What are you doing right now?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: What are you doing right now?

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Mar 2019, 17:09

Just sitting here feeling happy. You may remember dog only weighed 7.9Kg when I took her to the vet for her checkup and vaccination. Thinking the big “C” of course. Three weeks ago I thought “Maybe it is worms” so gave her a worm tablet including hydatid tapeworms. Next day white spots in her stool (picking this up when walking her the downside of owning a dog) which means worms (or worm carcasses?) I took her to the vet earlier this afternoon and got her to sit on the scales—8.7Kg! A normal sort of weight for her. Guess it was worms.

As well as the weight gain she has been happier since I gave her that tablet, even wanting me to throw her rubber bull for her to chase and bring back for me to throw. . .etc. So I was sure she was feeling better even before weighing her.

Good.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Mar 2019, 07:58

Eating a cooked breakfast. I got the cherry tomatoes to dry roasting then took the mutt for a walk. Came back, added mushrooms stuffed with chopped herbs etc and pancetta wrapped around asparagus (I know, out of season, but tastes so nice dry roasted inside its pancetta wrapper and put water on to poach a couple eggs, chook eggs not duck eggs, unfortunately.

Sliced bread, s[read with tangy Woodside goat curd, sprinkle some capers and top with slices of smoked salmon then add the tomatoes, mushrooms and pancetta-wrapped asparagus.

Wonderfull, a full cooked breakfast with not a single fried thing in it!

Yum!

And I feel virtuous eating it, courtesy of the brisk walk with the mutt!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Agness » 09 Mar 2019, 08:57

I think you are going to be very happy living in Tassie- the mild weather conditions and beautiful scenery-sounds like you have it all under control
Agness
Rainbow lorikeet

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Mar 2019, 09:24

Tassie is beautiful! Where I am, maritime influence means rarely get extreme cold. And it is small, Devonport to Hobart under 4 hours. So lots of 1-2 day trips explore it all, the Tarquin, the highlands the West Coast, Hobart , Port Arthur, seafood everywhere, yum!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Agness » 10 Mar 2019, 11:43

HBS Guy wrote:Tassie is beautiful! Where I am, maritime influence means rarely get extreme cold. And it is small, Devonport to Hobart under 4 hours. So lots of 1-2 day trips explore it all, the Tarquin, the highlands the West Coast, Hobart , Port Arthur, seafood everywhere, yum!

An untamed paradise with seafood already- you away very long ?
Agness
Rainbow lorikeet

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Mar 2019, 13:33

Couple of weeks planting some trees and readying to plant more.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 11 Mar 2019, 11:00

At Deception Brewing Company with friends.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Mar 2019, 11:40

Nice!

I am doing boring stuff, comparing plum varieties to get good ones and have either two self fertile ones or two that can pollinate each other. An eater and a jam type.

Have two nice peach varieties: Anzac, soft, juicy, harvest January and Bellhaven, firmer, eat/can/freeze. So nice in winter to sit down to a bowl of preserved peaches: the sun may not be in the sky but it is in your bowl!

Want an eating plum and a preserving one. Any surplus > press > ferment > pot distil > slivovitz!

Nearly completed the plan for drainage ditches to be dug—need drainage with my clay soil! Will finish that tomorrow and get it off to the people who, hopefully will do the work: dig trenches, fill with gravel, put spoil in between the two trenches making mounds I can plant the trees into, might get some better soil delivered and use that to make the mounds higher. Found a place sells used abalone mushroom compost, nice and acid, spread plenty of that around.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 11 Mar 2019, 13:03

Pizza and craft brews at Deception ...

Deception 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Mar 2019, 13:22

SethBullock wrote:At Deception Brewing Company with friends.

Did you see these guys there?

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby SethBullock » 11 Mar 2019, 13:36

Aussie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:At Deception Brewing Company with friends.

Did you see these guys there?

No, that bartender is gone now. Also, the chalkboard is gone too, replaced by an electronic one.

deception fresh hop ipa idaho 7.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 11 Mar 2019, 13:43

Would have been hilarious if he was still there and you could show him he is starring on a small Aussie Forum!

:bgrin
Aussie

Postby SethBullock » 11 Mar 2019, 13:48

Aussie wrote:Would have been hilarious if he was still there and you could show him he is starring on a small Aussie Forum!

:bgrin

Haha!

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Mar 2019, 14:27

Looks like a nice place.

Tell them to bring back the blackboard tho. It is a brewery not a 4 hat restaurant on the Champs de Elysee! Bit rustic is nice!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Texan » 13 Mar 2019, 15:28

This is kind of funny. The lovely Mrs. Texan insisted on going tent camping this week. I’m in a tent with my family in a severe thunderstorm with 80 km/hr winds. The wind pulled out some of the tent stakes and we had to put them back in while others held the tent down from the inside. We are dry again and the rain should end in a couple of hours.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby Aussie » 13 Mar 2019, 16:01

Texan wrote:This is kind of funny. The lovely Mrs. Texan insisted on going tent camping this week. I’m in a tent with my family in a severe thunderstorm with 80 km/hr winds. The wind pulled out some of the tent stakes and we had to put them back in while others held the tent down from the inside. We are dry again and the rain should end in a couple of hours.

Mrs Texan may be lovely....but it would not matter how lovely as there is no way this Black Duck would be camping. Stuff that. I like the dunny and shower where it is.....in the Home. Don't mind camp fire cooking, but that's it. Out there in wind and rain....yay!

Not. :tweed
Aussie

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Mar 2019, 16:05

Waiting on delivery of my “BlackSys CH-200 DUAL 1080P FULL HD Dash Cam” supposed to be today but it is already after 5pm.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 13 Mar 2019, 18:13

waiting for yet another heatwave to pass us by. Although today was certainly much better than the last two days.
They're predicting rain tomorrow. Bring it on I say.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Miranda » 13 Mar 2019, 18:34

johnsmith wrote:waiting for yet another heatwave to pass us by. Although today was certainly much better than the last two days.

My sister, who lives in Brisbane is complaining of the heat also.

Meanwhile, us folks in Melbourne need the heater on!
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 13 Mar 2019, 18:38

Miranda wrote:
johnsmith wrote:waiting for yet another heatwave to pass us by. Although today was certainly much better than the last two days.

My sister, who lives in Brisbane is complaining of the heat also.

Meanwhile, us folks in Melbourne need the heater on!

She has every right to. It is far king hot. Rain here in the next couple of days says BOM. We'll see. My Golf Course needs a drink badly although we still have plenty of water in the dams.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 13 Mar 2019, 18:58

Aussie wrote: Rain here in the next couple of days says BOM

I'm not going to hold my breath. These things have a way of fizzing out all the time.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Mar 2019, 19:29

Meanwhile, the days are bearable and the nights cool here, but the forecast shows temperatures climbing again.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 13 Mar 2019, 19:31

HBS Guy wrote:Meanwhile, the days are bearable and the nights cool here, but the forecast shows temperatures climbing again.

Bearable :grn ... at one point during my run yesterday the cars thermometer read 45 degrees. Today it touched on 35 briefly, before falling back to 33.

I'm just sooooo over this heat.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 13 Mar 2019, 19:36

Geez, here it is low 20s.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Agness » 13 Mar 2019, 21:11

Beautiful day here today and I did my meditation over my afternoon coffee while cloud watching- right now sitting with legs crossed on my bed talking to you guys ~
Agness
Rainbow lorikeet

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit