Dream holiday

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Dream holiday

Postby pinkeye » 15 Mar 2019, 22:55

well
that's all
Hunky Dory then. :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby mantra » 16 Mar 2019, 18:08

mothra wrote:Aussie, i don;t know how i can make it any clearer.

I think it is entirely possible that Tally was played. You know damn well my spidey senses are excellent. Tally does not trigger them.

I believe it is entirely possible that someone impersonating you contacted her, after compulsively reading this forum and gleaning information ... as we well know people do.

I understand why she made that post on Ozpol if she thought the problem stemmed from here.

I maintain that acting rashly in light of these allegations serves to make you look guilty. I do not believe for a second that you are ... but i think a few people desperately wanted you to act as you have. I think you've played straight into their hands.

As i said, cool heads prevail. More information is required. You've kinda blasted the possibility of procuring that.

I've just been reading through the threads over at Ozpolitic. I think you're on the right track. Her posts here seem quite genuine, but being the victim of a few pranks myself in the past - it's possible she has been used. A male comes to mind who hates Aussie with a vengeance. This sort of stuff has been going on for years.

If she was a genuine member - the whole three threads about this topic on Ozpolitic would have been a big turnoff to Ozpolitic and PA.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby Agness » 16 Mar 2019, 21:27

Tally may have shot her/himself in the foot mantra *shrugs*
Agness
Rainbow lorikeet

Postby pinkeye » 16 Mar 2019, 21:40

GAF
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 17 Mar 2019, 08:35

I might entertain that Tally was played except:

1. The lie about messages from here.

2. Tally disappearing.

3. The lack of posts, only 102 on OzPol and probably less here. Just enough to establish a presence.

4. Despite this the targetting of Aussie—free taxi ride.

“Tally” was not a person so much as a construct, an account set up specifically to smear Aussie. BO and Naffy are behind it, mark my words.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 17 Mar 2019, 22:36

I don't know if BO would be bothered with this sort of stuff - she's got her work cut out for her at PA, but Neferti and AiA? Possibly.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Mar 2019, 06:29

No, BO would be one of the plotters behind Tally. Bitch lives for this sort of stuff.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lols » 26 Mar 2019, 21:40

Well I have come back from a 2 week cruise to New Zealand, flights to Sydney, then board the cruise ship "Ovation of the seas" with way too many people, 5000 passengers.
The queues were horrendesly long, and slow to get on (unlike our previous 6 cruises we were on fairly quickly).
My back ached.
Then there were the breakfast and lunchtime battles to get a table to sit and eat...always filled up....I couldnt get over it.
I decided to order breakfast to my room instead, was more peaceful.
Lunchtime was just a battle.
Dinner was reserved at the specialty resataurants al la carte menu, so peaceful, and always had the same seating at the same time with the same waiters.

Getting a good seat at the theatre, we found it was best to line up 45 minutes before the show starts, again, long queue and my back aches.

Most of the excursions were sold out, and the ones we did get, only one was nice out of the whole lot, the others were a pure rip off, and I wrote a 2 page letter giving my honest feedback.

Overall, I will never go on a big cruiseship with 5000 guests again. I will stick to slightly smaller ships, with 3000 guests on board.

The place I liked the most was Napier, art deco township, really gorgeous place.
The thing I enjoyed on the ship....the north star arm, where we go high above the boat, and I got some great pics from the 6 different times I went on from misty mornings, to sunny days, and night lights of the harbour etc.
I did like the strawberry and vanilla icecream.
The entertainment is always good, if you can find a decent seat.
There were an amazing amount of Americans on the cruise, some took 33 hours to fly into Sydney to get this cruise. It was always interesting to talk to them (in queues) and find out where they are from, which part of the USA etc.

Shopping on board, as the hubby says, it's a captive audience, it was always having sales and mainly about watches, jewellry, bags and hats, and truly, useless stuff everyone already has anyway!

I could find a type of chemist/pharmacy, then I found it at back of a liquor store, hidden around the corner, and hardly anything there to call it a chemist. I have seen better equipped chemists on other smaller ships.

And what was a pain in the blurter, leaving the ship, with your luggage, go out past customs, to a fkn lon queue again! For the taxis, and it took an hour to finally get one! Then our plane was delayed by an hour and half!
So painful to get going and get home. And just to top it all off, I got the flu soon after. I'm still recovering!
Can't say I am a fan of huge cruiseships. At least I can cross it off the bucket list now.

Anyone else been on a cruise?
I will have to look for some photos from the north star arm and post in the next day or so.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Lols » 26 Mar 2019, 22:21

Some pics of different sky moods from the north star arm.

Interesting to be high above the fog surrounding the ship!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby Sprintcyclist » 27 Mar 2019, 01:08

Lols wrote:Well I have come back from a 2 week cruise to New Zealand, flights to Sydney, then board the cruise ship "Ovation of the seas" with way too many people, 5000 passengers.
The queues were horrendesly long, and slow to get on (unlike our previous 6 cruises we were on fairly quickly).
My back ached.
Then there were the breakfast and lunchtime battles to get a table to sit and eat...always filled up....I couldnt get over it.
I decided to order breakfast to my room instead, was more peaceful.
Lunchtime was just a battle.
Dinner was reserved at the specialty resataurants al la carte menu, so peaceful, and always had the same seating at the same time with the same waiters.

Getting a good seat at the theatre, we found it was best to line up 45 minutes before the show starts, again, long queue and my back aches.

Most of the excursions were sold out, and the ones we did get, only one was nice out of the whole lot, the others were a pure rip off, and I wrote a 2 page letter giving my honest feedback.

Overall, I will never go on a big cruiseship with 5000 guests again. I will stick to slightly smaller ships, with 3000 guests on board.

The place I liked the most was Napier, art deco township, really gorgeous place.
The thing I enjoyed on the ship....the north star arm, where we go high above the boat, and I got some great pics from the 6 different times I went on from misty mornings, to sunny days, and night lights of the harbour etc.
I did like the strawberry and vanilla icecream.
The entertainment is always good, if you can find a decent seat.
There were an amazing amount of Americans on the cruise, some took 33 hours to fly into Sydney to get this cruise. It was always interesting to talk to them (in queues) and find out where they are from, which part of the USA etc.

Shopping on board, as the hubby says, it's a captive audience, it was always having sales and mainly about watches, jewellry, bags and hats, and truly, useless stuff everyone already has anyway!

I could find a type of chemist/pharmacy, then I found it at back of a liquor store, hidden around the corner, and hardly anything there to call it a chemist. I have seen better equipped chemists on other smaller ships.

And what was a pain in the blurter, leaving the ship, with your luggage, go out past customs, to a fkn lon queue again! For the taxis, and it took an hour to finally get one! Then our plane was delayed by an hour and half!
So painful to get going and get home. And just to top it all off, I got the flu soon after. I'm still recovering!
Can't say I am a fan of huge cruiseships. At least I can cross it off the bucket list now.

Anyone else been on a cruise?
I will have to look for some photos from the north star arm and post in the next day or so.

Thanks for the posting
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 27 Mar 2019, 10:33

Any suggestions for a big OS holiday next year for my lovely wife and myself?
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2019, 11:15

Sprintcyclist wrote:Any suggestions for a big OS holiday next year for my lovely wife and myself?

Central and eastern Europe is always good.

Have you been to Europe?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Mar 2019, 18:51

I want to visit Berlin then Prague then Istanbul—the Hagia Sophia is a must-see before that fuckwit Erdogan converts it to a mosque.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 28 Mar 2019, 06:37

HBS Guy wrote:I want to visit Berlin then Prague then Istanbul—the Hagia Sophia is a must-see before that fuckwit Erdogan converts it to a mosque.

I love Prague. The beer, the food, the architecture, the people.

A good way to do it is to fly into Frankfurt and then do a circle.

Frankfurt, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Munich, Frankfurt.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Mar 2019, 15:55

Fine but maybe Istanbul in place of Munich.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Lols » 28 Mar 2019, 20:34

Sprintcyclist wrote:Any suggestions for a big OS holiday next year for my lovely wife and myself?

I have been looking at pictures of Singapore, and it looks amazing. Going there in a few months. So I will be able to let you know what it's like.

If you wanted to do something different again, a cruise on the inside passage of Alaska is beautiful. We did that about 3 years ago, and it left a memorable mark.
Any wonder they call Alaska, the Last Frontier.
If you like salmon, this is the place for salmon!
We also went and saw the dog pulling sleds, as it's their national sport. Fascinating.
Lols
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 28 Mar 2019, 20:44

a friend of mine did a cruise to Antarctica, think the ship stopped at South Georgia before heading into the ice packs but I could be wrong. It may have been another island...... says it was the best experience ever (she travels a lot). Expensive, but well worth it. A once in a lifetime opportunity.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2019, 21:52

sigh

I'll never be able to do that. any of it.
I'm a part self-funded, part government pensioner. I'm flat out paying the bills.

You must feel really lucky to have had the means to travel the world. Billions of people can't do that.

Imagine being me
never been anywhere
but the Antipodes.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 29 Mar 2019, 07:23

HBS Guy wrote:Fine but maybe Istanbul in place of Munich.

Better beer in Munich :bgrin
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Mar 2019, 07:26

The Hagia Sophia is in Istanbul.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 29 Mar 2019, 07:51

HBS Guy wrote:The Hagia Sophia is in Istanbul.

Ah.

You could go see the Black Madonna of Częstochowa, in Poland.

I saw it a few years ago. Long queue, and lots of people weeping.

Good beer in Poland :bgrin
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 29 Mar 2019, 16:09

greggerypeccary wrote:

good polish girls too :hot :hot
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby greggerypeccary » 29 Mar 2019, 17:13

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

good polish girls too :hot :hot

Indeed.

I liked what I saw :bgrin

They like to drink beer too.

I think I told this story before, but lots of young women go out and share a 2 litre jug of beer, with straws, and that's their dinner (maybe a few olives on the side).

I saw it at a few restaurants I went to.

Beer is officially a food in Poland.

They sell it at road houses (petrol stations) - a litre can for one Euro.

They also have tiny little bottle shops on the city streets which are open 24/7.

My kinda country :beer
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2019, 20:35

you don't deserve to FLY anywhere.
Polluting the upper atmosphere... millions of cunts like you.. every fucking day. go figure. :sad

I hope none of you globe-trippers think you have any environmental credentials.. you're among the worst polluters. Holiday in your own country. Help your OWN economy, Make jobs for your countryfolk. Don't go giving your money away to ??? don't be ignorant polluters.

Ships aren't much better than planes. Taking environmental pests around the world through ballast, and poisoning the oceans with oil and human garbage, Be ashamed.

HOLIDAY in AUSTRALIA.!!!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2019, 21:10

pinkeye wrote:sigh

I'll never be able to do that. any of it.
I'm a part self-funded, part government pensioner. I'm flat out paying the bills.

You must feel really lucky to have had the means to travel the world. Billions of people can't do that.

Imagine being me
never been anywhere
but the Antipodes.

AND....

I wouldn't , even if I could.
YOU can , so you DO. No thought of the consequences.

People LIKE YOU are representative of the people destroying the world.

Sorry, but if the SHOE FITS, WEAR IT.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit