Telstra same sex ad.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Telstra same sex ad.

Postby Chuck » 10 Sep 2019, 17:11

When I get on the piss, I start thinking of what society should discuss on the Internet.

Is it appropriate for TV stations to advertise this same sex ad - the latest Telstra - during normal hours that children are viewing TV.

My habit is to look at issues from a contrarian point of view. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the arguments that I put forward is necessarily my personal view.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I love to shit stir to get a discussion started!.

It’s important to discuss these issue that may influence ur child!

Chuck
Chuck
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Re: Telstra same sex ad.

Postby greggerypeccary » 10 Sep 2019, 17:19

Is it appropriate for TV stations to advertise opposite sex ads during normal hours that children are viewing TV?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 10 Sep 2019, 18:04

greggerypeccary wrote:Is it appropriate for TV stations to advertise opposite sex ads during normal hours that children are viewing TV?
Does repeating a question, is actually responding to a questions put forward, either for it or against it?

I know my grammar skills may not be that great, but any normal person should be able to get the gist of what I’m trying to convey.

Chuck
Chuck
Feral cat

Postby chris155au » 10 Sep 2019, 18:08

Chuck wrote:When I get on the piss, I start thinking of what society should discuss on the Internet.

Is it appropriate for TV stations to advertise this same sex ad - the latest Telstra - during normal hours that children are viewing TV.

My habit is to look at issues from a contrarian point of view. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the arguments that I put forward is necessarily my personal view.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I love to shit stir to get a discussion started!.

Chuck

A link to the ad or an article that refers to it might have helped, or even a description of what is actually in the ad. A Google search for "telstra same sex ad" returned no relevant results.
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 10 Sep 2019, 18:08

Chuck wrote:but any normal person should be able to get the gist of what I’m trying to convey.

any normal person would get the gist of what Greg was trying to say too :PC
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 10 Sep 2019, 19:36

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:but any normal person should be able to get the gist of what I’m trying to convey.

any normal person would get the gist of what Greg was trying to say too :PC
Ur welcome to be his interpreter!

He sounds like a typical Geordie at a Union meeting! Where the members scream out "get an interpreter" so we can understand him.

Chuck
Chuck
Feral cat

Postby johnsmith » 10 Sep 2019, 20:06

Chuck wrote:Ur welcome to be his interpreter!

ok

you're an idiot

Is that clear enough now?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 10 Sep 2019, 20:30

Chuck, you still haven't told us what is actually in the ad.
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby Chuck » 10 Sep 2019, 20:41

johnsmith wrote:

ok

you're an idiot

That’s ur questionable interpretation of what the posters intent!

I’ll leave it at that for the moment - trying not to denigrate myself to ur mental capacity.

Chuck
Chuck
Feral cat

Postby chris155au » 10 Sep 2019, 20:49

What am I, INVISIBLE Chuck?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 10 Sep 2019, 21:37

Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

ok

you're an idiot

That’s ur questionable interpretation of what the posters intent!

I’ll leave it at that for the moment - trying not to denigrate myself to ur mental capacity.

Chuck

nothing questionable about my interpretation. It's as clear cut as it gets.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Sep 2019, 05:00

I think it’s much worse them showing junk food commercials on tv, the kids will take a lot more attention to those than some telstra add with the very adult concepts of same sex couples. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Sep 2019, 07:02

Chuck wrote:

Yes.

Why wouldn't it be?

Children use phones.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Sep 2019, 10:23

Chuck wrote:When I get on the piss, I start thinking of what society should discuss on the Internet.

Chuck

Influence them how?

Are you saying that they're more likely to use Telstra, because same sex couples are better at selling products and services?

Or, are you saying that seeing same sex couples on TV ads will make children want to be gay? Surely not.

You do understand that one's sexuality is not a choice, yeah? You can't actually choose to be gay or straight.

Kids don't see gay couples on TV and go "Hey, that looks good - I think I might be gay".

And (just for the sake of the argument), even if they did, what does it matter?

Gay, straight, bi, whatever - who cares?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby chris155au » 11 Sep 2019, 15:25

It looks like Chuck has checked out of his own thread before even telling us what is actually in the ad!
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Sep 2019, 16:54

Nothing wrong with same sex families so this thread is even more pointless than your two abortion threads.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 11 Sep 2019, 17:46

HBS Guy wrote:Nothing wrong with same sex families so this thread is even more pointless than your two abortion threads.

Why are you directing that to me when I didn't say anything about same sex families AND I'm not the creator of this thread?
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Sep 2019, 17:55

Comparing not directing.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 11 Sep 2019, 21:37

greggerypeccary wrote:

Chuck

Influence them how?

Are you saying that they're more likely to use Telstra, because same sex couples are better at selling products and services?

Kids don't see gay couples on TV and go "Hey, that looks good - I think I might be gay".

Or, are you saying that seeing same sex couples on TV ads will make children want to be gay? Surely not.

It’s a possibility that it may influence children into believing that the majority of people are latently sexually oriented that way. When the correct message should be, that these people sexually behaviour are at odds with the majority of the population.

You do understand that one's sexuality is not a choice, yeah? You can't actually choose to be gay or straight.

Just to re-educate u on sexual behaviour, so Bi-sexual's don’t pick and choose who they will have sex with?

Geneticists haven’t be able to confirm any markers that it isn’t a life style choice as yet.

Good night. Chuck
Chuck
Feral cat

Postby Bongalong » 11 Sep 2019, 22:32

HBS Guy wrote:Nothing wrong with same sex families so this thread is even more pointless than your two abortion threads.

Why is nobody allowed to disagree on this forum?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby chris155au » 11 Sep 2019, 22:47

Bongalong wrote:

Why is nobody allowed to disagree on this forum?

That's a VERY good question mate! I had two abortion threads that have been locked! :rofl JOKE forum!
chris155au
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 11 Sep 2019, 23:09

Chuck wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Is it appropriate for TV stations to advertise opposite sex ads during normal hours that children are viewing TV?
Does repeating a question, is actually responding to a questions put forward, either for it or against it?

I know my grammar skills may not be that great, but any normal person should be able to get the gist of what I’m trying to convey.

Chuck

Ah,,, but you don't read and comprehend it, very well do you?

Is it appropriate for TV stations to advertise this same sex ad -
s it appropriate for TV stations to advertise opposite sex ads
Chuck wrote:

Chuck
+++

YOU THINK?

NYET. Na Ha. Nope. Not the same.

No normal person here would understand your point. It is NOT a point.

See I never saw your same-sex :roll Telstra ad. If I DID.. it didn't HAVE any need for me to comment. I mean.. what IS your point. ??

You are aggrieved by it.? It upsets your sense of propriety.?

What?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 11 Sep 2019, 23:13

Oh yes a good question GP when adverts support the status quo , often, of male dominance.
I KNOW.
I found MUCH advertising extremely male-centric, when I was surviving. I couldn't actually watch TV, especially adverts, because the bias was so strong, and yet, so hidden and accepted in daily Australian lives.

There is NO ROOM for this sort of prejudice in a society like ours, which has got so many other targets to slay/ I want to puke.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Sep 2019, 06:47

Chuck wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Chuck

Influence them how?

It’s a possibility that it may influence children into believing that the majority of people are latently sexually oriented that way. When the correct message should be, that these people sexually behaviour are at odds with the majority of the population.

Just to re-educate u on sexual behaviour, so Bi-sexual's don’t pick and choose who they will have sex with?

Geneticists haven’t be able to confirm any markers that it isn’t a life style choice as yet.

Good night. Chuck

You're confusing sexuality with sexual acts.

I repeat: one's sexuality is not a choice. You can not choose to be gay, straight or bi.

You can choose who you have sex with, but you can't choose who you're sexually attracted to.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 12 Sep 2019, 11:06

greggerypeccary wrote:
Chuck wrote:Is it appropriate for TV stations to advertise this same sex ad - the latest Telstra - during normal hours that children are viewing TV.

Chuck
You're confusing sexuality with sexual acts.

I repeat: one's sexuality is not a choice. You can not choose to be gay, straight or bi.

You can choose who you have sex with, but you can't choose who you're sexually attracted to.

This wasn’t a comments that I made, but with time and being in a certain environment, or a person In poor mental state could opt to alter their sexual orientation.

As an example, long term prisoners or people of weak characters who seek companionship may switch.

Back to the ads!

Telstra ad upsets gay activist Andrew James: In the ad, two men on a camping trip become suspicious when their two mates disappear into a tent. It later emerges they are simply watching cricket on the same mobile phone.

"Gay men who do choose to have sex in a tent should not have to be afraid of getting caught by their friends," Mr James' writes on his website, engayment.org.'"

Telstra new ad shows two blokes sitting in a car, and one of them ring his parents to them that tell them that they got engaged.

I not saying that they should be banned, but they should shown later at night etc.

Maybe the person that is in charge of Telstra advertising, is acting as a same sex lobbyists?

Chuck

Chuck
Chuck
Feral cat

Next

Return to Politics