Pub Meals and the like.

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Pub Meals and the like.

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 13:58

Was down in Brisbane over the week-end visiting Son, DIL and Grand-kids Went to this historic pub for Sunday lunch. Mouthwatering steaks and....of course, not a vegetarian in sight!

No Des Chutes either.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Re: funny

Postby SethBullock » 19 Nov 2018, 14:50

Aussie wrote:Was down in Brisbane over the week-end visiting Son, DIL and Grand-kids Went to this historic pub for Sunday lunch. Mouthwatering steaks and....of course, not a vegetarian in sight!

No Des Chutes either.

Too bad about the Deschutes, but it still sounds like a good place to eat ... em ... except for grass-eaters.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 14:55

Checked at a large Dan Murphy outlet down there as well. No luck, but the bloke did say he been receiving a few enquiries and might have to put it on their stock list.

Just look what you have done!

:bgrin
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 19 Nov 2018, 15:05

Aussie wrote:Checked at a large Dan Murphy outlet down there as well. No luck, but the bloke did say he been receiving a few enquiries and might have to put it on their stock list.

Just look what you have done!

:bgrin

just how many times did you ring? :giggle
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 15:08

The bloke said it sounded like a few people with Oregon accents.

:roll
Aussie

Postby SethBullock » 19 Nov 2018, 15:11

Hehehe ... :roll

An Oregon accent is plain ol' 'Merican but with the sound of rain falling on the roof. :rain
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby Texan » 19 Nov 2018, 15:29

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:Was down in Brisbane over the week-end visiting Son, DIL and Grand-kids Went to this historic pub for Sunday lunch. Mouthwatering steaks and....of course, not a vegetarian in sight!

No Des Chutes either.

Too bad about the Deschutes, but it still sounds like a good place to eat ... em ... except for grass-eaters.

Seeing the Steak House menu make me want to go to Texas De Brazil. The salad bar is great with great baked potatoes, but once you sit down, you see these Brazilian looking guys in goucho outfits walking by with skewers full of meat. If you see something you like, they will put a few slices on your plate. When you finish that, flag down another guy and he will slice you off another piece of meat. In one meal, I had every delicious meat I could ever think of. They just kept bringing it. It was expensive enough that we'll only be able to go on special occasions about once/year, but well worth it. There are several locations across the US.

https://texasdebrazil.com/menu/meats/

Sorry it's not funny, but I couldn't help myself.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Nov 2018, 15:41

Sounds like heaven!

Once a year is about the right frequency for heaven.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Nov 2018, 15:48

Texan wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

No Des Chutes either.

Seeing the Steak House menu make me want to go to Texas De Brazil. The salad bar is great with great baked potatoes, but once you sit down, you see these Brazilian looking guys in goucho outfits walking by with skewers full of meat. If you see something you like, they will put a few slices on your plate. When you finish that, flag down another guy and he will slice you off another piece of meat. In one meal, I had every delicious meat I could ever think of. They just kept bringing it. It was expensive enough that we'll only be able to go on special occasions about once/year, but well worth it. There are several locations across the US.

Jesus - they sell food by the pound! :b
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 15:58

Texan wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

No Des Chutes either.

Sounds like great concept! No wonder it costs a small fortune with what must be high labour involvement.
Aussie

Re: Pub Meals and the like.

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 15:59

Well....nothing new about that. You can get a 200 or 300 etc gram steak in Aus. Price goes up with weight.
Aussie

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Nov 2018, 16:02

Aussie wrote:

Well....nothing new about that. You can get a 200 or 300 etc gram steak in Aus. Price goes up with weight.

They sell it all by the pound.

"Texas de Brazil meats, sides and salads are available for take-out by the pound."

Take-out :bgrin (It's take-away, America)
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 16:04

greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:

"Texas de Brazil meats, sides and salads are available for take-out by the pound."

Even those blokes who come around with the skewered meat that Texan was referring to?

:?
Aussie

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Nov 2018, 16:07

Aussie wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Even those blokes who come around with the skewered meat that Texan was referring to?

:?

Nah.

When you sit in the restaurant it's a set price of about $45 US for dinner.

$25 if you only eat salad.

"Prices do not include alcohol, featured items, desserts, beverages, tax or gratuity."
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Nov 2018, 16:17

I DREAM of finding a hostelry that will serve a decent BIG pie with great pastry and an enormously flavorsome filling, meat, herbs, onion etc.

At Westfield Marion I had a Vindaloo lamb curry pie. A one person, one serve pie. Filling: superb, spicy, tasty. Pastry: tasted dead.

From the Central Market I have bought game pies: about a two person pie but while there were hints of greatness the overall impression was: blah!

I don’t know why the perfect pie is such an obsession with me but I do love pies.

Not pies sold by Cut Me Own Throat Dibbler and I want that understood right from the start! (Any other Terry Pratchett fans here???)

Think I might make a bacon and egg pie for the family christmass lunch. Some sort of pie. Time to drag my pie cookbooks off the shelf. Maybe make something from Mrs Beeton. No vegetarian recipes in her cookbook!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Nov 2018, 16:24

HBS Guy wrote:I DREAM of finding a hostelry that will serve a decent BIG pie with great pastry and an enormously flavorsome filling, meat, herbs, onion etc.

At Westfield Marion I had a Vindaloo lamb curry pie. A one person, one serve pie. Filling: superb, spicy, tasty. Pastry: tasted dead.

From the Central Market I have bought game pies: about a two person pie but while there were hints of greatness the overall impression was: blah!

I don’t know why the perfect pie is such an obsession with me but I do love pies.

Not pies sold by Cut Me Own Throat Dibbler and I want that understood right from the start! (Any other Terry Pratchett fans here???)

Think I might make a bacon and egg pie for the family christmass lunch. Some sort of pie. Time to drag my pie cookbooks off the shelf. Maybe make something from Mrs Beeton. No vegetarian recipes in her cookbook!

This place has a pretty good reputation for pies:

https://www.miamibakehouse.com.au/gourmet-pies-savouries

https://www.experienceperth.com/business/food-drink/miami-bakehouse
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 19 Nov 2018, 16:36

greggerypeccary wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I DREAM of finding a hostelry that will serve a decent BIG pie with great pastry and an enormously flavorsome filling, meat, herbs, onion etc.

This place has a pretty good reputation for pies:

https://www.miamibakehouse.com.au/gourmet-pies-savouries

https://www.experienceperth.com/business/food-drink/miami-bakehouse

I used to get a seafood pie from Miami years ago.

It was so filling that I couldn't eat for about 24 hours afterwards.

There were about 12 king prawns in every (single serve) pie.
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Nov 2018, 16:52

OK, I missed out on visiting Perth last year but I definitely will go there May 2019!

Take me to one of those and I will be a happy little piggy!

And take me to a brewery there, natch.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 19 Nov 2018, 18:16

do they still do the Pie swimming in pea and ham soup in Adelaide ? at 3am on a sat morning was just as good as a Kebab.....(plus lots of beer)
Frog in a hole ? :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 18:27

Far king kebabs, late night drunk kebab chewing idiots who want to get into 'my' Cab while they are still eating the bastard. Leaves a terrible smell in the Cab, forgetting what they leave on the seats/floors. If you are sucking a stinking kebab, DO NOT get into a Cab.

Get the far king message?

:stop
Aussie

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Nov 2018, 18:27

Pie floater!

No idea but I suspect: yes.

Had one drunk as a skunk. Never again!

What is the Tassie equivalent?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 19 Nov 2018, 19:02

HBS Guy wrote:Pie floater!

No idea but I suspect: yes.

Had one drunk as a skunk. Never again!

What is the Tassie equivalent?

A Lobster dropped in a bowl of Apple Cider ? :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 19 Nov 2018, 19:09

Aussie wrote:Far king kebabs, late night drunk kebab chewing idiots who want to get into 'my' Cab while they are still eating the bastard. Leaves a terrible smell in the Cab, forgetting what they leave on the seats/floors. If you are sucking a stinking kebab, DO NOT get into a Cab.

Get the far king message?

:stop

Fuck off .... nothing better than a greasy kebab when you've been on the piss. :clap
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 19 Nov 2018, 19:39

I agree......just DO NOT get in my Cab with your greasy lamb stinking kabab. Eat the far car and then get in.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 19 Nov 2018, 20:35

Aussie wrote:I agree......just DO NOT get in my Cab with your greasy lamb stinking kabab. Eat the far car and then get in.

I'm going to come up there one day, seek you out, buy a dozen kebabs then get you to drive me down to the goldie while i eat them all.

It'll be worth whatever the meter reads at the end. :clap
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Next

Return to Sand Pit