moving to NZ

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

moving to NZ

Postby johnsmith » 21 May 2019, 16:45

Looks like you weren't the only one Greg

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2019/05/21/nz-move-australia-election/

Australian queries about moving to NZ surge following election

New Zealand authorities have reported a surge in Australians considering a move across the ditch following the Morrison government’s election victory over the weekend.

Immigration New Zealand said there was a more than tenfold increase in Australians looking at its website on Sunday.

At the same time, expressions of interest increased by more than 25 times on the same time the week before.

More than 8500 people visited the New Zealand Now website on Sunday, the day after the election. In all, 512 registered interest – the first step in the visa process – compared to about 20 registrations on May 12, the government department said.

The number of Australians who have started visa registration processes with New Zealand has jumped exponentially from an initial figure of 20 to 715.

Analysis of Google web traffic also revealed more Australians have conducted searches on “moving to New Zealand”.

Notably, Queenslanders used the search term most frequently.

However, as Australians don’t need visas to move to New Zealand, the actual implications of the figures aren’t yet clear.

:jump :jump :jump
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Re: moving to NZ

Postby greggerypeccary » 21 May 2019, 18:06

Not surprised.

I'm still exploring my options.

Labor will be in opposition for the next 6 to 9 years, so things aren't gonna get any better here.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Sprintcyclist » 21 May 2019, 19:18

The good news keeps coming
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 21 May 2019, 20:11

Sprintcyclist wrote:The good news keeps coming

you prefer echo chambers, right sprinty? :read
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Lols » 26 May 2019, 00:40

If there was ever a desperate time to immigrate to another country, my options would be
1st. New Zealand
2nd. Canada
3rd. Alaska
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 26 May 2019, 00:42

Back in 2011, our Oz dollar was worth 25% more than the NZ dollar, but recently, our Oz dollar is not worth 5% less than the NZ dollar.
Who manipulates this monetary market?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 26 May 2019, 01:36

Lols wrote:If there was ever a desperate time to immigrate to another country, my options would be
1st. New Zealand
2nd. Canada
3rd. Alaska

Alaska is a beautiful state. I hope to visit it in the future. But it has a high cost of living and long winters.

Oregon is also a beautiful state, also with a high cost of living though. The weather is much milder than Alaska's. It's actually very diverse - (from west to east) coastal, coastal mountains, Willamette Valley, Cascade mountain range, central, and high desert out east - each quite unique. It offers metropolitan living in the Portland area, small cities, or small country towns.

:hlo
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

"You must be a muslim, god nutter or apologist for them." - Dax, to greggery peccary
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 26 May 2019, 02:11

Would love to experience the wilderness of Alaska.. but it'll never happen.
The closest I could get is NZ.

Sadly, much as I'd like to consider moving away from here as an option, it just can't be done without money.

As a pensioner for the last 19 odd yrs, I think I'm very fortunate just to have a home.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Texan » 26 May 2019, 05:10

SethBullock wrote:
Lols wrote:If there was ever a desperate time to immigrate to another country, my options would be
1st. New Zealand
2nd. Canada
3rd. Alaska

Alaska is a beautiful state. I hope to visit it in the future. But it has a high cost of living and long winters.

Oregon is also a beautiful state, also with a high cost of living though. The weather is much milder than Alaska's. It's actually very diverse - (from west to east) coastal, coastal mountains, Willamette Valley, Cascade mountain range, central, and high desert out east - each quite unique. It offers metropolitan living in the Portland area, small cities, or small country towns.

:hlo

I worked in Anchorage for a couple of days several years ago. It's beautiful. I drove out to a State park, but didn't leave my car because of the wildlife. The whole state is crawling with wolf, bear, and moose. Next time, I'll take a large bore pistol or maybe just my 12GA in a scabbard. I went in August. The Sun didn't go down until almost 11pm and was up at 4am. I saw a moose wandering through downtown Anchorage. I also saw a pod of whales from the jet on approach to land. The city only has about 150k people and it's one of the biggest cities in Alaska. Fuel prices are 30-40% more than in Texas. Same for just about everything. Open carry is very common there, especially outside the city, for obvious reasons. A lot of 4x4 trucks and Jeeps. I was driving my rental Mustang and probably stuck out like a sore thumb.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 26 May 2019, 08:37

I would love to visit Alaska sometime. You'd probably even convince me to carry. I think a sawn off shot gun in a hip holster ought to do it.

:bgrin
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Sprintcyclist » 26 May 2019, 13:49

Lols wrote:Back in 2011, our Oz dollar was worth 25% more than the NZ dollar, but recently, our Oz dollar is not worth 5% less than the NZ dollar.
Who manipulates this monetary market?

Laws of supply and demand dictate currencies.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 26 May 2019, 14:17

johnsmith wrote:I would love to visit Alaska sometime. You'd probably even convince me to carry. I think a sawn off shot gun in a hip holster ought to do it.

Lol ...

I've shot short-barrel shotguns before that have only a pistol grip (no shoulder stock).

John, it is not fun.

Better off slinging a full size shotgun or carrying a large bore pistol in a holster.

Just sayin ...
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

"You must be a muslim, god nutter or apologist for them." - Dax, to greggery peccary
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 26 May 2019, 15:34

Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 26 May 2019, 17:30

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I would love to visit Alaska sometime. You'd probably even convince me to carry. I think a sawn off shot gun in a hip holster ought to do it.

Lol ...

I've shot short-barrel shotguns before that have only a pistol grip (no shoulder stock).

John, it is not fun.

Better off slinging a full size shotgun or carrying a large bore pistol in a holster.

Just sayin ...

With grizzly's, bblack bears, wolves and moose, I'd better take one of each

I didn't realise moose were dangerous. And that they are faster than a kangaroo. :WTF
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Auggie » 27 May 2019, 19:11

Those willing to live in NZ must realise that they will never become a Republic if we beat them to it.
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Sprintcyclist » 28 May 2019, 15:41

have they all left yet ??
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 28 May 2019, 17:44

Auggie wrote:Those willing to live in NZ must realise that they will never become a Republic if we beat them to it.

55% of Kiwis want a New Zealander as their Head of State.

39% want to retain a monarch.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 04 Jun 2019, 09:56

Bobby might be considering a move to New Zealand.

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 08 Jun 2019, 18:53

greggerypeccary wrote:
Auggie wrote:Those willing to live in NZ must realise that they will never become a Republic if we beat them to it.

55% of Kiwis want a New Zealander as their Head of State.

39% want to retain a monarch.

Yeah, but this will change once Australia becomes a republic. This is because something that differentiates NZ from Australia.

It's the reason why the Republican movement is quite small in Canada, because whilst most people don't like the Monarchy, they believe it's the DEFINING SYMBOL of Canadian nationalism.
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Return to Sand Pit