Qld storms

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: johnsmith

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Qld storms

Postby Aussie » 08 Oct 2018, 20:36

I am about to have the shit kicked out of 'me.'

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Re: Qld storms

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Oct 2018, 20:40

Good idea to disconnect computer & router!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 08 Oct 2018, 20:43

Not needed. I think I have all the required protections. That black shit indicates hail and that is my worst nightmare for the Cab. But it is not here at the moment. It is safely out of that storm's path.

Neat light show at the moment.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 08 Oct 2018, 20:54

over my way they had a para glider stuck in a tree up on Mt Tambourine during the storm. For some reason the rescue services refused to run up a ladder so as to get her down

the chickens :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 08 Oct 2018, 21:31

Aussie wrote:Not needed. I think I have all the required protections. That black shit indicates hail and that is my worst nightmare for the Cab. But it is not here at the moment. It is safely out of that storm's path.

Neat light show at the moment.

The thing has come and gone, and apart from a pissy light and noise show.......blah. BOM is misleading!
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Oct 2018, 21:41

Can expect more and bigger hail as the globe warms.

Some protection for the cab against hail? Steal some Lib/Greens corflutes, glue to roof of cab incl bonnet and boot?
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 08 Oct 2018, 21:48

And to add an anecdote.

Last Saturday......the Golf Club's monthly medal. Stroke (which means count them all.) Four of us hit off. Dodgy weather. Rained on the second hole but we kept going. Intermittent and tolerable for the first nine and we get to the second nine. Okay on the 10th but at the 11th, the cats and dogs arrive. Still, we soldier on. Get to the 13th green...still pissing down. I have had enough and two others agreed. But my mate Gav (with whom I own the golf cart) has a good score going and he is a hungry fucker. He wants to keep going. So the other two leave, go home, dry off and have a beer while I am stuck with Gav (dry enough in the cart....not playing) while he seeks to win the day.

Lightning.

So....Gav expects me to hang onto the pin flag while he puts! Now, you do know about lightning and skinny long things pointed skywards? 'Fuck you Gav. Yer on yer own with the flag,' and I stay safe and snug enough in the cart. As he always does, he whinges and calls me for all the arseholes on the Planet, but he has no choice as he needs someone to mark his card.....moi. He has to suck it up. Prick blew it on the last three holes of the 18 and we both wasted the effort.

I blame Islam......no.......Gav.

:yahoo
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Oct 2018, 21:53

Gawd doesn’t strike the pure of heart does he? . . . .hmmm, OK, I see the problem.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 08 Oct 2018, 22:07

Pure of heart as I always reckon I am, Ima not gonna hold a lightning rod so Gav can have a put.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Oct 2018, 22:20

Nah, fuck Gav, he can cop the lightning!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 09 Oct 2018, 03:02

Aussie wrote:And to add an anecdote.

Last Saturday......the Golf Club's monthly medal. Stroke (which means count them all.) Four of us hit off. Dodgy weather. Rained on the second hole but we kept going. Intermittent and tolerable for the first nine and we get to the second nine. Okay on the 10th but at the 11th, the cats and dogs arrive. Still, we soldier on. Get to the 13th green...still pissing down. I have had enough and two others agreed. But my mate Gav (with whom I own the golf cart) has a good score going and he is a hungry fucker. He wants to keep going. So the other two leave, go home, dry off and have a beer while I am stuck with Gav (dry enough in the cart....not playing) while he seeks to win the day.

Lightning.

So....Gav expects me to hang onto the pin flag while he puts! Now, you do know about lightning and skinny long things pointed skywards? 'Fuck you Gav. Yer on yer own with the flag,' and I stay safe and snug enough in the cart. As he always does, he whinges and calls me for all the arseholes on the Planet, but he has no choice as he needs someone to mark his card.....moi. He has to suck it up. Prick blew it on the last three holes of the 18 and we both wasted the effort.

I blame Islam......no.......Gav.

:yahoo

You mad golfing fools. :roll :bgrin

Yeah the storms mostly missed me, but got some lovely rain over the last week or so.
It'll be an interesting year. So far they're mostly hitting north of Bris.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Oct 2018, 06:30

we got hit really bad on sunday night... the rain can from the west and the rain was sideways.... it hit so hard the rain was pouring through the gaps in the windows, and the front door which had a veranda over it... was hail as well but looked like broken glass, lots of it but didn't damage anything.
Have about 20 broken tree's and the hail didn't melt till about 10am yesterday.
No real damage but about 20 wet towels and we have 2 visitors in their caravan and they thought they where goners and hid under their table.....
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 09 Oct 2018, 14:59

BOM.....here we go again!

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Aussie » 09 Oct 2018, 15:54

See bottom left...heading my way.

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Aussie » 09 Oct 2018, 15:58

From a different radar site.

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Aussie » 09 Oct 2018, 17:32

...and the bastards keep lining up to give me a flogging!

Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby johnsmith » 09 Oct 2018, 19:04

had nothing at all down my way.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 09 Oct 2018, 19:15

And.....all that....a non event. BOM radar no good?

:huh
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby greggerypeccary » 09 Oct 2018, 21:11

We just had a storm hit here in Perth.

Only lasted for about an hour.

Dropped some rain, and blew the washing off the line.

All clear now :rain
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 10 Oct 2018, 12:18

greggerypeccary wrote:We just had a storm hit here in Perth.

Only lasted for about an hour.

Dropped some rain, and blew the washing off the line.

All clear now :rain

The storm ended up getting worse.

Had some serious thunder and lightning during the night.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/weather/perth-weather-spectacular-thunderstorm-hail-sweeps-over-city-ng-b88986332z
greggerypeccary
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 11 Oct 2018, 00:41

Aussie wrote:And.....all that....a non event. BOM radar no good?

:huh

Well they seem to build quick, but approaching the coast they dissipate . Tonight there was a line of storms from North to South, but as usual, approaching my place they split apart. I got a rumble of lightening , or 2, and that was it.!!

More rain more rain. :jump
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Oct 2018, 18:16

holy fuck, what a lot of storm activity today.... unreal and luckly we missed the brunt of it today, got rain, devastation all around us and the storm gods missed us so far...……
Looks like Marabourough just got smash I hope they r ok
I'm in a little town called Nanango if u want to look at BOM
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 11 Oct 2018, 18:47

DonDeeHippy wrote:holy fuck, what a lot of storm activity today.... unreal and luckly we missed the brunt of it today, got rain, devastation all around us and the storm gods missed us so far...……
Looks like Marabourough just got smash I hope they r ok
I'm in a little town called Nanango if u want to look at BOM

Yes.....Nanango, Kilkivan all in a belt through which today's nasty passed. Yes, Maryborough in the schit as well. I have family in Bundaberg, cane farmers, and hail is lethal. I reckon they missed today, thank fuk.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby pinkeye » 12 Oct 2018, 04:44

Got some nice rain, but otherwise, nothing much here. Lucky.
But then again...…… I've lived here for more than thirty yrs, and my little house appears to be in a very protected place.

Over the years I've seen massive storms just skim past, wreaking havoc elsewhere.

I hope it continues, even though the rain fall is affected as well.
Yesterday's hmm, the day before that, storms just split up and passed either side. Yesterday, nice rain in the late morning, and lots of storms, all passing by.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Return to Sand Pit