SSM

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

SSM

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2017, 17:34

Okay...so I am watching the passing of the Bill. Fuck me drunk....you'd reckon the War had ended! Yayzuz......poofs can marry. The Sun gets up in the morning.

Whoop de do.

:tweed
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: SSM

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Dec 2017, 17:35

Ahahahaha makes some people happy, nobody (need be made) unhappy.

Just sent congrats to my gay niece.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2017, 17:36

It's gonna be quite a day when 'Aussie' gets his first invite to a poof wedding.

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Dec 2017, 17:41

More likely to be roach first, with his “50 gay friends.” :jump
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Dec 2017, 17:43

ABC website:
Amendments designed to boost religious protections have been defeated.

GOOD!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby CaesarAugustus » 07 Dec 2017, 17:49

Aussie wrote:Okay...so I am watching the passing of the Bill. Fuck me drunk....you'd reckon the War had ended! Yayzuz......poofs can marry. The Sun gets up in the morning.

Whoop de do.

Totally agree. Just pass the bill, and get on with economic reforms.
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

spamone: Animal

Postby CaesarAugustus » 07 Dec 2017, 17:50

HBS Guy wrote:ABC website:

GOOD!

So, you don't believe that religious institutions should be allowed to discriminate?
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2017, 17:52

CaesarAugustus wrote:

GOOD!

So, you don't believe that religious institutions should be allowed to discriminate?

There is sufficient protection for that in the Bill which has now passed.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby CaesarAugustus » 07 Dec 2017, 17:59

Aussie wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

GOOD!

Ok, I just read the Bill, I think. Marriage Legislation Amendment Bill 2016 (No. 2). Yes, you're right. I think they've covered it.
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2017, 18:00

Who's paying for that grog the buggers are consuming in Parliament House just outside the House of Reps?

:mad
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby CaesarAugustus » 07 Dec 2017, 18:03

Aussie wrote:Who's paying for that grog the buggers are consuming in Parliament House just outside the House of Reps?

"The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal government, but doesn't have to take the civil service exam...." - Ronald Reagan.
Last edited by CaesarAugustus on 07 Dec 2017, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Dec 2017, 18:41

:bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2017, 19:25

There were some....willing to be seen as voting against. Where there any cowards who hid.....and did not vote? Who were they?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2017, 19:30

The cowards who hid:

Tony Abbott, Andrew Hastie, Michael Sukkar, Kevin Andrews, Scott Morrison, Alex Hawke and George Christensen
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Dec 2017, 19:43

Total reactionaries opposing ME:

Apologies, that wasn’t Christensen that voted no.

It was Russell Broadbent, Keith Pitt, David Littleproud and Bob Katter.

(PBX)

A few cowards like abbott abstained.

HOWEVER

that turd in a suit, Philip Ruddock, is doing his meaningless enquiry into religious protections (or whateverthefuck) so the Bill could be watered down next year. Can NEVER trust a fucking Liberal!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 07 Dec 2017, 21:21

HBS Guy wrote:Ahahahaha makes some people happy, nobody (need be made) unhappy.

Just sent congrats to my gay niece.

What do I say to my transgender niece?

She wont/ maybe can’t even reveal to the family she’s changed both names.... and that was 5 years ago!

But she still went and saw her great gran 4 times before she passed away which leads me to believe she can do anything she wants IMHO!

She wasn’t at the funeral and my brother questioned that but I told him she went and saw great gran atleast 4 times... almost more times than her mum but not quite: her mum was very good too!

.... but they have disagreements!

etc... :roll

She still talks to her brother and sister but I think she wants to be a man... I must say I have trouble saying her first name... etc...but she’s way cool! Not that I really know her that much I suppose!
MilesAway
Pitbull terrier

Postby MilesAway » 07 Dec 2017, 21:26

Aussie wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

GOOD!

Is there?
MilesAway
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Dec 2017, 21:29

Yes, DRAH.

If a young person told his parents he/she was gay and got kicked out the house do you think a charity should be able to turn away that young person based on his/her sexuality?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 07 Dec 2017, 21:30

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Aussie wrote:Who's paying for that grog the buggers are consuming in Parliament House just outside the House of Reps?

"The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal government, but doesn't have to take the civil service exam...." - Ronald Reagan.

Wow, so who else is the taxpayer going to work for? :zzzz
MilesAway
Pitbull terrier

Postby MilesAway » 07 Dec 2017, 21:32

HBS Guy wrote:Yes, DRAH.

If a young person told his parents he/she was gay and got kicked out the house do you think a charity should be able to turn away that young person based on his/her sexuality?

Um, not sure that was ever the question!
MilesAway
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 07 Dec 2017, 21:35

MilesAway wrote:
Aussie wrote:
CaesarAugustus wrote:

GOOD!

Is there?

Yes.

Read the Bill for yourself.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby CaesarAugustus » 08 Dec 2017, 12:38

HBS Guy wrote:Yes, DRAH.

This is an excellent question, and one which sheds light on the issue of abolishing social security. If people become reliant on charities, should they be able to discriminate?

In a libertarian society, yes, they should; but there's also the argument that there would be sufficient amount of secular charities who would not discriminate against people. So, it's a double-edged sword.
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby Vulcan » 08 Dec 2017, 12:49

Although I am a religious person. I was more than happy to see the Gays & Lesbians receive something that has a binding effect on relationships. Congratulations to them all.
Vulcan
puppy

Postby CaesarAugustus » 08 Dec 2017, 12:53

Vulcan wrote:Although I am a religious person. I was more than happy to see the Gays & Lesbians receive something that has a binding effect on relationships. Congratulations to them all.

That's fantastic. What do you think of the idea of abolishing legal marriage, establishing civil unions, and letting marriage be dictated and defined by religious institutions and churches?
CaesarAugustus
Red Czar

Postby Vulcan » 08 Dec 2017, 12:58

CaesarAugustus wrote:
Vulcan wrote:Although I am a religious person. I was more than happy to see the Gays & Lesbians receive something that has a binding effect on relationships. Congratulations to them all.

That's fantastic. What do you think of the idea of abolishing legal marriage, establishing civil unions, and letting marriage be dictated and defined by religious institutions and churches?

Please clarify Mr CaesarAugustus.
Vulcan
puppy

Next

Return to Politics