Australia built a hell for refugees on Manus.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Australia built a hell for refugees on Manus.

Postby Gordy » 13 Mar 2018, 16:34

Vulcan wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Nope.

But putting genuine refugees into hell holes is not managing the issue.

Since the Aussie birthrate is low we do need some migrants else no one to support Aussies in their old age.

Genuine Refugees - I totally support.
But like the Dole queue - telling the difference between the Battler and the Bludger, is where the line must be drawn.
Just trying to get into another country through illegal means (like Mexicans do into the USA) and crying Refugee status - is not the answer.
I've worked with 'illegals' who were eventually 'processed' to take residence here. No-gooders in their own country, sneaked into here and still get up to no good here (Most sell drugs around Building Sites). Nothing but parasites attached to the 'Refugee' host.

Gee - remember those boats coming in. Mostly adult males. When a few of them capsized (on purpose?) - the adult males pushed women & children aside, took life-vests off them, etc. Real low lifes and nothing but a greedy migration of over-populated going for the riches of a new land. Refugees? Bah Humbug!

War torn Vietnam. Kosovo. Rwanda. Syria - all 'real' Refugee circumstances.
Those that pay a fortune to smugglers to get them here by crappy boat service (provided by Indonesia and a few other Indian Ocean nations) just for 'migrationary' reasons and then using 'poverty' (poorer than us) as their excuse to get easy access....
...well, 'sponge-off' then. :roll

I do too, Vulcan, and this is why every single refugee we accept MUST be selected by Australia from their country or from proximity countries. This ensures 100% we get the needy.

All others are welcome to apply for the appropriate type of visa.
Gordy
Chihuahua

spamone: Animal

Postby Vulcan » 13 Mar 2018, 16:40

Gordy wrote:
Vulcan wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Nope.

But putting genuine refugees into hell holes is not managing the issue.

Since the Aussie birthrate is low we do need some migrants else no one to support Aussies in their old age.

Genuine Refugees - I totally support.
But like the Dole queue - telling the difference between the Battler and the Bludger, is where the line must be drawn.
Just trying to get into another country through illegal means (like Mexicans do into the USA) and crying Refugee status - is not the answer.
I've worked with 'illegals' who were eventually 'processed' to take residence here. No-gooders in their own country, sneaked into here and still get up to no good here (Most sell drugs around Building Sites). Nothing but parasites attached to the 'Refugee' host.

Gee - remember those boats coming in. Mostly adult males. When a few of them capsized (on purpose?) - the adult males pushed women & children aside, took life-vests off them, etc. Real low lifes and nothing but a greedy migration of over-populated going for the riches of a new land. Refugees? Bah Humbug!

War torn Vietnam. Kosovo. Rwanda. Syria - all 'real' Refugee circumstances.
Those that pay a fortune to smugglers to get them here by crappy boat service (provided by Indonesia and a few other Indian Ocean nations) just for 'migrationary' reasons and then using 'poverty' (poorer than us) as their excuse to get easy access....
...well, 'sponge-off' then. :roll

I do too, Vulcan, and this is why every single refugee we accept MUST be selected by Australia from their country or from proximity countries. This ensures 100% we get the needy.

All others are welcome to apply for the appropriate type of visa.

EXACTLY.

I'm proud of Australia how it actually went in to get Kosovo & Rwandan Refugees away from the mass-conflict.
We housed them here, looked after them and 80% of them decided to go home after the conflicts were over - with a big THANKYOU.
And having seen many 'towns' in Australia with poor 'gene pool' variation - I'm totally supportive of 'immigration'.
BUT - illegal entry ("I'm poor, over-populated and I will kill myself if you do not let me in") arseholes need a big kick up the arse back to where they tried to escape from (most likely their own 'authorities').
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 13 Mar 2018, 19:06

Vulcan wrote:Genuine Refugees - I totally support.

no ones suggesting we open the borders to one and all...

if this guy was granted a temporary protection visa, he's a genuine refugee. If he wasn't he should have been kicked out 5 yrs ago. You can't have it both ways. They've had 2 kids here in the interim.

And there is no need to sneak in at the crack of dawn and treat them like criminals... there were kids present for fucks sake
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 14 Mar 2018, 00:12

johnsmith wrote:

if this guy was granted a temporary protection visa, he's a genuine refugee. If he wasn't he should have been kicked out 5 yrs ago. You can't have it both ways. They've had 2 kids here in the interim.

And there is no need to sneak in at the crack of dawn and treat them like criminals... there were kids present for fucks sake

We do understand, don't we? That Mr Dutton is the man where the buck stops.

Expect no humanity from this man.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby Vulcan » 14 Mar 2018, 13:07

johnsmith wrote:

So what idiot would want to have kids while under such circumstances? :WTF
Oh yeah - irresponsible over-populaters.
Hide behind the 'kid' factor like religious door knockers. :roll
Vulcan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Mar 2018, 13:12

2 kids not 5 kids.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 14 Mar 2018, 13:56

Vulcan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

So what idiot would want to have kids while under such circumstances? :WTF
Oh yeah - irresponsible over-populaters.
Hide behind the 'kid' factor like religious door knockers. :roll

how long do you suggest he put his life on hold for? some of these cases remain in limbo for over a decade.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 14 Mar 2018, 22:11

Any news on the remaining detainees.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby Squire » 15 Mar 2018, 01:18

What Australia did on Manus was a crime by Australia and by PNG.
Squire
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 15 Mar 2018, 01:38

Squire wrote:What Australia did on Manus was a crime by Australia and by PNG.

PNG just toed the line. Don't let the buck pass. And where is the news, our government doesn't want us to hear.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 15 Mar 2018, 09:42

Qld town wants asylum seekers back home

More than 78,000 people have signed a petition to return Tamils Nadesalingam, Priya and their two Australian-born daughters to Biloela, 120 kilometres inland from the port city of Gladstone.

Biloela resident Angela Fredericks started the petition, which calls on Immigration Minister Peter Dutton to let the family return to the town.

The community held a vigil for the family on Wednesday night where Ms Fredericks spoke.

She said other asylum-seeker families, who were in similar situations, had contacted her from around Australia asking how they'd made so many people listen.

"My response is we've got an amazing town, an amazing group of people," she told the crowd.

"This is the start of something much bigger.

"The fight is not over."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/39511857/qld-town-wants-asylum-seekers-back-home/

well done people of Australia
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby mothra » 15 Mar 2018, 09:51

johnsmith wrote:Qld town wants asylum seekers back home

More than 78,000 people have signed a petition to return Tamils Nadesalingam, Priya and their two Australian-born daughters to Biloela, 120 kilometres inland from the port city of Gladstone.

Biloela resident Angela Fredericks started the petition, which calls on Immigration Minister Peter Dutton to let the family return to the town.

The community held a vigil for the family on Wednesday night where Ms Fredericks spoke.

She said other asylum-seeker families, who were in similar situations, had contacted her from around Australia asking how they'd made so many people listen.

"My response is we've got an amazing town, an amazing group of people," she told the crowd.

"This is the start of something much bigger.

"The fight is not over."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/39511857/qld-town-wants-asylum-seekers-back-home/

well done people of Australia

Brilliant! Just when you're embarrassed by your country, a bunch of us go and do something like that. Good on 'em.

And thanks for restoring a little of my faith.
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Mar 2018, 11:59

That refugee family is back home.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 15 Mar 2018, 12:23

HBS Guy wrote:That refugee family is back home.

only cause a last minute legal appeal was launched and they were pulled of the plane ... I don't know how long it'll last before Dutton sends the stormtroopers back.
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby Gordy » 16 Mar 2018, 12:45

Seems this is a case where another type of visa should be available. I've had some good ideas on his recently.
Gordy
Chihuahua

Postby johnsmith » 16 Mar 2018, 13:30

Gordy wrote:Seems this is a case where another type of visa should be available. I've had some good ideas on his recently.

no need, we have a visa that will cover it ... it's called the 'residency visa'
FD.
johnsmith
Warthog

Previous

Return to Politics