Woodturning

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Woodturning

Postby Sallyally » 05 Nov 2018, 17:33

Any woodturners on this forum?
I've been turning for 2 years and I've just finished a Peppermill. I know, slow, but I've been working up to it. Anyway, I needed to skite to someone.
Anyone? Anyone?
Sallyally
puppy

spamone: Animal

Re: Woodturning

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Nov 2018, 17:37

My hat is off to anyone who can change a piece of lumber into a useful and beautiful item!

I CAN turn grain, water, hops and yeast into beer tho! :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 05 Nov 2018, 17:56

Sallyally wrote:Any woodturners on this forum?
I've been turning for 2 years and I've just finished a Peppermill. I know, slow, but I've been working up to it. Anyway, I needed to skite to someone.
Anyone? Anyone?

Good onya. Nah.....I have no idea about it, but I'll happily buy one of your turned peppermills.......if the bugger works!

:bgrin
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby Sallyally » 07 Nov 2018, 20:50

HBS Guy wrote:My hat is off to anyone who can change a piece of lumber into a useful and beautiful item!

My hat is off to anyone who can turn water grain hops and yeast into beer. It is a tricky process. My Son in law makes homebrew and it's pretty nice.
Sallyally
puppy

Postby Sallyally » 07 Nov 2018, 20:57

Aussie wrote:
Anyone? Anyone?

Good onya. Nah.....I have no idea about it, but I'll happily buy one of your turned peppermills.......if the bugger works!

I'll hold you to this!
Sallyally
puppy

Postby Aussie » 07 Nov 2018, 21:09

Sallyally wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Anyone? Anyone?

I'll hold you to this!

And I shall happily pay up.

:beer
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Nov 2018, 21:40

Sallyally wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:My hat is off to anyone who can change a piece of lumber into a useful and beautiful item!

My hat is off to anyone who can turn water grain hops and yeast into beer. It is a tricky process. My Son in law makes homebrew and it's pretty nice.

I used to own a home brew shop, hence “HBS Guy.” Was a good time but arthritis meant I had to shut up shop.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Sallyally » 08 Nov 2018, 17:26

Arthritis is the pits. Pain is debilitating and depressing.
Sallyally
puppy

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Nov 2018, 17:34

Yup. Trigger was one Monday, standing by the till, customer coming in as the previous customer was leaving. Went on for two hours and at the end I was practically crying with pain. Then the new landlord came in acting like an arrogant pig and I told him I was closing.

Have a steel hip but even so I plan my kitchen to include a big wooden table where I will sit and prepare food plus a dishwasher to wash dishes after the meal—NO STANDING except at the stove top.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Sand Pit