Self-Help ..Story of a Ride-on Mower

This board is moving to a new board running different, more capable software. Please go here:

http://www.polanimal.com.au/xenforo

You will need to be issued a temporary password on the new board. Please PM HBS Guy, Aussie or mothra for one.

The new board is well worth the little bit of pain involved.

This board will remain open for users who have not posted recently to find the new board

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Self-Help ..Story of a Ride-on Mower

Post by HBS Guy »

Be grass in between the rows of trees. A sprayer might be nice to put in the trailer.

A quad bike might be nice :bgrin

johnsmith
Lion
spamone: Animal

Post by johnsmith »

HBS Guy wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 16:40
Be grass in between the rows of trees. A sprayer might be nice to put in the trailer.

they sell smaller ones for kids/teenagers. That's all you need.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Yeah, bit limited space between the cider apple trees.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Post by Aussie »

johnsmith wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 16:54
HBS Guy wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 16:40

they sell smaller ones for kids/teenagers. That's all you need.
Yes. I'll never forget over at Stradbroke Island. We all hired quad bikes as part of a large group. Eldest Grand-daughter then about ten. They gave her a small one to suit her size....and then asked her to lead the pack after the Lead bloke who knew the course. FMD...we get to a sand cliff edge. Lead bloke disappears...and GD goes straight after him. I get to cliff edge and baulk. Jayzuz. Nah......but then what to do? She has gone down it, so I have no choice. Faaark!

Since then, the inherent danger of the bastards on uneven ground has been debated.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

I consider them dangerous, especially for children, but even adults die or are severely injured quite often.

Besides you don't have enough land to need one you silly billy. :)
sleeping is good for you

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

pinkeye wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 22:52
I consider them dangerous, especially for children, but even adults die or are severely injured quite often.

Besides you don't have enough land to need one you silly billy. :)
My dad lives on a large residential block and kept his ride on from when he owned a few hectares , Love's it, means he doesn't need to walk behind the mower, he also uses it like a tractor with trailer like Monk wants to. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Yeah, a ride on more useful, esp with a trailer, be bloody good.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

They are necessary.. a ride-on , I mean, if you have a hectare or so.

You might do better, considering the size of your land, with a good self-propelled Mower. Limited expenditure of energy, and money on fuel, and Jeez I wouldn't bother with anything else.. Maybe a whipper-snipper.. IF you can use one. I can't.

From what you have said you are going to have very little empty space for anything other than a Mower.

Don't waste your money on inefficient or unnecessary tech. !
sleeping is good for you

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

pinkeye wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 23:41
They are necessary.. a ride-on , I mean, if you have a hectare or so.

You might do better, considering the size of your land, with a good self-propelled Mower. Limited expenditure of energy, and money on fuel, and Jeez I wouldn't bother with anything else.. Maybe a whipper-snipper.. IF you can use one. I can't.

From what you have said you are going to have very little empty space for anything other than a Mower.

Don't waste your money on inefficient or unnecessary tech. !
he wants something he can hitch a trailer on to use to collect his pears and apples
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

just a idea and you can get cheaper...check bunnings
makita wheelbarrow.png
get the whole set of mower, wiper sniper
makita mower.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 10:39
just a idea and you can get cheaper...check bunnings
makita wheelbarrow.png
get the whole set of mower, wiper sniper
makita mower.png

I've never seen a wheelbarrow like that. That'd be perfect for monk although a 4 wheel cart would work better for him.

Just saw the prices of them. :b :b
FD.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Self propelled wheelbarrow?

I do think a rideon is essential—too much empty ground around, all sorts of weeds come up, broom, gorse, that really tough grass etc and then there is the state of my joints! And I hate mowing the fucking lawn! Just like I hate doing the dishes—I will buy a dishwashing machine for sure!

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

I'm the same. I hate doing the dishes. I took a photo once of this towering pile of rinsed but unwashed plates. :bgrin :roll

One day I might try posting photos again.. :bgrin

but anyway, I decided I needed a dishwasher.. but for only one person ??

So I decided to look at mini-washers, designed for caravans etc.
You beauty. :thumb

I saw it on line and bought it on-line and it was delivered to my gate, and it fits perfectly. :yahoo :clap

A 6-placing Dishwasher. I shouldn't write this... so I'm going to rub this wooden table first.!
It uses less than 10 litres water on my fave setting.. and altho it takes a while it works . :thumb
Been enjoying it for a couple of years now.

And cheap too. Bought it from an Aus site.. I think was called something like On-line Appliances Aust. OH or was that where I bought my Air-con.. HMM Nope it was the Dish washer.

Well worth it. :thumb .
sleeping is good for you

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

pinkeye wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 23:12
. I think was called something like On-line Appliances Aust
Appliances online?

https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/?gc ... gJhUPD_BwE

My favourite online retailer. They're brilliant. Order a dishwasher by lunchtime today, it'll be delivered to your door tomorrow. I used to use them all the time when i managed the complex. I even rang to complain 2 weeks after i bought a dishwasher, because I'd just seen the same model in Masters for $250 less. Even though it was two weeks apart, they still refunded me the difference despite telling me that although they looked the same, they weren't. The one they sold me was made in Spain, the one in masters was made in India.

And never order online. Always phone and ask for a further discount. You will just about always get one

Just never use their installation guys, they're far to overpriced. You're better off arranging your own plumber or electrician
FD.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Interesting. Be looking at built in, eye level ovens and grills—bending down not too good for me. And a pressure canner for veg and wort (last, yucky runnings but fine to start a batch of yeast off.) And a dishwasher as discussed, even a little sandwich press for a cheese, ham & tomato toasty. Even sell sinks, rangehoods etc (have a whirligig on the roof above, no need for an electric fan.

Pity they don’t sell ride on mowers :bgrin

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Would love a thermomix, reduce a litre of stock to half a cup of glaze!

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

HBS Guy wrote:
22 Apr 2020, 13:30
Interesting. Be looking at built in, eye level ovens and grills—bending down not too good for me. And a pressure canner for veg and wort (last, yucky runnings but fine to start a batch of yeast off.) And a dishwasher as discussed, even a little sandwich press for a cheese, ham & tomato toasty. Even sell sinks, rangehoods etc (have a whirligig on the roof above, no need for an electric fan.

Pity they don’t sell ride on mowers :bgrin

Agree with JS. Good site. I set it up myself.. :bgrin my mini-dishwasher. I love it.. it is in what is called the Utility Room, these days, but is actually the Laundry. Perfecto Mundo.!!

Touched wood already.

I bought my air-con on line also.. But I think I got that from The Manufacturers. Fujitsu agent in Aus.

Arrived at the gate... I hired a local bloke (out of the local paper ) Got it fitted cheap. No complaints.

But I don't really NEED anything else.. UH OH .. kiss the wood...!

Some of my major electrical appliances are decades old. Fingers crossed.. they don't make'm like that anymore. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Yeah and re Whirly Gigs ..?

I have a very simple layout.. with the stove ( gas stand alone) angled into the top left corner of a relatively large open space. Roughly 13 x 5 sq m.

There wasn't enough airflow. despite the ceiling fan in the centre of the area,, and grease and shit was gathering above the cooker.

Yep you guessed it.. I decided to fit a WG in the roof, above the stove. Got a tin roof.. easy peasy.

Works good , no cost except the clean now and then.

Used to set my smoke alarm off all the time.. NOW is really good.
sleeping is good for you

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Somebody sent me a picture of Pinky’s ride on mower:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

HBS Guy wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 16:54
Somebody sent me a picture of Pinky’s ride on mower:
:yahoo :yahoo
FD.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 03:51
pinkeye wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 23:17
Beast was taken out and used. and ran over a hose, which necessitated a solution. Got help from a friend, but now the deck seems unbalanced. With the deck up, it is rattling around so much I have shelved it again, for now. Not game to lower the deck. Umm probably broke something when it was levered up to remove the hose. :(

Anyway, got the small self-prop'd out, and did the best I can. Coming into autumn and winter now, grass will not grow much.
My mower got the rattles like that and the blade had a big chunk out of one side and it made the thing feel like it was falling apart, I thought id broken it, I took it in as was under warrantee and as I said was just the blade, Maybe it's bent differently one side than the other, :purple
That is another good suggestion, thanks DDH. Yeah when we cut off the hose one of the two spinning rotating blade WAS jammed against the centre.

:thumb
sleeping is good for you