Greta being used by the business community

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 22 Jan 2020, 14:51

D28B441A-9677-471B-9F7F-07B4FA47BC2F.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby johnsmith » 22 Jan 2020, 15:59

DonDeeHippy wrote:Ohh and her grandfather isn't UN...

She is also related to Svante Arrhenius, the Nobel-winning chemist who first estimated the greenhouse effect on the earth's climate



my mistake ... i was told about the link months ago by my wife.. as is typical when she talks, i wasn't paying her all my attention. :yahoo :yahoo
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 Jan 2020, 04:51

Chuck wrote:The Sun UK

Businessman, PR chief and green activist Ingmar Rentzhog passed by and posted her image on his Facebook page.

The story was picked up by a local paper, went viral and a global movement was born.

Yet critics have claimed it was mum Malena that orchestrated the campaign with the help of Ingmar.

An investigation by Standpoint magazine claimed Ingmar did not stumble on Greta’s protest by accident but had been tipped off the week before by a climate activist.

The publication also says that Ingmar had met Malena a few months earlier when they shared a stage at a climate conference.

Ingmar’s green campaigning firm We Don’t Have Time rocketed in value by £1million shortly after Greta was invited on to its youth advisory board.

Greta later said: “It turns out they used my name as part of another branch of their organisation that is a start-up business.

“They have admitted clearly that they did so without the knowledge of me or my family.

“I no longer have any connection to We Don’t Have Time. Nor has anyone in my family. They have deeply apologised.”

wow those unnamed critics... it must be true...
What is the point of posting this Chuk....What are you trying to say ?
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 Jan 2020, 04:55

Chuck wrote:Article from the National Review.

Kids are powerful pawns. The catchphrase “for the children” has a seductive political appeal, while kids offer their adult supporters a handy two-step. The same people who say, “The world must heed this 16-year-old girl” will turn around and say to anyone who pushes back, “How dare you criticize a 16-year-old girl?”

There’s a reason that we don’t look to teenagers for guidance on fraught issues of public policy. With very rare exceptions — think, say, the philosopher John Stuart Mill, who was a child prodigy — kids have nothing interesting to say to us. They just repeat back what they’ve been told by adults, with less nuance and maturity.

Much of the climate advocacy of young people boils down to the plaint that all parents know well: “I want it, and I want it now.” As one headline on a National Geographic story put it, “Kids’ world climate strikes demand that warming stop, fast.”

Behind the foot-stomping is the idea that a long-running global phenomenon could be quickly stopped, if only adults cared as much as the kids did. This fails to account for such recalcitrant factors as costs and complexity, but when do children ever think of those? (And who can blame them? They’re children.)

Instead, the youthful climate activists claim they’ve been sold out by their elders

I think J. Mill's comments about children behaviour and thinking when it comes to CC is applicable to most posters on this site!

It sounds like he is talking about a 4 year old.....It's very patronizing, now think of a Olympic gold medallist with their drive and talent that is 16 and think if anything this guy is saying is applicable....
Again it's attacking the Messenger not the message..
Please Chuck tell us why her message is wrong..... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 Jan 2020, 04:57

Chuck wrote:
D28B441A-9677-471B-9F7F-07B4FA47BC2F.png

Who said it Chuck ? Again just click bait...

you must be on the run on this you haven't addressed any debate just keep putting up new shit..... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 Jan 2020, 05:04

Chuck wrote:Wikipedia is not the most reliable source of info! U need to be sceptical about the writers motives!

Some articles are written as a promotional material for a particular person.

Wow generalities
How about this particular page ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thu ... _responses

It's got lots of references on the bottom please show us if it's just promotional...
When I posted the link I said it is just Wiki and just a place to start...
SO far not one bit you have pasted up here has been fact or it's just misdirected

Tell me did you read the link or are you scared to because you might realize how wrong you are...

We are waiting to see a bit of meat on how Greta is being used or being sponsored by multi nationals or being told what to do by marketers... SO far nothing
Attack the messenger not the message aye Chuck... :purple
Last edited by DonDeeHippy on 23 Jan 2020, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 Jan 2020, 05:07

Lols wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:chuck at least Read up on this Fine Human.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Wiki is always a good place to start.. then you can follow the links it provides to see if it's wrong and your right.....

Ohh and her grandfather isn't UN...

She is also related to Svante Arrhenius, the Nobel-winning chemist who first estimated the greenhouse effect on the earth's climate.

So Oil companies, Trump and Putin all have picked on her... that's good enough reason for me to see she is doing right.... :purple

Yes that’s what I thought too :read
Gutsy Greta. :thumb
First thing noticed was Trump’s demeaning response in his usual psychopathic way.
What a big man eh?

In December 2019, President Trump again mocked Thunberg after she was named Person of the Year for 2019 by Time magazine: "So ridiculous", Trump tweeted. "Greta must work on her anger management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!" Thunberg responded by changing her Twitter biography to: "A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend."

I like her, she is a driven young woman and has a sence of Humor :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Dax » 23 Jan 2020, 08:44

The difference between the Rump and Greta Thunberg, is ones a deranged god nutter and the other is a clear thinking logical rationalist.

You can expect nothing else but derision, abuse, denial and insanity from a god nutter, so all the Rump and others crazed fools can do, is try to discredit her and they fail miserably in the face of reality.
User avatar
Dax
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jan 2020, 10:06

Old men triggered by an idealist teenager! She remind them of themselves at that age?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55075
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 Jan 2020, 12:50

HBS Guy wrote:Old men triggered by an idealist teenager! She remind them of themselves at that age?

I think the old men cant figure out how a teenager can have conviction when they themselves had none at that age... were probably at beaten into submission in Boarding schools.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 Jan 2020, 12:59

DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Old men triggered by an idealist teenager! She remind them of themselves at that age?

I think the old men cant figure out how a teenager can have conviction when they themselves had none at that age... were probably at beaten into submission in Boarding schools.... :purple


It's pretty disgraceful how old men think it's perfectly okay to attack a young girl.

No surprise from Trump though - he's the ultimate coward.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4761
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby johnsmith » 23 Jan 2020, 17:38

DonDeeHippy wrote:Yet critics have claimed it was mum Malena that orchestrated the campaign with the help of Ingmar.


if you listen to Greta instead of idiots, you'll find out that her parents tried to dissuade her from becoming a global spokesperson for GW.. They warned her she would become a target ... but they also agreed that they would support her no matter what she chose to do.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 23 Jan 2020, 20:38

HER HANDLER
On the photos behind her u see Luisa-Marie Neubauer, her handler.
She's a member of "ONE Foundation" managed by BONO, Bill Gates and George Soros

B6ECC9EF-F8C1-41EA-AD0E-E07C332808E4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 24 Jan 2020, 05:37

Wow Chuck, you must just be trolling ,when you can reply to the other crap I might be bothered to answer you... Getting a bit like debating with Jules.... you going to try to rhyme everything next ?
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby karlrand » 24 Jan 2020, 06:35

Chuck wrote:HER HANDLER
On the photos behind her u see Luisa-Marie Neubauer, her handler.
She's a member of "ONE Foundation" managed by BONO, Bill Gates and George Soros

And you imagine President Frump doesn’t have handlers? Granted the turnover of that group is astonishing but would anyone half sane want to hang around that brat?
Groupthink will destroy us all.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 319
Joined: 06 Jul 2019, 16:44
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Jan 2020, 06:58

“President Frump” LOL!

Yeah, huge turnover of advisors etc. Big baby.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55075
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 24 Jan 2020, 07:42

karlrand wrote:
Chuck wrote:HER HANDLER
On the photos behind her u see Luisa-Marie Neubauer, her handler.
She's a member of "ONE Foundation" managed by BONO, Bill Gates and George Soros

And you imagine President Frump doesn’t have handlers? Granted the turnover of that group is astonishing but would anyone half sane want to hang around that brat?

She is not Greta's Handler she is yet another amazing young woman from Germany that is trying to make the world a better place
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luisa_Neubauer

Those pictures are just some of the events they have both attended , she doesn't travel with Greta :grn
So what point are you trying to make that Luisa has been a youth Ambassador for the One foundation Chuck....
Please one bit of Evidence she is a handler !

Chuck is way out of his Depth here and just trolling now :) :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 24 Jan 2020, 12:00

It’s not about trolling but simply trying to present other points of views - these may not be my personal opinion- but simply trying to present counter views to an extremely biased website!

On the photos behind her u see Luisa-Marie Neubauer, her handler.
She's a member of "ONE Foundation" managed by BONO, Bill Gates and George Soro


Neubauer has been a youth ambassador of the Non-govermental Organization ONE since 2015.[10](Wiki)

Soros has been accused of trying to manipulate certain outcomes and beliefs, by using his funds to destabilise counties and their economies.
Apparently, he tried to manipulate the Malaysian currency for his own personal gain.

She is not Greta's Handler she is yet another amazing young woman from Germany that is trying to make the world a better place
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luisa_Neubauer


I agree with of her thoughts, "and doesn´t believe electric cars can really help to solve the general problem of the human lust for neverending economic growth.[24]"

My personal opinion is, irrespective of what mankind’s does to solve a current problem, it will show up as another consequences in the future. The best we can expect is what we have thought as a solution, has less impact on the environment, health etc.

Neubauer receives critisicm in that regard that she fails to acknowledge the huge increase of the global human population as cause of climate change.[21]

Well Don, U could voluntarily reduce the temperature NOW! Just don’t get cremated, instead become fertiliser material.

Just recall ur school science course, that if u place a number of people in a chamber the temperature within the chamber will eventually rise to body temperature. So ur existence by simply breathing, is contributing to Global Warming.

I hope that u feel guilty!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 24 Jan 2020, 12:37

Chuck wrote:It’s not about trolling but simply trying to present other points of views - these may not be my personal opinion- but simply trying to present counter views to an extremely biased website!

On the photos behind her u see Luisa-Marie Neubauer, her handler.
She's a member of "ONE Foundation" managed by BONO, Bill Gates and George Soro


Neubauer has been a youth ambassador of the Non-govermental Organization ONE since 2015.[10](Wiki)

Soros has been accused of trying to manipulate certain outcomes and beliefs, by using his funds to destabilise counties and their economies.
Apparently, he tried to manipulate the Malaysian currency for his own personal gain.

She is not Greta's Handler she is yet another amazing young woman from Germany that is trying to make the world a better place
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luisa_Neubauer


I agree with of her thoughts, "and doesn´t believe electric cars can really help to solve the general problem of the human lust for neverending economic growth.[24]"

My personal opinion is, irrespective of what mankind’s does to solve a current problem, it will show up as another consequences in the future. The best we can expect is what we have thought as a solution, has less impact on the environment, health etc.

Neubauer receives critisicm in that regard that she fails to acknowledge the huge increase of the global human population as cause of climate change.[21]

Well Don, U could voluntarily reduce the temperature NOW! Just don’t get cremated, instead become fertiliser material.

Just recall ur school science course, that if u place a number of people in a chamber the temperature within the chamber will eventually rise to body temperature. So ur existence by simply breathing, is contributing to Global Warming.

I hope that u feel guilty!

What are you on about Chuck... did you prove she is Greta's Handler... that isn't a different point of view that is just a lie....
Instead you start on about someone that isn't Greta and her views on Conservation..
What does that have to do with the Lie that she is Greta's Handler.....

Why not keep to the topic , the lies you have said about Greta... at least rebut and show your sources that they are the truth.
I'm sorry your just Trolling...… If not address your accusations with some facts or just keep trolling with new opinions and redirection, your choice :)
If you don't want this to be a extremely biased website start posting some facts instead of opinions :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 24 Jan 2020, 18:23

Don wrote:What are you on about Chuck... did you prove she is Greta's Handler... that isn't a different point of view that is just a lie....
Instead you start on about someone that isn't Greta and her views on Conservation..
What does that have to do with the Lie that she is Greta's Handler.....

Why not keep to the topic , the lies you have said about Greta... at least rebut and show your sources that they are the truth.
I'm sorry your just Trolling...… If not address your accusations with some facts or just keep trolling with new opinions and redirection, your choice :)
If you don't want this to be a extremely biased website start posting some facts instead of opinions :purple

If ur an intelligent person u would have heard off circumstantial evidence!

Which suggests, or at a minimum an inference of a close association with dodgy group manipulating her.

Greta admitted that one company utilised her name to advance the company’s market value.

So ur source of info is as credible - Wiki - as my source!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby karlrand » 24 Jan 2020, 18:23

DonDeeHippy wrote:If you don't want this to be a extremely biased website start posting some facts instead of opinions :purple


HMM,probably good advice BUT I’ve found all forums with a large focus on politics are subject to post after post that pushes opinion without evidence.
I go even further in suggesting the left, the right, religious fundamentalists :pope etc addicted to any particular form of ideology/theology are as likely to have their opinions altered as supporters of football/baseball etc teams could be converted to supporting the opposition.
The real problem is when a little coven of forum owners/moderators all ascribe to the same ideology/belief system. In many such instances you end up feeling you’re wasting your time talking in an echo chamber.
Then there are those unexamined questions about addicted posters and our mental health. I’ve sometimes wondered about myself in this context given that I either find myself agreeing with other posters or failing totally to ever change anyones opinion on anything. Why do I bother? Maybe to delude myself how smart I am ? ? ? :h

Meanwhile aren’t we all just dancing around the deck of the Titanic pretending we’re not soon about to sink in our own stupidity? A group of scientists have just updated the doomsday clock (started in the 50’s when world wide nuclear war become possible) to 11 minutes before midnight. My suspicion is it’s already too late for our species to survive. :gsp
Groupthink will destroy us all.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 319
Joined: 06 Jul 2019, 16:44
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby johnsmith » 24 Jan 2020, 21:12

karlrand wrote: I’ve sometimes wondered about myself in this context given that I either find myself agreeing with other posters or failing totally to ever change anyones opinion on anything. Why do I bother? Maybe to delude myself how smart I am ? ? ?



I'll agree it's not often that you'll change someone's opinion, but it does happen.
Before i joined ozpol in 2007, i used to be opposed to gay marriage.

Shortly after joining and listening to the arguments from the other idiots opposed to it, i flipped sides completely and now support it. The reasons for opposing it just didn't add up. Don't get me wrong, I used to use some of the same reasons, but i just didn't realise how stupid they sounded until i read others using them.

That and the arguments being presented by those supporting gay marriage which I simply couldn't fault.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 Jan 2020, 07:09

Chuck wrote:
Don wrote:What are you on about Chuck... did you prove she is Greta's Handler... that isn't a different point of view that is just a lie....
Instead you start on about someone that isn't Greta and her views on Conservation..
What does that have to do with the Lie that she is Greta's Handler.....

Why not keep to the topic , the lies you have said about Greta... at least rebut and show your sources that they are the truth.
I'm sorry your just Trolling...… If not address your accusations with some facts or just keep trolling with new opinions and redirection, your choice :)
If you don't want this to be a extremely biased website start posting some facts instead of opinions :purple

If ur an intelligent person u would have heard off circumstantial evidence!

Which suggests, or at a minimum an inference of a close association with dodgy group manipulating her.

Greta admitted that one company utilised her name to advance the company’s market value.

So ur source of info is as credible - Wiki - as my source!

So all you have is a company used her name to make money and when she found out she dissociated herself from them...
Really Chuck after all that crap you posted that is all you can find ?

How about her Message Chuck why not attack that ? :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 Jan 2020, 07:29

karlrand wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:If you don't want this to be a extremely biased website start posting some facts instead of opinions :purple


HMM,probably good advice BUT I’ve found all forums with a large focus on politics are subject to post after post that pushes opinion without evidence.
I go even further in suggesting the left, the right, religious fundamentalists :pope etc addicted to any particular form of ideology/theology are as likely to have their opinions altered as supporters of football/baseball etc teams could be converted to supporting the opposition.
The real problem is when a little coven of forum owners/moderators all ascribe to the same ideology/belief system. In many such instances you end up feeling you’re wasting your time talking in an echo chamber.
Then there are those unexamined questions about addicted posters and our mental health. I’ve sometimes wondered about myself in this context given that I either find myself agreeing with other posters or failing totally to ever change anyones opinion on anything. Why do I bother? Maybe to delude myself how smart I am ? ? ? :h

Meanwhile aren’t we all just dancing around the deck of the Titanic pretending we’re not soon about to sink in our own stupidity? A group of scientists have just updated the doomsday clock (started in the 50’s when world wide nuclear war become possible) to 11 minutes before midnight. My suspicion is it’s already too late for our species to survive. :gsp

I joined Oz Pol mid 2017 and joined the Forum world, If I'm challenged on a Belief I'll research on what I believe and I find the Forums great tools to work out exactly what is my position on many issue's.
I don't think you can ever change someone's mind on something, but you can challenge them.
I find for myself I'll do some sloppy thinking and get checked on it and I have to decide if it is what I really believe or just what I've been repeating like everyone else, like what John said with gay marriage….
As far as the end of the world is concerned , Yes things have to change and when peoples lives are effected enough they will grudgingly change... I really like looking into Renewable energy and Sustainability... You usually find innovative people around the world making our lives and home a better place and very inspiring.
It's all to easy to read articles based on fear (most major media as i guess that sells) and start to loose hope..... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Coco being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 Jan 2020, 10:21

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-24/ ... n/11899442

American teenager Coco Gauff has turned the tables on Naomi Osaka, knocking the defending champion out of the Australian Open with a straight sets victory on Rod Laver Arena.
The 15-year-old Gauff moved through to the fourth round with a 6-3, 6-4 win over the third seed and world number four in just one hour seven minut

She must be influenced by adults and marketing groups surly this 15 year old cant be serious about Tennis.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron