Greta being used by the business community

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 21 Jan 2020, 14:53

There is insinuations that certain companies who are involved with oil companies, are concentrating their effort on the rich Western countries simply for govt fundings.

That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.

I found the following comments by another website interesting.

Every Canadian should receive this email! "Having stumbled across an interview with Greta Thunberg’s captain of the sailing vessel that brought her across to New York, I was very surprised at what he said. He was flying back to Europe from New York and 3 others were flying from Europe to New York to sail the vessel back. So that is four flights to save her one flight. Obviously a PR stunt. But it got me curious as to who the heck was paying for these flights? This is a quick synopsis of what I found out.
1. She is backed by a number of Swedish/Swiss venture/vulture capital funds focused to investing in green technologies which are struggling to find companies to invest in. Most of these companies require initial government funding. The funds are owned by executives from a Swiss/Swedish industrial corporation with annual revenues of 27 billion dollars. You see their offices around Calgary as they are suppliers to the oilfield service industry as well as many others. Clearly this is a ploy to get government grants/ funding for these entities so that the venture capital funds can then invest and make a bunch of money.
2. She was chosen from a number of young Swedish girls to represent their interests, trained and given information to start espousing because of course she has no scientific expertise herself. They wanted a female child as their symbol. She was the perfect spokesperson.
3. A powerhouse marketing firm out of Germany was hired to design and implement a marketing strategy for her to gain worldwide attention. They did and it worked. She gained worldwide attention and addressed the UN. The 500 scientists, from around the world, who sent a letter to the UN did not gain an audience.
4. She slammed my generation and generations previously. We stole her childhood. A script written for her by the German marketing firm. Her childhood is like it is because of the sacrifice of a previous generation, many of whom lie buried in fields in Europe.
5. She then gets used again by Canadian political leaders for photo op’s. Shame on our political leaders. The fact that she got face to face time with Trudeau should be abhorrent to Canadians.
6. She leads a school protest march in Canada, where again photo op greedy politicians, take part. Her ability to protest rests solely with the sacrifice of other generations, including Edith Cavell, whom she chastises. If you don’t know who Edith Cavell is - then shame on what a lark our Canadian school system has become.
This is what I found out. If anyone finds facts disputing this I am all ears."I might add, I am not against the concept of cleaning up the atmosphere: I am against the marketing methods used to promote industrial interests and lies for the sake of profit
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 21 Jan 2020, 15:24

Bullshit
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby johnsmith » 21 Jan 2020, 16:06

Chuck wrote:That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.


or, it could be that she doesn't speak Chinese or indian :roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 21 Jan 2020, 16:23

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.


or, it could be that she doesn't speak Chinese or indian :roll :roll

I'm sure if China and or India invited her, she would go there.... I've never read anything where she has said she will never go to China or India... maybe a source Chuck...
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 21 Jan 2020, 18:52

DonDeeHippy wrote:Bullshit
Why Bullshit?

I always treat businesses people with suspicion!

They always have ulterior motives
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 21 Jan 2020, 18:54

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.


or, it could be that she doesn't speak Chinese or indian :roll :roll
I'm sure she would find a interpreter!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 21 Jan 2020, 19:03

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.


or, it could be that she doesn't speak Chinese or indian :roll :roll

I'm sure if China and or India invited her, she would go there.... I've never read anything where she has said she will never go to China or India... maybe a source Chuck...
That because her advisors see no opportunity of getting funding from these countries.

The climate group industry have degenerated to the level of the boat people using children as leverage to achieve their aims!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby johnsmith » 21 Jan 2020, 19:36

DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.


or, it could be that she doesn't speak Chinese or indian :roll :roll

I'm sure if China and or India invited her, she would go there.... I've never read anything where she has said she will never go to China or India... maybe a source Chuck...



i agree
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby johnsmith » 21 Jan 2020, 19:37

Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.


or, it could be that she doesn't speak Chinese or indian :roll :roll
I'm sure she would find a interpreter!



sure she could ... but if she goes to an English speaking country she eliminates the need for one.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby johnsmith » 21 Jan 2020, 19:41

Chuck wrote:There is insinuations that certain companies who are involved with oil companies, are concentrating their effort on the rich Western countries simply for govt fundings.

That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.

I found the following comments by another website interesting.

Every Canadian should receive this email! "Having stumbled across an interview with Greta Thunberg’s captain of the sailing vessel that brought her across to New York, I was very surprised at what he said. He was flying back to Europe from New York and 3 others were flying from Europe to New York to sail the vessel back. So that is four flights to save her one flight. Obviously a PR stunt. But it got me curious as to who the heck was paying for these flights? This is a quick synopsis of what I found out.
1. She is backed by a number of Swedish/Swiss venture/vulture capital funds focused to investing in green technologies which are struggling to find companies to invest in. Most of these companies require initial government funding. The funds are owned by executives from a Swiss/Swedish industrial corporation with annual revenues of 27 billion dollars. You see their offices around Calgary as they are suppliers to the oilfield service industry as well as many others. Clearly this is a ploy to get government grants/ funding for these entities so that the venture capital funds can then invest and make a bunch of money.
2. She was chosen from a number of young Swedish girls to represent their interests, trained and given information to start espousing because of course she has no scientific expertise herself. They wanted a female child as their symbol. She was the perfect spokesperson.
3. A powerhouse marketing firm out of Germany was hired to design and implement a marketing strategy for her to gain worldwide attention. They did and it worked. She gained worldwide attention and addressed the UN. The 500 scientists, from around the world, who sent a letter to the UN did not gain an audience.
4. She slammed my generation and generations previously. We stole her childhood. A script written for her by the German marketing firm. Her childhood is like it is because of the sacrifice of a previous generation, many of whom lie buried in fields in Europe.
5. She then gets used again by Canadian political leaders for photo op’s. Shame on our political leaders. The fact that she got face to face time with Trudeau should be abhorrent to Canadians.
6. She leads a school protest march in Canada, where again photo op greedy politicians, take part. Her ability to protest rests solely with the sacrifice of other generations, including Edith Cavell, whom she chastises. If you don’t know who Edith Cavell is - then shame on what a lark our Canadian school system has become.
This is what I found out. If anyone finds facts disputing this I am all ears."I might add, I am not against the concept of cleaning up the atmosphere: I am against the marketing methods used to promote industrial interests and lies for the sake of profit



most of that crap is bullshit

for starters, she was chosen because she won a national award for a school essay on climate change. Her grandfather is a bigwig in the UN and has been fighting global warming since before it became popular.

If you're going to post crap, you should at least do some basic research
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9704
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 21 Jan 2020, 19:47

4. Was it really eco-friendly to sail a boat between Europe and New York?

Greta Thunberg chose to use boat instead of airplane when she was heading for a climate conference in New York. Needless to say, it is quite far between Sweden and New York. The long distance is partly why this became the second most debated boat trip in the history of the world (I would assume Titanic is number 1).

Why did people complain?

Because they did not believe that the trip was more eco-friendly compared to flying. In fact, all of her staff actually flew in from Europe to USA, which means that the total carbon footprint was quite significant.

Source:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9739595/g ... p-flights/

PS! I hate to actually link to The Sun, but that was the most credible source I could find. If you have any related articles from “better” sources, please let me know in the comment section below.

5. When she was sponsored by environmentally UNfriendly companies

As already mentioned, Greta did receive a lot of criticism prior to the boat trip. But people did not only claim that it was a bad decision from an environmental point of view. Some people also criticized her for “having blood on her hands”. What did they really mean by that?

Well, several Swedish newspapers found out that some of her sponsors included:

– BMW
– The exclusive sailboat club Le Yacht Club de Monaco
– A Swiss bank called EFG

Why did people complain?

Because they felt that these sponsors were not having a green profile. EFG had several investments in countries like Monaco and Bahamas. And BMW….well, they make cars that pollute.

Source:
https://www.nettavisen.no/nyheter/thunb ... 22348.html (Norwegian source)
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 21 Jan 2020, 19:51

Putin said young people who paid attention to environmental issues should be supported, adding: “But when someone is using children and teenagers in personal interests, it only deserves to be condemned.

“Go and explain to developing countries why they should continue living in poverty and not be like Sweden,” Putin told an energy conference, adding it was deplorable that Thunberg was being used by some groups - which he did not name - to achieve their own goals.

China is still claiming 3rd world concession!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 22 Jan 2020, 04:47

Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:That could be why Greta isn’t ever going to India and China as Green a PR representative to stir up the young folk in these countries.


or, it could be that she doesn't speak Chinese or indian :roll :roll

I'm sure if China and or India invited her, she would go there.... I've never read anything where she has said she will never go to China or India... maybe a source Chuck...
That because her advisors see no opportunity of getting funding from these countries.

The climate group industry have degenerated to the level of the boat people using children as leverage to achieve their aims!

I call bullshit again, Proof Chuck ever heard of it ?
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 22 Jan 2020, 04:51

Chuck wrote:Putin said young people who paid attention to environmental issues should be supported, adding: “But when someone is using children and teenagers in personal interests, it only deserves to be condemned.

“Go and explain to developing countries why they should continue living in poverty and not be like Sweden,” Putin told an energy conference, adding it was deplorable that Thunberg was being used by some groups - which he did not name - to achieve their own goals.

China is still claiming 3rd world concession!

Now your using Putin as a source :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
well if he said it, it must be true.....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 22 Jan 2020, 05:01

Chuck wrote:4. Was it really eco-friendly to sail a boat between Europe and New York?

Greta Thunberg chose to use boat instead of airplane when she was heading for a climate conference in New York. Needless to say, it is quite far between Sweden and New York. The long distance is partly why this became the second most debated boat trip in the history of the world (I would assume Titanic is number 1).

Why did people complain?

Because they did not believe that the trip was more eco-friendly compared to flying. In fact, all of her staff actually flew in from Europe to USA, which means that the total carbon footprint was quite significant.

Source:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9739595/g ... p-flights/

PS! I hate to actually link to The Sun, but that was the most credible source I could find. If you have any related articles from “better” sources, please let me know in the comment section below.

5. When she was sponsored by environmentally UNfriendly companies

As already mentioned, Greta did receive a lot of criticism prior to the boat trip. But people did not only claim that it was a bad decision from an environmental point of view. Some people also criticized her for “having blood on her hands”. What did they really mean by that?

Well, several Swedish newspapers found out that some of her sponsors included:

– BMW
– The exclusive sailboat club Le Yacht Club de Monaco
– A Swiss bank called EFG

Why did people complain?

Because they felt that these sponsors were not having a green profile. EFG had several investments in countries like Monaco and Bahamas. And BMW….well, they make cars that pollute.

Source:
https://www.nettavisen.no/nyheter/thunb ... 22348.html (Norwegian source)

why the fuck would you put in a Norwegian newpaper article here chuck ?????

Still again you have totally got it wrong.....

Those sponsors' are sponsors for the Boat and Team Malizia...... Not Greta :grn

From Greta.....

Team Malizia has of course got sponsors. But for the trip with me to New York there are no commercial sponsors. All commercial sponsor logos have been removed.
No money or future payments are involved. They offered me a free ride because they support my cause.


Man Chuck I know you have been sucked into the Smoke screen on Greta..
At least find some truth about her.

Remember if you can't attack the Message, attack the Messenger.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 22 Jan 2020, 05:09

Chuck wrote:Greta Thunberg chose to use boat instead of airplane when she was heading for a climate conference in New York. Needless to say, it is quite far between Sweden and New York. The long distance is partly why this became the second most debated boat trip in the history of the world (I would assume Titanic is number 1).Why did people complain?Because they did not believe that the trip was more eco-friendly compared to flying. In fact, all of her staff actually flew in from Europe to USA, which means that the total carbon footprint was quite significant.Source:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9739595/g ... p-flights/

Again it's attack the Messenger not the Message...
Basically her message was..
There are to many people flying and the fuel they burn is poisoning the Earth....
As a demonstration she sailed to the USA

SO people couldn't attack her message because she is right... We do way to much flying.....

So attack her instead... ohhh people had to fly over to get it back blah blah.... so ?

It doesn't change the message that we fly to much does it Chuck ?

I noticed you haven't even mentioned the nice Young Australian Family that gave her a free birth on their Sail Boat to go back to Europe.... Was no extra plane tickets on that one so I guess you cant attack her with that one.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 22 Jan 2020, 05:27

chuck at least Read up on this Fine Human.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Wiki is always a good place to start.. then you can follow the links it provides to see if it's wrong and your right.....

Ohh and her grandfather isn't UN...

She is also related to Svante Arrhenius, the Nobel-winning chemist who first estimated the greenhouse effect on the earth's climate.

So Oil companies, Trump and Putin all have picked on her... that's good enough reason for me to see she is doing right.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 22 Jan 2020, 11:46

It ironic, we are debating about Climate Change Pros and Cons included where we source our argumentative points.

Yet it is unfit to be on the appropriate heading relating to Global Warming! :S
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby DonDeeHippy » 22 Jan 2020, 12:06

Chuck wrote:It ironic, we are debating about Climate Change Pros and Cons included where we source our argumentative points.

Yet it is unfit to be on the appropriate heading relating to Global Warming! :S

Umm Chuck you started this thread... why didn't you just post the OP in the climate change Thread ? :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Jan 2020, 13:09

It is nonsense about Greta and now is in the right place.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55135
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 22 Jan 2020, 13:40

Wikipedia is not the most reliable source of info! U need to be sceptical about the writers motives!

Some articles are written as a promotional material for a particular person.
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Lols » 22 Jan 2020, 13:50

DonDeeHippy wrote:chuck at least Read up on this Fine Human.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Wiki is always a good place to start.. then you can follow the links it provides to see if it's wrong and your right.....

Ohh and her grandfather isn't UN...

She is also related to Svante Arrhenius, the Nobel-winning chemist who first estimated the greenhouse effect on the earth's climate.

So Oil companies, Trump and Putin all have picked on her... that's good enough reason for me to see she is doing right.... :purple

Yes that’s what I thought too :read
Gutsy Greta. :thumb
First thing noticed was Trump’s demeaning response in his usual psychopathic way.
What a big man eh?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby greggerypeccary » 22 Jan 2020, 13:59

Lols wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:chuck at least Read up on this Fine Human.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Wiki is always a good place to start.. then you can follow the links it provides to see if it's wrong and your right.....

Ohh and her grandfather isn't UN...

She is also related to Svante Arrhenius, the Nobel-winning chemist who first estimated the greenhouse effect on the earth's climate.

So Oil companies, Trump and Putin all have picked on her... that's good enough reason for me to see she is doing right.... :purple

Yes that’s what I thought too :read
Gutsy Greta. :thumb
First thing noticed was Trump’s demeaning response in his usual psychopathic way.

What a big man eh?



He's nothing like a man.

He's a big coward, that's all.

He picks on children and people who won't/can't fight back.

If he was ever confronted by someone in real life he'd literally shit his pants, and probably start crying.

In all honesty, I can't think of anyone more cowardly than Donald Trump.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4763
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 22 Jan 2020, 14:01

The Sun UK

Businessman, PR chief and green activist Ingmar Rentzhog passed by and posted her image on his Facebook page.

The story was picked up by a local paper, went viral and a global movement was born.

Yet critics have claimed it was mum Malena that orchestrated the campaign with the help of Ingmar.

An investigation by Standpoint magazine claimed Ingmar did not stumble on Greta’s protest by accident but had been tipped off the week before by a climate activist.

The publication also says that Ingmar had met Malena a few months earlier when they shared a stage at a climate conference.

Ingmar’s green campaigning firm We Don’t Have Time rocketed in value by £1million shortly after Greta was invited on to its youth advisory board.

Greta later said: “It turns out they used my name as part of another branch of their organisation that is a start-up business.

“They have admitted clearly that they did so without the knowledge of me or my family.

“I no longer have any connection to We Don’t Have Time. Nor has anyone in my family. They have deeply apologised.”
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Greta being used by the business community

Postby Chuck » 22 Jan 2020, 14:21

Article from the National Review.

Kids are powerful pawns. The catchphrase “for the children” has a seductive political appeal, while kids offer their adult supporters a handy two-step. The same people who say, “The world must heed this 16-year-old girl” will turn around and say to anyone who pushes back, “How dare you criticize a 16-year-old girl?”

There’s a reason that we don’t look to teenagers for guidance on fraught issues of public policy. With very rare exceptions — think, say, the philosopher John Stuart Mill, who was a child prodigy — kids have nothing interesting to say to us. They just repeat back what they’ve been told by adults, with less nuance and maturity.

Much of the climate advocacy of young people boils down to the plaint that all parents know well: “I want it, and I want it now.” As one headline on a National Geographic story put it, “Kids’ world climate strikes demand that warming stop, fast.”

Behind the foot-stomping is the idea that a long-running global phenomenon could be quickly stopped, if only adults cared as much as the kids did. This fails to account for such recalcitrant factors as costs and complexity, but when do children ever think of those? (And who can blame them? They’re children.)

Instead, the youthful climate activists claim they’ve been sold out by their elders

I think J. Mill's comments about children behaviour and thinking when it comes to CC is applicable to most posters on this site!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests