This is the worst political chat site ...

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Aussie » 03 Jul 2019, 15:17

johnsmith wrote:i see nothing in the logs to indicate that you were banned sprint. I suspect you're in error.


Nah. He was banned after Monk misunderstood a post he made attacking "Lefty." Monk thought he was referring to a very close friend of his about whom he fears may have been in grave mental health. I realised Cyclist was in fact referring to LeftwingerSupreme, brought that to Monk's attention and the ban was reversed. The ban lasted a very short time (from memory.) That an error was made (as I described) was declared and acknowledged in public by Monk.

I have no idea about any other matter Cyclist is referring to and he will not be banned for having that tantrum.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8474
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Aussie » 03 Jul 2019, 15:20

Julia wrote:But this one is ideologically driven by Munky the MOD who deletes and changes words and whatever suits him.


Crap.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8474
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Jul 2019, 18:19

I delete blather and empty propaganda, that is all. Post some posts with substance please!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jul 2019, 23:07

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Julia wrote:Munky has doubts about his ideology and that is why he quickly deletes anything that shakes his confidence.

Why is Munky frightened of vigorous debate and fact finding ?

That is so funny i find jules is a master debater... :purple

Had a boss once called Mister Bator :roll Not pronounced that way obviously :roll :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3519
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jul 2019, 23:20

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:i see nothing in the logs to indicate that you were banned sprint. I suspect you're in error.


Nah. He was banned after Monk misunderstood a post he made attacking "Lefty." Monk thought he was referring to a very close friend of his about whom he fears may have been in grave mental health. I realised Cyclist was in fact referring to LeftwingerSupreme, brought that to Monk's attention and the ban was reversed. The ban lasted a very short time (from memory.) That an error was made (as I described) was declared and acknowledged in public by Monk.

I have no idea about any other matter Cyclist is referring to and he will not be banned for having that tantrum.



I really think you all should refrain from entering OzPol. If u want a Guard, set someone up to do that, but seriously, OzPol shouldn't even be an issue here. It's something I find hard to understand, as I have said before.. many times.. :roll
I just think it is utterly POINTLESS, and not helpful for this forum.

I may be slightly off-the-topic, but seriously..?


('s ok just getting my posts up:))
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3519
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 05:59

Sprint can visit what forums he likes. He can complain about this one if he likes. Be nice if he grew up a bit.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jul 2019, 06:43

sprint is usually pretty good and then goes funny, perhaps he drops around Bongies and has a bit of the Holy incence then posts.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 06:46

Sprint does have a nice dry sense of humor, then feels put upon and whinges for a couple months.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby hatty » 04 Jul 2019, 09:29

i like it here.......

i, however almost spat my earl grey laughing over the keyboard when julia called his bullshit fact finding.

doctored photo's, memes and cartoons, and blatantly untrue news stories....... no actual insight, or original thoughts and opinions

i for one am glad that the mods keep an eye on that stuff......

that bullshit is what infowars is there for.
User avatar
hatty
mountain lion
 
Posts: 934
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 11:17

Yeah. I don’t want to interfere but also don’t want a proliferation of bullshit or abuse. Julia can post here—open to anyone, left or right, Australian or other nationality bar a couple plain nasty shits. I ride DRAH harder than I ever did Sprint—and it isn’t nice to drag something up that happened because of a mistake and was immediately rectified, explained and apologised for.

Maybe Sprint would like to mod a board here? Of topic or Sand Pit?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jul 2019, 11:21

HBS Guy wrote:Yeah. I don’t want to interfere but also don’t want a proliferation of bullshit or abuse. Julia can post here—open to anyone, left or right, Australian or other nationality bar a couple plain nasty shits. I ride DRAH harder than I ever did Sprint—and it isn’t nice to drag something up that happened because of a mistake and was immediately rectified, explained and apologised for.

Maybe Sprint would like to mod a board here? Of topic or Sand Pit?

Maybe a new board on comparative religion and tolerance :jump
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 11:24

You want an atheist to set up a Religion board? OK.

Sprint can mod it. OK Sprint?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jul 2019, 12:24

Aussie wrote:
Julia wrote:But this one is ideologically driven by Munky the MOD who deletes and changes words and whatever suits him.


Crap.

He's maybe not changed but definitely censored a few things I didn't like here and there,... but ultimately: he plays fair....and it is his site so he can do what he likes when it comes down to it so thank God for small mercies is all I can say lol (yeh, he'll really loooooooooove that comment lol) :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 12:36

Cheeky sod!


:bgrin
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Aussie » 04 Jul 2019, 13:26

Sprintcyclist wrote:.... I have ever been to.

There is no tolerance for any views contrary to the mods views. There is unchecked abuse.
Threads are moved arbitrarily, I have been wrongly banned with no apology.

If you want to hear endless drivel about gardening in Tassie, the price of pot 20 years ago or mindless anger against every Christian who has ever existed, this is your place.


I have 'arbitrarily' moved this Topic from Politics to Sand Pit. Ooops.

:grn
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8474
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby hatty » 04 Jul 2019, 13:57

i spend a lot of time on football forums (sorry drah)

and the mods do a great job.

football is as fiery as politics at times so it cant be easy to do it.

i am grateful for this platform and all those who volunteer their time to keep it civil.

i am just as guilty of saying things in the heat of the moment...... that i later regretted.

i like the bit when i attempt to see things from perspectives other than my own...... thanks everyone for that.
User avatar
hatty
mountain lion
 
Posts: 934
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 13:58

Apart from archiving a few threads that is the second move of a thread ever, I think.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Julia » 04 Jul 2019, 16:55

There aint no doubt about it if you are not a hard core Lefty or Greenie you are not welcome here.

Munky from the Apple Isle can't cope with anything that challenges his ideology and so he quickly deletes it. Munky runs this as a GetUp! Propaganda Site!!!!

If the Lefties and Greenies ideology was so correct then why did Labor get trounced in the election ?

You would think they would have learnt something from that wouldn't you ?

Bet Munky deletes this.
Julia
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 323
Joined: 22 Aug 2016, 18:36
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Aussie » 04 Jul 2019, 17:20

Julia wrote:There aint no doubt about it if you are not a hard core Lefty or Greenie you are not welcome here.

Munky from the Apple Isle can't cope with anything that challenges his ideology and so he quickly deletes it. Munky runs this as a GetUp! Propaganda Site!!!!

If the Lefties and Greenies ideology was so correct then why did Labor get trounced in the election ?

You would think they would have learnt something from that wouldn't you ?

Bet Munky deletes this.


I bet he doesn't.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8474
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 19:08

I do not run this as a GetUp site and I do not wish it to be a Lib site either. I want reasoned, fact based debate no matter how robust the debate becomes. If you only want to post Lib propaganda and not debate then fuck off, OK?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby pinkeye » 04 Jul 2019, 23:57

Sounds fair.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3519
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby DonDeeHippy » 05 Jul 2019, 07:18

HBS Guy wrote:I do not run this as a GetUp site and I do not wish it to be a Lib site either. I want reasoned, fact based debate no matter how robust the debate becomes. If you only want to post Lib propaganda and not debate then fuck off, OK?

So you say... maybe Jules is getting too close to the truth..... :S
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2019, 07:42

ah haha! Yeah, sure!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52429
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Miranda » 05 Jul 2019, 10:19

Julia wrote:There aint no doubt about it if you are not a hard core Lefty or Greenie you are not welcome here.

Munky from the Apple Isle can't cope with anything that challenges his ideology and so he quickly deletes it. Munky runs this as a GetUp! Propaganda Site!!!!

If the Lefties and Greenies ideology was so correct then why did Labor get trounced in the election ?

You would think they would have learnt something from that wouldn't you ?

Bet Munky deletes this.



I think that it is intellectually irresponsible to treat political parties as though they are football teams. Much better to take a pragmatic approach given that major parties reflect shades of centralism.
Miranda
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 316
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 11:53
spamone: Animal

Re: This is the worst political chat site ...

Postby Julia » 09 Jul 2019, 17:10

Munky wants to be nice to his very upset and disappointed Lefty friends who are just so shattered by the election.

But Munky has become decidedly paranoid since the election and lashes out by deleting anything that reminds him of the election.

But Munky you gotta admit I have stirred your site up because it used to get about 1 post a week.

it is fascinating watching how Albo is now blaming Shorty for losing the election and starting to copy ScoMo's policies.

But Albo still has to get over the Setka hurdle.
Julia
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 323
Joined: 22 Aug 2016, 18:36
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UnSubRocky and 1 guest