Good night...or good morning.

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: Good night...or good morning.

Postby Aussie » 21 Oct 2018, 17:00

fisherman wrote:
Aussie wrote:Nah.....they have kids in the nest and they are protecting the area where the nest is. "Far cough, human!"

Still a sociopathic behaviour. Why do they go in cities? They have all the outback and other free areas for themselves. Let me see. Yeah. Because humans throw out free food for them to get, the little bums. Seagulls at least "shop fresh". No garbage containers for seagulls.

Our crows are smart bastards. If you leave food accessible in a golf cart, they will find it, get rid of the wrapping and enjoy your snack.

The magpies not so clever. They just loiter hoping for a handout. Crows just take it. But.....there is one magpie at the Club who will swoop to pinch the food out of your mouth. Funniest thing ever. Mate of mine, huge bloke with a shitty quick temper got whacked by that bird while he was actually putting a sandwich into his mouth. Well, all Hell breaks loose. There he is swinging his club at the bird swearing his head off. Bird just toyed with him. Stupid woman on a nearby fairway (not having seen the bird attack) tells my mate, 'Leave the bird alone, you arsehole!' Jayzuz....all that did was give him a human target to verbally abuse and he did not miss!
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby johnsmith » 21 Oct 2018, 17:05

fisherman wrote:
johnsmith wrote:seagulls are harmless. :c

Gooday mate.

Yeah, I've had hem take food from my hand as I was about to pop it into my mouth. No biggie, they're fearless scavengers, but still harmless.

Magpies however will claw and grab your hair as hey swoop. No comparison
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 21 Oct 2018, 17:06

fisherman wrote: Why do they go in cities?

they were there first.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 21 Oct 2018, 23:12

Stuff you lot. Ima going to bed......if I am allowed.
Aussie

Postby fisherman » 22 Oct 2018, 03:29

johnsmith wrote:
fisherman wrote: Why do they go in cities?

they were there first.

Lol, kind of a good point when I think 'bout it. I won't dare argue about that.

fisherman

Postby fisherman » 22 Oct 2018, 03:31

Aussie wrote:Stuff you lot. Ima going to bed......if I am allowed.

No. You're absolutely not! You simply do not go to bed! Only I allow humans to go to bed!

fisherman

Postby dissilymordentroge » 22 Oct 2018, 13:30

goodvibes wrote:
dissilymordentroge wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Golf is a good walk spoiled. - Mark Twain

The trickis to get onto the rink early in the morning, t off before ayone else and run.

That's a big bong you have.

These days I prefer cookies.
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 22 Oct 2018, 23:47

Sorry Fisherman....it is now my 11.15 pm and off to bed I go.
Aussie

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 01:03

Aussie wrote:
fisherman wrote:
Aussie wrote:Nah.....they have kids in the nest and they are protecting the area where the nest is. "Far cough, human!"

Still a sociopathic behaviour. Why do they go in cities? They have all the outback and other free areas for themselves. Let me see. Yeah. Because humans throw out free food for them to get, the little bums. Seagulls at least "shop fresh". No garbage containers for seagulls.

Our crows are smart bastards. If you leave food accessible in a golf cart, they will find it, get rid of the wrapping and enjoy your snack.

The magpies not so clever. They just loiter hoping for a handout. Crows just take it. But.....there is one magpie at the Club who will swoop to pinch the food out of your mouth. Funniest thing ever. Mate of mine, huge bloke with a shitty quick temper got whacked by that bird while he was actually putting a sandwich into his mouth. Well, all Hell breaks loose. There he is swinging his club at the bird swearing his head off. Bird just toyed with him. Stupid woman on a nearby fairway (not having seen the bird attack) tells my mate, 'Leave the bird alone, you arsehole!' Jayzuz....all that did was give him a human target to verbally abuse and he did not miss!

CROWS actually have the smartest brain in all the airborne kingdom. Maybe even surpassing chimps and dolphins at overall IQ and decision making. CROWS can do sophisticated mathematical calculations in no time. By the way how do I embed a YouTube link since it doesn't happen at all??
fisherman

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 01:07

johnsmith wrote:
fisherman wrote:
johnsmith wrote:seagulls are harmless. :c

Gooday mate.

Yeah, I've had hem take food from my hand as I was about to pop it into my mouth. No biggie, they're fearless scavengers, but still harmless.

Magpies however will claw and grab your hair as hey swoop. No comparison

Didn't know magpies were such cunts before I came here
fisherman

Postby pinkeye » 23 Oct 2018, 01:47

we have very smart birds here.

I've seen Kookaburra's battering all the crap and poison out of a dead cane toad, by repetitively bashing it against a tree branch, back and forth.
It was the whack whack noise, that kept on and on that attracted my attention. Once something dropped out it got eaten, and the Kooka flew off.

And Yes ..crows are very smart, tool-using creatures.

Magpies are marvellous.. I've actually seen more than one magpie trial.. where several birds circled a single bird.
One was just outside my front door. ( I have my own magpies... wild, that raise their chicks here every year) They definitely know me, because I've never been swooped on by local maggies. )
They were castigating this one bird.. by their songs, and behaviour, and the recalcitrant magpie was actually making appeasing moves... amazing.
It couldn't have been clearer.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby Aussie » 23 Oct 2018, 08:52

By the way how do I embed a YouTube link since it doesn't happen at all??

[youtube]put url here...deleting the s from https[/youtube]
Aussie

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 09:39

Aussie wrote:

Last edited by fisherman on 23 Oct 2018, 09:46, edited 3 times in total.
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Oct 2018, 09:41

That worked.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 09:46

HBS Guy wrote:That worked.

OK I saw it now. My browser was blocking my own video and marking it as "insecure content" and prevented it to load so I couldn't see it. You're a lifesaver!!
fisherman

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Oct 2018, 09:48

Was Aussie showed you how! Just remember to remove the ‘s’ from “https//. . .”
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 09:56

HBS Guy wrote:Was Aussie showed you how! Just remember to remove the ‘s’ from “https//. . .”

Okay, but it still bugs. Won't load my video. I have to click on a small icon near my bookmark icon and click "LOAD UNSAFE SCRIPTS". I'm running CHROME.
fisherman

Postby Aussie » 23 Oct 2018, 10:00

fisherman wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Was Aussie showed you how! Just remember to remove the ‘s’ from “https//. . .”

Okay, but it still bugs. Won't load my video. I have to click on a small icon near my bookmark icon and click "LOAD UNSAFE SCRIPTS". I'm running CHROME.

That's way beyond my pay grade!

:?
Aussie

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Oct 2018, 10:01

You have probably turned on humungous security features.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 10:14

HBS Guy wrote:You have probably turned on humungous security features.

Just defs. Stock package owns it. Doesn't show up on other websites. And don't forget I'm a web designer. It's what I do for money.
fisherman

Postby mothra » 23 Oct 2018, 10:46

fisherman wrote:

Oh my god! You've just fixed my problem! I and at least one other member haven't been able to see youtube clips on here ... i clicked that icon and they've shown up!

Thank you so much!
mothra
Duck

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 10:56

mothra wrote:
fisherman wrote:

Oh my god! You've just fixed my problem! I and at least one other member haven't been able to see youtube clips on here ... i clicked that icon and they've shown up!

Thank you so much!

You're very welcome, M.

I'm sure you would've did the same if it was you. I like to post information oftentimes so detailed, maybe helps someone. I like posting notes so it stays in like an archive.

And... I wouldn't recommend doing this, since it won't PROTECT you from other dangerous and malware links and spammy sites, but on your own risk, to make that permanent:

From Google's Support page:

We do not recommend turning off alerts.

On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Under "Privacy and security," turn off Protect you and your device from dangerous sites.
fisherman

Postby mothra » 23 Oct 2018, 11:19

fisherman wrote:
Aussie wrote:

mothra
Duck

Postby fisherman » 23 Oct 2018, 11:51

Great respect for seagulls, lesbian or not. Seagulls can ruin your life pretty easily if you don't act smart around them.
fisherman

Postby Texan » 24 Oct 2018, 04:39

HBS Guy wrote:Golf: old farts hitting small balls with sticks.

Stay safe out there.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible. - Sam Houston
Texan
Pitbull terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Sand Pit