Howdy from Texas.

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Howdy from Texas.

Postby Texan » 21 Oct 2018, 15:06

One of your members was kind enough to invite me to hang out here. Consider this my introduction. I'm a conservative American, military veteran, father of 3 sons, grandfather of 1 granddaughter(on the way), and married for 27 years to the most beautiful woman to ever wear a pair of cowboy boots.

I realize that I am an outsider here and will try not to tell you how to live your lives. I know I don't like it when foreigners try to tell me that my ways are stupid and that my country should be like their country. I will be happy to give my opinion, especially when asked. I can't promise that I will stay here forever. I have responsibilities, commitments, and other interests, but it will be good to see how people on the bottom of the world live.(ha)
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
Texan
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Re: Howdy from Texas.

Postby Aussie » 21 Oct 2018, 15:12

'Onya Texan. Given that background and family tree, I guess you are of Vietnam War vintage. Welcome.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby mothra » 21 Oct 2018, 16:49

Howdy Tex. Welcome :beer
mothra
Duck

Postby johnsmith » 21 Oct 2018, 17:11

Welcome Tex.
:Hi
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Oct 2018, 17:24

I have a joke about a Texan, had my non–Texan yank buddies in stitches. Won’t tell it tho.

Texas was the scene of the last battle in the Civil War. The Texans won that battle. But not the war.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 21 Oct 2018, 17:26

Well given it is almost 2.00 am there......
Aussie

Postby HBS Guy » 21 Oct 2018, 17:30

No excuse!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 22 Oct 2018, 01:56

Texan wrote:One of your members was kind enough to invite me to hang out here. Consider this my introduction. I'm a conservative American, military veteran, father of 3 sons, grandfather of 1 granddaughter(on the way), and married for 27 years to the most beautiful woman to ever wear a pair of cowboy boots.

I realize that I am an outsider here and will try not to tell you how to live your lives. I know I don't like it when foreigners try to tell me that my ways are stupid and that my country should be like their country. I will be happy to give my opinion, especially when asked. I can't promise that I will stay here forever. I have responsibilities, commitments, and other interests, but it will be good to see how people on the bottom of the world live.(ha)

Hullo Texan, you of the Lone Star State. Welcome to this humble downunder umm place... :roll
If you want to discuss issues of import with others you're in the right place.

:bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 22 Oct 2018, 08:06

Thank you all. I look forward to your joke, HBS Guy.
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 22 Oct 2018, 08:37

Texan wrote: I look forward to your joke, HBS Guy.

don't get to excited, if it's anything like his previous jokes it won't be funny at all.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Texan » 22 Oct 2018, 11:25

johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote: I look forward to your joke, HBS Guy.

don't get to excited, if it's anything like his previous jokes it won't be funny at all.

I figure it will be the Brit, the Texan, and the Mexican on a crashing plane with only 1 parachute, but I could be wrong.
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 22 Oct 2018, 11:29

An Englishman, Frenchman, Mexican, and Texan were flying across country on a small plane when the pilot comes on the loud speaker and says " We're having mechanical problems and the only way we can make it to the next airport is for 3 of you to open the door and jump, at least one of you can survive" The four open the door and look out below. The Englishman takes a deep breath and hollers "God Save The Queen" and jumps. The Frenchman gets really inspired and hollers "Viva La France" and he also jumps. This really pumps up the Texan so he hollers "Remember the Alamo" and he grabs the Mexican and throws him out of the plane.

:beer
Aussie

Postby Texan » 22 Oct 2018, 11:40

Aussie wrote:An Englishman, Frenchman, Mexican, and Texan were flying across country on a small plane when the pilot comes on the loud speaker and says " We're having mechanical problems and the only way we can make it to the next airport is for 3 of you to open the door and jump, at least one of you can survive" The four open the door and look out below. The Englishman takes a deep breath and hollers "God Save The Queen" and jumps. The Frenchman gets really inspired and hollers "Viva La France" and he also jumps. This really pumps up the Texan so he hollers "Remember the Alamo" and he grabs the Mexican and throws him out of the plane.

:beer

That's the one.
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Oct 2018, 12:58

A Texan was out of Texas, in some poor village, big man talking big.

The Texan died suddenly and the village had a problem: nowhere near enough wood to make a coffin for such a huge man, the gravedigger didn’t want to dig that big a hole in the hard rocky soil.

They discussed the matter but could see no solution. So the mayor rang the Governor of Texas for advice. The governor advised them the adminster an enema to the body.

So they did that—and then they could bury the body in a cigar box.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby dissilymordentroge » 22 Oct 2018, 13:06

Texan wrote:One of your members was kind enough to invite me to hang out here. Consider this my introduction. I'm a conservative American, military veteran, father of 3 sons, grandfather of 1 granddaughter(on the way), and married for 27 years to the most beautiful woman to ever wear a pair of cowboy boots.

Hi Tex. Feel free to tell me how to live my life but expect me to do the same. I have a history of tangling with fundamentalist Christians on US forums so maybe if we stay away from scripture we’ll get on well. On the other hand maybe we can learn something from each other if we stay open to new ideas. These days however I do try and avoid the subject of Trump as the mere thought of the man has steam coming out of my ears. But hey, down here we have as many politicians, maybe more, who have the same effect on me.
One issue we could discuss is the treatment of military vets when they return home. In Australia the Veteran’s Affairs Dept has a nasty record in their dealings with returned soldiers. We had one excellent advocate for veterans, Jacki Lambie, herself ex-army. Sadly due to a dual nationality mess in Federal Parliament she and a lot of others had to resign.

Welcome to Oz mate.
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby SethBullock » 23 Oct 2018, 02:24

Howdy, Texan! :Hi
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby pinkeye » 23 Oct 2018, 02:51

HBS Guy wrote:A Texan was out of Texas, in some poor village, big man talking big.

The Texan died suddenly and the village had a problem: nowhere near enough wood to make a coffin for such a huge man, the gravedigger didn’t want to dig that big a hole in the hard rocky soil.

They discussed the matter but could see no solution. So the mayor rang the Governor of Texas for advice. The governor advised them the adminster an enema to the body.

:bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 23 Oct 2018, 03:58

HBS Guy wrote:A Texan was out of Texas, in some poor village, big man talking big.

Good thing they didn’t light a match instead.
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 10:42

Hi, from Bulgaristania.

And I'd say besides Australians, Americans, Canads, Bulgarians (few, and around the Mountains), Macedons and Italians, I have zero respect for most of the other nations. Australia has a great history and Australians are ruff and tuff bastardos like ourselves. They eat crocs for breakfast, and I greatly appreciated the invitation since I got invited here the same way. I couldn't say no to such a polite and together so ruff and tuff and cool persona. I think you'll fit fine. Enjoy here instead of Facebook, I meant Fakebook, which I only use for biz.
fisherman

Postby Texan » 06 Nov 2018, 05:13

Aussie wrote:'Onya Texan. Given that background and family tree, I guess you are of Vietnam War vintage. Welcome.

Sorry I missed your post. I was born during the Vietnam War.
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby pinkeye » 07 Nov 2018, 04:38

so a young'un then. Guess that explains your optimism.

Hey ..mid-term elections are happening right now in the US. I must confess it seems a strange set-up … basically your politicians get to have a party every 2 years, even tho the Major election is for 4 yrs. Party-time.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Nov 2018, 05:39

so if u get really old u loose your optimism....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby Texan » 07 Nov 2018, 09:53

pinkeye wrote:so a young'un then. Guess that explains your optimism.

Hey ..mid-term elections are happening right now in the US. I must confess it seems a strange set-up … basically your politicians get to have a party every 2 years, even tho the Major election is for 4 yrs. Party-time.

Young is a relative term. I'm 51 and will become a grandfather in January. I was born in January 1967.

House of Representatives - 2 years
Senate - 6 years
President - 4 years
Texan
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 07 Nov 2018, 13:49

Texan wrote:

Young is a relative term. I'm 51 and will become a grandfather in January. I was born in January 1967.

Senate - 6 years
President - 4 years

I first became a grampa in 2011. Best thing ever. Congrats in advance, Texan. You're gonna love this. :bgrin
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Irish wolfhound

Postby johnsmith » 07 Nov 2018, 14:41

SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:

Senate - 6 years
President - 4 years

I first became a grampa in 2011. Best thing ever. Congrats in advance, Texan. You're gonna love this. :bgrin

yes, I've heard it's better than being a dad even

mostly because you get to send them back home :roll
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Next

Return to Sand Pit