by the lack of loyalty as shown by residents from mainland China.

The Chinese have been here a long time :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 28 Mar 2020, 20:04

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:If Australia was in dire need. It would be nice to think that Aussie companies around the world would do the same for us....
Probably wishful thinking though... :purple
I doubt they would do it in a underhanded manner as this particular group and possibly involving others companies under China's govt control.
It wouldn’t surprise me, that such behaviour in China would be a treasonable offence.

Many Western Govt's sent medical equipment to Wuhan in their initial outbreak!
Suspecting their govt thinking’s, their reciprocation would involve some form of financial, migration or labour laws changes, to the detriment of the Australian community!

I blame our demise on the Corporate business community and the crazing modern day economist who manage to manipulate our politicians into their line of thinking.
Unfortunately, most of our politicians aren’t normal interested in the well being of our society, unless it compromise their re-election.

These people, ever through greed or ignorance, allowed us to become a colony of Imperialist China economic warfare and demographic policy’s!

I would even go as far in suggesting that our country’s security is compromised by the lack of loyalty as shown by residents from mainland China.

The Chinese have been here a long time :beer
Not in such large numbers, to misbehave arrogantly!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Bongalong » 28 Mar 2020, 20:18

Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:If Australia was in dire need. It would be nice to think that Aussie companies around the world would do the same for us....
Probably wishful thinking though... :purple
I doubt they would do it in a underhanded manner as this particular group and possibly involving others companies under China's govt control.
It wouldn’t surprise me, that such behaviour in China would be a treasonable offence.

Many Western Govt's sent medical equipment to Wuhan in their initial outbreak!
Suspecting their govt thinking’s, their reciprocation would involve some form of financial, migration or labour laws changes, to the detriment of the Australian community!

I blame our demise on the Corporate business community and the crazing modern day economist who manage to manipulate our politicians into their line of thinking.
Unfortunately, most of our politicians aren’t normal interested in the well being of our society, unless it compromise their re-election.

These people, ever through greed or ignorance, allowed us to become a colony of Imperialist China economic warfare and demographic policy’s!

I would even go as far in suggesting that our country’s security is compromised by the lack of loyalty as shown by residents from mainland China.

The Chinese have been here a long time :beer
Not in such large numbers, to misbehave arrogantly!

They've had a long time to set up shop and they know how numbers work! :Hi :huh :OMG
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 28 Mar 2020, 20:46

Bongalong wrote:
Not in such large numbers, to misbehave arrogantly!
They've had a long time to set up shop and they know how numbers work! :Hi :huh :OMG
Do u mean that they are great at exploiting a dire situations,

Your use of statistics appears to mask the seriousness of this virus!
I’m intrigued with ur reasons, why ur so blasé about this virus.
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Bongalong » 28 Mar 2020, 20:55

Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Not in such large numbers, to misbehave arrogantly!
They've had a long time to set up shop and they know how numbers work! :Hi :huh :OMG
Do u mean that they are great at exploiting a dire situations,

Your use of statistics appears to mask the seriousness of this virus!
I’m intrigued with ur reasons, why ur so blasé about this virus.

I'm not using statistics! I'm just saying the Chinese have always been a huge population and they know what it is to be dirt-poor: in that situation wouldn't you take the first opportunity to Nirvana for you and your family?
We're all exploitative ....
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby johnsmith » 29 Mar 2020, 10:43

Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Many Western Govt's sent medical equipment to Wuhan in their initial outbreak!


china has sent many supplies elsewhere as well. Italy got sent many containers full of supplies, plus doctors to assist.

What concession has Italy had to concede to get their assistance from China?

I’ve heard rumours, that the stuff that was sent from here to China, has been offered back to us at an exorbitant prices!

Someone mentioned it is a racket run by the private migration agency and some of these agency’s can source a portion of the stack within Australia.


thy didn't have to allow a military base, which is the only way the US helps.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10012
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby johnsmith » 29 Mar 2020, 10:45

Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Not in such large numbers, to misbehave arrogantly!
They've had a long time to set up shop and they know how numbers work! :Hi :huh :OMG
Do u mean that they are great at exploiting a dire situations,

Your use of statistics appears to mask the seriousness of this virus!
I’m intrigued with ur reasons, why ur so blasé about this virus.


exploiting dire situations? isn't that what the west wanted for the last 50 yrs, for china to move to capitalism? now that they do you cry. Get over it.

If my family in europe asked me to send them supplies I would. I wouldn't expect any less from the Chinese sending stuff to their families
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10012
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 29 Mar 2020, 15:05

Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Not in such large numbers, to misbehave arrogantly!
They've had a long time to set up shop and they know how numbers work! :Hi :huh :OMG
Do u mean that they are great at exploiting a dire situations,

Your use of statistics appears to mask the seriousness of this virus!
I’m intrigued with ur reasons, why ur so blasé about this virus.
Firstly, I need to apologise to u, my intention was to direct my comments to the another poster.

It should have been directed to DDH!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 29 Mar 2020, 18:09

johnsmith wrote:exploiting dire situations? isn't that what the west wanted for the last 50 yrs, for china to move to capitalism? now that they do you cry. Get over it.

If my family in europe asked me to send them supplies I would. I wouldn't expect any less from the Chinese sending stuff to their families
I can’t recall ever mentioning that u should be banned from assisting an overseas family member!

What I find abhorrent, is these people’s mentality to exploit any situation simply to profiteer.
They never take into consideration the effects it may have on others. As an example, with the baby formula powder, it became a profitable business venture for the elders and student residents. They made a choice to being indifferent to the consequences that young mothers at home will face.

It sounds like any Chinese company’s with branches of any Chinese govt dept as minor stack holder, that is operating within Australia, will follow their instruction.

Besides receiving assistance from the outside, they used underhanded tactics to receive extra medical equipment, simply for propaganda reasons.

Any other nation would simply ask for extra assistance, but this pariah nation simply wanted to save face amongst their people.

In the case of Italy, they publicly asked the EU for extra assistance, even thou it wasn’t initially fore coming.
It is currently receiving some assistance from Germany with medivac of patient's for treatment.

I prepared to make the following prediction that if the USA situation deteriorates even further, China will force Taiwan into their fold.
Especially, if Taiwan wants to avoid bloodshed , as the US will not have available resources to counter China's aggression!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby pinkeye » 30 Mar 2020, 01:38

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Not in such large numbers, to misbehave arrogantly!
They've had a long time to set up shop and they know how numbers work! :Hi :huh :OMG
Do u mean that they are great at exploiting a dire situations,

Your use of statistics appears to mask the seriousness of this virus!
I’m intrigued with ur reasons, why ur so blasé about this virus.

I'm not using statistics! I'm just saying the Chinese have always been a huge population and they know what it is to be dirt-poor: in that situation wouldn't you take the first opportunity to Nirvana for you and your family?
We're all exploitative ....


True that .. :thumb

We are ALL HUMANS... so we ought to KNOW what to expect.!! :roll
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby johnsmith » 30 Mar 2020, 11:00

Chuck wrote:What I find abhorrent, is these people’s mentality to exploit any situation simply to profiteer.


then you've spent your life living in a cave. You can bet your arse many westerners are profiteering from this as we speak.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10012
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby johnsmith » 30 Mar 2020, 11:03

Chuck wrote:In the case of Italy, they publicly asked the EU for extra assistance, even thou it wasn’t initially fore coming.
It is currently receiving some assistance from Germany with medivac of patient's for treatment.


which the EU for the most part ignored. Most of the help Italy has received has been from China and Russia

The Russians sent 9 shipping containers full of ventillators and PPE to help them, plus a planeload of doctors.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10012
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Chinese Companies exploiting us

Postby Chuck » 30 Mar 2020, 19:04

johnsmith wrote:exploiting dire situations? isn't that what the west wanted for the last 50 yrs, for china to move to capitalism? now that they do you cry. Get over it.

If people haven’t changed over 50yrs, why do u have expectations that people need to change when it comes to racial and religious makeup of country?

Normally, western countries try to engender benefits to both parties, and part of their agenda is to encourage freedom for the opposite parties, people.

My opinion, is the Iraq war was started simply to establish a country that was in the Western mould.
Thus remove the oil need from the abhorrent Saudi govt!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 876
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal


Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests