funny

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
spamone: Animal

Re: funny

Post by DonDeeHippy »

It's would be a tradie minefield over here :)
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:Red necks drive 4wd pickups with trailer hitches and always park rear end first and people often trip on their trailer hitches.
I have a 'pickup' (we call them utes ) with a trailer hitch and I don't think I'm a redneck
Yer not foolin anyone, Bubba ...
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

You think Bubba protests too much? :bgrin

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:Red necks drive 4wd pickups with trailer hitches and always park rear end first and people often trip on their trailer hitches.
I have a 'pickup' (we call them utes ) with a trailer hitch and I don't think I'm a redneck
It's all what you do with the truck. Rednecks take their trucks muddin' and haul their bass boats to the lake on weekends. They wouldn't consider driving anything but a 4x4 truck. They always back their trucks into parking spots and leave a tripping hazard over the sidewalk. They aren't typically beacons of culture.

My wife's crewcab Ford truck is only 2wd, but it has a sweet sounding 5.0L V8. It looks like this one.
Pretty car!

Calm down, cowboy ... Just messin with ya :bgrin
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

My 1990 Ford 3/4 ton 4WD pickup. Notice American flag in the reflection off the window. That flag hangs off the side of my house.
Ford.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Bottom part of license plate frame and dual hitch receiver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Do you yanks have flags everywhere to remind you what country you are in? Seems like that sometimes.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

HBS Guy wrote:Do you yanks have flags everywhere ...
Yes.

I read your question, and then I drove 8 blocks to my corner store to pick up some Mirror Ponds. I counted 8 of 'em along the way.
home town.jpg

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

I would not dream of displaying an Australian flag: I need no reminders of where I am.

Flags are for official buildings IMHO.

Texan
Cheetah

Post by Texan »

I'm tired of seeing flags flown at half staff. For a while, they announced a time of mourning on the drop of a hat. It was almost like we were apologizing for our flag. It's good to see them flying high again. I prefer to see the Texas flag anyway. Texas aligns more with my values lately. I won't disrespect the American flag because I'm an American and I love my country, but Texas is my home.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

HBS Guy wrote:I would not dream of displaying an Australian flag: I need no reminders of where I am.

Flags are for official buildings IMHO.
Not here.

Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Post by Sprintcyclist »

SethBullock wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Do you yanks have flags everywhere ...
Yes.

I read your question, and then I drove 8 blocks to my corner store to pick up some Mirror Ponds. I counted 8 of 'em along the way.
home town.jpg
Great, I have often had an Aussie flag flying from our house or cycles.
Have an Aussie flag beach towel.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

Speaking of rednecks ...

ET shouldn't have landed in Alabama.
rednecks.jpg

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
It's all what you do with the truck. Rednecks take their trucks muddin' and haul their bass boats to the lake on weekends. They wouldn't consider driving anything but a 4x4 truck. They always back their trucks into parking spots and leave a tripping hazard over the sidewalk. They aren't typically beacons of culture.

My wife's crewcab Ford truck is only 2wd, but it has a sweet sounding 5.0L V8. It looks like this one.

no mudding from me.... not deliberately anyway. I used to use mine to haul garden waste etc when I managed the residential complex. Now I don't use it so much so I'm going to sell it.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Yer not foolin anyone, Bubba ...

I've been called worse :beer
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

I'm proud of oure Aussie flag, but I wouldn't fly one in front of my place. It's uncouth.
I don't agree with bogans using the Aussie flag to push their racism.
FD.

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

johnsmith wrote:I'm proud of oure Aussie flag, but I wouldn't fly one in front of my place. It's uncouth.
In this country it's just a show of pride, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with racism.

Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Post by Sprintcyclist »

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:I'm proud of oure Aussie flag, but I wouldn't fly one in front of my place. It's uncouth.
In this country it's just a show of pride, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with racism.
for me it shows pride in your country

if you feel too ashamed to fly your flag, so be it

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

yarn.png

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

and southern Cross tattoos :OMG :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Sprintcyclist wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel - Samuel Johnson (wasn't he a founding Father ?)
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious,” - Oscar Wilde :purple

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

SethBullock wrote:
yarn.png
my dad has always referred to "Calf shit Yellar" (yellow) I've always assumed it was a American saying. :purple

SethBullock
Warthog

Post by SethBullock »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel - Samuel Johnson (wasn't he a founding Father ?)
Samuel Johnson was most certainly NOT one of our founding fathers. He was loyal to Great Britain. He believed American colonists "voluntarily resigned the power of voting" when they left Great Britain, and he wrote that if Americans wanted to vote on taxes, they could come back to Great Britain, purchase an estate, and then vote.

No wonder he didn't have anything good to say about patriotism.

Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Post by Sprintcyclist »

SethBullock wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Samuel Johnson was most certainly NOT one of our founding fathers. He was loyal to Great Britain. He believed American colonists "voluntarily resigned the power of voting" when they left Great Britain, and he wrote that if Americans wanted to vote on taxes, they could come back to Great Britain, purchase an estate, and then vote.

No wonder he didn't have anything good to say about patriotism.

Yes, I bet Samuel was never proud of America.

What a shallow person.

Texan
Cheetah

Post by Texan »

The reason that I never put up a flagpole was that I didn't want to keep up with flag etiquette and ultimately disrespect the flag. Flags need to be pulled down at night or keep it well lit at night. Then you have to deal with disposal when it becomes too worn to display. I like seeing them, but I'm not always home to take care of the flag. It's almost like having a pet and I don't want to put that task on my family. Maybe I'll do it right some day and put up a pole with built in lighting, but not today.