What are you doing right now?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 01 Dec 2018, 07:21

HBS Guy wrote:You and every bird in the neighborhood. . .


so? eat the birds, everyone's happy! :bgrin
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 01 Dec 2018, 07:34

ohhh nets r our friend, besides if I can make the property a bird haven as well, im happy ;) and hard times hmmmm Birds. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
mountain lion
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby SethBullock » 01 Dec 2018, 13:04

I’m at my local brew pub.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
User avatar
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 620
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 13:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Dax » 01 Dec 2018, 13:28

Just finished cutting some wood for the next few rainy cool days. Repaired the power connection between the house and workshop as it seems to have got water in it during last nights huge downpour and shorted out. Loaded the centrifuge to make fuel and pulled out some pest bushes with the tractor, which had suddenly appeared after all the rain we've had and hadn't noticed them in the bottom paddock.

Now going to watch the ladies big bash and drink some home made apple cider vinegar.
User avatar
Dax
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 12:15
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 01 Dec 2018, 13:49

I just took the family to Chili’s for dinner. I work all day tomorrow, so I’m going to bed soon.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 373
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Lols » 01 Dec 2018, 14:07

Went to a couple of garage sales this morning, been a long time since I bothered, and one was the best I have been to for a long time, this guy used to work for JB HiFi, and he had some amazing stuff. I bought these Monster Diamondz ear phones, usually about $280, for $15.
An apple ipad for $80. Lots of portable phone and ipad rechargeable batteries, i.e. Jackery Force 260 usually about $80, for $5 :thumb and I splurged on this...not knowing much about it....Large blue tooth wireless speaker Yamaha Musicast wx 030 for $80, I think it's worth well over $500, so I think I did well for Xmas prezzies!

So after that, I decided to do some online searching regarding glaciers and found the photos I was looking for in my file to put up in another post.
I should do some housework..... :B
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 11 Jun 2014, 00:58
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 01 Dec 2018, 14:33

ohh, that reminds me, I need to buy a new power cord. Thanks lols

for today, I bought a van and then set up the christmas tree with the kids. I don't know why it always turns into a chore. Kids start off excited but then that wears off and I'm left to finish everything on my own. It's to bloody hot.

We were supposed to go to the kids jujitsu Xmas party today, and tonight was carols by candlelight tonight, but that's all been cancelled now because the oldest has come down with a fever and vomiting. The joys of having kids :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Lols » 01 Dec 2018, 14:45

johnsmith wrote:ohh, that reminds me, I need to buy a new power cord. Thanks lols

for today, I bought a van and then set up the christmas tree with the kids. I don't know why it always turns into a chore. Kids start off excited but then that wears off and I'm left to finish everything on my own. It's to bloody hot.

We were supposed to go to the kids jujitsu Xmas party today, and tonight was carols by candlelight tonight, but that's all been cancelled now because the oldest has come down with a fever and vomiting. The joys of having kids :roll


That used to always happen to me re: finishing off the xmas tree decor!
Gee, hope your eldest gets better soon!!

As for me, I better do some housework, guilt is starting to set in! After all, it's a nice sunny day, so laundry first!

See ya's.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 11 Jun 2014, 00:58
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Miranda » 01 Dec 2018, 21:46

greggerypeccary wrote:
Miranda wrote:spent the day x-mas shopping... was fun!


Seriously?

That would be absolute torture for me.

What am I doing right now?

Tidying up some files on my desk, then heading off for an extra long weekend.

There'll be no shopping, but there will be an awful lot of drinking and eating.


No it was fun! Got my 'lil girl a FurReal Friends Ricky The Trick-Lovin' Pup. I love toy & IT shopping. Oh and I cant believe that Tamagotchi is back! Does anyone remember what they were?
Miranda
Jack Russell
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 02 Dec 2018, 07:34

Miranda wrote: I cant believe that Tamagotchi is back


they're not, are they? :grn

I didn't like them the first time around. Hopefully my kids will feel the same about them.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby sherri » 02 Dec 2018, 12:34

johnsmith wrote:
Miranda wrote: I cant believe that Tamagotchi is back


they're not, are they? :grn

I didn't like them the first time around. Hopefully my kids will feel the same about them.


Have you got your original Tamagotchi? from what I read, they are a collector item these days and worth a fair bit.

Same with unopened transformer figures. Apparently they can be worth up to $2000.

But who are these people who buy toys and then never open them for 30 years?

My son's transformers were played with for years and are doing duty for the grandkids. value probably about zilch.
sherri
puppy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 28 Nov 2018, 07:07
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 02 Dec 2018, 13:02

sherri wrote:
Have you got your original Tamagotchi?


I never got one. I didn't like them. I never understood what all the fuss was. Tried my sisters for a little while but it seemed so pointless. :roll

sherri wrote:But who are these people who buy toys and then never open them for 30 years?

not my kids :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 02 Dec 2018, 13:17

My wife does all the 'Christmas shopping. I don't like to shop.

I just visited with my uncle in the hospital. I've lived away for most of my adult life and never really talked with him much as an adult. I found out that he tried out for the New York Mets in 1963 as a 3rd baseman. He didn't hear anything from them and went into the Navy. That was when he got his invitation to Spring training camp. He missed his chance to play Major League Baseball by going into the Navy. He worked for decades at Rockwell in the engineering department and conducted studies on actuators and valves and published specs for industrial applications. After retiring, he went to work at the post office at the Dallas hub for a few years. He supervised the people who operated the sorting machines. When he retired from that, he worked part time for the Texas Rangers. He greeted people entering and leaving the games and helped people find their seats and concessions and rest rooms for the 3rd level above the home plate. He was really glad to be around baseball again and got to know several of the Rangers. He got to work the World Series at Ranger's Stadium a few years ago. He had to quit because of his health. We talked about what my grandfather did for a living, because I was only around for the last 10 years before he retired. Anyway, we had a good visit after I worked 12 hours today. He enjoyed talking "shop" with an adult instead of just being an old retired guy talking about sports on TV.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 373
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Aussie » 02 Dec 2018, 13:19

Texan wrote:My wife does all the 'Christmas shopping. I don't like to shop.

I just visited with my uncle in the hospital. I've lived away for most of my adult life and never really talked with him much as an adult. I found out that he tried out for the New York Mets in 1963 as a 3rd baseman. He didn't hear anything from them and went into the Navy. That was when he got his invitation to Spring training camp. He missed his chance to play Major League Baseball by going into the Navy. He worked for decades at Rockwell in the engineering department and conducted studies on actuators and valves and published specs for industrial applications. After retiring, he went to work at the post office at the Dallas hub for a few years. He supervised the people who operated the sorting machines. When he retired from that, he worked part time for the Texas Rangers. He greeted people entering and leaving the games and helped people find their seats and concessions and rest rooms for the 3rd level above the home plate. He was really glad to be around baseball again and got to know several of the Rangers. He got to work the World Series at Ranger's Stadium a few years ago. He had to quit because of his health. We talked about what my grandfather did for a living, because I was only around for the last 10 years before he retired. Anyway, we had a good visit after I worked 12 hours today. He enjoyed talking "shop" with an adult instead of just being an old retired guy talking about sports on TV.


:beer
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Miranda » 02 Dec 2018, 13:35

sherri wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Miranda wrote: I cant believe that Tamagotchi is back


they're not, are they? :grn

I didn't like them the first time around. Hopefully my kids will feel the same about them.


Have you got your original Tamagotchi? from what I read, they are a collector item these days and worth a fair bit.

Same with unopened transformer figures. Apparently they can be worth up to $2000.

But who are these people who buy toys and then never open them for 30 years?

My son's transformers were played with for years and are doing duty for the grandkids. value probably about zilch.



No, i haven't. I'm not into collectables, unless it is jewelery or Bendigo Pottery. My brother collects toy cars and keeps them boxed. His son is not allowed to play with them, only admire them in the locked display cabinets. Makes no sence to me.
Miranda
Jack Russell
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 12:53
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Dec 2018, 16:33

Miranda wrote:No, i haven't. I'm not into collectables, unless it is jewelery or Bendigo Pottery. My brother collects toy cars and keeps them boxed. His son is not allowed to play with them, only admire them in the locked display cabinets. Makes no sence to me.


I sort of collect model cars. I like the ones with some wear on them to show some kid or kids enjoyed playing with them. I might have about 50 or so. Dunno why I collect them: never could afford to have them as a kid? I look for metal cars, not plastic crap, and they must be interesting, lot of detail. The tractor that is my avatar is new old stock. It is quite chunky but is not the biggest model car I own: horsedrawn, steam powered fire engine is the biggest. Fascinating history:

On a report of a fire being received the kindling in the boiler would be ignited, the horses harnessed and off the engine would go, with coal being added to the fire in the boiler. When they got to the fire the boiler would have enough power to get water from a hydrant and pump it some way up. I know all this because I was without a car for a while after a rather bad accident and sometimes caught the bus at the stop in front of the fire brigade headquarters and they had one of these steam powered, horse drawn engines on display with explanatory signs.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50037
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Lols » 02 Dec 2018, 20:53

Talking about collectables, or being a collector, decades ago, I started collecting them 1960's Genie bottles, they were about $5 or so. I just liked them, and the prisms of colours that looked lovely from the sunrays. I was very surprised to see them worth hundred$$ on ebay!
So I did sell one, a purple one, for about $240, gosh, I haven't got the heart to sell the others, I like them so much!
Other collectables I had done for years, before it became to be collectable, was vinyl records. But way way back, it was books! And I still have to resist buying them, I even said I would find a book for Seth about Internet Trolls.....am still looking for it :roll
As for kids toys, do some here remember the Rigadoons, and Cabbage Patch Dolls? I only ever owned one doll when I was little, and I still have it, it's sort of needs to go to doll hospital :?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 11 Jun 2014, 00:58
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Aussie » 02 Dec 2018, 20:58

Yeah....I was having to buy Cabbage Patch Doll stuff.....and worse.....bloody Telly Tubbies...all gone now.

Duh!
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 02 Dec 2018, 21:01

I collect toys.


often it's the same ones over and over. I pick them up of the floor and put them in their allotted space and the next day it's like magic, there they are waiting for me to collect them again :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Aussie » 02 Dec 2018, 21:27

johnsmith wrote:I collect toys.


often it's the same ones over and over. I pick them up of the floor and put them in their allotted space and the next day it's like magic, there they are waiting for me to collect them again :roll


:bgrin
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby mothra » 03 Dec 2018, 05:21

johnsmith wrote:I collect toys.


often it's the same ones over and over. I pick them up of the floor and put them in their allotted space and the next day it's like magic, there they are waiting for me to collect them again :roll


Beats stepping on them in the dark. Lego, i'm looking at you. Fucking lethal that shit.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 5540
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 18:47
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Dec 2018, 09:03

Writing up the plan for the block, how and where trees are to be planted, the root barrier around the trunk, how to make up the spray to be used and when to spray—I will increasingly need to rely on locals once the trees are in the ground so will write it up, get it printed and laminated at OfficeWorks and sticky tape it to the shed walls in George Town.

One thing, plenty of rain down there and with the clay soil and thick mulch irrigation will likely not be needed. Someone can do some hand watering for me.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50037
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby johnsmith » 03 Dec 2018, 20:47

mothra wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I collect toys.


often it's the same ones over and over. I pick them up of the floor and put them in their allotted space and the next day it's like magic, there they are waiting for me to collect them again :roll


Beats stepping on them in the dark. Lego, i'm looking at you. Fucking lethal that shit.


I'll bet that if someone started a class action against lego's for damage to feet, you'd have thousands of parents join in
:bgrin
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby Texan » 05 Dec 2018, 09:41

I’m waiting to work in the basement of a large bank building in downtown Dallas.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Pitbull terrier
 
Posts: 373
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 14:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Dec 2018, 10:52

Paid a stack of bills online for Mum.

Didn’t realise until I had to close my shop and retire how much running around Mum did to pay bills. I would drive her to the Post Office or Telstra etc. Saved her a heap of dough, her house and contents insurance premium was nearly $1000, I pruned that back to $600. I made Telstra back down on charging for land line services on a landline that no longer allowed calls to be made only received them then didn’t let us receive incoming calls. After some argy bargy Telstra wrote off over $500. I now just have a mobile phone account with them—and they are trying to charge for the Apple iStore. Not putting up with that!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50037
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest