Another Mass Shooting in the USA

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Another Mass Shooting in the USA

Postby greggerypeccary » 14 Aug 2019, 07:04

257 mass shootings in the US so far this year.

Jesus Christ! :roll

The latest one occurred in Illinois, where 6 people were shot.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby hatty » 14 Aug 2019, 08:17

The shit show that is the NRA.... (humorous)

http://digg.com/video/john-oliver-last-week-tonight-nra
hatty
Cheetah

Postby DreamRyderX » 14 Aug 2019, 08:24

greggerypeccary wrote:257 mass shootings in the US so far this year.

Chicago, Illinois ....... lawdie, lawdie, lawdie ....... the strictest gun laws in all the USA .... Obama's hood .... Al Capone's home town .... prolly just another Image gang on gang.....drug related....black on black shootout fer wearin' the wrong gang colors ...... on the wrong block .... on the wrong day ..... in the wrong month ..... at the wrong time. Image Shit happens .... go back ta sleep. :zzzz

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 14 Aug 2019, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
The US Constitution is not an instrument for the US Government to restrain the American People,
it is an instrument for the American People to restrain the US Government.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Feral cat

Postby hatty » 14 Aug 2019, 08:32

DreamRyderX wrote:

Chicago, Illinois ....... lawdie, lawdie, lawdie ....... the strictest gun laws in all the USA .... Obama's hood .... Al Capone's home town .... prolly just another Image gang on gang.....drug related....black on black shootout fer wearin' the wrong gang colors ...... on the wrong block .... on the wrong day ..... in the wrong month ..... at the wrong time. Image Shit happens .... go back ta sleep. :zzzz

shit happens

says everything we need to know about old mate ryder and many americans it seems
hatty
Cheetah

Postby DreamRyderX » 14 Aug 2019, 08:56

Awwww hatty......it's only Chicago. Image

Leftist, Progressive, stronghold for over 60+ years!

Most draconian gun-laws in all America.

Where The Barrack Messiah was a community organizer before bein' presiden.....

Like it dun sez.........SHIT HAPPENS! Image

The US Constitution is not an instrument for the US Government to restrain the American People,
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Feral cat

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Aug 2019, 09:19

Shit does not just happen when the shit is over 250 mass shootings. There are enablers, like the NRA.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 14 Aug 2019, 10:13

hatty wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

shit happens

says everything we need to know about old mate ryder and many americans it seems

Yep, they don't care about innocent kids being gunned down in the streets.

Their shiny little phallic toys are all that matter to them.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby hatty » 14 Aug 2019, 11:43

Shit happens

your own words Ryder

nice pics of fuckwits with guns.

It's america's pissweak controls that allows them to get hold of them in the first place so i'll tip my hat to you for proving my point :hlo

numbers...... in this case just happen to be real fucking people

the murderous cunts america is happy to let get a hold of a firearm...

and worst............. the victims.

idiots
hatty
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 14 Aug 2019, 12:07

pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Speaking of mass shootings, I’m going feral pig hunting in Texas in January with a bunch of friends. I know you all will be horrified, but I’ll be using my AR-15 for this.

You're comparing innocent human lives to feral pigs?

Lol, Greg. Lighten up.

Yeah ..feral pigs can be good eating.

But I must admit, the only pig-hunt I've been on, we had long guns... more sporting, don't you know.?

nah.. that's what the farmer had. We had a 3.03. Those pigs saw us coming, long time. :roll :bgrin :bgrin Saw nothing but a bit of dust and some swiftly moving shapes.

We got back to the homestead with nothing. But still had the best pork roast I've ever had, courtesy of Ma Farmer.

My rifle is sporting too. The magazine can hold a lot of rounds, but very likely I will be using a smaller magazine than the one in the picture and shooting 1 careful round when I shoot. If there are a group of hogs, I will carefully take one down. When that happens, I know the rest of them will run into the brush. I'll try, but if I get a second or third shot, I'll be lucky. With that scope, I've got this rifle set up for precision, not "spray and pray."
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 14 Aug 2019, 12:30

I've run the numbers, and since 2001 when we invaded Afghanistan after 9/11, we have lost more people to murder in Chicago than the number of soldiers we have lost in Afghanistan and Iraq combined. The vast majority of these victims and suspects are of one small demographic. Sadly, neither the left wing or right wing, Democrats or Republicans, talk about it.

Not a word. The Republicans are too afraid to talk about it, and the Democrats really don't care. They only care if a killing fits a certain racial narrative. Otherwise, they don't care. And neither side DOES anything about the root problems that underlie this carnage.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 14 Aug 2019, 12:34

SethBullock wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Speaking of mass shootings, I’m going feral pig hunting in Texas in January with a bunch of friends. I know you all will be horrified, but I’ll be using my AR-15 for this.

Lol, Greg. Lighten up.

But I must admit, the only pig-hunt I've been on, we had long guns... more sporting, don't you know.?

nah.. that's what the farmer had. We had a 3.03. Those pigs saw us coming, long time. :roll :bgrin :bgrin Saw nothing but a bit of dust and some swiftly moving shapes.

We got back to the homestead with nothing. But still had the best pork roast I've ever had, courtesy of Ma Farmer.

My rifle is sporting too. The magazine can hold a lot of rounds, but very likely I will be using a smaller magazine than the one in the picture and shooting 1 careful round when I shoot. If there are a group of hogs, I will carefully take one down. When that happens, I know the rest of them will run into the brush. I'll try, but if I get a second or third shot, I'll be lucky. With that scope, I've got this rifle set up for precision, not "spray and pray."

How does a scope allow accuracy at various range?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 14 Aug 2019, 12:45

HBS Guy wrote:Shit does not just happen when the shit is over 250 mass shootings. There are enablers, like the NRA.

Enablers, that's a crock.....We American's have always wanted, & will always want, our guns......

To most Americans, the shootings are, to us Americans, are the price of Freedom, a price that we despise paying, but to stay Free, a price will always have to pay.....to some, more than ever before.......but it's our way of life......We Americans will never give up our Freedom & Liberty...no matter the heartache, whatever the unfortunate cost.

I know you & your mates will never understand that, but we have never known it any other way.....Freedom has never been Free. A price will always need to be paid.

True, as Seth has said, we have always had guns.....generations, upon generations before mine had guns....plenty of guns.....& now it's somehow gone worse, not because of the guns, but because there has been a breakdown in values & morals.....family values.....in today's society.

Single parent households hardly existed when I was a growing up, as compared to today.

Schools taught kids to respect for family....they taught values....

Our parents (both of them) taught children to respect both God & family, but today there is no discipline, it's either been taken away from the parent(s) by the state, or today's parents have flat out abdicated their responsibility, causing a moral decay that didn't exist in the 50's & 60's. Society & parenting, instead of advancing & improving, has gone from good, to indifferent, to worse along with the times.

The NRA isn't the problem. It's the simple minded, feel better mob, who, in their desire to easily absolve themselves of their own moral decay.....they who are the problem.....those so called "Progressives", who through their permissiveness, has allowed generations to become more & more undisciplined.....has allowed the cancer they gave birth to, to lower societies moral values, infect government, & enabled the decline of the wholesome family structure itself.

The NRA, to most Americans, protects & defends our Right to keep & use firearms, to defend our own lives, & the lives of our loved ones.

The NRA is not the problem.

Guns are not the problem.

An undisciplined Society is the problem......societies overly gentle approach to punishing criminals is the problem.......spoiled & undisciplined children are growing up to become the problem.

And this problem does not exist solely in America, with Americans.

I've lived in America all my life before coming here to Australia.

I've seen the good & bad in both societies.

Australia is also sliding down into the same hole, faster, IMHO, at times than America has, its just that Australia's societal problem seems smaller because he population is small, living in large country, land wise, & maturity wise, the Australian population is still "wet behind the ears", compared to America, in her short time as an innocent State within it's own right.

Australia, as time goes on, will realize that much of what good fortune she has relied upon, has been more due to her luck, than her clever skill, when avoiding misfortune that her future's growth will surely & unavoidably cause.

Remember, in 1850 America was still a small country like Australia, with a small population of only 23 million, so when Australia grows bigger ..... to 300+ million ..... we'll see how those growing pains treated her, especially if she continues to permit discipline to become an ignored necessity, & allows excessive moral permissiveness to get a stronger foothold in society than it already has. How Australia fares in the next 150 or so years will tell the tale....if China doesn't own it all, & rule the roost by then.....will they be Australia's enablers???

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 14 Aug 2019, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Feral cat

Postby greggerypeccary » 14 Aug 2019, 12:48

DreamRyderX wrote:

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 14 Aug 2019, 13:09

greggerypeccary wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

Check out how handsome Greg thinks he is :tweed
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 14 Aug 2019, 13:15

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Lol, Greg. Lighten up.

How does a scope allow accuracy at various range?

The scope can be adjusted to compensate for longer or shorter ranges. I happen to know in advance that I will be stationed about 100 yards from where the hogs will show up, so I'll go to a range before the hunt and zero the scope at 100 yards. "Zero" means that I will adjust it so the bullet will hit the point of aim (the spot where I set the crosshairs of the scope) at 100 yards.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 14 Aug 2019, 13:55

Cheers bro, so short range is J a guessing game?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 14 Aug 2019, 14:02

DreamRyderX wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Shit does not just happen when the shit is over 250 mass shootings. There are enablers, like the NRA.

Enablers, that's a crock.....We American's have always wanted, & will always want, our guns......

To most Americans, the shootings are, to us Americans, are the price of Freedom, a price that we despise paying, but to stay Free, a price will always have to pay.....to some, more than ever before.......but it's our way of life......We Americans will never give up our Freedom & Liberty...no matter the heartache, whatever the unfortunate cost.

I know you & your mates will never understand that, but we have never known it any other way.....Freedom has never been Free. A price will always need to be paid.

True, as Seth has said, we have always had guns.....generations, upon generations before mine had guns....plenty of guns.....& now it's somehow gone worse, not because of the guns, but because there has been a breakdown in values & morals.....family values.....in today's society.

Single parent households hardly existed when I was a growing up, as compared to today.

Our parents (both of them) taught children to respect both God & family, but today there is no discipline, it's either been taken away from the parent(s) by the state, or today's parents have flat out abdicated their responsibility, causing a moral decay that didn't exist in the 50's & 60's. Society & parenting, instead of advancing & improving, has gone from good, to indifferent, to worse along with the times.

The NRA isn't the problem. It's the simple minded, feel better mob, who, in their desire to easily absolve themselves of their own moral decay.....they who are the problem.....those so called "Progressives", who through their permissiveness, has allowed generations to become more & more undisciplined.....has allowed the cancer they gave birth to, to lower societies moral values, infect government, & enabled the decline of the wholesome family structure itself.

The NRA, to most Americans, protects & defends our Right to keep & use firearms, to defend our own lives, & the lives of our loved ones.

An undisciplined Society is the problem......societies overly gentle approach to punishing criminals is the problem.......spoiled & undisciplined children are growing up to become the problem.

Australia is also sliding down into the same hole, faster, IMHO, at times than America has, its just that Australia's societal problem seems smaller because he population is small, living in large country, land wise, & maturity wise, the Australian population is still "wet behind the ears", compared to America, in her short time as an innocent State within it's own right.

Australia, as time goes on, will realize that much of what good fortune she has relied upon, has been more due to her luck, than her clever skill, when avoiding misfortune that her future's growth will surely & unavoidably cause.

Remember, in 1850 America was still a small country like Australia, with a small population of only 23 million, so when Australia grows bigger ..... to 300+ million ..... we'll see how those growing pains treated her, especially if she continues to permit discipline to become an ignored necessity, & allows excessive moral permissiveness to get a stronger foothold in society than it already has. How Australia fares in the next 150 or so years will tell the tale....if China doesn't own it all, & rule the roost by then.....will they be Australia's enablers???

What a load of hilarious bullshit, talk about deluded and lacking worldly knowledge, you take the cake. You also know nothing of the easily predicted future, Aus will never have any more than 26 million people and that would only be for a very short couple of months before nature in the form of climate change talks over, then the planet will see a rapid decline in humans. Enjoy the ride down, it should be worth watching.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 14 Aug 2019, 14:18

SethBullock wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Lol, Greg. Lighten up.

The AR16 has an effective range of 500m max and short barrels like the one in your photo, just over 200m, if that. You'd have to chamber it for .308 to get any real range and longer barrel that would probably blow your short barrel apart and you with it. When we go pig hunting, my 6.5x55 laser scope is set at 1000m, which gives an accuracy up to that distance and we normally drop them at 3-500m, that way you can get 2-3 shots in before they can work out which way is the danger, scatter and get out of range. Plus it means you don't have to hide behind a tree if they are close and charge, even if shot dead, a big boar or sow can travel over 20m before coming down when at full speed. Have seen the result of that happening, when there was a know it all idiot with us. Thirty plus stitches in his thigh shut him up fast and he never came along again. Load all my own cartridges and use European loads, not piss weak USA loads, EU loads pack the best punch and fire a very smooth accurate shot.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Aug 2019, 06:14

DreamRyderX wrote:

Ahhh it's family breakdown not guns.... well USA and Australia are almost identical with breakdowns of family so the difference is gun control.. So there for, it's no accountability of gun's that is the problem as Australia have guns and no mass shootings....
So you think in 170 years Australia will be as bad as the USA...…. :WTF
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 15 Aug 2019, 07:39

Latest mass shooting in the US is happening right now in Philadelphia.

Several people have been shot, including four police officers.

Perhaps the police need more guns.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 15 Aug 2019, 07:42

Update.

At least six police officers have been shot.

Why don't the police have more guns?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Aug 2019, 08:48

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/ ... cials-say/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — At least six Philadelphia police officers were shot during a gun battle in Philadelphia’s Nicetown-Tioga section and rushed to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, authorities say. Another officer was injured in a car crash while heading to the scene. The scene is still active as the shooter is still armed inside a home.

Sources tell CBS3 the suspect was live-streaming some of the shootout while he barricaded himself inside a building. The source says authorities are working to shut the live-stream down.

the guy is broadcasting it.... The posts where Ryder shows lots of Black guys from Detroit just look sillier with every new week of shootings.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 15 Aug 2019, 08:59

DonDeeHippy wrote:https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/6-philadelphia-police-officers-shot-in-philadelphias-nicetown-tioga-section-officials-say/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — At least six Philadelphia police officers were shot during a gun battle in Philadelphia’s Nicetown-Tioga section and rushed to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, authorities say. Another officer was injured in a car crash while heading to the scene. The scene is still active as the shooter is still armed inside a home.

Sources tell CBS3 the suspect was live-streaming some of the shootout while he barricaded himself inside a building. The source says authorities are working to shut the live-stream down.

the guy is broadcasting it.... The posts where Ryder shows lots of Black guys from Detroit just look sillier with every new week of shootings.... :purple

The gun-nuts tell us that the only solution is more guns.

The police have plenty of guns, and they couldn't stop a mass shooting which has gunned down six of their own.

What's the solution now, guys?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby hatty » 15 Aug 2019, 10:12

it would be laughable except its not

it's so fucking serious

toddlers, cops, pregnant women.... ah fuck em they with the lord now...... bullshit!

and the fucking president cares more about crowd sizes of previous visits to el paso........ than the dead people

no one ..... not even the person who unfortunately supposedly has the biggest say in all this seems to give a fuck.
Last edited by hatty on 15 Aug 2019, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Aussie » 15 Aug 2019, 10:14

greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/6-philadelphia-police-officers-shot-in-philadelphias-nicetown-tioga-section-officials-say/

The gun-nuts tell us that the only solution is more guns.

The police have plenty of guns, and they couldn't stop a mass shooting which has gunned down six of their own.

What's the solution now, guys?

Chat on a US site suggests it was a drug bust gone wrong, but that does not tell the whole story I reckon.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

PreviousNext

Return to Politics